PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV

euro Hibby
22-09-2009, 03:31 PM
After a long lay off decided to give the live game a try and have booked for tonight. Found the new site a little complicated to navigate. No problems paying , just wondering if my old username and password will work and asking if Interative will send me some kind of confirmation on how I will access the game. This was never the easiest part in the process. Being an overseas Hibby you don't get to see the boys so much and the last thing you want is technical hitches.

I have also included Hibs in my wee line for tonight just to add some interest to the game. I have got them with Muderwell and Inter Milan. 30 quid gives back 100

Jay
22-09-2009, 03:44 PM
There used to be a forum, I was going to suggest you tried posting there as you would get a quicker more acurate answer but to be honest I just tried to find it and I see your issues! Cant see it anywhere.

Hopefully someone will be in touch soon.

Martin
22-09-2009, 03:45 PM
After a long lay off decided to give the live game a try and have booked for tonight. Found the new site a little complicated to navigate. No problems paying , just wondering if my old username and password will work and asking if Interative will send me some kind of confirmation on how I will access the game. This was never the easiest part in the process. Being an overseas Hibby you don't get to see the boys so much and the last thing you want is technical hitches.

I have also included Hibs in my wee line for tonight just to add some interest to the game. I have got them with Muderwell and Inter Milan. 30 quid gives back 100

When in Hibernian TV home page, click Match Live, then Live Video. If you have paid for the game you should be able to log in with your username and password.

PC Stamp
22-09-2009, 04:01 PM
To save people starting up question threads on hibs.net where in fairness it's not really the place to ask HTV related questions, Perform who now administer the club website don't offer a question forum. However if you don't have any luck in contacting them with queries, the old HI forum is still available in the short term at least at the following url where someone may be able to help ....

http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/hiforums/

euro Hibby
22-09-2009, 04:15 PM
apologies if I asked a question in the wrong place. I visited the forum suggested but you have to register to ask questions which tbh is something I would prefer not to do. I presume still HI will confirm my username and log on details before the game.

MilwaukeeHibee
22-09-2009, 04:19 PM
I got the game on Saturday and received an email pretty quickly with a login and password to access that game :agree:

euro Hibby
22-09-2009, 04:28 PM
I must be early so will sit tight and wait. Most of the time everything works out.....Thanks anyway

PeeJay
22-09-2009, 04:32 PM
To save people starting up question threads on hibs.net where in fairness it's not really the place to ask HTV related questions, Perform who now administer the club website don't offer a question forum. However if you don't have any luck in contacting them with queries, the old HI forum is still available in the short term at least at the following url where someone may be able to help ....

As far as I can tell, Hibs Television is part of Hibernian Football club of which we are all supporters: it's on the official site and run by Hibs (albeit it some truly crummy company has now taken over the service). So although we can discuss everything we like about Hibs, particularly rumours and stories that turn up on any old web site run by anyone, we should not "in all fairness" discuss Hibernian TV on Hibs net: I'm just wondering (all innocent like) why not? :confused: Surely Hibs.net (or indeed other Hibs supporter forums") would be an ideal place to praise, knock it and suggest improvements, just like we do now with every other aspect of the club? Am I missing something?

EuroHibby: If you have your old login details everything should work out fine, it did with me on Staurday!

Jay
22-09-2009, 04:49 PM
As far as I can tell, Hibs Television is part of Hibernian Football club of which we are all supporters: it's on the official site and run by Hibs (albeit it some truly crummy company has now taken over the service). So although we can discuss everything we like about Hibs, particularly rumours and stories that turn up on any old web site run by anyone, we should not "in all fairness" discuss Hibernian TV on Hibs net: I'm just wondering (all innocent like) why not? :confused: Surely Hibs.net (or indeed other Hibs supporter forums") would be an ideal place to praise, knock it and suggest improvements, just like we do now with every other aspect of the club? Am I missing something?

EuroHibby: If you have your old login details everything should work out fine, it did with me on Staurday!

I agree Peejay. Its okay to discuss shirt sizes and what we think of the strips and Marydolls egg cups etc so it should be okay to discuss Hibs TV its all part and package of the same thing in my opinion. Also we can help each other find the cheapest car insurance or Billy Connolly tickets so why cant we help each other get to the right place on Hibs TV, especially in the beginning when its all new to everybody.

Sorry Cliff, not having a go at you or anybody else its just something that has always niggled me.

DaveF
22-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Am I missing something?

No you are not and there have been (and no doubt will be) plenty of threads praising, criticising the HTV product.

What this site won't be, is a vehicle for free promotion of said product. The people in charge of HI\HTV know why, hence Cliff's post on the matter.

HI had a forum prior to re-branding which allowed them to cater for questions so if it's not available anymore, then I'd email them using whatever contact address you can glean from when you signed up.

Ta.

PeeJay
22-09-2009, 05:23 PM
No you are not and there have been (and no doubt will be) plenty of threads praising, criticising the HTV product.

What this site won't be, is a vehicle for free promotion of said product. The people in charge of HI\HTV know why, hence Cliff's post on the matter.

HI had a forum prior to re-branding which allowed them to cater for questions so if it's not available anymore, then I'd email them using whatever contact address you can glean from when you signed up.

Ta.

I think Hiberni-mum summed it up pretty well - for me, and I dare say most fans who subscribe or are interested in the service, HI or HTV is part of the Hibs Football Club, nothing more nothing less.

As an overseas fan I can watch the team live on matchdays with one eye always on the Hibs.net site! Again there must be something I'm missing because although you are prepared to allow free promotion for store club products or any, e.g. books written about Hibs, this does not apply to HTV (to which I have no affiliation BTW), so it's not "free promotion" per se that seems to be the problem but HTV - for whatever reason. I thought the subscriptioins went to the club, which must be a good thing, but ...

As to Cliff's post which one on here is Cliff?:confused:

Well I've sort of made my point, but it won't change anything I guess, so I'm off to watch the game soon on ... thingumbyjig! Weather's looking fine this evening - here's hoping we win!!! :bye:

euro Hibby
22-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Initially I thought the same and did not understand that there could be any issues. In the end I am a visitor on the board so if it keeps everyone happy I will in future try elsewhere. Thanks to those who ventured some help.

DC_Hibs
22-09-2009, 06:28 PM

Seems to me that the post I have quoted above is referring to people raising questions for the attention of Hibernian TV on here rather than having an issue with people discussing it on here. Hopefully people now have the contact details for raising such queries.

It does surprise me though that there is an issue with "free promotion" when this can only be of benefit to the club and us fans and is not offering a similar service to hibs.net. Not wanting to start any debates on this by the way, I have a live game to watch so toodlepip.

Martin
23-09-2009, 10:23 AM
I have a live game to watch so toodlepip.

Bet you wish you had hadn't DC :wink:

DC_Hibs
23-09-2009, 10:48 AM
You're not wrong, can you arrange a full refund please!!

Danderhall Hibs
23-09-2009, 12:46 PM
It does surprise me though that there is an issue with "free promotion" when this can only be of benefit to the club and us fans and is not offering a similar service to hibs.net. Not wanting to start any debates on this by the way, I have a live game to watch so toodlepip.

Good point. As far as I know any money/profit Hibs.net makes goes straight back into the Hibs. If .net was to give “free promotion” to HI this would benefit Hibs.

Hibs.net also gives “free promotion” to the BBC and Scotsman via the news forum as well as a weekly sticky thread when the highlights go up on the BBC. How much do Hibs get out of that?

Mikey
23-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Good point. As far as I know any money/profit Hibs.net makes goes straight back into the Hibs. If .net was to give “free promotion” to HI this would benefit Hibs.

Hibs.net also gives “free promotion” to the BBC and Scotsman via the news forum as well as a weekly sticky thread when the highlights go up on the BBC. How much do Hibs get out of that?

Aye, very good. Don't be casting hibs.net as the villains here simply because most on here have either forgotten or couldn't give a toss. To the best of my knowledge no-one at the BBC or the Scotsman has branded any of the admin team a Nazi.

If you need a refresher we've still got all the posts and IP addresses tucked away for rainy day. I can post it all up again if you want, but do we really want to turn the clock back to October 7th 2007?

Your call.

Danderhall Hibs
23-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Aye, very good. Don't be casting hibs.net as the villains here simply because most on here have either forgotten or couldn't give a toss. To the best of my knowledge no-one at the BBC or the Scotsman has branded any of the admin team a Nazi.

If you need a refresher we've still got all the posts and IP addresses tucked away for rainy day. I can post it all up again if you want, but do we really want to turn the clock back to October 7th 2007?

Your call.

Doesn't make any odds to me mate my IP address won't be one of them - I'm not affiliated to HI in anyway at all!

Big90inOz
23-09-2009, 01:52 PM
No idea what happened in Oct 2007, I just don't get the animosity towards HI :dizzy:
Are we not all Hibby's trying to do our best for the club, it must have been something major for it to be such an issue after 2 yrs.....

Personally I can't heap enough praise on HI for their live feeds which allow me to watch all home games. Even if I do feel I have to get up at 2.30am to watch us outplayed...:boo hoo:

(((Fergus)))
23-09-2009, 01:55 PM

Your call.

So because someone from HI insulted someone on the Hibs.net admin team, no one is allowed to discuss HI/HTV matters on here?

Danderhall Hibs
23-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Personally I can't heap enough praise on HI for their live feeds which allow me to watch all home games. Even if I do feel I have to get up at 2.30am to watch us outplayed...:boo hoo:

You should give Yogi a bell and see if he can get the K/O time changed to suit you better. Would an 8pm k/o suit you better?

DaveF
23-09-2009, 02:40 PM
So because someone from HI insulted someone on the Hibs.net admin team, no one is allowed to discuss HI/HTV matters on here?

It's a bit more than that Fergus.

Why don't you email Stuart and Trev at HI and ask them for the history.

Those two have done more than most to damage relations between themselves and .net \ bounce, meaning that what should be a product everyone embraces, suffers as a result.

We won't stop discussions on HI, but we won't allow them (or you or whoever) to promote it.

It might look odd from 'the outside' and I can appreciate that.

However, that's the way it is.