PDA

View Full Version : Craig Bellamy punches a fan

Winston Ingram
20-09-2009, 05:14 PM
http://img248.imagevenue.com/loc479/th_67117_untbbitled_122_479lo.jpg (http://img248.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=67117_untbbitled_122_479lo.jpg)

(not the biggest pick I know)

Love the Green
20-09-2009, 05:17 PM
http://img248.imagevenue.com/loc479/th_67117_untbbitled_122_479lo.jpg (http://img248.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=67117_untbbitled_122_479lo.jpg)

That evens up the city sub hit with a missile at half time.

"keep the faith":wink:

paxtonhibby
20-09-2009, 05:19 PM

I dont agree with you.................oh sorry,biggest pick,ah right!

tooley
20-09-2009, 05:35 PM

Dirty Manc Twat:duck:

iwasthere1972
20-09-2009, 05:45 PM

Shame the fan didn't do a Fairweather on Bellamy. :take that :take that :take that :hahaha:

Dashing Bob S
20-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Dirty Manc Twat:duck:

he's absolutely nothing at all to do with Manchester.

iwasthere1972
20-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Dirty Welsh Twat:duck:

Fixed. :agree:

Love the Green
20-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Shame the fan didn't do a Fairweather on Bellamy. :take that :take that :take that :hahaha:

Were you saying the same when the dogs fan had a go at deeks??

"keep the faith":wink:

ancient hibee
20-09-2009, 05:50 PM
S**t hits the fan.

JE89
20-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Bigger Picture (http://www.goal.com/en/news/article-image?id=56461)

steviehfc
20-09-2009, 05:57 PM
S**t hits the fan.:faf:

Hibercelona
20-09-2009, 06:01 PM
S**t hits the fan.

Nicely put. :greengrin

:******:

(((Fergus)))
20-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Bit off if the fan is already being restrained otherwise looks like a nice hit

HH81
20-09-2009, 06:49 PM
If you see it on tv doesnt look much of a punch but he should of hit him harder for me :greengrin

BryanV
20-09-2009, 06:50 PM
What a hero, punching someone who is being held
Assault, let's hope action is taken.

Phil D. Rolls
20-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Dog bites man?

hibsbollah
20-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Well done Craig:agree:
The perfect antidote to the modern, clean-cut media-trained footballer:top marks

Sumner
20-09-2009, 08:28 PM
self defence, Man-Ure fan (a Cockney probably) shouldn't be there.

southfieldshibby
20-09-2009, 08:39 PM
everything about this great. a stupid man gets punched by a twat and both of them will get punished. quality.

lapsedhibee
20-09-2009, 08:45 PM
everything about this great. a stupid man gets punched by a twat and both of them will get punished. quality.

Not sure if Ferdinand might not get a wee slap on the wrist as well, as he grabbed the scrote by the frote immediately afterwards (presumably just showing solidarity with the Cockney).

Onceinawhile
21-09-2009, 01:08 AM
Normally I would pile in to give Bellamy abuse, but to be honest, the tube shouldn't be there and deserves it.

Pete
21-09-2009, 01:18 AM
I think Rio Ferdinand should be punished for assaulting bellamy after the incident...what the **** did the incident have to do with him? Talk about acting the hard man...at least Bellamy delivers.

Grabbing a player by the throat is a red card offence.

GC
21-09-2009, 01:25 AM
I think Rio Ferdinand should be punished for assaulting bellamy after the incident...what the **** did the incident have to do with him? Talk about acting the hard man...at least Bellamy delivers.

Oh aye, Bellamy delivered alright, ran across the pitch to slap a guy that was nearer to 5 or 6 other players than they were to him whilst he was restrained, if he was going to do it then why not have a go when the guy can smack him back?

Don't get me wrong the guy is a fud for running on the pitch but Bellamy is just arse who wanted to act the big man, why the ***** did he even get involved?

Pete
21-09-2009, 01:34 AM
Oh aye, Bellamy delivered alright, ran across the pitch to slap a guy that was nearer to 5 or 6 other players than they were to him whilst he was restrained, if he was going to do it then why not have a go when the guy can smack him back?

Don't get me wrong the guy is a fud for running on the pitch but Bellamy is just arse who wanted to act the big man, why the ***** did he even get involved?

Bellamy is a volatile character at the best of times. He was asked to carry the whole City attack because players considered better than him were injured.
He scored two of the best goals he has ever scored in his life that that day...and he probably thought they were match defining goals.
He felt gutted, cheated, dejected and downright robbed at the final whistle and within seconds some twat invades the pitch trying to gloat.

I've followed his career since he was a teenager at Norwich and I know he probably would have hit that guy even if he was standing alone.

It doesn't matter if he was restrained or not he deserved a smack for invading the pitch. Well done Craig.

Hibs90
21-09-2009, 01:57 AM
Bellamy is a bawbag but he hardly punched him. He ran across the pitch, then simply pushed the guy in the face. Punch is too extreme. Although I agree he is an arse though.

goosano
21-09-2009, 02:08 AM
Bellamy is a bawbag but he hardly punched him. He ran across the pitch, then simply pushed the guy in the face. Punch is too extreme. Although I agree he is an arse though.

Push with a closed fist?!

Hibs90
21-09-2009, 02:46 AM

Did you see it on the TV?

PaulSmith
21-09-2009, 06:08 AM
Should've been a straight red for Bellamy for violent conduct, absolutely no need for him to go 15 yards towards a fan who is already being restrained.

RoYO!
21-09-2009, 08:02 AM

wasnt a closed fist, just looks it in the pic.

still shouldnt have done it mind.

Judas Iscariot
21-09-2009, 08:09 AM
Excellent work Craig..

That boy will have a long journey home to London or something wi a sair coopin..

:top marks

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2009, 08:27 AM
I cant believe Bellamy punched him, our players have their own ghosts to do such work.

Toaods
21-09-2009, 08:58 AM
I wouldn't call that a punch though it should have been - these clowns need a boot in the hee haws when held that might keep them off the park.

Doesn't our next tube cost us £25K ?

looked like Bellamy only reacted when the guy appeared to spit(?)at the steward holding his left arm. it looked like that's why Bellamy headed for the ref and was telling Ferdinand.

Ritchie
21-09-2009, 09:43 AM
is there any video clips of this on the net??:confused:

Jones28
21-09-2009, 10:41 AM

If you saw it on the telly you can see Bellamy grabs the guys face. wasnt a punch for certain :agree:

PISTOL1875
21-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Any clown who runs onto the park deserves anything he gets....

Si_17
21-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Should've been a straight red for Bellamy for violent conduct, absolutely no need for him to go 15 yards towards a fan who is already being restrained.

Pish.

PISTOL1875
21-09-2009, 10:46 AM

That prat Ferdinand should've been more worried about his performance on the pitch rather than worry what Bellamy was doing.. His '' fancy footwork '' gifted us out 3rd goal...

JoeTortolanoFanClub
21-09-2009, 10:54 AM
I cant believe Bellamy punched him, our players have their own ghosts to do such work.

:devil:

gstarbry1875
21-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Wasn't really much of a punch tbh.

Mark Hughes comments on it are interesting though. He said when Brian Clough hit the fan that ran on the park he was hailed as a national hero so Bellamy should surely be treated in the same way.....

Phil D. Rolls
21-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Saw it on MOTD last night, Bellamy really is a cowardly little tw*t. He's some footballer though.

Phil MaGlass
21-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Is Bellend not a jambo fan, must be to be throwing punches at a restrained er5e

Phil D. Rolls
21-09-2009, 12:08 PM

Mark Hughes comments on it are interesting though. He said when Brian Clough hit the fan that ran on the park he was hailed as a national hero so Bellamy should surely be treated in the same way.....

Yeah, but there was nobody restraining the guy Cloughie punched.

dalkeith stu
21-09-2009, 12:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWQ1atYpfkA

No need for that imo.
Just shake hands with the Man Utd players then go down the tunnel, he shouldn't get involved. He is a grade A fud!

PISTOL1875
21-09-2009, 12:23 PM

No need for that imo.
Just shake hands with the Man Utd players then go down the tunnel, he shouldn't get involved. He is a grade A fud!

Look at the fan... He moves his head forward towards Bellamy.. It looks like he is spitting at him or trying to headbutt him..

lapsedhibee
21-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Look at the fan... He moves his head forward towards Bellamy.. It looks like he is spitting at him or trying to headbutt him..Yes, Bellamy's actions were in self-defence. :agree:

iwasthere1972
21-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Look at the fan... He moves his head forward towards Bellamy.. It looks like he is spitting at him or trying to headbutt him..

Bellamy shouldn't have been anywhere near the fan. It was being dealt with already and didn't need his intervention. Shame Bellamy didn't get decked.

As for Mark Hughes comment regarding Brian Clough. Clough was a legend whereas Bellamy is an :asshole:

FACT. :agree:

PISTOL1875
21-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Bellamy shouldn't have been anywhere near the fan. It was being dealt with already and didn't need his intervention. Shame Bellamy didn't get decked.

As for Mark Hughes comment regarding Brian Clough. Clough was a legend whereas Bellamy is an :asshole:

FACT. :agree:

Any fan who goes on the pitch deserves exactly what they get....

The fan shouldn't have been anywhere Bellamy...

Hibs90
21-09-2009, 02:01 PM

Obviously still suffering from Owen's last minute goal are you?

Having watched it on TV at the time I can say the fan did not move his head forward and neither did he spit at Bellamy either.

:faf::wink:

PISTOL1875
21-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Obviously still suffering from Owen's last minute goal are you?

Having watched it on TV at the time I can say the fan did not move his head forward and neither did he spit at Bellamy either.

:faf::wink:

Well watch it on youtube.. It gets slowed down and you see that the fan puts his head forward..

I never said he spat at him.. I said it looked liked it....

4-2...............

Hibs90
21-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Well watch it on youtube.. It gets slowed down and you see that the fan puts his head forward..

I never said he spat at him.. I said it looked liked it....

4-2...............

Watching it again I can see where you are coming from as the fan does move his head forward but I don't think he is trying to headbutt him or whatever.

He clearly never spat on him and it doesn't look like it either.

Good game though. Was good to see Owen get on the scoresheet and get that last minute winner. :thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
21-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Watching it again I can see where you are coming from as the fan does move his head forward but I don't think he is trying to headbutt him or whatever.

He clearly never spat on him and it doesn't look like it either.

Good game though. Was good to see Owen get on the scoresheet and get that last minute winner. :thumbsup:

Well what is he trying to do then ???

Hibs90
21-09-2009, 02:14 PM

Can't really tell you that as im not that fan. Sorry

PISTOL1875
21-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Can't really tell you that as im not that fan. Sorry

Well it's obvious that you're not that fan in the video but you must some sort of idea of what his intentions are ???

I thought that you would've been looking for a draw yesterday so one of the teams didn't pull too far away from Arsenal ?? It surprises me that you are happy that United won the game ???

iwasthere1972
21-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Any fan who goes on the pitch deserves exactly what they get....

The fan shouldn't have been anywhere Bellamy...

He wasn't until Bellamy got involved. I'm not defending fans who run on the pitch but the matter was already being dealt with by the folk who are paid to do that. Different matter if the fan had directly gone to Bellamy and he had to defend himself. I would then be saying well done to Bellamy even if the fan had been decked and needed urgent dental treatment.

hibiedude
21-09-2009, 02:18 PM
The fan was on the pitch so well done craig give him another slap.

Hibs90
21-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Well it's obvious that you're not that fan in the video but you must some sort of idea of what his intentions are ???

I thought that you would've been looking for a draw yesterday so one of the teams didn't pull too far away from Arsenal ?? It surprises me that you are happy that United won the game ???

How the hell am I supposed to know what his intentions are?

To be honest I wasn't bothered about the outcome I wanted to see a good game. Im glad United won though becuase it got right up you. :wink:

Kaiser1962
21-09-2009, 02:21 PM
If you see it on tv doesnt look much of a punch but he should of hit him harder for me :greengrin

having played rugby in my youth I have to say when you see punches thrown (outside the movies that is) they never look, or feel, like you would expect them to. And when you throw them and they land it always feels like you got it wrong somehow. It's a bit surreal to be in the middle of on a sporting field. That said, however, it appears that Bellamy (absolute helmet) has hit a guy already being restrained and that, my friends, is a poor show in anyone's language. At least in Deek's case (and Stack's on you tube) the assailant was upright and about to assault them and therefore fair game.

PISTOL1875
21-09-2009, 02:23 PM
How the hell am I supposed to know what his intentions are?

To be honest I wasn't bothered about the outcome I wanted to see a good game. Im glad United won though becuase it got right up you. :wink:

You must've been looking for a result that was favourable to Arsenal yeh ??

I would worry about your own team instead of worrying about mine...

iwasthere1972
21-09-2009, 02:23 PM
having played rugby in my youth I have to say when you see punches thrown (outside the movies that is) they never look, or feel, like you would expect them to. And when you throw them and they land it always feels like you got it wrong somehow. It's a bit surreal to be in the middle of on a sporting field. That said, however, it appears that Bellamy (absolute helmet) has hit a guy already being restrained and that, my friends, is a poor show in anyone's language. At least in Deek's case (and Stack's on you tube) the assailant was upright and about to assault them and therefore fair game.

:agree:

Hibs90
21-09-2009, 02:26 PM
You must've been looking for a result that was favourable to Arsenal yeh ??

I would worry about your own team instead of worrying about mine...

No need to worry. Arsenal are 10x the team Man City will ever be. :agree::thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
21-09-2009, 02:28 PM
No need to worry. Arsenal are 10x the team Man City will ever be. :agree::thumbsup:

If you say so mate.. We'll see what happens at the end of the season....

PISTOL1875
21-09-2009, 02:32 PM

That fan deserved everything he got.. Stupid prat shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place.....

dalkeith stu
21-09-2009, 02:46 PM

Looks like he is reacting to something the steward with his left arm is doing. Not trying to defend the fan, he shouldn't be on the pitch and should have the book thrown at him but you cant claim Bellamy is acting in self defence as he has walked 20 yards to get involved.

iwasthere1972
21-09-2009, 02:46 PM
That fan deserved everything he got.. Stupid prat shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place.....

You're just not getting are you. Nobody in their right mind would defend a fan for being on the pitch but leave it to the stewards and police to deal with unless of course there is no option but to defend yourself. In Bellamy's case he was wrong to make it his business as he was nowhere near the "action".

I am neither a Man U or Man City fan so am seeing it from a neutral perspective. No bias or red or blue tinted glasses. :agree:

We could argue about this all day but I ain't got the energy or the time so this will be my last comment on the matter.

PISTOL1875
21-09-2009, 02:51 PM
You're just not getting are you. Nobody in their right mind would defend a fan for being on the pitch but leave it to the stewards and police to deal with unless of course there is no option but to defend yourself. In Bellamy's case he was wrong to make it his business as he was nowhere near the "action".

I am neither a Man U or Man City fan so am seeing it from a neutral perspective. No bias or red or blue tinted glasses. :agree:

We could argue about this all day but I ain't got the energy or the time so this will be my last comment on the matter.

I do get it... I think Bellamy was 100% wrong to get involved... I have no reason to defend him....

Toaods
21-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Lawyer:

M'Lud, my client was merely lending assitance to the steward who was having difficulty restraining the intruder. Mr Bellamy showed a great deal of courage in what could have potentially been a serious danger to his well-being.

Judge:

ABsolutley, Mr Bellamy you are free to go. Now....you, Mr Intruder, what you have done could potentially have caused a great deal of trouble if not within the stadium then certainly by adding fuel to the fire on the streets outside the match, I therefore take into account thefact that Manchester United FC have imposed a life ban on you from attending all future matches, however I feel we cannot allow such stupid action to go without punishment, therefore I sentence you to 3 months imprisonment.":bye:

ancient hibee
21-09-2009, 03:58 PM
There was a Scottish Movietone (sorry this is REALLY for oldies)news story of the 1950s.Scotland were away to Austria and Gordon Smith was getting kicked black and blue-he pushed the guy away and about 20 supporters burst onto the field-Lawrie Reilly chinned the first one and the rest turned tail to loud cheers in the cinema.Reilly denies it but is just being diplomatic.

Kaiser1962
21-09-2009, 04:15 PM

your right in that he shouldn't have been on the pitch but there were plenty stewards there and he maybe does deserve everything he will now get. But Bell-end got involved in something that had absolutely hee haw to do with him He should have kept out the road till the stewards did whatever they do with guys on the pitch. The guy will be charged as should Bellamy because if he isnt then it is saying it's ok for players to skelp guys who are being restrained. Now if the guy was running at Bellamy going to belt him, like the numpty did to Deeks, then fair do's, give him a right hander but the guy, arse or no, was going nowhere and Bellamy was in no danger whatsoever.

Caversham Green
21-09-2009, 05:03 PM

The guy Cloughie skelped was a Forest fan though - a very important difference that Hughes is too thick to spot.

joe_hfc
21-09-2009, 10:24 PM
I do get it... I think Bellamy was 100% wrong to get involved... I have no reason to defend him....

Now that I watched the clip, it certainly does look like he is trying to spit at Bellamy. He is a Man U fan after all...

Anyway, let's not debate over Man U, Arsenal, or Man City. They all live in the shadows of Leeds Leeds silky Leeds :agree::thumbsup:

khib70
22-09-2009, 09:45 AM
:faf:Except for last Saturday you mean:blah:

--------
22-09-2009, 10:13 AM
There was a Scottish Movietone (sorry this is REALLY for oldies)news story of the 1950s.Scotland were away to Austria and Gordon Smith was getting kicked black and blue-he pushed the guy away and about 20 supporters burst onto the field-Lawrie Reilly chinned the first one and the rest turned tail to loud cheers in the cinema.Reilly denies it but is just being diplomatic.

I can confirm this - my father was a regular at ER at the time - the general view among the Hibs support was something like, "Buncha Nazis, well done Lawrie, didnae hit him hard enough". Dad was at the Austria match at Hampden a few years later which had to be abandoned when football threatened to get in the way of the riot.

Didnae like Austrians, my Dad.

Except Haydn, Schubert, Beethoven and Mozart. :devil:

lapsedhibee
22-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Except Haydn, Schubert, Beethoven and Mozart.

:confused: Thought everyone played 2-3-5 in them days? :dunno: