PDA

View Full Version : Why are we so flat at the moment?

Ell_Chrisso
20-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Being at the game yesterday, hasnt just brought this to my mind.

If im really honest, i dont think Hibs have really started this year. Now i know its harsh to be critical, as we do have nine points on the board, and should really have atleast 10 after giving Celtic a right go at home.. but what concerns me is we really havent ticked yet.

Im hoping this will prove to be a good thing in the end, that when we do, were going to go on that consistent run everyone wants.

But theres just no real enthusiasm at the moment, or urgency with certain personel, or wether its just our tactics?

One thing i loved watching under Collins and Mowbary was when we got the ball, and had the chance to.. we would break up the pitch fast, with quick passes, and our movement all over the pitch, and i dont see this happening at the moment. Its as if we are just to content on slow build up play and relying on giving the ball to McBride all the time, to pick out a pass.

I would rather have some sort of variation in our play, and bring back some of that great counter attacking football, and quick break aways, that made us soo entertaining a few years back.

Any thoughts folks?

basehibby
20-09-2009, 01:35 PM
I'd agree that we haven't really got going yet - BUT I can see where Yogi is taking the team and I think it WILL all fall into place as the games go by. And, considering we've got three wins out of five without hitting any consistent form, I'd say there's plenty of grounds for optimism that when it does click into place we'll be in for a fun ride.

Capt Mainwaring
20-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Work in progress from the Manager.

Let's stick with it

Sir David Gray
20-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Being at the game yesterday, hasnt just brought this to my mind.

If im really honest, i dont think Hibs have really started this year. Now i know its harsh to be critical, as we do have nine points on the board, and should really have atleast 10 after giving Celtic a right go at home.. but what concerns me is we really havent ticked yet.

Im hoping this will prove to be a good thing in the end, that when we do, were going to go on that consistent run everyone wants.

But theres just no real enthusiasm at the moment, or urgency with certain personel, or wether its just our tactics?

One thing i loved watching under Collins and Mowbary was when we got the ball, and had the chance to.. we would break up the pitch fast, with quick passes, and our movement all over the pitch, and i dont see this happening at the moment. Its as if we are just to contect on slow build up play and relying on giving the ball to McBride all the time, to pick out a pass.

I would rather have some sort of variation in our play, and bring back some of that great counter attacking football, and quick break aways, that made us soo entertaining a few years back.

Any thoughts folks?

I think it will take a while for Hughes to completely overhaul the team and change their hoofball mindset from last season.

I do believe that, given time, he will do that. He has called on the fans to trust him that he knows what he's doing and I do trust him and I also believe that he will eventually have us playing the type of football that we all want to see but it won't happen overnight. I think that we still need to improve in certain areas and maybe bring in some players with a different type of character, the kind of character that Hughes has spoken about at length on many occasions since he took the job.

We will have setbacks along the way, like at Hamilton last week. Hopefully that will prove to be our worst performance of the season and that we will get better with every game but I think in the long term, Hughes will make us a relatively successful side.

Ell_Chrisso
20-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Yep, i did say i wasnt wanting to be too critical.

I understand that we have made a decent start to the season, and that he has called for time.

But i dont think it would ask too much, to tell certain players to have a little bit more enthusiasm on the offensive side of our game, when we do get the ball in our half, with space to break away into.

I mean, its no wonder we didnt play well yesterday..

We had one up front, and anytime we got the ball, WEE slowed the play down. Why not be getting right at teams like Saints. We know our footballers are all better, and are better than atleast half of the SPL, so lets start putting these teams under pressure, instead of us playing the slow football all the time, and putting ourselves under pressure...

Rory89
20-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Clearly what we are missing is the Rob Jones hoof to an opposition centre half which is cleared back to Jones who hoofs it back etc with the odd touch from a midfielder that was Mixu's reign as a manager.

WindyMiller
20-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Clearly what we are missing is the Rob Jones hoof to an opposition centre half which is cleared back to Jones who hoofs it back etc with the odd touch from a midfielder that was Mixu's reign as a manager.

We're certainly missing that. :thumbsup:

Baw187
20-09-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm not convinced with the formation... think we're too narrow in the middle of the park because Riordan and whoever plays on the right (Wotherspoon, Zouma, Stokes so far) aren't wingers and are more likely to com inside than hit the by line. I think this strategy of wanting the fullbacks to hit the by line instead isn't working, possibly due to the fullbacks we have. Although that's not a critisism of Hanlon or McCormack.

I'd like to see us change it sometimes to having Deek and Stokes through the middle and getting some width with Galbraith... when the situation calls for it, like last week.

Trust Yogi to get it right tho.

Ell_Chrisso
22-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Soooo...

its only taken less than 7 days for this post to be proved right.
Not that im making myself out to be a super human manager, but lets face it oUr football at the moment is terrible! Worse than when bloody Mixu was in charge!
The football im asking Hibs to play was done in the first minute of tonights match.. and we scored.
Quick pressure, quick passing, great movement = GOALS.

from 2-90 mins, we were AWFUL!

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh its so frustrating being a Hibs fan ...... but dont you just love it :greengrin