steviehfc
20-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Now up to 9. :thumbsup:

lEXO
20-09-2009, 08:52 PM

JE89
20-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Not for me.

With a season ticket, three fixtures stand out as ones to get really excited about - Rangers, Celtic and Hearts. If Rangers and Celtic go to England, we'd have two (max) home games to get really excited for. As much as I hate them, they are Scottish and should remain in Scotland.

Hibercelona
20-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Not for me.

With a season ticket, three fixtures stand out as ones to get really excited about - Rangers, Celtic and Hearts. If Rangers and Celtic go to England, we'd have two (max) home games to get really excited for. As much as I hate them, they are Scottish and should remain in Scotland.

Perhaps other teams in the SPL would get the chance to become better opposition if the OF werent around to snarf all of there players?

marinello59
20-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Perhaps other teams in the SPL would get the chance to become better opposition if the OF werent around to snarf all of there players?

But surely they would still grab all the best Scottish players?

Hibercelona
20-09-2009, 09:08 PM

Do you honestly think they would still have there sights on SPL standard players when playing up against the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa.... etc?

marinello59
20-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Do you honestly think they would still have there sights on SPL standard players when playing up against the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa.... etc?

Wouldn't they still be looking to buy potential?:confused: The best of Scottish?:confused:
Or is your argument that they wouldn't bother trawling a second rate league for players to go up against the big boys?:devil:

surreyhibbie
20-09-2009, 09:10 PM

Exactly. They would still be physically sited in Scotland, and would still be able to nick players from other Scottish teams.

The only difference would be they wouldn't buy players to stop them playing against them, but if anything they would have even more money to cherry pick any outstanding Scottish players to come along.

Still hate the ****bags though and would like to see their verminous followers disappear from the area around Easter Road four times a year.

Hibercelona
20-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Exactly. They would still be physically sited in Scotland, and would still be able to nick players from other Scottish teams.

The only difference would be they wouldn't buy players to stop them playing against them, but if anything they would have even more money to cherry pick any outstanding Scottish players to come along.

Still hate the ****bags though and would like to see their verminous followers disappear from the area around Easter Road four times a year.

But surely its simply down to other SPL clubs just to say no to these manks? :confused:

surreyhibbie
20-09-2009, 09:16 PM
But surely its simply down to other SPL clubs just to say no to these manks? :confused:

they never have before.

JE89
20-09-2009, 09:19 PM

I think it would be the opposit. The SPL just got a new tv deal which is less than previously. With the OF gone, we would get far far less than what teams get now. How would other teams be able to improve?

Also Im sure people will argue that there would potentially be more supporters to attract - however the majority of the OF fans, wear the strips though have never been near Park Head or Ibrox, therefore they would still buy the strips and have more opportunities to see their team on the box.

And as somebody else has stated - just because they play in a different league does not mean they would stop poaching all the young Scottish talent.

SPL without the OF = a league similar to that of Lithuania etc, teams like Kaunas make the UEFA cup and get knocked out early. We have seen how Scottish clubs have been in europe this season and that would only get worse. :agree:

Hibercelona
20-09-2009, 09:19 PM
they never have before.

Then why do we all complain about it happening.... but don't do anything about it? :dunno:

I know we have no control over the decisions made at clubs.

But surely as fans of our clubs, we should be making a stand and not allow our clubs to do it? :dunno:

JE89
20-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Then why do we all complain about it happening.... but don't do anything about it? :dunno:

But surely as fans of our clubs, we should be making a stand and not allow our clubs to do it? :dunno:

You have contradicted yourself there. The first bit in bold is the correct part :agree:

marinello59

As always, money talks louder than any fan.

Hibercelona
I think it would be the opposit. The SPL just got a new tv deal which is less than previously. With the OF gone, we would get far far less than what teams get now. How would other teams be able to improve?

Also Im sure people will argue that there would potentially be more supporters to attract - however the majority of the OF fans, wear the strips though have never been near Park Head or Ibrox, therefore they would still buy the strips and have more opportunities to see their team on the box.

And as somebody else has stated - just because they play in a different league does not mean they would stop poaching all the young Scottish talent.

SPL without the OF = a league similar to that of Lithuania etc, teams like Kaunas make the UEFA cup and get knocked out early. We have seen how Scottish clubs have been in europe this season and that would only get worse. :agree:

We get knocked out of UEFA early anyway... so what difference would it really make? :dunno:

Maybe its just me... but I just hate these manks so much, that I would be willing to face any consequences as a fan if they were to leave.

Hibercelona
20-09-2009, 09:23 PM
You have contradicted yourself there. The first bit in bold is the correct part :agree:

But surely by making a stand... we could at least influence some of the choices the club makes?

surreyhibbie
20-09-2009, 09:24 PM

How can we stop our clubs doing whatever they want? they listen to the fans when it suits them, but if we all wrote to the 'tache man and said "do not sell any of our players to Rantic again" do you really think he would listen?

I don't fink so....

Prof. Shaggy
20-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Not for me.

Ditto. All the press interest, adulation, sycophancy, ignorance, tribal hatred, TV coverage and, most certainly, money in the game would simply follow the OF wherever it went. Scottish football would be further stripped of resources and end up a bit like the Welsh league.

And we would lose those precious precious moments when we put one over on them - one of things that make life worth it!

Hibercelona
How can we stop our clubs doing whatever they want? they listen to the fans when it suits them, but if we all wrote to the 'tache man and said "do not sell any of our players to Rantic again" do you really think he would listen?

I don't fink so....

Action speaks more than words.

Simply writing to the club is obviously not going to change anything.

JE89
We get knocked out of UEFA early anyway... so what difference would it really make? :dunno:

Maybe its just me... but I just hate these manks so much, that I would be willing to face any consequences as a fan if they were to leave.

Aye when we come third or fourth in the league. The league champion would make the UEFA and get knocked out early.

A lot of players wouldn't want to come to Scotland. I said we'd be like Lithuania but probably a better example would be Ireland. AKA a pretty shiote league. With the OF - fair enough, they are ****, but the league is a far better league with them here.

Hibercelona
20-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Aye when we come third or fourth in the league. The league champion would make the UEFA and get knocked out early.

A lot of players wouldn't want to come to Scotland. I said we'd be like Lithuania but probably a better example would be Ireland. AKA a pretty shiote league. With the OF - fair enough, they are ****, but the league is a far better league with them here.

Fair enough.

Just get sick of the sight of these bigotted, druken, soap dodging manks. :yawn:

hibbiedon
21-09-2009, 04:47 AM
Not for me.

Scottish ? is that the flags they fly, songs they sing, when we were in the first division and doing really well the ground was buzzing, how many teams would be challenging and bringing extra fans. The OF hold Scottish football back OF - GTF

JE89
21-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Scottish ? is that the flags they fly, songs they sing, when we were in the first division and doing really well the ground was buzzing, how many teams would be challenging and bringing extra fans. The OF hold Scottish football back OF - GTF

How many Scotland flags do you see at ER?

The first division was a nice change because we were winning everyweek, but no games were really that exciting. Much prefer to play the Likes of Rangers and Celtic than Raith Rovers or Ross County along with the rest of the SPL. No thanks

sadtom
21-09-2009, 01:08 PM
I hate to say it but if the o/f leave scotland then the game up here is donald ducked.

The recent setanta debacle has shown how important tv money is. How many broadcasters will be interested in covering scottish fitba without the o/f?

There will be a more level playing field and im sure the league will be more competative, bit like the sunday amateurs leagues. In a few years time winning the scottish league will barely get you into qualifiers for the Europa cup.

they shouldn't be allowed to leave anyway they (despite their best attempts to disguise it) are scottish clubs and they should remain in scotland.

This isn't a one way street though as the old firm are only the size they are because they play in scotland not in spite of the fact they play in scotland. Up here everything is geared towards them from the glory hunters from all over scotland particulary the central belt, the fawning media, be it tv, radio or written, combined with the undercurrent of sectarianism.

Ozyhibby
21-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Anyone who thinks that the old firm leaving Scottish football would be anything other than a disaster is economically illiterate.
On the other hand the whole of the SPL merging into a British set up would be a real boost for all the teams.

1two
21-09-2009, 01:52 PM
No thanks.

Without the OF we'd be similar to the irish league. The irish fans are more interested in English Football (or even scottish) than their local teams.

It would end up the same here meaning less money, poorer standard of football etc.

Mikey
21-09-2009, 01:57 PM
On the other hand the whole of the SPL merging into a British set up would be a real boost for all the teams.

Yep, a British league is the way to do it.