PDA

View Full Version : Yams Gary Mackay

sunshine1875
22-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Some craking quotes from the deluded Mr Mackay.

"Obviously I wasn't at the game but, having sat at home and listened to the entire game with one of my friends, neither of us could remember a time during the preceding 90 minutes where there had been a break in play for a physio to have to come on to the park. All of a sudden there were four minutes of injury time to be played and Celtic had been awarded a corner."

"I just couldn't comprehend what was going on and I think that maybe there has to be some kind of investigation into the whole scenario and whether the fourth official and referee can work together more closely to make sure that games don't overrun to one team's advantage." WTF oh were the Jambo's tired...poor lambs.

"It is so difficult as a supporter, when you are listening to radio coverage of matches to work out what is going on. I found myself questioning everything. Was there four minutes of injury time, should it have been a corner kick in the first place? There certainly seemed to be a bit of dubiety about both of those things and at least if you are there in person you get a better idea of what has gone on." Right, you were not at the game, yet you are doubting something that has been shown to be correct.

"If we had taken a point it would have been a thoroughly deserved one, Hearts worked really hard but yet again we didn't get the rub of the green that we needed at Parkhead. The result against Celtic might have been disappointing but I don't think that there were too many negatives about the performance itself. If Hearts just keep trying to play the way that they have been and add a cutting edge then they won't fare too badly this season." Thoroughly deserved, yet he wasn't at the game.

Clown.

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Gary-Mackay-My-armchair-agony.5664243.jp

H18sry
22-09-2009, 11:50 AM

"Obviously I wasn't at the game but, having sat at home and listened to the entire game with one of my friends, neither of us could remember a time during the preceding 90 minutes where there had been a break in play for a physio to have to come on to the park. All of a sudden there were four minutes of injury time to be played and Celtic had been awarded a corner."

"I just couldn't comprehend what was going on and I think that maybe there has to be some kind of investigation into the whole scenario and whether the fourth official and referee can work together more closely to make sure that games don't overrun to one team's advantage." WTF oh were the Jambo's tired...poor lambs.

"It is so difficult as a supporter, when you are listening to radio coverage of matches to work out what is going on. I found myself questioning everything. Was there four minutes of injury time, should it have been a corner kick in the first place? There certainly seemed to be a bit of dubiety about both of those things and at least if you are there in person you get a better idea of what has gone on." Right, you were not at the game, yet you are doubting something that has been shown to be correct.

"If we had taken a point it would have been a thoroughly deserved one, Hearts worked really hard but yet again we didn't get the rub of the green that we needed at Parkhead. The result against Celtic might have been disappointing but I don't think that there were too many negatives about the performance itself. If Hearts just keep trying to play the way that they have been and add a cutting edge then they won't fare too badly this season." Thoroughly deserved, yet he wasn't at the game.

Clown.

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Gary-Mackay-My-armchair-agony.5664243.jp

Do both teams not compete in injury time :confused:

Jonnyboy
22-09-2009, 11:55 AM

Clown.

:shocked: he has friends?????? :greengrin

Andy74
22-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Ach, let them get on with it. At the end of the day you and I can look at the score and it says Celtic 2 Hearts 1 and the table reflects the fact they got no points.

If they keep looking to other people to blame for everything then it means they aren't addressing any real issues so that's all fine, let them believe what they want and to waste energy on pursuing it.

I can't really comprehend the mind set that tells them that they are really a big team and it's all outside factors that contribute to them not achieving as much as they should, but there you go, that's the way they think. Good luck to them. The longer they avoid any real problems the less likley they are to improve their lot.

ian cruise
22-09-2009, 12:38 PM
wallace was totally at fault for the fact a corner was given so they have no-one to blame but themselves, even if they had had more possession and chances, which as far as i can tell from the highlights they most certainly didnt. yams will probably argue that the highlights are edited and dont show true reflection of the game but its hard enough to watch the few minutes of their muck, im certainly not wanting to see anymore than that!

maturehibby
22-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Knowing Mackays intelegence I am positive of one thing the article was ghost written though by who I dont know as Charlie Mann has left and was the last man at Tynie that could do joined up writing

Hibercelona
22-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Ach, let them get on with it. At the end of the day you and I can look at the score and it says Celtic 2 Hearts 1 and the table reflects the fact they got no points.

If they keep looking to other people to blame for everything then it means they aren't addressing any real issues so that's all fine, let them believe what they want and to waste energy on pursuing it.

I can't really comprehend the mind set that tells them that they are really a big team and it's all outside factors that contribute to them not achieving as much as they should, but there you go, that's the way they think. Good luck to them. The longer they avoid any real problems the less likley they are to improve their lot.

:top marks

Long may the humorous attempts at blaming other clubs and the SFA continue. :agree:

banarc7062
22-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Does he actually get paid for his story. Nae wonder the Scotsman are being considered for a take-over.

iwasthere1972
22-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Quote from Gary Mackay that puzzles me.

When you are listening to radio coverage of matches to work out what is going on. I found myself questioning everything. Was there four minutes of injury time, should it have been a corner kick in the first place?

How can you question whether it should have been a corner kick with your ear stuck to the radio. :confused:

What a plonker. :faf:

Hibercelona
22-09-2009, 12:57 PM

When you are listening to radio coverage of matches to work out what is going on. I found myself questioning everything. Was there four minutes of injury time, should it have been a corner kick in the first place?

How can you question whether it should have been a corner kick with your ear stuck to the radio. :confused:

Maybe like the rest of us, he was in Iraq? :devil:

horseflesh
22-09-2009, 12:59 PM
you would have thought 4 minutes extra time would have worked against the team who were playing in 30 degree on Thursday night

--------
22-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Well, I wasn't at ER on Saturday, but my high-powered Exrta-Sensory Perception told me that we should've had three penalties and that St Johnstone should've had two men sent off, all in the first ten minutes.

I think there needs to be some kind of investigation into the whole scenario because although I didn't see any of the incidents and in fact I haven't a freakin clue whether there actually were any incidents of the kind I'm thinking of, we have to be sure that a referee doesn't apply the rules properly to one team's advantage.

Obviously, not having those three penalties awarded against them, and playing with eleven men on the field for 90 minutes was CLEARLY to St Johnstone's advantage.

All I ask is a level playing field and fair treatment from the ref.

But I fear that the SAME THING will happen tonight.

Everybody hates us.

GARY MACKAY - TWONK. :rolleyes:

iwasthere1972
22-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Maybe like the rest of us, he was in Iraq? :devil:

The little Basra. Telling porkies that he was listening to it on his wireless.

I heard there was a good "Hibs" support in Iraq. :agree: Not until after the game had finished mind you. :grr:

NOLA
22-09-2009, 01:18 PM
:shocked: he has friends?????? :greengrin

pam and her 5sisters:wink:

hibbybob
22-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Why does The Scotsman pay that halfwit to write about a game he wasn't even at? Even if it's a regular column they could have got somebody to stand in for a week!

I don't know what's worse, The Scotsman or MacKay

Phil D. Rolls
22-09-2009, 03:03 PM

I've always thought Gary watched games on radio. Why didn't he just say to the journo, sorry I didn't see the game, I can't give you a quote. Oh wait a minute Gary MacKay.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-09-2009, 03:11 PM
You could imagine Gary Mackay and same type associates all sitting around the set, listening to the footie. All getting really wound up cos none of them can work the remote to turn the brightness up.