PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Capitals

Billy
20-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Are they in with a chance of silverware this season?

I know they are only 2 matches in but to win the 1st game 9-2 away from home and then come back from 3-1 down to level against the league leaders is terrific.

Other sides have 5 matches under their belt so are more or less gelled and up to speed with the game. The Caps look to have made some very good signing's and also now look to have (imho) a never say die attitude.

Shame about Doug and wish him all the best in what will no doubt be a long road to recovery.

Thoughts?

PC Stamp
20-09-2009, 10:56 PM

I know they are only 2 matches in but to win the 1st game 9-2 away from home and then come back from 3-1 down to level against the league leaders is terrific.

Other sides have 5 matches under their belt so are more or less gelled and up to speed with the game. The Caps look to have made some very good signing's and also now look to have (imho) a never say die attitude.

Shame about Doug and wish him all the best in what will no doubt be a long road to recovery.

Thoughts?

No chance. The better players will likely up sticks and disappear as is usually the case when the big boys see how decent they are and offer twice as much money! A bit like the SPL with Rangers & Celtic really.
The Caps will then spend the second half of the season scrabbling about looking for half decent replacements just to try to make the playoffs. Oh wait, they'll make the playoffs automatically this season because of the now Mickey Mouse nature of an 8 team league!

The_Todd
24-09-2009, 05:09 PM

Thoughts?

Never say never, and I think the Caps are starting off from a better place than last year. The club has a whole is more stable, and I don't see there being a mid-season scare of the club pulling out of the league this time around.

The end of last season was a top stuff from Edinburgh (the 9-2 win over Newcastle towards the end being one of the obvious highlights - if we'd played like that through the whole season, we'd have finished higher up no doubt). Of course, the added bonus of finishing even one place higher in the league would have resulted in us avoiding Sheffield in the playoffs as well and would have given us a much better chance of reaching the playoff weekend.

I'm not syaing we'll win the league or playoffs or even reach the playoff weekend, but they'll put the effort in to trying and you can't ask much more than that!