PDA

View Full Version : Gangster asked me to 'do in' Scotland footballer, reveals notorious Hibs hooligan

YehButNoBut
22-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Some story in the Daily Record today regarding Andy Blance, who gained infamy as part of the Hibs gang the Capital City Service, or CCS.

He has a book out in which he tells how he turned into a fully-fledged criminal.

Wonder who the international player was.

Full story below.

"A SCOTTISH football star faced death threats over a £300,000 debt to a notorious crime godfather.
Soccer thug Andy Blance yesterday revealed he was asked to "do in" the international player by a drug kingpin.
But he refused because the player was a pal. Blance, jailed for five years for smashing an axe through the head of a rival, had been asked to call in the debt earlier this year.
But the Hibs-supporting hooligan says it would have been "madness" to try to attack the star player he had known for years.
Blance, 42, gained infamy as part of the violent Hibs gang the Capital City Service, or CCS. In a new book, he tells how he turned into a fully-fledged criminal.
He revealed: "Recently, I took a call from a well-known gangster. He was looking for a guy who had f****d him about, probably over payment for drugs.
"That guy just happened to be a Scotland internationalist.
"For obvious reasons, I can't name him, or even the clubs he has played for, but I hope he managed to make his peace with the gangster, who is not someone you would want to mess with."
He added: "I was asked if I could 'call-in' the debt. Obviously, we all know what that means. The player was facing a severe doing or even worse. But I refused point blank.
"Obviously, there are others out there who won't hesitate to use violence against a Scotland player if they are paid enough. It should be a major worry for the player.
"I will never say who this player is. The secret is safe with me."
Blance has been pictured in the past with pals such as Celtic's Scott Brown and Rangers' Kevin Thomson. The Record can confirm neither player was involved in the "death threat" incident.
Blance reveals all about his criminal past, terrace thuggery and jail terms in Hibs Boy: The Life And Violent Times Of Scotland's Most Notorious Football Hooligan.
His gang became a criminal organisation, running protection, security and shoplifting rings. And he got five years in jail in 1991 for the axe attack on a pub bouncer in Dunfermline, Fife.
In the book, Blance says: "Some players had more destructive and expensive tastes. I am not just talking here about Hibs players - I have enjoyed nights out with players from a range of Scottish clubs.
"For these guys fame and fortune and the adulation of football fans isn't enough. I am talking here about cocaine."
"Itmust havewreaked havoc with their bodies. But there was a more dangerous side-effect - the people it brought them into contact with."
Harm
Blance also claims his gang plotted against the late Hearts chairman Wallace Mercer after he tried to take over Hibs in 1989.
He said: "I am not saying we would have killed him but we had contingency plans to do him serious harm. I better just leave it at that."
He is now a friend of Trainspotting author Irvine Welsh, who writes the forward for the book.
Last night, Blance said of his thug life: "That is all in the past now. I have three sons and try to stay on the straight and narrow. I'm not proud of what I did."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/09/22/exclusive-gangster-asked-me-to-do-in-scotland-footballer-reveals-notorious-hibs-hooligan-86908-21691661/

Hibs7
22-09-2009, 11:50 AM
And we think Yogi has major problems with Deeks and Stokes !!!!!!!!!!!!:dizzy:

H18sry
22-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Not who i'm thinking of, surely? :confused:

Why who are you thinking of:confused:

And dont call me Shirley :grr:

hibbie02
22-09-2009, 11:54 AM
I really don't think that sort of speculation is either useful or fair. Probably best to keep your thoughts to yourselves?

Last night, Blance said of his thug life: "That is all in the past now. I have three sons and try to stay on the straight and narrow. I'm not proud of what I did." Aye so I will just write a book about it...........:duck:

johnrebus
22-09-2009, 11:55 AM
This sort of thing just gives me the dry boak.

And why is it always the Daily Record or Scottish Sunday Mail that carries this type of drivel ?

These stories all seem to end the same way, ' I'm not proud of what I did', ' I'm a family man now ', ' I'm a changed person now, help old grannies accross the road and run a home for stray three legged kittens '.

:fuming:

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Maybe me just being picky but three words immediately spring to mind when reading this. ****bag, ****bag and ****bag. There were plenty irate posters on when it looked like there were casuals who went down Blackburn looking to tarnish our club and colours. Don't see why printing this bio-tripe from a violent coward is any different.

Hibee87
22-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Dont think it says the Kt and SB played alongside this player it says :

Blance has been pictured in the past with pals such as Celtic's Scott Brown and Rangers' Kevin Thomson. The Record can confirm neither player was involved in the "death threat" incident.

i have a incling its a player who used to play international (but spat the dummy :wink:)

Perspective
22-09-2009, 12:09 PM
I've never understood why knuckle-draggers are given the platform to, firstly, air and glorify their antics and then profit from them!

The media, particularly since films like Football Factory, Green Street and the Danny Dyer documentary series, seem to think we must all harbour respect for these idiots.

As far as I'm concerned they have no place at Easter Road. Hibernian Football Club should be about the football, not an avenue for some plastic gangsters to play the big man.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-09-2009, 12:11 PM
What a fun "family paper" it is... :bitchy:

So we are seeing a resurgence of hooliganism again?
The media wouldn't fuel it would they?

Is there any common theme - high unemployment amongst younger age groups and perhaps the "originals" looking for a bit of nostalgia?

Anyway one of those curiosities it seems. People up in arms but more often than not folks looking for little tidbits on incidents.

But the violence wreaks havoc - a guy at school witnessed the Hibs-Aberdeen petrol bomb incident on Princes street and was paid house "visits" when the game came up. Wonder if Blanche's book covers much about the innocent victims and their views - probably not...

Scooter
22-09-2009, 12:16 PM
What abt the player TM tried to help but eventualy punted

GordonR
22-09-2009, 12:16 PM
FFS. This guy's heyday was back in the early 90s. He's 42 now, and one of the original CCS crew. It's clearly not anyone from any recent generation of players.

I think it's pretty obvious which early 90s Hibs player bampot case turned Scotland star bigger bampot case it is we're talking about here...

Viva_Palmeiras
22-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Can I apply a new word I picked up from the Tesco - Jedi story and call his behaviour twuntish?

PaulSmith
22-09-2009, 12:19 PM
I've never understood why knuckle-draggers are given the platform to, firstly, air and glorify their antics and then profit from them!

The media, particularly since films like Football Factory, Green Street and the Danny Dyer documentary series, seem to think we must all harbour respect for these idiots.

As far as I'm concerned they have no place at Easter Road. Hibernian Football Club should be about the football, not an avenue for some plastic gangsters to play the big man.

Maybe its the fact that there is a demand for these types of books, films and stories as there are many hundreds of thousands up and down the UK that can relate to it as opposed to 'giving respect'. Where there's demand there will be supply.

H18sry
22-09-2009, 12:20 PM
FFS. This guy's heyday was back in the early 90s. He's 42 now, and one of the original CCS crew. It's clearly not anyone from any recent generation of players.

I think it's pretty obvious which early 90s Hibs player bampot case turned Scotland star bigger bampot case it is we're talking about here...

I think the clue is in the word Recently :wink:

"He revealed: "Recently, I took a call from a well-known gangster. He was looking for a guy who had f****d him about, probably over payment for drugs.
"That guy just happened to be a Scotland internationalist"

marinello59
22-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Could you all please be careful about what you post up here. Contrary to popular belief adding 'allegedly' to an accusation does not offer the site any legal protection.

Thanks.

PaulSmith
22-09-2009, 12:22 PM

I think the clue is in the report where AB uses the word "recently" so you can rule out Andy Goram. AB would be on first name terms with the majority of Hibs players from the last 20 years, including the recent and current generation.

Baw187
22-09-2009, 12:23 PM

He was asked to do this earlier this year, the article reports. It also mentions 'current' internationalist.

Hibee87
22-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Quite a few to choose from there then... 1/4 of the Rangers team for starters in fact if you include Duncan Ferguson they have a bit of a tradition there (although I could kinda see his point but any bloke that goes into a nightclub wearing a single glove and an single earring should not really be taken that seriously).

as marinello said we cant go about naming people for things but your on the right tracks :faf:

disclaimor notice: im meerly stating an opinion and in no way shape or form naming or saying i know players done this or that etc.

can i also ask why everyone seems to think it was/is a ex hibs player?

GordonR
22-09-2009, 12:28 PM
I think the clue is in the word Recently :wink:

"He revealed: "Recently, I took a call from a well-known gangster. He was looking for a guy who had f****d him about, probably over payment for drugs.
"That guy just happened to be a Scotland internationalist"

Oops.

Ah well, in that case, history must be repeating itself. There was definitely one well-known (but very talented) Hibs player back then who moved to "one of the big Glasgow clubs" (shall we politely say) and was supposed to be on pocket money wages there when his new club had to pay off some "colourful Glasgow business characters" (shall we also politely say) to prevent him getting malkied over unpaid gambling debts.

lapsedhibee
22-09-2009, 12:31 PM
He was asked to do this earlier this year, the article reports. It also mentions 'current' internationalist.

:confused: Where? :dunno:

He recently took a call. Doesn't say anything anywhere in the article about how recently the player was a 'star' or international.

Peevemor
22-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Oops.

Ah well, in that case, history must be repeating itself. There was definitely one well-known (but very talented) Hibs player back then who moved to "one of the big Glasgow clubs" (shall we politely say) and was supposed to be on pocket money wages there when his new club had to pay off some "colourful Glasgow business characters" (shall we also politely say) to prevent him getting malkied over unpaid gambling debts.

... it could also be that hibs themselves had previously bailed him out.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-09-2009, 12:37 PM

I think the use of the word "current" and "recent" depend on the context. If they are taken from the (ahem) historical account in his (ahem) memoirs then they need to be taken in the context of the time no?

No intention of reading the thing so dont really care.

In the interests of clarity my posts about who it could be based on criteria if its legally contentious then admins please remove.

Baw187
22-09-2009, 12:39 PM

He recently took a call. Doesn't say anything anywhere in the article about how recently the player was a 'star' or international.

Fair enough... must have just been my interpetation.

iwasthere1972
22-09-2009, 12:39 PM

The article says

That guy just happened to be a Scotland internationalist.

I would read that as being current otherwise it would have (or should have) said ex-Scotland internationalist.

But who knows.

Gus
22-09-2009, 12:46 PM

:top marks

Toaods
22-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Not that I suggest turning a blind eye to such stuff, but to me there's a lot of possible problems can arise from either someone in the know trying to direct the topic or alternatively, someone who has no idea just joining in for the sake of it with some made-up ideas of those involved.

It's not a bunch of Lithuanian dafties we're talking about here, this is heavy stuff and police will be monitoring all sorts of forums - so IMHO posters should consider very carefully what they post, stirring or not.

any problems

Give me a ring

Donald Findlay

666-1690

:cool2:

H18sry
22-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Yet again I have a post removed for no known reason :confused: I never named any names that could have brought any bother to the site, so why was it deleted?

I could see the point if I was shouting names from the roof tops, but I didn't :grr:

Big Frank
22-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Not that I suggest turning a blind eye to such stuff, but to me there's a lot of possible problems can arise from either someone in the know trying to direct the topic or alternatively, someone who has no idea just joining in for the sake of it with some made-up ideas of those involved.

It's not a bunch of Lithuanian dafties we're talking about here, this is heavy stuff and police will be monitoring all sorts of forums - so IMHO posters should consider very carefully what they post, stirring or not.

any problems

Give me a ring

Donald Findlay

666-1690

:cool2:

:faf::faf::faf:

Perspective
22-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Maybe its the fact that there is a demand for these types of books, films and stories as there are many hundreds of thousands up and down the UK that can relate to it as opposed to 'giving respect'. Where there's demand there will be supply.

What exactly can they relate to?

Surely people don't get nostalgic for the violence.

Baw187
22-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Yet again I have a post removed for no known reason :confused: I never named any names that could have brought any bother to the site, so why was it deleted?

I could see the point if I was shouting names from the roof tops, but I didn't :grr:

To be fair, your description narrowed it down a fair bit - to like one person !!

I think it's probably best removed for everyone's sake.

H18sry
22-09-2009, 01:08 PM
To be fair, your description narrowed it down a fair bit - to like one person !!

I think it's probably best removed for everyone's sake.

In your opinion :wink:

Baw187
22-09-2009, 01:11 PM
In your opinion :wink:

Indeed !

And also Mr Marrinello's, and he's the boss. :greengrin

Hibercelona
22-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Indeed !

And also Mr Marrinello's, and he's the boss. :greengrin

I'm not saying any more...

Don't want to end up like Sideshow Bob in your avatar. :cool2:

PaulSmith
22-09-2009, 01:28 PM
What exactly can they relate to?

Surely people don't get nostalgic for the violence.

The culture, the stories of groups of mates going away to Hibs games. places that you recognise and frequented, names that you know or people that you've met along the way

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2009, 01:38 PM
The culture, the stories of groups of mates going away to Hibs games. places that you recognise and frequented, names that you know or people that you've met along the way

Has it not all been done to death? It seems to me its just the same stuff over again told by someone else. Will there be anything new we will gain from this book, that we wont already know from the others?:confused:

Bristolhibby
22-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Anyone want to PM me who the Scotland internationalist is?

Wont post it. Promise, just interested.

Cheers

J

timebomb
22-09-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm guessing it's a load of horse minure put into the book to sensationalise the othewise pathetic story of a bloke getting his jollies going out fighting on a Saturday. With this comment he gets people talking & speculating about his book and gets more publicity.....................a bit like Jordans 'claim' to have been raped by a celebrity which imo is also a pish PR stunt.

PaulSmith
22-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Has it not all been done to death? It seems to me its just the same stuff over again told by someone else. Will there be anything new we will gain from this book, that we wont already know from the others?:confused:

Probably not BH but I think that if anyone was going to capture the culture of being part of this paticular group then he's the best author.

hibbybob
22-09-2009, 02:25 PM
I think the clue is in the report where AB uses the word "recently" so you can rule out Andy Goram. AB would be on first name terms with the majority of Hibs players from the last 20 years, including the recent and current generation.

Excuse my lack of knowledge about this guy but how / why would he be so close to the players. I would have thought that they would avoid characters such as him as his past history was no secret!

Cropley10
22-09-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm guessing it's a load of horse minure put into the book to sensationalise the othewise pathetic story of a bloke getting his jollies going out fighting on a Saturday. With this comment he gets people talking & speculating about his book and gets more publicity.....................a bit like Jordans 'claim' to have been raped by a celebrity which imo is also a pish PR stunt.

Actually I believe the Jordan thing to be correct...nothing to do with PR. The person involved, may or may not, have 'previous'.

Toaods
22-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Actually I believe the Jordan thing to be correct...nothing to do with PR. The person involved, may or may not, have 'previous'.

nope - you can state categorically that the person involved will or will not have previous....:wink:

timebomb
22-09-2009, 03:35 PM

I think we could all hazard a guess at who 'is in the frame' (someone who has never been found gulity of a any alleged crimes so is 100% innocent) but it stikes me that if you were the victim of such a horrific crime then telling the world about it in an OK magazine (or whatever one it was) would be the last place you would think to admit it. And why mention it now if she doesn't want to take it any further?

AK86
22-09-2009, 03:37 PM
So what we can gather so far from this book is.......
"we were gonna dae a scottish internationals heid in,but we didnae. and im no gonna tell you who it was"
"i've had wild nights oot wi loads of fitba players, and seen them taking coke, but im no telling you who they are"
"we were gonna dae wallet mercer in , but we didnny bother"
"we were gonna fire bomb a passenger train, causing danger to maybe hunners, but it didnny happen":blah:
"we threw a petrol bomb in the middle of princes st.Women and children were screaming" WTF?:grr:
Think i will maybe give this a miss

MUSSI LEE
22-09-2009, 03:42 PM
"we were gonna dae a scottish internationals heid in,but we didnae. and im no gonna tell you who it was"
"i've had wild nights oot wi loads of fitba players, and seen them taking coke, but im no telling you who they are"
"we were gonna fire bomb a passenger train, causing danger to maybe hunners, but it didnny happen":blah:
"we threw a petrol bomb in the middle of princes st.Women and children were screaming" WTF?:grr:
Think i will maybe give this a missthats your opinion :blah:

Ritchie
22-09-2009, 03:55 PM
have you seen the cover of the book????

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51GuYaWuXNL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

iwasthere1972
22-09-2009, 04:00 PM

I was going to order one but didn't as I wasn't sure what their policy would be regarding refunds. Do they "knock" on your door. :greengrin

AK86
22-09-2009, 04:04 PM
thats your opinion :blah:
yes it is. I feel quite strongly that women and bairns shouldnt get caught up in petrol bomb attacks. :duck:
Call me old fashioned...........:yawn:

lapsedhibee
22-09-2009, 04:25 PM
yes it is. I feel quite strongly that women and bairns shouldnt get caught up in petrol bomb attacks. :duck:
Call me old fashioned...........:yawn:

If that's old fashioned, how far out of date does it make those of us who aren't even keen on men getting caught up in petrol bomb attacks? :dunno:

Keith_M
22-09-2009, 04:30 PM
If that's old fashioned, how far out of date does it make those of us who aren't even keen on men getting caught up in petrol bomb attacks? :dunno:

It's PC gone mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink:

GordonR
22-09-2009, 04:30 PM

Classy. :bitchy:

MUSSI LEE
22-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Call me old fashioned...........:yawn:aye my mum was in c@a at the time she paid for my bus home :wink:

_hucks_
22-09-2009, 04:37 PM
thats your opinion :blah:

Same with most things on this site: opinions. If you disagree, why not counterpose it with your opinion, and state what you don't like about his? Pointless post (in my opinion!).

silverhibee
22-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Anyone want to PM me who the Scotland internationalist is?

Wont post it. Promise, just interested.

Cheers

J

Do you work for the weedgie press.:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
22-09-2009, 05:51 PM

:agree: I'd go with that. All books need a selling point - especially ones like this that have already been done.

Keith_M
22-09-2009, 06:00 PM
TBH, there are so many books of a similar nature he must be desperate to stand out as different, hence the 'hitman' story.

Surely when you've read one of these books, you've read them all.

I can't be bothered reading this so maybe somebody can confirm for me. Does he state that in the majority of matches there was actually very little in the way of aggro, as they were too well policed? I suppose it doesn't make for a good read... "went to Paisley, LSD never turned up", "hanging around waiting for CSF, they should be arriving any day now...". If not, it's not very accurate.

Big Frank
22-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Classy. :bitchy:

One of them I'd probably refer to as a classy guy.:agree:

Responsible for helping orphans dontcha know:cool2:

Never judge a book by its cover.

tamig
27-09-2009, 06:55 AM
Some story in the Daily Record today regarding Andy Blance, who gained infamy as part of the Hibs gang the Capital City Service, or CCS.

He has a book out in which he tells how he turned into a fully-fledged criminal.

Wonder who the international player was.

Full story below.

"A SCOTTISH football star faced death threats over a £300,000 debt to a notorious crime godfather.
Soccer thug Andy Blance yesterday revealed he was asked to "do in" the international player by a drug kingpin.
But he refused because the player was a pal. Blance, jailed for five years for smashing an axe through the head of a rival, had been asked to call in the debt earlier this year.
But the Hibs-supporting hooligan says it would have been "madness" to try to attack the star player he had known for years.
Blance, 42, gained infamy as part of the violent Hibs gang the Capital City Service, or CCS. In a new book, he tells how he turned into a fully-fledged criminal.
He revealed: "Recently, I took a call from a well-known gangster. He was looking for a guy who had f****d him about, probably over payment for drugs.
"That guy just happened to be a Scotland internationalist.
"For obvious reasons, I can't name him, or even the clubs he has played for, but I hope he managed to make his peace with the gangster, who is not someone you would want to mess with."
He added: "I was asked if I could 'call-in' the debt. Obviously, we all know what that means. The player was facing a severe doing or even worse. But I refused point blank.
"Obviously, there are others out there who won't hesitate to use violence against a Scotland player if they are paid enough. It should be a major worry for the player.
"I will never say who this player is. The secret is safe with me."
Blance reveals all about his criminal past, terrace thuggery and jail terms in Hibs Boy: The Life And Violent Times Of Scotland's Most Notorious Football Hooligan.
His gang became a criminal organisation, running protection, security and shoplifting rings. And he got five years in jail in 1991 for the axe attack on a pub bouncer in Dunfermline, Fife.
In the book, Blance says: "Some players had more destructive and expensive tastes. I am not just talking here about Hibs players - I have enjoyed nights out with players from a range of Scottish clubs.
"For these guys fame and fortune and the adulation of football fans isn't enough. I am talking here about cocaine."
"Itmust havewreaked havoc with their bodies. But there was a more dangerous side-effect - the people it brought them into contact with."
Harm
Blance also claims his gang plotted against the late Hearts chairman Wallace Mercer after he tried to take over Hibs in 1989.
He said: "I am not saying we would have killed him but we had contingency plans to do him serious harm. I better just leave it at that."
He is now a friend of Trainspotting author Irvine Welsh, who writes the forward for the book.
Last night, Blance said of his thug life: "That is all in the past now. I have three sons and try to stay on the straight and narrow. I'm not proud of what I did."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/09/22/exclusive-gangster-asked-me-to-do-in-scotland-footballer-reveals-notorious-hibs-hooligan-86908-21691661/

I've just read the book and this is a bit of a twist on what's actually in the book. Andy doesn't say anywhere in the book he was asked to "do in" this individual. The gangster simply asked him for his phone no.

Have we not seen the ****** doing stuff like this before?

I enjoyed the book fwiw and it has a lot of non-football related stuff in it which makes it quite a bit different from so many others in the genre.

judas
27-09-2009, 07:21 AM
i really don't think that sort of speculation is either useful or fair. Probably best to keep your thoughts to yourselves?

last night, blance said of his thug life: "that is all in the past now. I have three sons and try to stay on the straight and narrow. I'm not proud of what i did." aye so i will just write a book about it...........:duck:

blance is a horses hoof !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

judas
27-09-2009, 07:38 AM
I can exclusively reveal that the facts of this story have been changed to prevent implicating those who were responsible for offering blance the money - hibs.net members!

The player was in fact Colin Murdoch (aka Murder). Several thousand fans offered to pitch in £1 and approached the infamous gaylord and casual, blance, to ensure Murder would be - how do i say it - 'out of action for a while'.

The plan fell through.

Sorry but this casual phish really gets my goat.

Dashing Bob S
27-09-2009, 08:36 AM
1. Ex-hoolie writes memoirs largeing it up to make a few bob.
2. Hack journo ghost-writing it spices it up even more for same reasons.
3. Timewarp Scottish newspaper sensationalises it. On behalf of the television industry that controls the game, it infers that 'hooliganism' is a threat to their wonderful family product. (It hasn't been for twenty years. Now teenagers are blowing each other away with semi-automatic handguns to control cocaine dealing.)
4. People who profess to hate violence, casuals etc etc buy into all this garbage and get their jollies and moral high ground fix by showing us how stridently they can condemn.

sleeping giant
27-09-2009, 09:36 AM
I wish we could rid Hibs.net of all of this p1sh.

Big grown men with fat bellies trying to pretend they are still a force:faf:

sleeping giant
27-09-2009, 09:38 AM
3. Timewarp Scottish newspaper sensationalises it. On behalf of the television industry that controls the game, it infers that 'hooliganism' is a threat to their wonderful family product. (It hasn't been for twenty years. Now teenagers are blowing each other away with semi-automatic handguns to control cocaine dealing.)
4. People who profess to hate violence, casuals etc etc buy into all this garbage and get their jollies and moral high ground fix by showing us how stridently they can condemn.

Aye Bob:rolleyes: Folk are taking the high Ground over petrol bombing the public.
Good grief what next.
How the **** can you justify your acceptance of this shower ?

Hibby70
27-09-2009, 09:42 AM
This thread is confusing.

Is Jordan claiming date rape or is Jordan the internationalist that Blance was asked to kneecap?

Either way I'm waiting on 80s Casuals Top Trumps coming out to settle this.

MrSmith
27-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Think i will maybe give this a miss

What has this got to do with football hooliganism? absolutely outrageous!

I agree - will give it a miss.

sleeping giant
27-09-2009, 09:49 AM
What has this got to do with football hooliganism? absolutely outrages!

I agree - will give it a miss.

The fat Hibs "men" threw a petrol bomb at the fat Aberdeen "men" on Princes St on a busy Saturday .

But its ok though , just boys being boys:agree:

Ask Bob !!

flash
27-09-2009, 10:00 AM

Well you did write the foreword so we wouldn't expect you to have a go.

judas
27-09-2009, 11:49 AM
I wish we could rid Hibs.net of all of this p1sh.

Big grown men with fat bellies trying to pretend they are still a force:faf:

MUSSI LEE
27-09-2009, 12:24 PM
good book :agree:

bigwheel
27-09-2009, 01:01 PM
This thread is confusing.

Is Jordan claiming date rape or is Jordan the internationalist that Blance was asked to kneecap?

Either way I'm waiting on 80s Casuals Top Trumps coming out to settle this.

:greengrin:greengrin ha, made me laugh out loud!

Fantic
27-09-2009, 08:24 PM

So DBS is IW ??

Gmack7
27-09-2009, 08:53 PM

the guy on the bottom left as you look at the cover is shall we say to fat to do anything and the rest look like cardboard cut outs

richard_pitts
27-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Just a thought, but could this prize half-wit not have his royalties seized under the Proceeds of Crime Act? :confused: He seems to be essentially profiting from his crimes which is what said Act was implemented to stop :wink: Might also stop all the others trying to write books. :bitchy:

H18Y GW
27-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Just a thought, but could this prize half-wit not have his royalties seized under the Proceeds of Crime Act? :confused: He seems to be essentially profiting from his crimes which is what said Act was implemented to stop :wink: Might also stop all the others trying to write books. :bitchy:

Im guessing there will be no admission of anything other than what he has been "done" with,what crimes will this be????????

Why do people with no intrest always show an intrest in threads like this.:blah::blah::dummytit:

sleeping giant
27-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Im guessing there will be no admission of anything other than what he has been "done" with,what crimes will this be????????

Why do people with no intrest always show an intrest in threads like this.:blah::blah::dummytit:

Some folk dont like the fact that its getting advertised on here !

H18Y GW
27-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Some folk dont like the fact that its getting advertised on here !

It hardly needs advertised though mate ,and by keeping the thread going they are doing it all the more.

Whats amusing though is all the personal insults being flung at him,i thought it was not the way on here,he is usually fairly easy to spot at the games ,why rather than typing it...They could just pop over and tell him.:wink:

sauzee
the guy on the bottom left as you look at the cover is shall we say to fat to do anything and the rest look like cardboard cut outs

the one you describe as being to fat to do anything,shall we say ! can be found every home game,in a bar in albion road,you should maybe pop in and put your point across to him,he's very approachable,there's no need to get personal :bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

richard_pitts

No interest? This person claims to have made going to football safer for the likes of me so by his own admission i have an interest :faf: He is trying to profit from what he has been "done" with and that is enough.

The reality is that a lot of people stopped going to football because of their antics and stopped taking their kids, and Scottish football certainly suffered as a result, no matter how he or anyone else might try and gloss over it.

sleeping giant
27-09-2009, 09:35 PM
It hardly needs advertised though mate ,and by keeping the thread going they are doing it all the more.

Whats amusing though is all the personal insults being flung at him,i thought it was not the way on here,he is usually fairly easy to spot at the games ,why rather than typing it...They could just pop over and tell him.:wink:

True, they could !

Me , i'm off before i get a doing :agree::duck:

H18Y GW
27-09-2009, 09:38 PM
No interest? This person claims to have made going to football safer for the likes of me so by his own admission i have an interest :faf: He is trying to profit from what he has been "done" with and that is enough.

The reality is that a lot of people stopped going to football because of their antics and stopped taking their kids, and Scottish football certainly suffered as a result, no matter how he or anyone else might try and gloss over it.

Says you......Im only asking you a simple question here....Do you go to Ibrox.

Have you went from 15 or 16 year old,is it better now than it used to be,cops are still tossers,but not much else happens.........Maybe the Rangers fans are good guys now,they were impeccable in Manchester i recall.

Its not down to Andy Blanche and the "boys",but pull your head out the sand for a bit.

Or maybe you dont go.:blah:

PaulSmith
27-09-2009, 09:40 PM

P1sh as crowds rocketed from around 1986 onwards.

I'm not on to say that casuals made anything safer as that would be ludicrous but their actions did cause/force clubs and the authorities to look as how fans were treated and how they watched the game. As a direct consequence of the casual era we got all seated stadia and family only sections. Maybe you'd still like the 70's style stadia, yeah what a place ER was to take you kids then!

I've been going to Hibs games home and away for well over 25 years and the number of actual fights I've saw involving groups of casuals can be counted on less than 10 fingers.

H18Y GW
27-09-2009, 09:46 PM

I'm not on to say that casuals made anything safer as that would be ludicrous but their actions did cause/force clubs and the authorities to look as how fans were treated and how they watched the game. As a direct consequence of the casual era we got all seated stadia and family only sections. Maybe you'd still like the 70's style stadia, yeah what a place ER was to take you kids then!

I've been going to Hibs games home and away for well over 25 years and the number of actual fights I've saw involving groups of casuals can be counted on less than 10 fingers.

Im really surprised we have any fans in the 18 - 25 category with all those parents not going,in fact im amazed.:faf:

Dashing Bob S
28-09-2009, 07:39 AM

?

Dashing Bob S
28-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Aye Bob:rolleyes: Folk are taking the high Ground over petrol bombing the public.
Good grief what next.
How the **** can you justify your acceptance of this shower ?

Not justifying it at all. I think that anybody over 23 indulging in hooliganism at football is irredeemably sad.

I just think that there are bigger social issues in the world and that we've duped by the media into caring about this nonsense a lot more than we should.

Danderhall Hibs
28-09-2009, 07:43 AM
?

I think you've probably worked it out but in case you haven't - he thinks you're Irvine Welsh.

Dashing Bob S
28-09-2009, 08:35 AM
I think you've probably worked it out but in case you haven't - he thinks you're Irvine Welsh.

Strange. Is this anything to do with the recent thread on the Bounce, where they tried to decide which poster is Mr Welsh?

The last time I saw Irvne Welsh at ER he was wearing a purple fleece. No offence meant to the real IW, but I would never be dressed as shabbily.

Suburban Hibby
28-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Strange. Is this anything to do with the recent thread on the Bounce, where they tried to decide which poster is Mr Welsh?

The last time I saw Irvne Welsh at ER he was wearing a purple fleece. No offence meant to the real IW, but I would never be dressed as shabbily.

Quality response, sheer quality.

WindyMiller
28-09-2009, 08:54 AM

Danderhall Hibs
28-09-2009, 09:28 AM

:tee hee:

MrSmith
28-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Not justifying it at all. I think that anybody over 23 indulging in hooliganism at football is irredeemably sad.

I just think that there are bigger social issues in the world and that we've duped by the media into caring about this nonsense a lot more than we should.

This is very true! we have been socially deconstructed and less educated...

New Corrie
28-09-2009, 09:49 AM
Well i've bought Andy's book and the Derek Dykes book, and while I like to think of myself as a good egg, you can rest assured, that if I had been a hard/brave phecker I would have done the same. Years of liberty taking came to an end, I know a lot of these guys and I have to say, I have a bit of respect for them. I know it doesn't sit well with the high n mighty internet football community, but it was great seeing all these opposing fans getting what they deserved!

HibsNibs
28-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Years of liberty taking came to an end

IMHO it's a shame the liberty taking is making a bit of a return - try walking down ER from London Road in Hibs colours when the huns visit to see what I mean.

skipster7
28-09-2009, 06:00 PM
good book :agree:
only for the mentally challenged, in my opinion of course,

dont tell me what happens in the end in case i buy it !!!!:dizzy:

skipster7
28-09-2009, 06:09 PM

:dizzy: as someone stated in another post it is now safer to fly since 9/11 so well done to AL QUEDA:bye:

Pedantic_Hibee
28-09-2009, 07:46 PM
I am Irvine Welsh. Or at least, I'm Welsh.

Gmack7
28-09-2009, 08:04 PM
the one you describe as being to fat to do anything,shall we say ! can be found every home game,in a bar in albion road,you should maybe pop in and put your point across to him,he's very approachable,there's no need to get personal :bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:
relax ive mentioned it before and no doubt will again

matty_f
28-09-2009, 08:07 PM

We got all seater stadium after Hillsborough, which had nothing to do with casuals.

Football fans get treated like absolute dirt by the police, I'd say that was more a direct result of casuals than how 'safe' it now is to go to games.

richard_pitts
28-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Says you......Im only asking you a simple question here....Do you go to Ibrox.

Have you went from 15 or 16 year old,is it better now than it used to be,cops are still tossers,but not much else happens.........Maybe the Rangers fans are good guys now,they were impeccable in Manchester i recall.

Its not down to Andy Blanche and the "boys",but pull your head out the sand for a bit.

Or maybe you dont go.:blah:

:yawn: I stopped going after a policeman told me to "... off back to edinburgh ya feninan *********" when I complained about stuff happening. Can't see much different about Ibrox than before so to answer your question, no. :blah:

PaulSmith
28-09-2009, 08:37 PM
We got all seater stadium after Hillsborough, which had nothing to do with casuals.

Football fans get treated like absolute dirt by the police, I'd say that was more a direct result of casuals than how 'safe' it now is to go to games.

IMO not correct. Hillsborough was the, dare I say excuse?, that the then Govt. wanted to sanitise football and force clubs by law to introduce seated stadia.

We could have a difference of opinion all night on the subject, the fact is that casuals played a huge part in modern football and the late 20th and early 21st century UK.

If it weren't 'casuals' fighting at games over the last 25 years with each other it would've been just plain old football fans fighting with each other with guys with green tops and scarfs fighting other teams with different coloured scarfs and tops.

matty_f
28-09-2009, 08:59 PM
IMO not correct. Hillsborough was the, dare I say excuse?, that the then Govt. wanted to sanitise football and force clubs by law to introduce seated stadia.

We could have a difference of opinion all night on the subject, the fact is that casuals played a huge part in modern football and the late 20th and early 21st century UK.

If it weren't 'casuals' fighting at games over the last 25 years with each other it would've been just plain old football fans fighting with each other with guys with green tops and scarfs fighting other teams with different coloured scarfs and tops.

I'll agree to disagree then :aok:

AK86
28-09-2009, 09:06 PM

I think it was more the polis who upped the stakes, forcing the hoolies to travel incognito and away from the majority of supporters.
I have had a few frosty receptions while in other towns/cities (socially) and tell folk im a hibby. The response being " oh i got a kicking from you boys..........."
as for making it safer, it didnt feel like that when the Well fans were raining bricks on us at the station because the casuals were there too

HIBERNIALEITH
28-09-2009, 09:40 PM
:yawn: I stopped going after a policeman told me to "... off back to edinburgh ya feninan *********" when I complained about stuff happening. Can't see much different about Ibrox than before so to answer your question, no. :blah:

I can relate to what happened to you as I had the same response! BTW I'm female, I think it's just Strathclydes "finest" that are ****s! Always have been, always will be! Wouldn't stop me going though!!

GGTTH:thumbsup:

Pete
29-09-2009, 12:00 AM
To be honest there are a lot worse people in the world than this guy who have written books about their antics. It's the real gangsters who heap misery on whole communities who we should be condemning for profiting from their crimes...but the weegie press seem to idolise them and present them to us as some sort of heroic figures. Never mind the fact they are millions of pounds richer because they are downright evil.

Like it or not british football violence is a culture that intrigues many...and not just from these shores...so tales from the past are going to be interesting as a cultural reference point if nothing else.

H18Y GW
29-09-2009, 06:31 AM

Oh diddums,you complained about "stuff" happening,imagine that at Ibrox,if we all done that there would be no one there.

So if im reading this right,you never went when you were 15 and you dont go now.

Thought as much:blah:

PS.......:yawn: that at the start of your post says it all,i think i hit a nerve.:agree:

Ask HIBERNIALEITH to watch you,and go in 3 weeks time.:faf:

Steve-O
29-09-2009, 06:43 AM

My dad starting taking me to games in the 80's, probably from about 1984 onwards and the only violence I remember seeing at any Hibs games was -

1) Hibs fans fighting polis in the East Terrace, very same game that Andy Goram was attacked on the field

2) Motherwell casuals fighting polis during a Scottish Cup tie at ER that I think we won 2-0

And, erm, that's about it to be honest!

I was at a few away games back in those days too, mainly Tynecastle but I also recall trips to Fir Park, Broomfield, Brockville and other such sh**eholes, but I don't remember ever seeing widespread bother anywhere.

H18Y GW
29-09-2009, 07:10 AM
My dad starting taking me to games in the 80's, probably from about 1984 onwards and the only violence I remember seeing at any Hibs games was -

1) Hibs fans fighting polis in the East Terrace, very same game that Andy Goram was attacked on the field

2) Motherwell casuals fighting polis during a Scottish Cup tie at ER that I think we won 2-0

And, erm, that's about it to be honest!

I was at a few away games back in those days too, mainly Tynecastle but I also recall trips to Fir Park, Broomfield, Brockville and other such sh**eholes, but I don't remember ever seeing widespread bother anywhere.

Exactly,in your 27 years you aint seen much at all,ever wondered why :wink:and all these places your dad has taken you as a youngster(and i was the same)you never mentioned Ibrox,funnily enough i never went there as a child either.

Is that coincidence,i wouldnt think so,until maybe the last 20 years i would harbour a guess that not a lot of kids went to Ibrox.

So again back to your post,there maybe a reason you never seen any bother.:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
29-09-2009, 07:25 AM
To be honest there are a lot worse people in the world than this guy who have written books about their antics. It's the real gangsters who heap misery on whole communities who we should be condemning for profiting from their crimes...but the weegie press seem to idolise them and present them to us as some sort of heroic figures. Never mind the fact they are millions of pounds richer because they are downright evil.

Like it or not british football violence is a culture that intrigues many...and not just from these shores...so tales from the past are going to be interesting as a cultural reference point if nothing else.

Couldn't agree more. There seems to be no end of sad creeps who go into journalism in Scotland. While they profess to be revolted by violence, their prose shows that they inn fact are titillated by it. Have these people ever stopped being 13 year old boys masturbating guiltily in their bedrooms?

Steve-O
29-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Exactly,in your 27 years you aint seen much at all,ever wondered why :wink:and all these places your dad has taken you as a youngster(and i was the same)you never mentioned Ibrox,funnily enough i never went there as a child either.

Is that coincidence,i wouldnt think so,until maybe the last 20 years i would harbour a guess that not a lot of kids went to Ibrox.

So again back to your post,there maybe a reason you never seen any bother.:thumbsup:

I think my first trip to Ibrox was in about 1992. It was Boxing Day, we got beat 2-0, and Gough scored in the first 2 minutes. I think Hateley scored the 2nd...if anyone else can remember then I could confirm :greengrin

Dr Jimmy
29-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Well i've bought Andy's book and the Derek Dykes book, and while I like to think of myself as a good egg, you can rest assured, that if I had been a hard/brave phecker I would have done the same. Years of liberty taking came to an end, I know a lot of these guys and I have to say, I have a bit of respect for them. I know it doesn't sit well with the high n mighty internet football community, but it was great seeing all these opposing fans getting what they deserved!

My feelings exactly and if we are honest, going to away games actually became safer because of them.

MrSmith
29-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Was talking about this t'other night with some buddies:

We recalled being at ibrox through some horrendous times...attacked by the hordes with golf balls, bricks, cudgels, knifes, swords, golf balls with nails through them; and a varying array of odd looking weapons and missiles.

There were times the only route out was to follow the casuals - we knew some of them - mostly because the police would give them an escort away from the ground. Still not good.

Recalled the time when some Rangers fan threw hot orange at us from above our area, pissed on us and something hit a wee boy and his dad a few seats away. The dad complained to the police, pointed out the offender, the officer arrested the dad and left the wee boy, he was about 5 or 6 on his own!! Luckily enough one of our lot knew the dad and the wee boy, so he took him home.

Been attacked outside of Ibrox, Parkhead & Airdrie. Was spat on by a lot of fans in Parkhead and called an orange *******!

I stopped going to these grounds not long after!

How many remember the CS gas bomb in ER? the Glasgow media blamed hibs casuals for this until the EEN ran the story on the Monday after about the Celtic fan and his dodgy connections...

Life and times of being a Hibs fan home and away....

lEXO
29-09-2009, 05:27 PM

We recalled being at ibrox through some horrendous times...attacked by the hordes with golf balls, bricks, cudgels, knifes, swords, golf balls with nails through them; and a varying array of odd looking weapons and missiles.

There were times the only route out was to follow the casuals - we knew some of them - mostly because the police would give them an escort away from the ground. Still not good.

Recalled the time when some Rangers fan threw hot orange at us from above our area, pissed on us and something hit a wee boy and his dad a few seats away. The dad complained to the police, pointed out the offender, the officer arrested the dad and left the wee boy, he was about 5 or 6 on his own!! Luckily enough one of our lot knew the dad and the wee boy, so he took him home.

Been attacked outside of Ibrox, Parkhead & Airdrie. Was spat on by a lot of fans in Parkhead and called an orange *******!

How many remember the CS gas bomb in ER? the Glasgow media blamed hibs casuals for this until the EEN ran the story on the Monday after about the Celtic fan and his dodgy connections...

Top post on this by the length of easter road.

heretoday
29-09-2009, 06:15 PM
My feelings exactly and if we are honest, going to away games actually became safer because of them.

Safer for you perhaps.

Brizo
29-09-2009, 07:31 PM
The cashies werent / arent the Robin Hoods in Trimm Trabs some folk make out but on the other hand they werent that much different from the Hibbies in oxford bags and scarves tied to wrists who went boxing home and away throughout the 70s when the matchday experience was a whole lot scarier than in any subsequent decade.

There were a lot of reasons why trouble decreased in the 80s and 90s .... segregation, seating , increased policing and use of intel , increased pricing attracting a more middle class audience , more women and kids attending. Imho they were more important factors than the casuals in making going to the game a much safer proposition in those decades.

What the casual thing did was make wearing colours to a game a signal to most but not all opposition fans that you were a non combatant and not interested in going boxing. In the 70s wearing a scarf to Aberdeen or Motherwell could get you into trouble. In the 80s not wearing a scarf to Aberdeen or Motherwell could get you into trouble.

majorhibs
30-09-2009, 06:03 PM
The cashies werent / arent the Robin Hoods in Trimm Trabs some folk make out but on the other hand they werent that much different from the Hibbies in oxford bags and scarves tied to wrists who went boxing home and away throughout the 70s when the matchday experience was a whole lot scarier than in any subsequent decade.

There were a lot of reasons why trouble decreased in the 80s and 90s .... segregation, seating , increased policing and use of intel , increased pricing attracting a more middle class audience , more women and kids attending. Imho they were more important factors than the casuals in making going to the game a much safer proposition in those decades.

What the casual thing did was make wearing colours to a game a signal to most but not all opposition fans that you were a non combatant and not interested in going boxing. In the 70s wearing a scarf to Aberdeen or Motherwell could get you into trouble. In the 80s not wearing a scarf to Aberdeen or Motherwell could get you into trouble.

Nail on head there. Going to games on the supporters buses as a schoolboy in the 70's, I reckon I could write 2 books on bother at football, having colours on in that decade was the done thing wether you were looking for bother or not, the casuals were basically just doing the same as I did in my youth but with a different image, the only difference between what they did and I did 10 years before was image, but the 70's threw up a few rough old moments, and the biggest difference I can recall between 70's/80's is in the 70's almost every event was conspicous by the total LACK of any police presence.

WHUHibs
01-10-2009, 06:57 AM
This idiot sits in West Upper towards the away end,,,often seen with cronies at away games,,,best mate is KT who gave him a shirt at the away end at the Dnipro game after we got humped...

Green_one
01-10-2009, 07:47 AM

I loath the casuals but the above is true. I get more annoyed reading the gutter press and their admiration of some small time West Coast Jakie who has done nothing positive in his entire life. Then we get to hear from some old bag who used to be married / go out with him. Facinating stuff - NOT. 'Man bites dog' would win Journalist of the Year in Scotland.

hibs1875aye
01-10-2009, 11:22 AM

Precisely. :top marks

And these are the ****bags some folk would be happy to see going abroad as the old firm further Scotlands' footballing interests across Europe? They are vermin and its due to all THIS that folk like me would love to see folk like THEM locked in Glasgow, forever.:agree:

judas
01-10-2009, 11:28 AM

And these are the ****bags some folk would be happy to see going abroad as the old firm further Scotlands' footballing interests across Europe? They are vermin and its due to all THIS that folk like me would love to see folk like THEM locked in Glasgow, forever.:agree:

I work in Glasgow.

They all support one half of the OF and I would not describe any of them as vermin.

There can only be two explanations for your outburst:

1. You have had a bad experience or three and are recalling these as you type. This has overcome your rational mind and resulted in a ridicluous sweeping statement.

2. You are a simpleton.

Peevemor
01-10-2009, 11:34 AM
I work in Glasgow.

They all support one half of the OF and I would not describe any of them as vermin.

1. You have had a bad experience or three and are recalling these as you type. This has overcome your rational mind and resulted in a ridicluous sweeping statement.

2. You are a simpleton.

Old women gobbing on you, policement deliberatley tripping you up when you're running to avoid a do-in, the sash, up the RA, watch yer car fo ye' mister, Manchester, tear gas, etc.

I know a few sound rantic fans too, I'm not a simpleton, but I'm comfortable with classing them collectively as vermin.

MrSmith
01-10-2009, 11:53 AM
I work in Glasgow.

2. You are a simpleton.

I also work in Glasgow and have to say that not all are Rangers or Celtic fans! Still a lot of Third Lanark and Clydebank sympathisers, Partick Thistle to name a few, but yes the vast majority are and for me it is the minority who are vermin however, perhaps if the majority did not vocally enhance the vermins persuasion then we may not need discuss this issue.

In my view, a lot of the trouble makers associated with the OF come from outside of Galsgow;

Wishaw
Motherwell
Hamilton
Airdrie
Bathgate
Larkhall being most notable for its blue lawns and single Celtic fan!!
Penicuik - The Red Hand of Ulster supporters bus!
and all the little enclaves on the road into Glasgow!

