PDA

View Full Version : Latest from hibs.net: Patience, Expectations and Realism......

DaveF
22-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Richey White on the Front page this morning -

http://www.hibs.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=797&Itemid=1

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cropley10
22-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Another very good read.

Looking at the highlights on TV last night, if it wasn't for the cross bar coming to our rescue we'd have gone behind in the 5th straight league game...

Watching the warm up on Saturday I was struck by how low-key and aimless it seemed. The Saints by contrast were well organised and very busy. I think this showed once the game started, we were second to everything and couldn't keep the ball and got penned in our own half.

If Yogi needs to fix anything qucikly it's these slow starts. We have an inexperienced and make shift defence, but I think the midfield could do a lot more in this department.

Keith_M
22-09-2009, 11:10 AM
I enjoyed the article as well, as it sums up the situation quite nicely.

If your expectations are that Hibs won't lose the occasional game against the 'so-called' lesser lights, a la Hamilton, you're going to be sorely dissapointed. I expect we'll have a decent enough idea of how things are going after playing everybody else home and away.

The one dissapointment I have is that the support don't seem to be as 'up for it' as they'd like the players to be. I've been surprised by the relatively low crowds and the poor atmosphere at games so far.

I'm not sure what the solution is but maybe it's time for another debate on a 'singing section'...........

mjhibby
22-09-2009, 11:19 AM
As the article says yogi is still finding out about players and formations,murray was suspended for the first three games zemmamma and benji have been missing for weeks,hogg has been off form etc.Mcleish had the luxury of a season in the 1st division to fine tune and was in charge for 18 months before we made an impact.I expect ups and owns until january but expect arfield and a ch to sign in january and expect us to motor on from there.Id be glad to be in contention for 3rd 4th place in january.None of the teams around look like they will pull away so we need to keep picking up points and hopefully performances will improve.
Tonights game in very important as we seem to do well in it and is an important revenue stream for yogi if he wants more players in.One game at a time and all that.Same finishing but a few less scares at the back please. :thumbsup:

Peevemor
22-09-2009, 11:23 AM
As the article says yogi is still finding out about players and formations,murray was suspended for the first three games zemmamma and benji have been missing for weeks,hogg has been off form etc.Mcleish had the luxury of a season in the 1st division to fine tune and was in charge for 18 months before we made an impact.I expect ups and owns until january but expect arfield and a ch to sign in january and expect us to motor on from there.Id be glad to be in contention for 3rd 4th place in january.None of the teams around look like they will pull away so we need to keep picking up points and hopefully performances will improve.
Tonights game in very important as we seem to do well in it and is an important revenue stream for yogi if he wants more players in.One game at a time and all that.Same finishing but a few less scares at the back please. :thumbsup:

McLeish also had the luxury of bringing in new players throughout the season - almost on a monthly basis at times.

Jonnyboy
22-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Great stuff from Richey. :thumbsup:

DaveF
22-09-2009, 07:48 PM
bump - worth a read folks :agree:

Andy74
22-09-2009, 07:59 PM
bump - worth a read folks :agree:

This isn't about expectations too early though, this is some other reason fr being so flat.

Manager, players, both, who knows, the attempts at goal for both sides over the last few games has been awful. Against teams not far removed from div 1.