PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona vs Athletico Madrid

Sylar
19-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Thank goodness there's a double bill on tonight - Usually there's a Championship game on around tea-time, but nothing tonight.

Osasuna vs Sevilla on just now (0-0), followed by Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid, on SS3. :thumbsup:

Sylar
19-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Osasuna 0-2 Sevilla - not the best of games and very stop/start. Sevilla look like they've remained in 2nd gear right enough - if they step it up a notch (as you would expect) for their Champions League meeting with Rangers, they'll destroy them!

Hopefully Barca vs Atletico will be more entertaining!

David_D
19-09-2009, 08:45 PM
4-0 Barca after 40 mins. this is awesome football

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sylar
19-09-2009, 08:47 PM
4-1 now

Aguero.

David_D
4-1 now could be a very high scoring game

Jonnyboy
4-0 Barca after 40 mins. this is awesome football

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I believe the Barca fans are saying "esto es apenas como la observación de Hibs" :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
19-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Athletico are the St Johnstone of Spain.

Sylar
19-09-2009, 09:30 PM
When games are as entertaining as the first half was, managers should be banned from speaking to their team at half time, as Atletico have very obviously been instructed to stop Barca playing.

The 2nd half is pish by comparison!

majorhibs
19-09-2009, 10:27 PM
When games are as entertaining as the first half was, managers should be banned from speaking to their team at half time, as Atletico have very obviously been instructed to stop Barca playing.

The 2nd half is pish by comparison!

Was thinkin maybe Barca were told job is done so just come in a bit, stop playing wide, avoid any bookings, injuries etc, if you were bossing Atletico would you tell them to get out there & open up? Still though, with a player like Messi you probably never need to keep things tight, what a revelation watching this guy is, far surpassing the best player I had the privilege to see, Maradona, and fast closing in on a player I managed to see a couple of times in his twilight but who from every account I personally have came across is the best the worlds seen, imo, Pele.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Was thinkin maybe Barca were told job is done so just come in a bit, stop playing wide, avoid any bookings, injuries etc, if you were bossing Atletico would you tell them to get out there & open up? Still though, with a player like Messi you probably never need to keep things tight, what a revelation watching this guy is, far surpassing the best player I had the privilege to see, Maradona, and fast closing in on a player I managed to see a couple of times in his twilight but who from every account I personally have came across is the best the worlds seen, imo, Pele.

Maradona was better than Pele.

Worms. Can. Of. Opened. :greengrin

Randerson_4
20-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Athletico are the St Johnstone of Spain.

How?

St Johnstone do not have any players who would be classed as the best in Scotland. Atletico are one of the best sides going forward but cannot defend, which usually makes for a brilliant watch

majorhibs
20-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Maradona was better than Pele.

Worms. Can. Of. Opened. :greengrin

Pele was better than Maradona. Did it more often, in a few different teams. Imo Messi has the potential to be better than Pele. But this road has been travelled before, opinions as they say.