PDA

View Full Version : Galbraith, Zemmama and Benji

Dashing Bob S
20-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Loved it when they came on yesterday. Yes the game was won, and they were clearly told to run down the clock without getting into too much bother, but they are all such highly skilled footballers who obviously loved being on the park together, and, outside of the goals, their virtuouso cameos were my highlight of yesterday.

True entertainers.

WindyMiller
20-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Agreed Bob, I feel young Galbraith could be the kind of player that will get the fans on their feet every time he gets himself a bit of space.
With his first touch yesterday he ran at their CB's and got us a free kick in a good position.

Big90inOz
20-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Definately want to ee more of young Galbraith, looks an exciting direct player.
:agree:

Jim44
20-09-2009, 09:00 AM
I think Hughes will have to change things on Tuesday. I'd play the three you mention from the start and catch St J. cold. If we play the same team again from the start again, we might not get so lucky

blackpoolhibs
20-09-2009, 09:13 AM
I think Hughes will have to change things on Tuesday. I'd play the three you mention from the start and catch St J. cold. If we play the same team again from the start again, we might not get so lucky

I disagree, the same team will hopefully have learnt from yesterdays game, and will be better for it. We did happen to score 3 times to their none, maybe they have some problems too, and they seem a bit more apparent than ours.

I would not be surprised if the team was different, but i'd keep the defence the same. We need to get some continuity with the back 4, and playing them together regularly will only help. The changes will probably be in midfield, Rankin looked badly injured, and might not be fit anyway. So it will be Galbraith or Zemamma in for him.

I'd start with Stokes and Riordan again, their understanding is starting to supply goals, we need that to continue. Minimal changes are needed imho, bring the subs on when the games won, like we did yesterday.:thumbsup:

Toaods
20-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Loved it when they came on yesterday. Yes the game was won, and they were clearly told to run down the clock without getting into too much bother, but they are all such highly skilled footballers who obviously loved being on the park together, and, outside of the goals, their virtuouso cameos were my highlight of yesterday.

True entertainers.

it took such a limited cameo appearance on the back of a food fast to see what Benji has in terms of game awareness, dwarfs everyone else.

Derek Riordan has superb ability, Stokes power, but Benji has the lot. Those who slated him will be made to eat their words....:wink:

ps. Let's not even mention Nish.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-09-2009, 10:09 AM

it took such a limited cameo appearance on the back of a food fast to see what Benji has in terms of game awareness, dwarfs everyone else.

Derek Riordan has superb ability, Stokes power, but Benji has the lot. Those who slated him will be made to eat their words....:wink:

Ronnie Corbett could dwarf pretty much everyone in our team :wink:

Hibby Kay-Yay
20-09-2009, 10:14 AM

Lets not get carried away, Benji is still highly unpredictable. Talented yes, reliable...:devil:

Sas_The_Hibby
20-09-2009, 10:24 AM

Especially if Saints change THEIR team and bring in someone who CAN hit a barn door, whilst holding it by the handle!! :eek:

Jim44
20-09-2009, 10:36 AM
I disagree, the same team will hopefully have learnt from yesterdays game, and will be better for it. We did happen to score 3 times to their none, maybe they have some problems too, and they seem a bit more apparent than ours.

I would not be surprised if the team was different, but i'd keep the defence the same. We need to get some continuity with the back 4, and playing them together regularly will only help. The changes will probably be in midfield, Rankin looked badly injured, and might not be fit anyway. So it will be Galbraith or Zemamma in for him.

I'd start with Stokes and Riordan again, their understanding is starting to supply goals, we need that to continue. Minimal changes are needed imho, bring the subs on when the games won, like we did yesterday.:thumbsup:

If every missed chance from both teams had gone in yesterday, we would have lost by a barrowload. There might not be room for all three changes but I would try Benji instead of Riordan and Zemmama in place of Rankin.

blackpoolhibs
20-09-2009, 10:42 AM
If every missed chance from both teams had gone in yesterday, we would have lost by a barrowload. There might not be room for all three changes but I would try Benji instead of Riordan and Zemmama in place of Rankin.

So if you were a St Johnstone fan, you would be happy your forwards couldnt score in a barrel of phannies, and your defence leaked goals like a sive. We won 3-0, perhaps it was not the best display ever, but we are work in progress, a new defence yesterday, a new midfield, and 2 forwards who have only played 4 times together. Rome was not built in a day.

I agree Zemamma or Galbraith for Rankin, i'd keep the forwards the same though.

Baw187
20-09-2009, 10:53 AM
So if you were a St Johnstone fan, you would be happy your forwards couldnt score in a barrel of phannies, and your defence leaked goals like a sive. We won 3-0, perhaps it was not the best display ever, but we are work in progress, a new defence yesterday, a new midfield, and 2 forwards who have only played 4 times together. Rome was not built in a day.

I agree Zemamma or Galbraith for Rankin, i'd keep the forwards the same though.

If Yogi continues to play the formation he has done all season, the only person that Galbraith can come on for is Deek. Unless he switches Deek to the right. Can't imagine him playing anywhere but on the left wing / forward position.

As a side note, Stokes looks more promising through the middle than wide (as he was played to accomodate Nish).

blackpoolhibs
20-09-2009, 11:18 AM
If Yogi continues to play the formation he has done all season, the only person that Galbraith can come on for is Deek. Unless he switches Deek to the right. Can't imagine him playing anywhere but on the left wing / forward position.

As a side note, Stokes looks more promising through the middle than wide (as he was played to accomodate Nish).

Personally i think Galbraith is more of a left winger than a forward, but can see your point, and agree 100% about Stokes. And he needs a partner, Riordan and him have scored a few goals together now, i think the partnership looks very promising.:thumbsup:

Dibben
20-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Personally i think Galbraith is more of a left winger than a forward, but can see your point, and agree 100% about Stokes. And he needs a partner, Riordan and him have scored a few goals together now, i think the partnership looks very promising.:thumbsup:

BH.

sahib
20-09-2009, 12:36 PM

When did left wingers stop being forwards? Duncan, Stevenson and Willie Ormond, to name all I can remember, all thought they were. God, I hate the modern world.:greengrin

Wakeyhibee
20-09-2009, 12:46 PM

:agree: we didn't really get going yesterday and after a nervous 15 mins start killed the game off with excellent finishing from Ant and Deek. Would only change Zemmama for Rankin if anything, I think he is the perfect person to link the midfield with the strikers.

Jim44
20-09-2009, 12:48 PM
When did left wingers stop being forwards? Duncan, Stevenson and Willie Ormond, to name all I can remember, all thought they were. God, I hate the modern world.:greengrin

Ah, the good old days, five up front.................outside right, centre forward, outside left, forwards...............inside right, inside left, attacking midfielders.

CapitalHibs
20-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Ah, the good old days, five up front.................outside right, centre forward, outside left, forwards...............inside right, inside left, attacking midfielders.

defenders that couldnae dribble.... goalies in yellow jerseys that didnae give you heart attacks:greengrin

sadtom
20-09-2009, 01:05 PM

16 a side, 10 half time 21 the winner, small boys in the park, jumpers for goal posts. Isn't it, wasn't it Marvellous

sadtom
20-09-2009, 01:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NeRoSFZWbs

The future plan G - bless 'im.

maturehibby
20-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Seemed to enjoy himself when on park and seems to enjoy playing against the Sainties .
A wee aside at full time he had the ball as he was going down the tunnel and he booted it joyfully up into the west stand and just about crowned a few people on its descent from the roof