PDA

View Full Version : Ref yesterday

James70
20-09-2009, 08:07 AM
I thought he was an excellent ref, not over bearing or rushing for his cards but instead speaking to the players as adults and prepared to explain his decisions to them. Too many refs go on the park looking for players to book as a formality and treating the players like they were naughty kids. Always good to see a ref who can smile and have a bit of light banter with the players.

sahib
20-09-2009, 08:26 AM
I thought he was an excellent ref, not over bearing or rushing for his cards but instead speaking to the players as adults and prepared to explain his decisions to them. Too many refs go on the park looking for players to book as a formality and treating the players like they were naughty kids. Always good to see a ref who can smile and have a bit of light banter with the players.

I hardly noticed him which is apparently the sign of a good ref. It wasn't a dirty game.

Dibben
20-09-2009, 09:27 AM
yep. Thought he was really good!

Well done ref.

BH.

lucky
20-09-2009, 10:03 AM
He was very good espeically when you compare him to last weeks

Sas_The_Hibby
20-09-2009, 10:20 AM

Major error! :greengrin

Hibs Class
20-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Thought he had a good game, and he actually reminded me of Conroy last season, when I thought he was one of the better refs. That's probably because, listening to the radio on the way to the game, the BBC gave some stats for Conroy - last season he had around 37 games and issued 81 cautions; this season, in 4 matches he's already had 4 reds and 31 yellows (or something like that). We had him at Falkirk recently and he was card happy. The suspicion was that he has been warned to tone down the common-sense and to issue cards according to the letter of the laws.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-09-2009, 10:51 AM
When the ref does nothing and neither managers make any comment, then he must have had a good game.:agree:

Hibercelona
20-09-2009, 11:52 AM
We won 3-0.

Great day for the ref... :greengrin

Golden Bear
20-09-2009, 12:01 PM
He was very good espeically when you compare him to last weeks

:agree:

Somers was in charge of the Utd v Motherwell game yesterday and he seemed to have had another nightmare by all accounts.

His performance was described in one Sunday paper as:-

"had a poor game and was frequently officious without establishing control"

I could believe that after his epic performance at Hamilton last week!

maturehibby
20-09-2009, 01:52 PM

Somers was in charge of the Utd v Motherwell game yesterday and he seemed to have had another nightmare by all accounts.

His performance was described in one Sunday paper as:-

"had a poor game and was frequently officious without establishing control"

I could believe that after his epic performance at Hamilton last week!

You would think that the referee supervisor at the games would point out Somers inadequecies and have him quietly de-motted to sunday morning lassies games

Onceinawhile
20-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Ref had a very good game, though apparently the linesman missed st. johnstone scoring?

maturehibby
20-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Linesman never missed anything else having his flag up repeatedly for a good few non existant off-sides.
I also think that Murray was behind the line when he cleared it but the whole of the ball must cross the line and it never appeared to do that though i might be looking through green eyes

Cool_Hand_Luke
20-09-2009, 07:20 PM
You would think that the referee supervisor at the games would point out Somers inadequecies and have him quietly de-motted to sunday morning lassies games

Hope Somers gets the next old firm derby...he wouldn't be around for long after that :agree:

Sumner
20-09-2009, 08:43 PM
one of the best I've witnessed in years, let the game flow,
talked to players - compare him to the likes of Freeland - like a different species!

I'm_cabbaged
20-09-2009, 08:47 PM
one of the best I've witnessed in years, let the game flow,
talked to players - compare him to the likes of Freeland - like a different species!

He also let the play go on for a bit before deciding wether there was advantage or not.

thebakerboy
20-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Noticed him in second half wearing a(Ithink) grey strip not fancy bright yellow etc worn by other refs.Seemed to want to be unseen and did an excellant job.Top marks and I usually slag refs.:greengrin