PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Fancy This Midfield ?

Sammy7nil
21-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Miller Zemamma Bamba and Murray

If we had a commanding CH I would like to give that a try I know it is not possible with our current defensive probs but looks good to me

It would be tough on Wotherspoon but his time will come

Disco Dave
21-09-2009, 12:29 AM
Makalamby

Hogg Bamba Murray

Wotherspoon Hanlon

McBride

Miller Zemmama

Stokes Riordan
:top marks

Sammy7nil
21-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Not Bad dave

think we ar 2 players away from GREAT squad

MoantheCabbage
21-09-2009, 07:44 AM
After his performance on Sat it confirmed Murray should be our main centre half however Bamba should be put back to midfield so my team would be

Stack

McCann
Hogg
Murray
Hanlon

Zemmama
Miller
Bamba
Mcbride
Riordan

Stokes

Tricla
21-09-2009, 07:47 AM
After his performance on Sat it confirmed Murray should be our main centre half however Bamba should be put back to midfield so my team would be

Stack

McCann
Hogg
Murray
Hanlon

Zemmama
Miller
Bamba
Mcbride
Riordan

Stokes

Bamba can't pass so leave him in defence and keep the midfield for people who can pass it like Cregg, McBride, Miller etc etc

MoantheCabbage
21-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Bamba was our best player last year and stood out in midfield, hence the reviews he was getting plus the interest in signing him. He is to eratic in defence for me

Judas Iscariot
21-09-2009, 08:17 AM
A simple 4-4-2 for me..

Stack

McCann/McCormack Bamba Murray Hanlon

Wotherspoon McBride Miller Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

SUBS

Maka
Hogg
Stevenson
Cregg
Zemamma
Benji
Byrne

micksoo
21-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Bamba was our best player last year and stood out in midfield, hence the reviews he was getting plus the interest in signing him. He is to eratic in defence for me

:agree:

Hibercelona
21-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Bamba can't pass so leave him in defence and keep the midfield for people who can pass it like Cregg, McBride, Miller etc etc

Don't think his passing is that bad tbh.

At least he doesnt loft it like Hogg.

Andy74
21-09-2009, 10:41 AM

If we had a commanding CH I would like to give that a try I know it is not possible with our current defensive probs but looks good to me

At this time I wouldn't be in favour of playing the two best centre halfs at the club in midfield.

Hank Schrader
21-09-2009, 11:02 AM
At this time I wouldn't be in favour of playing the two best centre halfs at the club in midfield.

:top marks

I don't see the point in moving them to midfield, especially after their good performances at the back on Saturday. I like Murray in centre midfield I must admit, some of his best form since his return to the club has been in that position. However Bamba doesn't impress me in the middle of the park, much prefer him as a centre half.

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2009, 11:12 AM

Yogi is trying to build a team, and all good teams are built from the back, have a solid back 4, and build on that. I agree our best 2 central defenders are Murray and Bamba, keep them where they are, and then address the rest of the team accordingly. Mind you , Bamba will be away in january with the ivory coast, and probably sold next summer, so it looks like a temporary pairing anyway.:wink:

Green Mikey
21-09-2009, 11:41 AM
A simple 4-4-2 for me..

Stack

Stokes Riordan

SUBS

Maka
Hogg
Stevenson
Cregg
Zemamma
Benji
Byrne

Good team. I would maybe have Rankin in for Galbraith, due to the latter not having played that much so far this year. However, Galbraith looks good as an impact player.

I would have Cregg in for McBride. McBride doesn't add enough going forward or in terms of creativity. Why can't we have two central midfields instead of a centreal midfielfer and a defensice midfielder?

PISTOL1875
21-09-2009, 11:46 AM

Stack

McCann
Hogg
Murray
Hanlon

Zemmama
Miller
Bamba
Mcbride
Riordan

Stokes

That's probably the best team we can put out... Bamba is far more effective in midfield............

PISTOL1875
21-09-2009, 11:49 AM

:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

Love the Green
21-09-2009, 11:51 AM

NO... 2 early to put miller in as he has not done anything YET......

"keep the faith":wink:

Ritchie
21-09-2009, 11:54 AM
A simple 4-4-2 for me..

Stack

Stokes Riordan

SUBS

Maka
Hogg
Stevenson
Cregg
Zemamma
Benji
Byrne

that would be my team. :agree:

id possibly swap mcbride and zemmama now and again though.

Cropley10
21-09-2009, 12:18 PM
A simple 4-4-2 for me..

Stack

Stokes Riordan

SUBS

Maka
Hogg
Stevenson
Cregg
Zemamma
Benji
Byrne

Completely :agree:

Big Nishy represent a good option from the bench, perhaps ahead of Byrne...

Sammy7nil
21-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy74

I don't see the point in moving them to midfield, especially after their good performances at the back on Saturday. I like Murray in centre midfield I must admit, some of his best form since his return to the club has been in that position. However Bamba doesn't impress me in the middle of the park, much prefer him as a centre half.

I did say it would not be possible at this time due to personnel in the opening post.

However how well did Bamaba and Murray play on Saturday ?
Individually fine. I would say however our defence including Stack were all over the shop we gave up 7 or 8 good chances at home to a definate bottom 6 side. If they had scored 3 or 4 we could not have complained.
Jury still out on that defence and they must improve.

rennie_hfc
22-09-2009, 01:52 AM

Stack

McCann
Hogg
Murray
Hanlon

Zemmama
Miller
Bamba
Mcbride
Riordan

Stokes

:agree: