PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

Hibs90
19-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Stack - 6 - Maka back in on Tuesday

McCormack - 5 - Distribution was terrible, never a right back although would make a good center half :wink:
Bamba - 8 - This guy is just the best
Murray - 8 - Typical Murray
Hanlon - 6

McBride - 7
Miller - 6
Rankin - 5 - was he playing?

Wotherspoon - 7
Stokes - 8
Deek - 7

Subs:
Benji - 4
Zemmama - 6
Galbraith - 6

Thoughts?

frazeHFC
19-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Stack - 6 - Maka back in on Tuesday

McCormack - 5 - Distribution was terrible, never a right back although would make a good center half :wink:
Bamba - 8 - This guy is just the best
Murray - 8 - Typical Murray
Hanlon - 6

McBride - 7
Miller - 6
Rankin - 5 - was he playing?

Wotherspoon - 7
Stokes - 8
Deek - 7

Subs:
Benji - 4
Zemmama - 6
Galbraith - 6

Thoughts?

People are posting ratings here - :wink: http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=161723

down-the-slope
19-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Stack 6 - Never really tested although good positioning a couple of times. Kicking on the deck OK. Couple of good sweeping jobs and a couple of howlers that were not punished. Why Why do we punt from hand to dwarf strikers being marked by giants :rolleyes:

Hanlon 6 - Got overloaded first 30 mins as the system seemed to allow him little cover in front. Excellent in second half with good tackling and interceptions

Bamba 8 - Seemed to enjoy the fact he was playing big bruising strikers and dominated in the air, kept it simpler when on the floor as well.

Murray 7 -Decent match without being spectacular. Had his best patch in 2nd half when St. J pressed and made some great tackles getting ball and man to ensure they did not progress. Good having more direction on the pitch from captain

McCormack 6 - Took time to settle (as did most of the team) but his height is an advantage and was often in good positions to receive passes that never came.

Spoony 6 -Did not seem to get on the ball in dangerous areas as much as he did in recent games. Again I think that the system meant he was less effective creatively. Tireless worker

Miller 7 -A bit reticent to get into tackles early but showed some great touches and vision with some of his passing which when more used to team mates and fitter will be devastating. Did a lot of closing and work to kep the midfield from being over run, when it looked likley to happen.

McBride 8 -My clear MoM. I reckon he ran twice as far than any other player. Lost count of the times he was the player covering on edge of the box making the tackle or intercepting. Helped talking McCormack through the game and made the simple but effective passes. He and Miller have the potential to be a really good balanced pairing.

Rankin 6 - Partly a victim of the system where he looked to be covering from central mid out to left mid on his own first 30 mins and so looked as if he was chasing the game a lot. Much better after this when Miller covered over more. Less evident in attack than normal

Riorden 6 - Did try to help out in defence a few times for a change, but did well not to fall over his bottom lip during the game as he seemed to have a battle of wills with the bench over his positioning. Great finish, barr which it would have been a 5

Stokes 7 - So glad he scored as although he was putting in the effort for the team closing down etc you could see his confidence was draining when several passes he made going forward were poor and missed the intended target. Great control, turn and finish for his first and a sweet free kick for second. Showed more willingness to play a team game. (never MOM as given by inebriated sponsors in the ground though) Got better as game went on

Sorry can't be bothered with subs :yawn:

Winston Ingram
19-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Stack 6 - Never really tested although good positioning a couple of times. Kicking on the deck OK. Couple of good sweeping jobs and a couple of howlers that were not punished. Why Why do we punt from hand to dwarf strikers being marked by giants :rolleyes:

Hanlon 6 - Got overloaded first 30 mins as the system seemed to allow him little cover in front. Excellent in second half with good tackling and interceptions

Bamba 8 - Seemed to enjoy the fact he was playing big bruising strikers and dominated in the air, kept it simpler when on the floor as well.

Murray 7 -Decent match without being spectacular. Had his best patch in 2nd half when St. J pressed and made some great tackles getting ball and man to ensure they did not progress. Good having more direction on the pitch from captain

McCormack 6 - Took time to settle (as did most of the team) but his height is an advantage and was often in good positions to receive passes that never came.

Spoony 6 -Did not seem to get on the ball in dangerous areas as much as he did in recent games. Again I think that the system meant he was less effective creatively. Tireless worker

Miller 7 -A bit reticent to get into tackles early but showed some great touches and vision with some of his passing which when more used to team mates and fitter will be devastating. Did a lot of closing and work to kep the midfield from being over run, when it looked likley to happen.

McBride 8 -My clear MoM. I reckon he ran twice as far than any other player. Lost count of the times he was the player covering on edge of the box making the tackle or intercepting. Helped talking McCormack through the game and made the simple but effective passes. He and Miller have the potential to be a really good balanced pairing.

Rankin 6 - Partly a victim of the system where he looked to be covering from central mid out to left mid on his own first 30 mins and so looked as if he was chasing the game a lot. Much better after this when Miller covered over more. Less evident in attack than normal

Riorden 6 - Did try to help out in defence a few times for a change, but did well not to fall over his bottom lip during the game as he seemed to have a battle of wills with the bench over his positioning. Great finish, barr which it would have been a 5

Stokes 7 - So glad he scored as although he was putting in the effort for the team closing down etc you could see his confidence was draining when several passes he made going forward were poor and missed the intended target. Great control, turn and finish for his first and a sweet free kick for second. Showed more willingness to play a team game. (never MOM as given by inebriated sponsors in the ground though) Got better as game went on

Sorry can't be bothered with subs :yawn:

I'd agree with you with the exception that I would give Hanlon a 7 and Miller an 8. I give you however -1 for not being able to spell Riordan

I did think Galbraith was decent when he came on:agree:

fife hfc
19-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Stack 6
McCormack 6
Hanlon 6
Murray 8 mom
Bamba 7
Wotherspoon 6
Miller 6
Mcbride 7
rankin 6
Riordan 6
Stokes 6 though missed his first goal as at the loo:boo hoo:

down-the-slope
19-09-2009, 09:26 PM
I'd agree with you with the exception that I would give Hanlon a 7 and Miller an 8. I give you however -1 for not being able to spell Riordan

I did think Galbraith was decent when he came on:agree:

One spelling mistake and i'm the scapegoat....now that is Hibs class :wink:

PS after a glass or five of wine thats not bad.

PPS Dyslexia Rools KO