My other half is from Wishaw. the trouble caused by sectariansm there is unbelievable!! Orange marches marching specifically through catholic areas and one day - I was there - right through the local chapel and of course, later that day the local catholic bhoys went on a rampage! As a non religious person - humanist - it is completely embarrassing and not necessary!

The colours are hoisted high and it is all based on Rangers and Celtic!!

joe breezy
01-10-2009, 05:29 PM
No-one is vermin for supporting another football team and whilst I have just advocated gassing Rangers fans in taxis on another thread it was in jest

I work with Rangers and Celtic fans in London, they're just people who got taken to the game by their dads

marinello59
01-10-2009, 05:38 PM

The vermin term is one beloved of kickback to describe and dehumanise the entire Hibs support. Unacceptable when applied to us and equally unacceptable when applied to the support of another club, no matter who they are. All in my ever so humble opinion of course.

lEXO
01-10-2009, 07:26 PM
I work in Glasgow.

2. You are a simpleton.
Wow.arent you a smart arse.Did you go to many Hibs games away from home in the 70,s or early 80,s in glasgow.In fact up to now? Or are you just a simpleton yourself?To my mind you must be if you think that your workmates are the standard people you get attending Old Firm games as home supporters.:jamboak:

judas
01-10-2009, 07:27 PM
I know a few sound rantic fans too, I'm not a simpleton, but I'm comfortable with classing them collectively as vermin.

Then you are a simpleton and comfortable to be one.

judas
01-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Wow.arent you a smart arse.Did you go to many Hibs games away from home in the 70,s or early 80,s in glasgow.In fact up to now? Or are you just a simpleton yourself?To my mind you must be if you think that your workmates are the standard people you get attending Old Firm games as home supporters.:jamboak:

No I am sure the 70 avid rantic fans I know in Glasgow aren't typical home supporters. What I think I'll do is jump on the weegie bashing bandwagon and assume they must all be tosspots. :crazy:

judas
01-10-2009, 07:36 PM
I also work in Glasgow and have to say that not all are Rangers or Celtic fans! Still a lot of Third Lanark and Clydebank sympathisers, Partick Thistle to name a few, but yes the vast majority are and for me it is the minority who are vermin however, perhaps if the majority did not vocally enhance the vermins persuasion then we may not need discuss this issue.

In my view, a lot of the trouble makers associated with the OF come from outside of Galsgow;

Wishaw
Motherwell
Hamilton
Airdrie
Bathgate
Larkhall being most notable for its blue lawns and single Celtic fan!!
Penicuik - The Red Hand of Ulster supporters bus!
and all the little enclaves on the road into Glasgow!

My other half is from Wishaw. the trouble caused by sectariansm there is unbelievable!! Orange marches marching specifically through catholic areas and one day - I was there - right through the local chapel and of course, later that day the local catholic bhoys went on a rampage! As a non religious person - humanist - it is completely embarrassing and not necessary!

The colours are hoisted high and it is all based on Rangers and Celtic!!

Fair and reasonable point. One can never lump people form one place together tho.

Captain Trips
01-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Equally back in the 80s early 90s coming from Glasgow and saying I supported Hibs instantly brought the "your fans and casuals are mental". Thats lumping us together as a lot of us most of us are decent folk.

If you like it or not that stands for a huge amount of OF fans, 90% of my mates are OF fans and not vermin, good folk.

lEXO
01-10-2009, 07:47 PM
No I am sure the 70 avid rantic fans I know in Glasgow aren't typical home supporters. What I think I'll do is jump on the weegie bashing bandwagon and assume they must all be tosspots. :crazy:
Where did i say that? the original op did,nt say that either.Having been at away games for over 25 years and seen the **** we get in glasgow, i dont think it,s weegie bashing.It,s historically correct wether they come from glasgow, outskirts of glasgow, edinburgh,outskirts of edinburgh,northern ireland, etc. The facts are we get treated like **** full stop.Feel free to stick up for your west coast friends, but please spare us the simpleton insults if you dont like it back.
Do you get the irony in your posts?You talk about not bashing the weegies, but call Hibbies, simpletons and use the crazy sign.Judas by name Judas by nature me thinks

Captain Trips
01-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Where did i say that? the original op did,nt say that either.Having been at away games for over 25 years and seen the **** we get in glasgow, i dont think it,s weegie bashing.It,s historically correct wether they come from glasgow, outskirts of glasgow, edinburgh,outskirts of edinburgh,northern ireland, etc. The facts are we get treated like **** full stop.Feel free to stick up for your west coast friends, but please spare us the simpleton insults if you dont like it back.
Do you get the irony in your posts?You talk about not bashing the weegies, but call Hibbies, simpletons and use the crazy sign.Judas by name Judas by nature me thinks

The OF fans I know will tell you the same thing about visting ER over the years, many hate it and think much like some on here do about going to Glasgow.

lEXO
01-10-2009, 08:07 PM
The OF fans I know will tell you the same thing about visting ER over the years, many hate it and think much like some on here do about going to Glasgow.
That,s fair do,s.But you,ve got their opinion, we,ve got our experience.The op i replied to has,nt given his experiences.His simpleton comments and crazy signs are easy to do(as well as insulting to Hibs fans) without giving a view,apart from defending his work mates.Given that calling someone a fenian or orange whatever at work is pretty unusual, or a sacking offence now.I would,nt base my work experiences as gospel on any football fans really.

Killiehibbie
01-10-2009, 08:15 PM
No-one is vermin for supporting another football team and whilst I have just advocated gassing Rangers fans in taxis on another thread it was in jest

I work with Rangers and Celtic fans in London, they're just people who got taken to the game by their dads

So if their dad molested their sister would that make it ok for them to molest their daughter?

Captain Trips
01-10-2009, 08:15 PM
That,s fair do,s.But you,ve got their opinion, we,ve got our experience.The op i replied to has,nt given his experiences.His simpleton comments and crazy signs are easy to do(as well as insulting to Hibs fans) without giving a view,apart from defending his work mates.Given that calling someone a fenian or orange whatever at work is pretty unusual, or a sacking offence now.I would,nt base my work experiences as gospel on any football fans really.

Thats an experience for some I know also not only an opinion, same goes for Tynie they felt it was as bad.

judas
01-10-2009, 08:24 PM

I am calling peevmor a simpleton, based on the drivel I am hearing from him. I am not calling Hibs fans simpletons.

'course if you can't make your point effectively, you can always go for the predictable route and imply that I am not loyal or 'real Hibby.

Speedway
01-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Ultimately I think, that the casuals probably caused more trouble for the police than the average fan.

lEXO
01-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Thats an experience for some I know also not only an opinion, same goes for Tynie they felt it was as bad.
Ok i take your point.I dont see that side of it as a home fan, as i go to the pub and dont come into much contact with of supporters at ER.Judas made the point of not weedgie bashing but came on and called a Hibbie a simpleton etc.What is your view on this?I,m just wondering if you get the irony in this, because he obviously does,nt.

judas
01-10-2009, 08:32 PM

Very true. I remember after the Hibs Rangers game 3-4 (the Duffy era) walking up ER dissapointed and I saw an old guy about 60 was walking steadily down ER with his head down.

A guy in his 30's about twice the height and weight of the old guy went up to him and punched him hard for no reason. I was sickened by it. It was pure oportunistic violence.

People are people.

lEXO
01-10-2009, 08:39 PM
I am calling peevmor a simpleton, based on the drivel I am hearing from him. I am not calling Hibs fans simpletons.

'course if you can't make your point effectively, you can always go for the predictable route and imply that I am not loyal or 'real Hibby.
If you cant make your point effectively you use the word simpleton.The op gave his experience of hassle he,d had in the west.Much the same as a lot of other people have had.Good on you if your glasgow mates aren,t bigots, but that does,nt mean that their mates arent.Can,t remember him weegie bashing either just giving his experience.Does,nt make him any more or less a Hibby, or simpleton than you.Is this predictable enough for you.

Captain Trips
01-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Ok i take your point.I dont see that side of it as a home fan, as i go to the pub and dont come into much contact with of supporters at ER.Judas made the point of not weedgie bashing but came on and called a Hibbie a simpleton etc.What is your view on this?I,m just wondering if you get the irony in this, because he obviously does,nt.

Dont see the Irony at all, he thinks "a" Hibs fan is a simpleton, I think some Hibs fans are not even as good as simpletons. BTW i am not agreeing that the hibbie mentioned is a simpleton.

joe breezy
01-10-2009, 08:50 PM
I've sung anti Glasgow songs and come out with anti Glasgow comments but people who really believe the stereotypes are short sighted.

Yes Hibs fans have been treated bad there, their police are a joke and there is a big knife culture but I know a lot of good people who support Celtic and even Rangers albeit they are a bit deluded when it comes to football. Of course the Jags fans are better stock in my opinion.

On the cazshie front the books are often fairly similar. The people most shocked or most outspoken aren't comparing what preceded the casuals rather what came after. To see the big picture you have to look at the football fan culture of the late 70s and early 80s in my opinion.

lEXO
01-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Dont see the Irony at all, he thinks "a" Hibs fan is a simpleton, I think some Hibs fans are not even as good as simpletons. BTW i am not agreeing that the hibbie mentioned is a simpleton.
The irony in not jumping on the weegie bashing bandwagon, then jumping on the simpleton bandwagon.No need in my opinion

Captain Trips
01-10-2009, 09:01 PM
The irony in not jumping on the weegie bashing bandwagon, then jumping on the simpleton bandwagon.No need in my opinion

I dont think there is a bandwagon tbh, he has called a Hibbie a simpleton thats his choice, thats having a go at 1 person whom he has had contact with to form that view.

Peevemor
01-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Then you are a simpleton and comfortable to be one.

Who the **** do you think you are to make that statement?

I googled "vermin + dictionary". Here is the definition of vermin given in the first result.

n. pl. vermin 1. Various small animals or insects, such as rats or cockroaches, that are destructive, annoying, or injurious to health.
2. Animals that prey on game, such as foxes or weasels.
3. a. A person considered loathsome or highly offensive.b. Such people considered as a group.

As I said, I too know a few sound Rangers and Celtic fans, but taken collectively I find 3b to be pretty accurate.

Anyone trying to start a pro IRA song among the home support at Easter Road will quickly be shouted down by his fellow Hibs supporters - does this happen at Parkhead? Do Rangers still play pseudo flute band music before matches at Ibrox?

The fact is the old firm have flourished on the back of bigotry and even though there is probably a large proportion of 'decent' fans among their support, their silence and continued attendance serves as an endorsement of what's going on.

If you can't see that, then you're the one who has problems with comprehension.

Fantic
01-10-2009, 10:09 PM
We hate Gorgie and Glasgow.

End of story.

Andy Bee
01-10-2009, 10:18 PM

Lol, the irony is that every contributor to this thread has kept bumpng it up to the main page, hence giving more limelight to the halfwits book, shame on the the lot of you :agree:

Captain Trips
01-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Lol, the irony is that every contributor to this thread has kept bumpng it up to the main page, hence giving more limelight to the halfwits book, shame on the the lot of you :agree:

And you then for helping the bump :greengrin

joe breezy
02-10-2009, 07:10 AM
We hate Gorgie and Glasgow.

End of story.

What about Hibs fans from Gorgie and Glasgow?

judas
02-10-2009, 07:08 PM

With respect, you are losing your way and beginning to drone.

judas
02-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Who the **** do you think you are to make that statement?

I googled "vermin + dictionary". Here is the definition of vermin given in the first result.

As I said, I too know a few sound Rangers and Celtic fans, but taken collectively I find 3b to be pretty accurate.

Anyone trying to start a pro IRA song among the home support at Easter Road will quickly be shouted down by his fellow Hibs supporters - does this happen at Parkhead? Do Rangers still play pseudo flute band music before matches at Ibrox?

The fact is the old firm have flourished on the back of bigotry and even though there is probably a large proportion of 'decent' fans among their support, their silence and continued attendance serves as an endorsement of what's going on.

If you can't see that, then you're the one who has problems with comprehension.

Ha ah he ha ha ! He posted a dictionary definition for vermin. Now that is funny.

:faf:

NAE NOOKIE
02-10-2009, 08:21 PM
It was all a long time ago and for what its worth I think that the press would love to see the old footie violence back on the agenda.

That sort of stuff makes for increased circulation and gives the press the chance to take the moral high ground without even blushing at the fact that they love it really and in a way even perpetuate it.

What football violence really did was give the likes of Thatcher the chance to put the boot into what was at that time still a mainly working class activity that she couldn't for the life of her understand.

As a result of the changes to football that she for the most part caused it became acceptable for the middle classes, especially in England, to say they liked football without their peers taking the pee.

The net outcome being that it became cool for the big money men, who previously couldnt have cared less about the game, to buy football clubs instead of private islands and why sky will pay billions to the EPL when before it would have been millions.

Thats also why it costs £1000 for a Chelsea season ticket instead of £300. Because the middle classes can afford that sort of cash, and as long as they are prepared pay the game will milk them for all they are worth.

But ..... If the middle classes current love affair with the game ever dies there will be a lot of clubs with 75,000 and 60,000 seat stadiums who are going to look very stupid when they are playing in front of 20 - 30,000 every week.

MSK
02-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Ha ah he ha ha ! He posted a dictionary definition for vermin. Now that is funny.

:faf:Maybe time to gie it a rest eh ..

Darth Hibbie
02-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Having lived in the west for most of my life it would be fair to say I know a few OF fans. The vast majority of them are decent folks that I am pleased to call friends. The one observation I would make is that they are hones hard working people that cannot get tickets for matches for love nor money, whereas the unemployed "buckie brigade" all seem to have season tickets :wtf: is that all about and until that changes the OF will always be the same.

As a kid through the 80's I never missed games home or away and the only real trouble I can remember is the CS incident at ER. MAybe because we were not traveling with the majority of the support we missed a lot :dunno:

If you cant make your point effectively you use the word simpleton.The op gave his experience of hassle he,d had in the west.Much the same as a lot of other people have had.Good on you if your glasgow mates aren,t bigots, but that does,nt mean that their mates arent.Can,t remember him weegie bashing either just giving his experience.Does,nt make him any more or less a Hibby, or simpleton than you.Is this predictable enough for you.

Does not mean they are either.

The vermin term is one beloved of kickback to describe and dehumanise the entire Hibs support. Unacceptable when applied to us and equally unacceptable when applied to the support of another club, no matter who they are. All in my ever so humble opinion of course.

Peevemor
02-10-2009, 11:43 PM

You read my post then took almost a full day to come up with that response. Well done.

judas
03-10-2009, 08:19 AM

Vermin is the sixth studio album by Norwegian black metal band Old Man's Child, released on October 14, 2005

Luna_Asylum
03-10-2009, 08:56 AM
I like Danny Vermin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c_awug8EeA

Pedantic_Hibee
03-10-2009, 12:06 PM
http://www.brice-taton.com/lagression/index-en.html

This.

Close the thread and be done with it.

lEXO
03-10-2009, 12:12 PM
With respect, you are losing your way and beginning to drone.
And you call other people simpletons.You really are a pain in the a**e.Judas by name, bawbag by nature.:jamboak:

Keith_M
03-10-2009, 12:19 PM
A thread that started to discuss a book that glamorises violence has now deteriorated intoa slagging match.

Maybe removing the thread would be the best thing....

hibsdaft
03-10-2009, 12:44 PM
http://www.brice-taton.com/lagression/index-en.html

thanks for posting that. terrible story.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-10-2009, 01:38 PM
thanks for posting that. terrible story.

Might make a few folk think twice about glorifying it or defending it :agree: