PDA

View Full Version : NHC Peat again

Lucius Apuleius
21-09-2009, 05:21 AM
Now, the manager does not exactly instill confidence in me but give me a vote as to who to sack and I know which idiot would be out...

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Peat-awaits-proof-Burley-has.5663625.jp

--------
21-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Now, the manager does not exactly instill confidence in me but give me a vote as to who to sack and I know which idiot would be out...

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Peat-awaits-proof-Burley-has.5663625.jp

I consider Peat to be a most unattractive individual and you'll get no argument from me regarding his unfitness for his position.

However, I have been told by someone whose information I would trust 100% that the vote on Burley's future wasn't unanimous as reported.

(Really? I am surprised. :devil: )

The meeting was very much a polycell-anaglypta-and-camouflage-the-crumbling-gyproc exercise. (Papering over the cracks. :devil: )

I have also been told that there is a very strong likelihood that Mr B is getting up to the same misdemeanors he was getting up to at Ipswich... and Derby... and Tynie... Which is what's really undermining his hold on team discipline.

If this is so, Burley either needs to sort himself out pronto or go.

Which seems about as likely as him solving the Israeli-Palestinian problem, ending the war in Afghanistan, and discovering the Lost City of Atlantis, all by Christmas.

Lucius Apuleius
21-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Totally agree about Burley Dod, I do not for one second think he is the man for the Scotland job (would like Ferguson back personally) but I do think Peat is a total nonentity who should be nowhere near the corridors of power at the SFA.

--------
21-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Totally agree about Burley Dod, I do not for one second think he is the man for the Scotland job (would like Ferguson back personally) but I do think Peat is a total nonentity who should be nowhere near the corridors of power at the SFA.

I think it was Aidan Smith in SoS recently commenting on the way Fabio Capello has restored respect for the England manager's position - he's "Mr Capello" to everyone, including the press.

It's hard to see GB getting that sort of regard, partly because we have such a dreadful sporting press in Scotland, partly because no Scotland manager will get respect unless he has a strong connection with the OF (and then he'll only get it from one half of them), partly because he just doesn't have either the presence or the reputation.

Just after Mowbray came to ER I was speaking to a lad from Ipswich and the fact that I came from Edinburgh came up. He commented that the Edinburgh teams had 'kidnapped' the entire Ipswich management team between them. Which team did I support? he asked. Hibs, I said. Oh, he says, then you got the sober one.

That said, I totally agree about Peat. I can only assume he owes his high office to something like the odd way he wears his left trouser-leg during his social evenings? or something similar? :devil: