PDA

View Full Version : Question How do you cancel Hibernian TV?

hibsfan
20-09-2009, 08:52 AM
OK - Was very impressed with how professional the new official site was looking and thought I would give the HTV service a shot when I saw the offer of a free 7 day trial, being promised I could cancel after a week before being charged 3.99 a month.

Well, the content is awful and still very poorly done.

BUT HOW DO YOU CANCEL? There seems to be no 'cancel' link or option - I have emailed the company that offer the service and of course no reply....

Any advice? Am I missing something really obvious?!

villager
20-09-2009, 09:02 AM
OK - Was very impressed with how professional the new official site was looking and thought I would give the HTV service a shot when I saw the offer of a free 7 day trial, being promised I could cancel after a week before being charged 3.99 a month.

Well, the content is awful and still very poorly done.

BUT HOW DO YOU CANCEL? There seems to be no 'cancel' link or option - I have emailed the company that offer the service and of course no reply....

Any advice? Am I missing something really obvious?!

sorry, cant help you with the tech. in my opinion the hughes interviews are worth £4 a month on their own.

hibsfan
20-09-2009, 09:08 AM
I suppose some people might want to watch them, but I was hoping more for video of players, training, day to day business and exclusives - rather than long boring interviews in front of an advertising board. They could be so much better, and no match highlights?!

hibsfan
20-09-2009, 09:10 AM
correction: just realised that you can get highlights by clicking on....'highlights' duh! But why arent the most recent updates on the main HTV page?!

Martin
20-09-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm confused. When you click the HTV page (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TVHome/0,,10290,00.html) it has on the right hand side new additions to the site, and at the top it has a clear menu which you can chose what you want to watch.

We listened to the feedback we got and made sure the site was as close to what people wanted.

The interviews are exclusive to HTV and you will also find videos for earlier in the season of training sessions and videos recorded from the Training Centre also.

Should you still want to cancel click here (http://www.performgroup.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-my-subscription-20080516_2245052_1313626) and this will give you instructions on how to do so.

Jay
20-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I think you need to spend more time fiddling around with it as it has plenty of quality stuff on it and extended match highlights. If you really want to cancel just stop the payment whether by paypal or D/D or whatever.

Edit; Just saw the post above. Follow Martins instructions :greengrin

hibsfan
20-09-2009, 01:13 PM
so why aren't the highlights from yesterday's match on the main page? I would expect to be able to see all the latest content there, rather than having to go through each section to see what's new.

There is no link on the site to cancel membership. and the Performgroup site just says this

To cancel an account please login to the site, go to the "My Account" page, where you will find a "Cancel My Subscription" option. Alternatively you can use the 'Contact Us' button, giving at least 10 working days notice prior to your next payment date.

There is no 'Cancel my subscription' option.

sleeping giant
20-09-2009, 01:16 PM
so why aren't the highlights from yesterday's match on the main page? I would expect to be able to see all the latest content there, rather than having to go through each section to see what's new.

There is no link on the site to cancel membership. and the Performgroup site just says this

To cancel an account please login to the site, go to the "My Account" page, where you will find a "Cancel My Subscription" option. Alternatively you can use the 'Contact Us' button, giving at least 10 working days notice prior to your next payment date.

There is no 'Cancel my subscription' option.

I used to find it hard to find what i was looking for on HI but that was about 2 years ago and i haven't been a member since.
Even though i struggled to navigate it , the content (when found) was superb.
Cliff is a legend:thumbsup:

I might sign up again actually.
Is there content from East mains etc ?

hibsfan
20-09-2009, 01:19 PM
if i had time to watch the interviews i am sure there would be some interesting stuff hidden in there. There isn't any video of training or tours of EM or ER - all interviews and highlights (am I right?)

(((Fergus)))
20-09-2009, 03:46 PM
HTV is great, nicely structured, although I do wonder what has happened to all the old classic match footage. Currently the archive only goes back to 2007 or so. Are there plans to add the old stuff later?

BTW I also agree that the most recent highlights should be on the main intro page.

PaulSmith
20-09-2009, 03:50 PM
if i had time to watch the interviews i am sure there would be some interesting stuff hidden in there. There isn't any video of training or tours of EM or ER - all interviews and highlights (am I right?)

I can't think of anything more boring that watching players do a training drill...if this is your expectations then your probably better of cancelling and leaving the excellent current to the guys that are happy with the service.

(((Fergus)))
20-09-2009, 03:54 PM

Good suggestions for content there:video tours of East Mains and Easter Road.

I'd also like to see interviews with non-football staff, high and low

PeeJay
20-09-2009, 04:29 PM
I don’t like the new site at all. The stylish new design may appeal to many folks but content is what’s important to me. Anyway, I understand a lot of the old videos and things are taking time to be transferred into the new site’s format (?), so that’s why lots of the older videos are not yet available, but what particularly bugs me is that lots of the older videos are now in flash format with reduced resolution and you can only really watch them in some tiny-box format. When you go to full-screen you only get ¾ screen and the resolution is cxxx. I can’t see how that is an improvement or an update (although I guess it may well be me and I’m doing something wrong on my PC with regard to flash, but I’m pretty sure that HI went the flash route a few years back and decided to scrap it ....)

Really enjoy a lot of the new interviews with players and Mr. Hughes himself of course! And you're quite right OP with regard to sending emails – the old HI replied extremely promptly and always in a friendly manner – the new service has so far failed to reply at all to any of my emails with feedback – so much for customer service!

Oh well, at least Hibs won on Saturday and, although we were pretty poor, the broadcast was perfect! :thumbsup:

DC_Hibs
20-09-2009, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE=PeeJay;2181371] the new service has so far failed to reply at all to any of my emails with feedback – so much for customer service!QUOTE]

Good to hear you are sending feedback, if phannybaws that started the thread and others did likewise maybe they'd take it on board and make improvements.

I sent feedback via the official site yday and got a reply from a boy at Leeds United to say he would pass it on!!

franco
20-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Thats a bit strong mate eh we are all hibees at the end of the day nae need for that

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2009, 05:58 PM
[QUOTE=PeeJay;2181371] the new service has so far failed to reply at all to any of my emails with feedback – so much for customer service!QUOTE]

Good to hear you are sending feedback, if phannybaws that started the thread and others did likewise maybe they'd take it on board and make improvements.

I sent feedback via the official site yday and got a reply from a boy at Leeds United to say he would pass it on!!

:bitchy:

Speedway
20-09-2009, 06:16 PM
HTV is quality and has taken a step up since the new site was launched.

It's like our own satellite tv channel, with a new programme nearly every night and game highlights usually up before 11pm.

Excellent value for money.

ArabHibee
20-09-2009, 06:36 PM
I don’t like the new site at all. The stylish new design may appeal to many folks but content is what’s important to me. Anyway, I understand a lot of the old videos and things are taking time to be transferred into the new site’s format (?), so that’s why lots of the older videos are not yet available, but what particularly bugs me is that lots of the older videos are now in flash format with reduced resolution and you can only really watch them in some tiny-box format. When you go to full-screen you only get ¾ screen and the resolution is cxxx. I can’t see how that is an improvement or an update (although I guess it may well be me and I’m doing something wrong on my PC with regard to flash, but I’m pretty sure that HI went the flash route a few years back and decided to scrap it ....)

Really enjoy a lot of the new interviews with players and Mr. Hughes himself of course! And you're quite right OP with regard to sending emails – the old HI replied extremely promptly and always in a friendly manner – the new service has so far failed to reply at all to any of my emails with feedback – so much for customer service!

Oh well, at least Hibs won on Saturday and, although we were pretty poor, the broadcast was perfect! :thumbsup:

Any reason why you are SHOUTING????!!!!! :confused:

Re: the bit in bold - not in my opinion, especially the underlined bit.

sleeping giant
20-09-2009, 06:40 PM

How do you come to the conclusion that he is shouting?:confused:

PeeJay
20-09-2009, 06:48 PM

a) I don't get the bit about shouting - how am I shouting - it all looks quite normal to me on the screen - honest!??
b) That may be true for you - I don't know - but for me it was always so, without exception.

distant hibby
20-09-2009, 06:56 PM
I have been a Hibernian Tv customer for three years. Flash is crap and i would expect the quality of video to be vastly improved for a new service. It looks compressed to hell even on high quality. I will not be renewing my subscription, 3 TO 4 mins of quality feed from the BBC for free will do for me.
I also used to like listening to the radio hibs but there seems to be more chat and less comentating these days. Not worth £40.00 a year.

ArabHibee
20-09-2009, 07:00 PM
How do you come to the conclusion that he is shouting?:confused:

a) I don't get the bit about shouting - how am I shouting - it all looks quite normal to me on the screen - honest!??
b) That may be true for you - I don't know - but for me it was always so, without exception.

Sorry! Shouting probably wasn't the right was to describe it.

Just tone the font down! :greengrin

sleeping giant
20-09-2009, 07:05 PM

:faf:

hibbybrian
20-09-2009, 07:08 PM
I have been a Hibernian Tv customer for three years. Flash is crap and i would expect the quality of video to be vastly improved for a new service. It looks compressed to hell even on high quality. I will not be renewing my subscription, 3 TO 4 mins of quality feed from the BBC for free will do for me.
I also used to like listening to the radio hibs but there seems to be more chat and less comentating these days. Not worth £40.00 a year.

You're lucky you get the BBC feed in your region :cool2: - I hope you will enjoy whatever you spend your saving of the equivalent of 11p per day on much more than your experience of HI :devil: :wink:

OtterHibee
20-09-2009, 07:23 PM
HTV is quality and has taken a step up since the new site was launched.

It's like our own satellite tv channel, with a new programme nearly every night and game highlights usually up before 11pm.

Excellent value for money.

:agree:

Good suggestions for content there:video tours of East Mains and Easter Road.

I'd also like to see interviews with non-football staff, high and low

Definitely. Interviews with the various directors could be quite interesting. What do their individual roles entail, how did they come to be at Hibs, their backgrounds, etc. I don't know if anyone remembers it, but something along the lines of the one Scott Lindsay did for the 'Back Four' last year(?) would be good.

PeeJay
20-09-2009, 07:23 PM

How can it look different on your screen from mine: on my screen it looks quite neutral, boring almost??:confused:

Greenway
20-09-2009, 07:43 PM
I find the HI content quite good, but the highlights resolution quality is pretty poor. I can't watch more than a few minutes before it hurts my eyes.

I had asked the HI team if there was any way the video resolution could be increased to improve the experience. I was told to wait and see the brand new HI site which may well improve this issue. I have, and it hasn't. :confused:

However, the Manager and Player interview sections are worth the money alone. It should also be noted that the guys who run this service give their time for free and provide us with a much better insight of the team than any external media can.

I do like that idea of a East Mains HI video tour, as I missed the EM tours in the summer as they were only available for a few weeks.

jakki
20-09-2009, 07:51 PM
I have always loved HI but disappointed that I cannot find the forum in the new set up. :confused:

PeeJay
21-09-2009, 07:12 AM
I have always loved HI but disappointed that I cannot find the forum in the new set up. :confused:

I've searched high and low for the forum too - it's not there. I also asked the site owner why it has been discontinued: but no reply!

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2009, 09:10 AM

I've searched high and low for the forum too - it's not there. I also asked the site owner why it has been discontinued: but no reply!

I cant find it either, has it been discontinued? If you have a problem, who do you get in touch with?:confused:

Billy
21-09-2009, 09:15 AM
I cant find it either, has it been discontinued? If you have a problem, who do you get in touch with?:confused:

customerservices@performgroup.com

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2009, 09:20 AM
customerservices@performgroup.com

:thumbsup: