PDA

View Full Version : same result as saturday would do! but better performance is needed!!!!

james-h
22-09-2009, 03:57 PM
same result as saturday would do but better performance

HFC 0-7
22-09-2009, 04:00 PM

I think the performances will get better if the team stays as is. Murray and Bamba looked good together but I got the feeling they were maybe getting protection from the midfield as they were a new pairing. Hopefully if they play the same team then the players will be more confident of the CB pairing and will compete more in midfield to win the second ball.

james-h
22-09-2009, 04:02 PM
my team

stack

mccormack
bamba
murray
hanlon

mcbride

spoony
miller
zemamma

stokes
riordan

forthhibby
22-09-2009, 04:03 PM
it's a cuptie, result will do for me

Phil D. Rolls
22-09-2009, 04:04 PM

I'll take the result first, and the performance second. The result is a "must have", the performance is a "nice to have".

GC
22-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Maka

Hogg
Bamba
Murray

McBride

Zemmama
Miller
Wotherspoon
Galbraith

Riordan
Stokes

Subs

Stack
Hanlon
Cregg
Benji
Nish

james-h
22-09-2009, 04:06 PM
actually i would have galbraith in there he played well when he came on and needs more game time

JimBHibees
22-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Same team as Saturday, same performance as Saturday, same result as Saturday :greengrin

HibeeMG
22-09-2009, 04:11 PM
my team

stack

mccormack
bamba
murray
hanlon

mcbride

spoony
miller
zemamma

stokes
riordan

Maka

Hogg
Bamba
Murray

McBride

Zemmama
Miller
Wotherspoon
Galbraith

Riordan
Stokes

Subs

Stack
Hanlon
Cregg
Benji
Nish

Don't know what Rankin's done to be dropped by both of you.

GC, that has to be the most lightweight midfield I've ever seen at ER!! Did you not see the size of the St Johnstone players? They'll eat them up like Nade with a Big Mac!

GC
22-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Don't know what Rankin's done to be dropped by both of you.

GC, that has to be the most lightweight midfield I've ever seen at ER!! Did you not see the size of the St Johnstone players? They'll eat them up like Nade with a Big Mac!

Forgot all about Rankin, still would only find a place on the bench for me.

I'm a firm believer in that if we get the ball down and play the way those players in that midfield CAN then the size/power of the St Johnstone players won't matter.

You can only out-muscle someone if you can get close to them.

Albanian Hibs
22-09-2009, 04:18 PM
I'll take the result first, and the performance second. The result is a "must have", the performance is a "nice to have".

:agree:

HibeeMG
22-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Forgot all about Rankin, still would only find a place on the bench for me.

I'm a firm believer in that if we get the ball down and play the way those players in that midfield CAN then the size/power of the St Johnstone players won't matter.

You can only out-muscle someone if you can get close to them.

I'd love to believe that our players were so skillful that the opposition wouldn't get anywhere near them but how do you expect us to get the ball back of them when they have the kick-off from all the goals we've scored? :wink:

GC
22-09-2009, 04:25 PM
I'd love to believe that our players were so skillful that the opposition wouldn't get anywhere near them but how do you expect us to get the ball back of them when they have the kick-off from all the goals we've scored? :wink:

I don't think it's that hard to believe.

The players in the middle are all good ball players but they're hardly 10 year old lassies who are scared to go near a player.