PDA

View Full Version : Team For The Cup

Speedway
21-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Yogi's already hinted that there's no Cregg and Hogg tomorrow and that he won't be looking to change much.

So I'll suggested that only Rankin will be changed and we'll go with:

Stackabetterthanmaka

McCormack
Murray
Bamba
Hanlon

McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Wotherspoon
Stokes
Riordan

What do you think?

gstarbry1875
21-09-2009, 12:34 PM
We definitely have to keep the defence the same so that they can build up a better understanding of playing together.

Judas Iscariot
21-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I'd prefer 4-4-2 tomorrow..

Same players but different line up..

Stack

McCormack
Bamba
Murray(c)
Hanlon

Wotherspoon
Miller
McBride
Galbraith

Ant
Deek

Keep it a simple 4 in midfield with McBride holding and Miller pushing..

Galbraith and Spoony have the pace to get up and down the wing..

Stokes and Deek seem to have built up a good understanding but it's not as effective when they are playing in a front 3..

4-4-2..

Nice and simple :agree:

RIP
21-09-2009, 01:11 PM
I can't see Yogi benching Rankin after what he has said recently about too many flair players. He will want to start even tighter than Saturday with McBride deeper and Rankin/Miller protecting the flanks. We will probably be doubling up on their wingers.

Benji Zouma and Galbraith on from the last half-hour to run at em

I think Benji will be adding to his tally tomorrow night

Think we will concede the first goal but not lose

Speedway
21-09-2009, 01:29 PM
I can't see Yogi benching Rankin after what he has said recently about too many flair players. He will want to start even tighter than Saturday with McBride deeper and Rankin/Miller protecting the flanks. We will probably be doubling up on their wingers.

Benji Zouma and Galbraith on from the last half-hour to run at em

I think Benji will be adding to his tally tomorrow night

Think we will concede the first goal but not lose

Rankin did his thigh on Saturday which is why he was subbed and is a doubt for tomorrow, hence the change.

fife hfc
21-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Well if Rankin is out I'd swap Galbraith as suggested and go with a 4-4-2 with Wotherspoon and Galbraith as the wide players (exactly whats suggested above).

Baw187
21-09-2009, 01:36 PM

Stack

McCormack
Bamba
Murray(c)
Hanlon

Wotherspoon
Miller
McBride
Galbraith

Ant
Deek

Stokes and Deek seem to have built up a good understanding but it's not as effective when they are playing in a front 3..

4-4-2..

Well if Rankin is out I'd swap Galbraith as suggested and go with a 4-4-2 with Wotherspoon and Galbraith as the wide players (exactly whats suggested above).

:agree: Absolutely.

matty_f
21-09-2009, 02:59 PM

Stack

McCormack
Bamba
Murray(c)
Hanlon

Wotherspoon
Miller
McBride
Galbraith

Ant
Deek

4-4-2..

I'd be happy with that line-up, to be honest.

Wouldn't be upset at Zemmama coming into the side either, though to have him available as a plan b is excellent.

I imagine we'll see more of the same from St Johnstone, hopefully the team will have gotten a bit of a fright from Saturday and go all guns blazing from the word go tomorrow.

500miles
21-09-2009, 03:50 PM
.....................Stack
McCormack.Bamba.Murray.Hanlon
...................McBride
..Wotherspoon..Miller..Galbraith
.............Stokes......Riordan

It's time for Galbraith to get his chance. We lack that extra bit of pace at times IMO, and he has it in abundance. Wotherspoon, Miller and Galbraith can all run at players too and that should free up a bit of space for Stokes and Riordan.

Wotherspiniesta
21-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Maka

McCormack Bamba Murray Hanlon

Wotherspoon Mcbride Miller Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

ancient hibee
21-09-2009, 04:02 PM
If we play the same defence we will be out.There is surely no way St.J.can miss so many chances again.

I Love Lamp
21-09-2009, 04:14 PM
If we play the same defence we will be out.There is surely no way St.J.can miss so many chances again.

You wouldn't think so but they have missed absolute sitters against Motherwell, Hearts, St Mirren and now Hibs.

If they get relegated it won't be for an inability to make chances but an inability to take them.

Baw187
21-09-2009, 04:18 PM

In terms of the centre half pairing, I disagree. Murray and Bamba looked fairly solid despite the obvious marking deficiencies in the first part of the game. I'll put that down to a number of things including being the first time they played together at CB and the fact that the fullbacks had poor games meaning IM & SB where at sixes and sevens trying to cover wide positions. The fullbacks will learn, and this would be my first choice defence going forward.

The whole team, including midifeld, contributed to the amount of chances St Johnston had and I'm hopeful that this will be rectified.

ancient hibee
21-09-2009, 04:20 PM
In terms of the centre half pairing, I disagree. Murray and Bamba looked fairly solid despite the obvious marking deficiencies in the first part of the game. I'll put that down to a number of things including being the first time they played together at CB and the fact that the fullbacks had poor games meaning IM & SB where at sixes and sevens trying to cover wide positions. The fullbacks will learn, and this would be my first choice defence going forward.

The whole team, including midifeld, contributed to the amount of chances St Johnston had and I'm hopeful that this will be rectified.

We'll see-fingers crossed.

hibsboy90
21-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Can see Yogi putting Benji and Zemmama in the line up tomorrow, since the sun will have set by the time of the match, and they will have had a chance to get some food and energy in.

Baw187
21-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Can see Yogi putting Benji and Zemmama in the line up tomorrow, since the sun will have set by the time of the match, and they will have had a chance to get some food and energy in.

The sun will have been down for all of 45 minutes... hardly time to scoff a chicken dinner and let it settle before running about a football park !!

Have you ever polished off a meal and played football within 2 hours of doing so?? Trust me, it's not good !

Wotherspiniesta
21-09-2009, 04:47 PM

Ramadan finished on Saturday, so their eating patterns will be back to normal. I'd like to see them on for the last half an hour though :agree:

Franck is God
21-09-2009, 04:52 PM
my team for tomorrow night would be

Maka

McCormack----Hogg----Bamba----Murray

McBride
Cregg---------Miller

Zemmama-------------------Galbraith
Stokes

i think its hard luck on Hanlon but i think Hogg offers a voice at the back and hopefully will regain his form by playing.

i want to see Zemmama start a game with Wotherspoon coming on for him if he tires, Benji on for Stokes after 60 and Riordan can come on from the bench if needed, Galbraith made a big difference when he came on at the weekend and don't think it would be a bad thing if Deek felt his place in the team was up for grabs if his form dips.

With everyone fit we have a really strong squad so there will always be good options from the bench.

ancient hibee
21-09-2009, 05:26 PM
The fact that anyone thinks that Riordan and Galbraith are contesting a place shows how wrongly the team is set up.On Saturday Stokes was isolated while Riordan was played far too wide.When he finally got infield he scored-it is crazy to play your best goal scorer away from the action.

007 Mickey Weir
21-09-2009, 07:04 PM

Stack

McCormack
Bamba
Murray(c)
Hanlon

Wotherspoon
Miller
McBride
Galbraith

Ant
Deek

4-4-2..

Have to agree with the team above!! Tighten up on Saturday's marking, with Galbraith offering more wide left.
Defence needs more games playing together for stability.

MrRobot
21-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Yogi's already hinted that there's no Cregg and Hogg tomorrow and that he won't be looking to change much.

So I'll suggested that only Rankin will be changed and we'll go with:

Stackabetterthanmaka

McCormack
Murray
Bamba
Hanlon

McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Wotherspoon
Stokes
Riordan