Hibercelona
20-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Very fortunate. :agree:

Unlike our BIG pals across the road. :greengrin

matty_f
20-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Very fortunate. :agree:

Unlike our BIG pals across the road. :greengrin

To be honest, I don't think we were very fortunate. All said and done, although the 3-0 probably flattered us, we were the better team over the 90 mins.

We have better players, and they played better than their counterparts for the majority of the game, IMHO.

Granted, St Johnstone had spells when they could -and should - have scored, but they didn't. We missed some good chances as well, and the 3-0 could have as easily been 6-0 as it could have 3-3.

I think the team are getting an unwarranted hard time for what was a reasonably good performance against a decent, stuffy St Johnstone side.

Hibercelona
20-09-2009, 05:34 PM
To be honest, I don't think we were very fortunate. All said and done, although the 3-0 probably flattered us, we were the better team over the 90 mins.

We have better players, and they played better than their counterparts for the majority of the game, IMHO.

Granted, St Johnstone had spells when they could -and should - have scored, but they didn't. We missed some good chances as well, and the 3-0 could have as easily been 6-0 as it could have 3-3.

I think the team are getting an unwarranted hard time for what was a reasonably good performance against a decent, stuffy St Johnstone side.

I wasnt at the game, so I was really just basing the performance on the highlights.

According to the commentators & highlights, we only had 3 shots on target.

Did the highlights miss things out? :dunno:

matty_f
20-09-2009, 05:39 PM
I wasnt at the game, so I was really just basing the performance on the highlights.

According to the commentators & highlights, we only had 3 shots on target.

Did the highlights miss things out? :dunno:

Dunno, the match was 90 minutes, the highlights are what, 5?:greengrin

As an aside, how shabby is this (from the blurb underneath the highlights window)

Striker Anthony Stokes scores his first goal for Hibernian since moving to the club from Falkirk. Paul Mitchell describes the action from Easter Road.

Is anyone not getting the highlights to work as well, I've tried it in Chrome and in IE8 and I just get the loading graphic.

Sergey
20-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Dunno, the match was 90 minutes, the highlights are what, 5?:greengrin

As an aside, how shabby is this (from the blurb underneath the highlights window)

Is anyone not getting the highlights to work as well, I've tried it in Chrome and in IE8 and I just get the loading graphic.

Sounds like you might need to re-install your Windows OS :greengrin

Fine for me using Firefox.

Mibbes Aye
20-09-2009, 05:50 PM

:agree: That's fair comment Matty. We started slowly but after the first twenty minutes or so we enjoyed some good possession and were knocking the ball about comfortably. We looked like we could play much better football than them (that's not to say we always did).

For me the game was all about the first half. Although Saints had a few chances early in the second, they weren't as good chances as they had in the first fifteen and after we scored our third the game died to a degree - TBH I wasn't entirely comfortable with the showboating, but that's another debate.

Deuchar coming on certainly posed us a few questions but conversely we could have scored a few more ourselves (Wotherspoon's shot and Stokes getting under the ball when unmarked in the second half, especially)

matty_f
20-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Sounds like you might need to re-install your Windows OS :greengrin

Fine for me using Firefox.

Just refreshed it a couple of times and it worked.

CallumLaidlaw
20-09-2009, 05:55 PM
fantastic journalism as usual from the bbc. This under the vid -

Striker Anthony Stokes scores his first goal for Hibernian since moving to the club from Falkirk. Paul Mitchell describes the action from Easter Road.

maturehibby
20-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Commentry is added by someone not at the game and in this case it was that Jambo Knob Mitchell who takes a great delight in deriding everything appertaining to Hibernian so take it all with a pinch of salt ,
Was at the game yesterday and had my radio on at open all mykes while game was being played to hear the summeriser Sandy Clark breaking his poor wee heart everytime we scored - brilliant to hear the sobs in his voice after every goal suggest that others do it and then give him it tight or the other KNob we usually get Preston who does exactly the same Yogi's cousin or not

Big_D
20-09-2009, 06:54 PM
fantastic journalism as usual from the bbc. This under the vid -

You couldn't make it up eh ?

truehibernian
20-09-2009, 07:02 PM
To be fair to Paul Mitchell he has always been kind to Hibs when they have played well or scored great goals. Can't be easy commentating when its your rival team and not having to show your "colours". I mean at full time today at Parkhead I think I would have been like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI1nPd7hezM&feature=related

BEEJ
20-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Was at the game yesterday and had my radio on at open all mykes while game was being played to hear the summeriser Sandy Clark breaking his poor wee heart everytime we scored - brilliant to hear the sobs in his voice after every goal suggest that others do it and then give him it tight or the other KNob we usually get Preston who does exactly the same Yogi's cousin or not
Yeah, Preston's voice is usually an octave or two higher when Hibs are trailing in a match. Sounds like he wets himself whenever it looks like we're going to concede again - very excitable chappie.

Then when the game turns and Hibs are ahead, puberty arrives with a vengeance. Preston's voice breaks, he's barely audible and he gets remarkably grumpy, uncharitable and monosyllabic - all in the space of a few short minutes.

But he's completely neutral, of course. :rolleyes:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-09-2009, 07:22 PM

I came away from the match thinking it could have been 5 -3 to the Saintees if they could finish. They played the better football over the 90 minutes.

matty_f
20-09-2009, 07:24 PM
I came away from the match thinking it could have been 5 -3 to the Saintees if they could finish. They played the better football over the 90 minutes.

5-3 is another scoreline that it could have been, to either side.:agree:

hibs0666
20-09-2009, 07:35 PM

No they didn't - they lost.

steakbake
20-09-2009, 07:44 PM
A 3-nil home win. 3 points in the bag, no goals conceded. WTF more do people want?

francobaresi
20-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Wasn't there but Stokesy took his goals well. BBC cameraman must have been on the bevvy, thought it was pretty poor camera work...
3 points though.. onwards & upwards...

glory glory.....

Sas_The_Hibby
20-09-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm happy we won, of course, and there were positives to take from yesterday's game.

However, I hope Yogi's attitude isn't "well, we won, so there's no problems there, then" (like several posters here), or else we really are Donald Ducked, especially with regard to our defence.

HibeeJoxy
20-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Does anyone have a link that will work outside the UK, bloody BBC doesn't allow me to watch highlights in Spain:grr:

no worries if not, as I'll be able to watch them at working in Gibraltar tomorrow morning, but wouldnae mind a wee lookie the nite if pos :hnet:

I'm_cabbaged
20-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Does anyone have a link that will work outside the UK, bloody BBC doesn't allow me to watch highlights in Spain:grr:

no worries if not, as I'll be able to watch them at working in Gibraltar tomorrow morning, but wouldnae mind a wee lookie the nite if pos :hnet:

Type "uk proxy server" into your search bar. :wink:

Hibby Bairn
20-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Funny...yesterday I thought Bamba had a great game. When you watch these highlights he is an absolute bombscare.

Maybe it isn't Hogg that is the problem?

marinello59
20-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Funny...yesterday I thought Bamba had a great game. When you watch these highlights he is an absolute bombscare.

Maybe it isn't Hogg that is the problem?

I was at the game and watched it again on Alba when I got home. I would suggest it's the highlights that are the problem.:greengrin

Davy Mac
20-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Class showed in the end, mind you another team is allowed to play well at ER likes - so fair play to them but that's why we have invested in better players, to beat teams like St Johnstone.

Now back to that bloody Hamilton game - Petrie :grr::greengrin

monktonharp
20-09-2009, 11:00 PM
I came away from the match thinking it could have been 5 -3 to the Saintees if they could finish. They played the better football over the 90 minutes.behave yersel............please.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-09-2009, 11:06 PM
behave yersel............please.

?

Honest opinion.

St J played the better football for the majority of the match. Movement and passing was better. We won the game due to better finishing.

Not open to debate on this.

Dashing Bob S
21-09-2009, 03:49 AM
?

Honest opinion.

St J played the better football for the majority of the match. Movement and passing was better. We won the game due to better finishing.

Not open to debate on this.

Agree 100% It was a bit like the Falkirk game. We definately have more points than our performances deserve, mainly due to our striking power. This is to be expected as the team has yet to gel and establish the passing game. Individual performances have generally been good though, and I'm excited to see how we'll develop as a team.

Till it comes together i'll happily take the points.