PDA

View Full Version : Full credit to Plymouth Argyle away supporters

iwasthere1972
20-09-2009, 11:14 PM
2,000 of them made the 800 mile round journey to Newcastle yesterday.

Now that's what I call a support especially when you consider that before the Newcastle game they had only managed two points from 7 games. Unfortunately their trip back home must have seemed like an eternity as Newcastle beat them 3-1 and they are rooted to the bottom of the table.

Thought it was worth a mention.

Green Army, Green Army. Even the advert is quite good. :greengrin

The Mook
20-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Have to say that is a good showing from the Argyle :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
21-09-2009, 08:00 AM
Maybe those Paul Whitehouse insurance adverts have had an unexpected effect?

New Corrie
21-09-2009, 08:42 AM

Now that's what I call a support especially when you consider that before the Newcastle game they had only managed two points from 7 games. Unfortunately their trip back home must have seemed like an eternity as Newcastle beat them 3-1 and they are rooted to the bottom of the table.

That is impressive, I was at the Stadium of Light a while back on a Tuesday night when Plymouth were the visitors. There must have been 800 of them there which I thought was remarkable I was expecting there to be about 20 of them........Green Army!

Wakeyhibee
21-09-2009, 02:26 PM

Saw a few on the way up at York. Decent support and must of set off at stupid o'clock to get on the same train as us (9:00 from York).

******** toon army caused the buffet car to close on the way to Darlington/Durham (something smashed/broken) so couldn't get any drink or food after 9pm on the way back :grr: Staff wouldn't even serve my laddie a bar of chocolate probably thought the 'e' numbers might send him loopy I suppose :grr:

iwasthere1972
21-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Saw a few on the way up at York. Decent support and must of set off at stupid o'clock to get on the same train as us (9:00 from York).

******** toon army caused the buffet car to close on the way to Darlington/Durham (something smashed/broken) so couldn't get any drink or food after 9pm on the way back :grr: Staff wouldn't even serve my laddie a bar of chocolate probably thought the 'e' numbers might send him loopy I suppose :grr:

Don't know what time they set off from Plymouth by train but the football highlights show on Saturday night that followed the "Green Army" to Newcastle said they left Plymouth by coach at about 3.00am. That's what I call dedication. :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
21-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Don't know what time they set off from Plymouth by train but the football highlights show on Saturday night that followed the "Green Army" to Newcastle said they left Plymouth by coach at about 3.00am. That's what I call dedication. :agree:

One of the fans interviewed (briefly) said he loves going along coz there is singing all throughout the game.
Get a good atmosphere going, and fans will go back :agree:

PISTOL1875
21-09-2009, 02:58 PM

That is dedication.. We think it's bad going to Inverness and having to leave at 9am as well....

Thetallytoor
21-09-2009, 03:37 PM
The advert for the Plymouth fans has just been on and when he says that "we could have bought big Van Nostrilboy"....... different class.:faf:

Future17
21-09-2009, 04:47 PM

That's a long old poke innit? :greengrin

monktonharp
22-09-2009, 12:37 AM
Don't know what time they set off from Plymouth by train but the football highlights show on Saturday night that followed the "Green Army" to Newcastle said they left Plymouth by coach at about 3.00am. That's what I call dedication. :agree: that is dedication! on a side note, my eldest son ,who lives in Wales was watching my wee grandson at his first footy training last week.the guy training the boys says to my son,great to see him wearing green and white cos all the others wear manu or liverpool strips round here but I have trouble getting our boy to wear my team's colours ,Plymouth Argyle.my son has arranged to hand a couple of decent green and white strips in :devil: