Fat Stu
19-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Another keeper with tendancies to have a rush of blood to the head:wink:

Discuss

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Another keeper with tendancies to have a rush of blood to the head:wink:

Discuss

Shouldn't we be looking at the role of the goalie coach in this?

Russdoorsfan71
19-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Jury is still out for me. Going to give the boy sometime before I make a judgment but from what I seen today I was hardly impressed. He didn't have much to do granted, but that run out of the box was shocking!!! And don't even get me started on his distribution!!!! Woeful!!!!

Golden Bear
19-09-2009, 05:33 PM
A 3-0 win. Let's try and concentrate on the positives just for a change.

Hibs90
19-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Maka back in on Tuesday please. :agree:

hibee_girl
19-09-2009, 05:35 PM

:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 05:37 PM

You can't drop a keeper that's just had a clean sheet. That's what it's all about...

Hibs90
19-09-2009, 05:38 PM
You can't drop a keeper that's just had a clean sheet. That's what it's all about...

Yet people call for Maka to be dropped all the time even when he keeps a clean sheet? :confused:

hibee_girl
19-09-2009, 05:38 PM

You can.

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Yet people call for Maka to be dropped all the time even when he keeps a clean sheet? :confused:

I think we need to sell Maka and all his potential in January (AC Milan or the like will probably pay about £7m+) just so all you guys that don't want to give the new boy a chance have nothing to complain about.

Mibbes Aye
I thought Stack got the slightest touch on their shot that hit the crossbar. Anyone confirm?

As for his rush out, it looked a bit clumsy but it forced the Saints player out wide and resulted in nothing for them. Job done :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
You can.

You can but you shouldn't. Doesn't make any sense.

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 05:41 PM
I thought Stack got the slightest touch on their shot that hit the crossbar. Anyone confirm?

The guys on Radio Scotland said he saved it. I don't know if they're reliable enouh sources for the pro-Maka lobby though.

Mibbes Aye
19-09-2009, 05:45 PM
The guys on Radio Scotland said he saved it. I don't know if they're reliable enouh sources for the pro-Maka lobby though.

Cheers DH.

I love the keeper debates. They're sort of like the opposite of logic :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 05:45 PM

Source?

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Cheers DH.

I love the keeper debates. They're sort of like the opposite of logic :greengrin

I find it funny/strange how the pro-Maka guys said it was all Marshall's fault last season but now they're getting tore right into Stack. How come it's never do-do-do-do's fault?

zlatan
Like I said elsewhere he made having nothing to do look difficult today, only came for one cross the whole game, which he got to his credit. Kicking was frankly appalling and the less said about the crazy run out at the end the better.

I like Maka, although not quite as enthusiastically as others on here*, if that were him that done that at the end the place would of went mental it must be said. Happy enough to persevere with Stack as we still have a habit of making our minds up on keepers far to early but today wasn't the greatest performance he'll have in a Hibs shirt I'm sure.

* edit - haha, there he is below me.

Hibs Spain

As for his rush out, it looked a bit clumsy but it forced the Saints player out wide and resulted in nothing for them. Job done :greengrinHe was nowhere near the ball that hit the bar and your second point is so stupid it's not worthy of comment

Hibs90
19-09-2009, 05:49 PM
I find it funny/strange how the pro-Maka guys said it was all Marshall's fault last season but now they're getting tore right into Stack. How come it's never do-do-do-do's fault?

I never said it was Marshall's fault last season yet I still think Maka is a better keeper than Stack and will go on to do well in the game. I'd rather have him in goals than Stack. FWIW, Stack is also a decent keeper but Maka is better.

hibee_girl
19-09-2009, 05:51 PM

Not really tearing into Stack, he looks decent enough apart from not coming off his line and his mazy run this afternoon, it's just my personal preference that Maka is in goals.

Seany HFC 7-0
19-09-2009, 05:51 PM

Exactly mate!!
Aye well done Stack you kept a clean sheet but we are going to drop you.
:confused: Crazy! Stack stays between the sticks! :agree:

Mibbes Aye
19-09-2009, 05:59 PM
He was nowhere near the ball that hit the bar and your second point is so stupid it's not worthy of comment

I'm sure Maka will get his chance again :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
19-09-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm not totally convinced by Stack but I suspect no goalie we can afford will ever be totally convincing! :wink:

His major problem is not coming for crosses. With Jones in the defence, we could get away with this but we were all at sea with crosses today and really needed Stack to make his presence known.

Cool_Hand_Luke
19-09-2009, 06:16 PM
We now have 2 (decent :dunno:) keepers competing for the No 1 spot. If Maka had made a mistake like that today - despite not costing a goal - then i would expect him to be dropped for the next game.
No point in having 2 keepers competing for the position if one makes a bad mistake and keeps his place :agree:

Maka back in for me :agree:

Stacks distribution was terrible today as well :agree:

greenlex
19-09-2009, 06:34 PM

Are you saying it's Maka's fault that Stack had a couple of bombscare moments and some real shocking kick outs?

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Are you saying it's Maka's fault that Stack had a couple of bombscare moments and some real shocking kick outs?

No. Not unless Maka's now the coach. Although as has been revealed elsewhere Maka is the benchmark for all SPL goalies.

What was the other bombscare moment?

woody47
19-09-2009, 06:37 PM
TBH from what I've seen so far I am not too impressed. Doesn't want to come off his line for crosses then charges 30 yards into no man's land for a ball that NO keeper should even think of coming for.
Jury still out.

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Stack has only played 4 games, and as yet he's not let a goal in we could say he was at fault for. That's a vast improvement on Maka at this moment. They both have their faults it would seem, give me the one who does the basics right, and does not concede soft goals.

greenlex
19-09-2009, 06:44 PM
No. Not unless Maka's now the coach. Although as has been revealed elsewhere Maka is the benchmark for all SPL goalies.

What was the other bombscare moment?

I am counting his headed clearance. Greengrin

Hibs Spain
19-09-2009, 07:17 PM

What was the other bombscare moment?Every time a cross or corner came over was chaos. There was even a moment just before half time when THREE defenders had a go at him for not coming for a cross. He clammed up in an instant. All the shouting and bawling instructions mean zippo! He kicked three goal kicks into touch,screwed another three or four into danger areas when kicking from pass backs,the charge out of goal was as ridiculously badly judged as you'll ever see,he's like a lost wee laddie at any kind of cross.You can even sense his inner discomfort when he can see a cross about to come in.Apart from the goal line clearance in the second half there was another shambles that he got away with when the ball double bounced off him after he stayed on his line yet again.. We ended up getting a goal kick.He was a nightmare that by a miracle didn't cost us dearly today and I defy anyone that was there today to say otherwise :grr:

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Every time a cross or corner came over was chaos. There was even a moment just before half time when THREE defenders had a go at him for not coming for a cross. He clammed up in an instant. All the shouting and bawling instructions mean zippo! He kicked three goal kicks into touch,screwed another three or four into danger areas when kicking from pass backs,the charge out of goal was as ridiculously badly judged as you'll ever see,he's like a lost wee laddie at any kind of cross.You can even sense his inner discomfort when he can see a cross about to come in.Apart from the goal line clearance in the second half there was another shambles that he got away with when the ball double bounced off him after he stayed on his line yet again.. We ended up getting a goal kick.He was a nightmare that by a miracle didn't cost us dearly today and I defy anyone that was there today to say otherwise :grr:

The goalie coach must be horrendous then?

Hibs Spain
19-09-2009, 07:25 PM
The goalie coach must be horrendous then?It's that Gaelic channel later.. See for youself :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
19-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Every time a cross or corner came over was chaos. There was even a moment just before half time when THREE defenders had a go at him for not coming for a cross. He clammed up in an instant. All the shouting and bawling instructions mean zippo! He kicked three goal kicks into touch,screwed another three or four into danger areas when kicking from pass backs,the charge out of goal was as ridiculously badly judged as you'll ever see,he's like a lost wee laddie at any kind of cross.You can even sense his inner discomfort when he can see a cross about to come in.Apart from the goal line clearance in the second half there was another shambles that he got away with when the ball double bounced off him after he stayed on his line yet again.. We ended up getting a goal kick.He was a nightmare that by a miracle didn't cost us dearly today and I defy anyone that was there today to say otherwise :grr:

I was there and I'll say otherwise. I thought his kicking was pretty good. Yes, he made a mistake coning for the ball late in the second half but he doesn't look likely to make a mistake like Maka v St Mirren earlier in the season.

The chaos from corners/free kicks was down to good delivery and the fact that Rankin, Miller and McBride win little in the air. Did little wrong today and will start on Tuesday.

TornadoHibby
19-09-2009, 07:30 PM

Only if it was solely down to him that he kept a clean sheet IMO! :wink:

He can thank Ian Murray (clearance off the line second half) and the poor quality of the St Johnstone attack for the clean sheet! :agree:

TornadoHibby
19-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Stack has only played 4 games, and as yet he's not let a goal in we could say he was at fault for. That's a vast improvement on Maka at this moment. They both have their faults it would seem, give me the one who does the basics right, and does not concede soft goals.

Not due to him (http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2180274&postcount=34) though! :wink:

Maka back for Tuesday evening please! :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Only if it was solely down to him that he kept a clean sheet IMO! :wink:

He can thank Ian Murray (clearance off the line second half) and the poor quality of the St Johnstone attack for the clean sheet! :agree:

I'm not sure about that - Maka was credited with a 37% clean sheet record the other day but I'm pretty sure that they weren't all because of him.

Still you and your tribe can use stats how you like. I just think it's unfortunate that you're all desperate for Stack to fail.

Hibs Spain
19-09-2009, 07:53 PM
I was there and I'll say otherwise. I thought his kicking was pretty good. Yes, he made a mistake coning for the ball late in the second half but he doesn't look likely to make a mistake like Maka v St Mirren earlier in the season.

The chaos from corners/free kicks was down to good delivery and the fact that Rankin, Miller and McBride win little in the air. Did little wrong today and will start on Tuesday.Rankin,Miller and McBride?? What are you on about?? When are they ever involved in the six yard box or thereabouts when a cross comes over? There are two recently opened opticians outlets called Vision World.... One in Main St, Davidson's Mains.. The other at 130 Lothian Rd... We can help you.. Identify yourself by your name on here and i will guarantee an improvement in your quality of life.:wink:

BigKev
19-09-2009, 07:55 PM

Utter bolloc*s.

Your pro Maka *****e is beginning to get on my tits. Do you know anything about goalkeeping? Were you ever a keeper?

If he was a nightmare then your hero must be the worst one you've ever had. The *****e you post is unbelievable.

Stack's distribution while not the best was ten times better than Maka who can't hit a green jersey. Yes he had a rush of blood to the head but as you like to point out when Maka makes a mistake - did it cost us a goal??

Did Stack not make two or three good saves or were your blinkers on?

I really hope you get banned shortly because you are a complete and utter fud.

Jonnyboy
19-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Rankin,Miller and McBride?? What are you on about?? When are they ever involved in the six yard box or thereabouts when a cross comes over? There are two recently opened opticians outlets called Vision World.... One in Main St, Davidson's Mains.. The other at 130 Lothian Rd... We can help you.. Identify yourself by your name on here and i will guarantee an improvement in your quality of life.:wink:

At every corner conceded! Rankin guards one of the posts while midfielders Miller and McBride mark opposing players

Simples :greengrin

TornadoHibby
19-09-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm not sure about that - Maka was credited with a 37% clean sheet record the other day but I'm pretty sure that they weren't all because of him.

Still you and your tribe can use stats how you like. I just think it's unfortunate that you're all desperate for Stack to fail.

"Me and my tribe"! :faf:

Wonder exactly what you mean! :dunno:

All I've done is report what I saw today and left out the really scary stuff like the race to the edge of the box only to find himself stranded and very fortunate not to lose a goal at that incident! :agree:

Tell me where I said that I hoped he had fail! :confused:

All I have ever posted on here about Stack is fact - unless you can show me otherwise! :cool2:

Hibs Spain
19-09-2009, 07:59 PM
At every corner conceded! Rankin guards one of the posts while midfielders Miller and McBride mark opposing players

Simples :greengrinI don't think I mentioned corners..

Hibs Spain
19-09-2009, 08:01 PM
I don't think I mentioned corners..In that post..:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
19-09-2009, 08:01 PM
If Maka and Stack read Hibs.net they would be fighting for the coveted spot on the bench, knowing that holder of the jersey will get a huge thread devoted to their shortcomings, even after a clean sheet!

They are not Clown and Zibbi Mark 2, and no matter how traumatised we still are by the reign of those two disasters, we should realise that.

I'm sure St Johnstone fans would rather have had Stack or Maka than Main in goals for them today.

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 08:02 PM

All I've done is report what I saw today and left out the really scary stuff like the race to the edge of the box only to find himself stranded and very fortunate not to lose a goal at that incident! :agree:

All I have ever posted on here about Stack is fact - unless you can show me otherwise! :cool2:

I can see where you're going with your 1st comment - it was just a turn of phrase and don't appreciate what you're trying to do.

Although you've not said it the way you and your gang are picking fault with Stack leads me to think you want the guy to fail. At best you don't want him to succeed. :wink:

Jonnyboy
19-09-2009, 08:02 PM
I don't think I mentioned corners..

You're right, you didn't but what you did say was ...........

When are they ever involved in the six yard box or thereabouts when a cross comes over?

......... and I said at corners. I based my answer on the fact that when opposing teams win a corner they tend to cross the ball into the box :wink:

So are you saying all crosses or just some, the latter being the ones that give you the best opportunity to slate Stack?

Hibs Spain
19-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Utter bolloc*s.

Your pro Maka *****e is beginning to get on my tits. Do you know anything about goalkeeping? Were you ever a keeper?

If he was a nightmare then your hero must be the worst one you've ever had. The *****e you post is unbelievable.

Stack's distribution while not the best was ten times better than Maka who can't hit a green jersey. Yes he had a rush of blood to the head but as you like to point out when Maka makes a mistake - did it cost us a goal??

I really hope you get banned shortly because you are a complete and utter fud. I didn't see him make any saves other than a simple gather from a weak long range shot in the first half and a basic pick- up from an overhead kick in the second half.

lucky
19-09-2009, 08:08 PM
This whole debate is easy for me, when Makka is goal I expect him to make an error as such always have my heart in month when the ball goes near him. With Stack he is steady enough with no stupid errors. some on hear have had a go at him for not coming for corners well he did today and punched the ball clear.

BigKev
19-09-2009, 08:09 PM
I didn't see him make any saves other than a simple gather from a weak long range shot in the first half and a basic pick- up from an overhead kick in the second half.

Shows how blind you are then.

Hibs Spain
19-09-2009, 08:11 PM
You're right, you didn't but what you did say was ...........

When are they ever involved in the six yard box or thereabouts when a cross comes over?

......... and I said at corners. I based my answer on the fact that when opposing teams win a corner they tend to cross the ball into the box :wink:

So are you saying all crosses or just some, the latter being the ones that give you the best opportunity to slate Stack?Well,the latter. Crosses during passages of play.And it would be your subjective view that I slate Stack. I simply say it as I see it.

Hibs Spain
19-09-2009, 08:14 PM
This whole debate is easy for me, when Makka is goal I expect him to make an error as such always have my heart in month when the ball goes near him. With Stack he is steady enough with no stupid errors. some on hear have had a go at him for not coming for corners well he did today and punched the ball clear.Once.. Out of God knows how many corners/crosses.

Jonnyboy
19-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Well,the latter. Crosses during passages of play.And it would be your subjective view that I slate Stack. I simply say it as I see it.

The way I see it is that you champion Maka at every opportunity and in truth I have no problem with that BUT you use disparaging and often unfounded comments re Stack to boost your case! Plain truth is that neither of them give the support an air of confidence :agree:

hibsbollah
19-09-2009, 08:16 PM
If Maka and Stack read Hibs.net they would be fighting for the coveted spot on the bench, knowing that holder of the jersey will get a huge thread devoted to their shortcomings, even after a clean sheet!

They are not Clown and Zibbi Mark 2, and no matter how traumatised we still are by the reign of those two disasters, we should realise that.

I'm sure St Johnstone fans would rather have had Stack or Maka than Main in goals for them today.

:agree: Its all getting a bit embarassing.

lEXO
19-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Well,the latter. Crosses during passages of play.And it would be your subjective view that I slate Stack. I simply say it as I see it.
Your slating of Stack and the way you defend Maka are pretty hypocritical man.You slate guys who have a go at Maka, but then have a pop at Stack in the same manner.Both will get my support, but if they mess up i,ll say so and move on.

Hibs Spain
19-09-2009, 08:20 PM
The way I see it is that you champion Maka at every opportunity and in truth I have no problem with that BUT you use disparaging and often unfounded comments re Stack to boost your case! Plain truth is that neither of them give the support an air of confidence :agree:Disparaging is you being subjective. I would be really keen to hear from you which of my comments re Stack are unfounded and more interestingly WHY they are unfounded :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Your slating of Stack and the way you defend Maka are pretty hypocritical man.You slate guys who have a go at Maka, but then have a pop at Stack in the same manner.Both will get my support, but if they mess up i,ll say so and move on.

:top marks

Jonnyboy
19-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Disparaging is you being subjective. I would be really keen to hear from you which of my comments re Stack are unfounded and more interestingly WHY they are unfounded :confused:

No point really HS because you'll only tell me they're my view which you don't share and then suggest I see an optician :wink:

Hibs Spain
19-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Shows how blind you are then.You weren't there were you? :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Disparaging is you being subjective. I would be really keen to hear from you which of my comments re Stack are unfounded and more interestingly WHY they are unfounded :confused:

I'd imagine that Due to you slagging Stack off before he had even pulled on a Hibs jersey your views are easily dismissed.

BigKev
19-09-2009, 08:25 PM

I refer to my previous question - have you ever played in goals or is your love in with Maka purely emotional?

Fat Stu
19-09-2009, 08:25 PM
where is the "throw in the grenade and run away smilie".

FWIW i'd rather have maka in goals, comes for crosses and take pressure of the defence alot of the time, fantastic shot stopperand great at 1 on 1's. Although stacks done very little wrong from what i've seen, so I wouldn't drop him.

Hibs Spain
19-09-2009, 08:33 PM

FWIW i'd rather have maka in goals, comes for crosses and take pressure of the defence alot of the time, fantastic shot stopperand great at 1 on 1's. Although stacks done very little wrong from what i've seen, so I wouldn't drop him.Christ! You definitely can't be going to the games. If you're judging things by goal losses or reading papers or whatever I suppose you can be excused that comment. But PLEASE believe me, he is all over the place at any kind of cross... It is by a whole lot of luck rather than judgment that hasn't let in a barrow load :cool2:

sahib
19-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Maka or Stack
Stacka or Mak
Which ever one plays
There are fans on his back.

That **** McGough made a good living out of stuff like that.:offski:

Wotherspiniesta
19-09-2009, 08:39 PM

FWIW i'd rather have maka in goals, comes for crosses and take pressure of the defence alot of the time, fantastic shot stopperand great at 1 on 1's. Although stacks done very little wrong from what i've seen, so I wouldn't drop him.

That's my opinion on it aswell. I'm with the Maka tribe :duck:

khib70
19-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Utter bolloc*s.

I really hope you get banned shortly because you are a complete and utter fud.
Were you watching the game blindfolded? Stack was rank. He might have well been embedded in concrete for all the attempts he made to get to crosses, and his kicking was diabolical. And no, he didn't make two or three good saves.

But obviously, anyone who disagrees with you is a fud and should be banned. What a sad individual you are:bye:

lEXO
19-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Christ! You definitely can't be going to the games. If you're judging things by goal losses or reading papers or whatever I suppose you can be excused that comment. But PLEASE believe me, he is all over the place at any kind of cross... It is by a whole lot of luck rather than judgment that hasn't let in a barrow load :cool2:
You really are making it difficult to take you seriously.I have been at every game Stack has played bar the Hamilton game.He has not been anywhere near as bad as you make out.Did you see his save from Samaras in the celtic game?Or do you just choose to pick out mistakes?(real or imaginary)This is the same **** that Maka get,s and i find that as nauseating as your slating of Stack.Do you go to Hibs games to support the team,or to find reasons to slag off individual players?

BigKev
19-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Were you watching the game blindfolded? Stack was rank. He might have well been embedded in concrete for all the attempts he made to get to crosses, and his kicking was diabolical. And no, he didn't make two or three good saves.

But obviously, anyone who disagrees with you is a fud and should be banned. What a sad individual you are:bye:

Is that right fanny ba?

Evidently you're pro Maka and every one else is wrong.

Get a grip - your embarrassing yourself.

Idiot.

lEXO
19-09-2009, 08:43 PM

Ditto
:rolleyes:

thebakerboy
19-09-2009, 08:46 PM
We seem to have a problem with defending crosses , today they could have scored at least 4 or 5 if they had been up to it, so although I thought both Murray and Bamba played OK , I am worried about why this is happening. We have 4 CH playing in back 4 so this should be the least of our problems but maybe we have little confidence in our keepers. Is this a historical problem over the last few years and if so how do we get rid of it. I do think we have two fair keepers but after today I think Maka should be back in for a good run or until he makes a real major cockup then try Stack again.

lEXO
19-09-2009, 08:51 PM
We seem to have a problem with defending crosses , today they could have scored at least 4 or 5 if they had been up to it, so although I thought both Murray and Bamba played OK , I am worried about why this is happening. We have 4 CH playing in back 4 so this should be the least of our problems but maybe we have little confidence in our keepers. Is this a historical problem over the last few years and if so how do we get rid of it. I do think we have two fair keepers but after today I think Maka should be back in for a good run or until he makes a real major cockup then try Stack again.
I think the amount of time that teams get to get crosses in to our box doesn,t help either.3 man midfield doesn,t give us enough width and our full backs are left wide open for men coming at them.It,s not just Stack thats had problems with this Maka has to, and so has any back four over the last 2 years.That needs to be addressed as well, not just the goalkeeping.

BigKev
19-09-2009, 08:52 PM
I think the amount of time that teams get to get crosses in to our box doesn,t help either.3 man midfield doesn,t give us enough width and our full backs are left wide open for men coming at them.It,s not just Stack thats had problems with this Maka has to, and so has any back four over the last 2 years.That needs to be addressed as well, not just the goalkeeping.

4 man midfield today though..

Hibs Spain
19-09-2009, 08:53 PM
You really are making it difficult to take you seriously.I have been at every game Stack has played bar the Hamilton game.He has not been anywhere near as bad as you make out.Did you see his save from Samaras in the celtic game?Or do you just choose to pick out mistakes?(real or imaginary)This is the same **** that Maka get,s and i find that as nauseating as your slating of Stack.Do you go to Hibs games to support the team,or to find reasons to slag off individual players? I go to Hib's games to hopefully see them win every single game they play.And I put my views over as I see things.And if I see something that I think can be improved within the perameters of realism in relation to our position in the world of football,I'll try and make a point,in the hope that that point might be heard somewhere down the line.In the case of Stack,I really believe he is bog standard crap in comparison to Maka.

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Well i have just watched the match, and apart from making the wrong decision about coming out his box, not sure Stack did much wrong? :confused:

RickyS
19-09-2009, 08:57 PM

Stack should have stayed on his line, he will know that and hopefully wont do it again. so far his record is one bomb scare moment every 4 matches. rather than every 4 minutes:duck:

BigKev
19-09-2009, 08:59 PM
I go to Hib's games to hopefully see them win every single game they play.And I put my views over as I see things.And if I see something that I think can be improved within the perameters of realism in relation to our position in the world of football,I'll try and make a point,in the hope that that point might be heard somewhere down the line.In the case of Stack,I really believe he is bog standard crap in comparison to Maka.

You're bonkers :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 08:59 PM
In the case of Stack,I really believe he is bog standard crap in comparison to Maka.

You believed that before he had played for us - you had made your mind up before the guy pulled on the jersey.

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Stack should have stayed on his line, he will know that and hopefully wont do it again. so far his record is one bomb scare moment every 4 matches. rather than every 4 minutes:duck:

Maybe he's been reading the experts on here. They've been complaining he doesn't come off his line. :dunno:

RickyS
19-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Well i have just watched the match, and apart from making the wrong decision about coming out his box, not sure Stack did much wrong? :confused:

me neither, a couple of bye kicks in to the east is all i saw wrong with his distribution? granted I was pi**in an unusually high amount today

fife hfc
19-09-2009, 09:03 PM

:agree: could not put it better myself.

Hibs Spain
Well i have just watched the match, and apart from making the wrong decision about coming out his box, not sure Stack did much wrong? :confused:He wasn't wandering about his box like a drunk then? Wandering about like drunk OUTSIDE his box meets your approval?:rolleyes:

lEXO
I go to Hib's games to hopefully see them win every single game they play.And I put my views over as I see things.And if I see something that I think can be improved within the perameters of realism in relation to our position in the world of football,I'll try and make a point,in the hope that that point might be heard somewhere down the line.In the case of Stack,I really believe he is bog standard crap in comparison to Maka.
I kinda got your view on stack with the Why is,nt Stack getting stick? thread.This constant he,s doing everything ***** line is tiresome.When someone on this thread earlier disagreed with you, they were asked?Where you at the game?Being blinkered is one thing, but to slaughter one player in the same manner you criticise others for attacking Maka is outwith the parameters of realism or fairness.Did you see his save against Celtic or did you have your blinkers on?

RickyS
19-09-2009, 09:06 PM
your entitled to your opinion m8, but those words are very strong. how many spl managers would swap their first choice for Maka?

lEXO
19-09-2009, 09:07 PM
He wasn't wandering about his box like a drunk then? Wandering about like drunk OUTSIDE his box meets your approval?:rolleyes:
I think your wandering about pissed out of your box.And no this does meet with my approval.

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2009, 09:09 PM
He wasn't wandering about his box like a drunk then? Wandering about like drunk OUTSIDE his box meets your approval?:rolleyes:

I think he had been watching Maka a little too much, and the wandering about like a drunk in a strange pub had caught on. Although when Maka does it, it does tend to end up with the ball in our net. Stack has not mastered that bit yet.:top marks

Hibs Spain
19-09-2009, 09:09 PM
I kinda got your view on stack with the Why is,nt Stack getting stick? thread.This constant he,s doing everything ***** line is tiresome.When someone on this thread earlier disagreed with you, they were asked?Where you at the game?Being blinkered is one thing, but to slaughter one player in the same manner you criticise others for attacking Maka is outwith the parameters of realism or fairness.Did you see his save against Celtic or did you have your blinkers on?The save that Samaras hit straight at him? The one that he probably couldn't have not saved unless he had spontaneously combusted at that very moment? That one?

Jonnyboy
19-09-2009, 09:12 PM
The save that Samaras hit straight at him? The one that he probably couldn't have not saved unless he had spontaneously combusted at that very moment? That one?

Question: Why do you take such obvious delight in criticising a Hibs player? Sometimes you come across as Hibs Pain :wink:

lEXO
19-09-2009, 09:15 PM
The save that Samaras hit straight at him? The one that he probably couldn't have not saved unless he had spontaneously combusted at that very moment? That one?
Yes thats the one.Just as well for us that they have a forward as bad as he is a goalie eh.Glad you seen it through your blinkers, or wre you told later by your nurse at the royal ed?

RickyS
19-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Yes thats the one.Just as well for us that they have a forward as bad as he is a goalie eh.Glad you seen it through your blinkers, or wre you told later by your nurse at the royal ed?

:faf:

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 09:18 PM

TBF to you - on the telly it did look like he hit at straight at him. From the seat I was in it looked like Stack covered the goals and made a good save. And another from Killen - I think that one made the highlights as well in case you missed the live coverage. :wink:

JoeT_WasTheBest
19-09-2009, 09:23 PM
This whole debate is easy for me, when Makka is goal I expect him to make an error as such always have my heart in month when the ball goes near him. With Stack he is steady enough with no stupid errors. some on hear have had a go at him for not coming for corners well he did today and punched the ball clear.

That's how I see it too, so far. He's not shot the lights out but so far he's an improvement on Maka.

ArabHibee
19-09-2009, 09:26 PM
So our first clique have outed themselves!! The "we love Maka and would still say he was better than Casillas if Hibs signed him!"

Chairperson
Hibs Spain

Members
Meeko
hibee_girl
TornadoHibby
Wotherspiniesta
khib70

Will never get membership in a month of Sundays:
Danderhall Hibs
BigKev
lucky
lEXO
RickyS

:tee hee:

lEXO
19-09-2009, 09:36 PM
So our first clique have outed themselves!! The "we love Maka and would still say he was better than Casillas if Hibs signed him!"

Chairperson
Hibs Spain

Members
Meeko
hibee_girl
TornadoHibby
Wotherspiniesta
khib70

Will never get membership in a month of Sundays:
Danderhall Hibs
BigKev
lucky
lEXO
RickyS

:tee hee:

:faf:

TornadoHibby
19-09-2009, 09:45 PM

All I have ever posted on here about Stack is fact - unless you can show me otherwise!

I can see where you're going with your 1st comment - it was just a turn of phrase and don't appreciate what you're trying to do.

Although you've not said it the way you and your gang are picking fault with Stack leads me to think you want the guy to fail. At best you don't want him to succeed. :wink:

You have no idea who I am and know nothing about me (other than what I post about on here) so please don't insult me by pretending that "you can see where I am going :blah: :blah: etc!").

I am not a member of any gang and any views I post on here are entirely mine because I believe them to be the case! :confused:

Now, How's about doing me the courtesy of replying to the questions I posed which you have carefully avoided so far!? I have emboldened them above to make things easier for you to see what I am referring to! :wink:

Can't wait! :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Now, How's about doing me the courtesy of replying to the questions I posed which you have carefully avoided so far!? I have emboldened them above to make things easier for you to see what I am referring to! :wink:

Can't wait! :greengrin

I answered your question earlier on.

Apologies if you weren't trying to insinuate what I thought you were.

Hibbie_Cameron
19-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Never felt he done much wrong tbh. The wander out his box was a bit worrying but in strange sort of way he forced their striker wide, making it more difficult for him to score

TornadoHibby
19-09-2009, 09:50 PM
I answered your question earlier on.

Apologies if you weren't trying to insinuate what I thought you were.

Apologies accepted! :greengrin

However, where did you reply to my questions as I can't seem to find it!? :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 09:53 PM
However, where did you reply to my questions as I can't seem to find it!? :confused:

I said this..

archiebald
19-09-2009, 09:53 PM
No Nish-so its pick on Stack week :agree:

TornadoHibby
19-09-2009, 09:57 PM
I said this..

So it's simply your opinion that I somehow "want Stack to fail" etc :blah: :blah:! :faf: :faf:

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story eh? :wink:

I see I'm also now listed in the "Maka's better than Casillas" "tribe" probably as a result of other people's opinions rather than anything I have actually posted here!

And here's me thinking that only happened on Brokeback! :greengrin

TornadoHibby
19-09-2009, 09:58 PM

Brilliant! :faf: :faf: :faf:

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 09:59 PM
So it's simply your opinion that I somehow "want Stack to fail" etc :blah: :blah:! :faf: :faf:

I see I'm also now listed in the "Maka's better than Casillas" "tribe" probably as a result of other people's opinions rather than anything I have actually posted here!

I prefer "gang"

TornadoHibby
19-09-2009, 10:02 PM
I prefer "gang"

Off to watch MOTD if I can't get anything sensible in response to reasonable points and questions! :agree::cool2:

You guys can make it all up and I'll read it (or maybe not) tomorrow! :wink: :greengrin

Have fun! :faf:

:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2009, 10:02 PM

I think it would be unfair to stack :wink: Maka and Nish together. Nish deserves a whole thread of his own too.:devil:

lEXO
19-09-2009, 10:05 PM

I,m not in the clique and that,s a result of someone elses humour.That would never happen on brokeback.:wink:

ArabHibee
19-09-2009, 10:36 PM

I prefer "gang"

FFS!! It's a CLIQUE!!!! :grr: Have neither of you been paying attention this week! :rolleyes:

oconnors_strip
19-09-2009, 10:50 PM
christ what a lot of nonsense posts here, wouldnt like to guess how many pages a thread will be when stack has a bad game:greengrin

BEEJ
19-09-2009, 10:51 PM
This would appear to be the tedious 'sport' on the main board now every week.

:troll:

Hibs Spain
19-09-2009, 11:17 PM
TBF to you - on the telly it did look like he hit at straight at him. From the seat I was in it looked like Stack covered the goals and made a good save. And another from Killen - I think that one made the highlights as well in case you missed the live coverage. :wink:You'll be against video eidence then? :greengrin

jgl07
19-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Stack definately touched it onto the crossbar.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Graham Stack - clean sheet yesterday. No reason to drop him.

Thread closed.

Sorry Hibs Spain, try again on Tuesday night after Stack stupidly, yet successfully, catches a ball with one hand.....because catching it with two hands is how it should be done and Maka would have caught it with two hands in his sleep. :wink:

Hibs Spain
20-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Stack definately touched it onto the crossbar.Rubbish.. Absolute rubbish !!

blackpoolhibs
20-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Seconds out, round 2.

Golden Bear
20-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Rubbish.. Absolute rubbish !!

Should have gone to Specsavers?!

:greengrin

lapsedhibee
20-09-2009, 08:57 AM
I'm also now listed in the "Maka's better than Casillas" "tribe"

I prefer "gang"

FFS!! It's a CLIQUE!!!! :grr:

FFS!!! Three pages and no-one's yet taken the trouble to explain the difference between tribe, gang and clique!!!! This is very confusing for people sitting on the fence, not in anyone's lobby!!!!! :grr:

Hibs Spain
20-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Should have gone to Specsavers?!

:greengrin I don't think so. "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" .. So I can see things crystal clear! :wink:

lEXO
20-09-2009, 10:26 AM
I don't think so. "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" .. So I can see things crystal clear! :wink:
:jamboak:

Cropley10
20-09-2009, 10:46 AM

These posts are hilarious. I am so glad I don't sit anywhere near you at ER as you must be a nightmare at games. You have absolutely NO credibility but you still think you're an expert. :faf:

Maka has made a whole DVD's full of errors; my favourite worst mightmare is the wander off his line to the edge of the 6 yard box, leaving an empty net for Hearts in the Cup game. Stack hasn't even come close to one of these yet...

Toaods
20-09-2009, 10:50 AM
yet...

:wink:

Cropley10
20-09-2009, 10:51 AM
I didn't see him make any saves other than a simple gather from a weak long range shot in the first half and a basic pick- up from an overhead kick in the second half.

So you conveniently missed the punch away he had in the first half, when all the defenders were making a James Hunt of it..

Toaods
20-09-2009, 11:07 AM
on the basis that all keepers in form need luck on their side, I'll base yesterdays summary of Stack's performance on he got away with it.

His mad rush:

did force Deuchar wide but not wide enough, as he had time to score but for my money's worth, rushed his effort on seeing Bamba racing back to the goals.

The header:
Wrong side of the pitch for me but duidn't look dodgy, though Yogi looked none too chuffed.

Kicks: lots of people on here seem to be of the opinion his kicking was acceptable. I can only surmise this is generally based on P6-7 rules of 'if it goes for miles, it's great.' he certainly gets plenty loft and distance but how often did it go straight down the throat of McCaffrey & Co and come straightback? As for those kicks that went straight out - one of them cleared my head by about 20 feet and I'm in row H. :bitchy:

For future discussions - based on what the best keepers appear to do...the preferred target area is somewhere just past halfway and inside the line for a flick on or controlled ball.:cool2:

Like Maka and Mcneill before him, I thought he showed quite a deal of inexperience at times. One strange moment I noticed in the first half was when he let the ball roll out for a goal kick at his right hand post when he could easily have picked it up unchallenged.

There's faults in there for sure and the staying on the line seems to be the worst - he'll need to sharpen it up before the opposition get clued up on his weaknesses.

Toaods
20-09-2009, 11:12 AM
So you conveniently missed the punch away he had in the first half, when all the defenders were making a James Hunt of it..

I thought he could have caught it...:cool2:

archiebald
20-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Best keeper out of at least last six :agree:

Franck is God
20-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Stack's performance yesterday can be described as only one thing. Lucky!

He remained rooted to his line for most of the game as St Johnstone predictably threw as many crosses as they could manage into our six yard box, he came off his line once and punched it which was fair enough but it hardly put them off in the same way a commanding keepers performance would. Again he made the saves you would expect any keeper to make but racing off his line was dreadful decision making and was very lucky to get away with it and maybe that will be the difference with him?

Watching Maka & McNeil over the last couple of seasons I don't remember thinking at any point 'he was lucky to get away with that' most keepers get there share of luck when they make mistakes as Stack did yesterday but maybe our two have just didn't have that rub of the green?

Its just my opinion but i think that Maka is the better keeper of the two, I don't think that Stack is crap just that he should be cover, an opinion that has been shared by every club he has been at so far....

wee 162
20-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Tell you what, after reading this if Ma-Kalambay never had came out for a cross in his Hibs career he'd be rated higher by a significant number of our support. And we'd have lost more goals.

Toaods
20-09-2009, 12:02 PM
he should be cover, an opinion that has been shared by every club he has been at so far....

thats what a few of us were saying...can't argue with the clubs on the CV but he never owned the jersey at any of them.

Golden Bear
20-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Stack's performance yesterday can be described as only one thing. Lucky!

He remained rooted to his line for most of the game as St Johnstone predictably threw as many crosses as they could manage into our six yard box, he came off his line once and punched it which was fair enough but it hardly put them off in the same way a commanding keepers performance would. Again he made the saves you would expect any keeper to make but racing off his line was dreadful decision making and was very lucky to get away with it and maybe that will be the difference with him?

Watching Maka & McNeil over the last couple of seasons I don't remember thinking at any point 'he was lucky to get away with that' most keepers get there share of luck when they make mistakes as Stack did yesterday but maybe our two have just didn't have that rub of the green?

Its just my opinion but i think that Maka is the better keeper of the two, I don't think that Stack is crap just that he should be cover, an opinion that has been shared by every club he has been at so far....

The difference being that his previous clubs all had first class goalkeepers as their number 1's -------- something that certainly can't be said in our case!

.SeventyFive
20-09-2009, 12:06 PM
I like Stack. I like that he is a bit mad and he looked to tip the ball onto the crossbar early which if it had went in we would have had to come a long way to win the way we were playing.

Neck as thick as a the engine on an airplane too.

Franck is God
20-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Tell you what, after reading this if Ma-Kalambay never had came out for a cross in his Hibs career he'd be rated higher by a significant number of our support. And we'd have lost more goals.

That was the exact point i was trying to make when I started the thread last week. Stack is not a keeper that will win you a game by doing anything special, he may not lose the kind of goal that Cech did the other week but then he won't pull off the unexpected save to win the game either.

The question is what kind of keeper do we want at ER? David James has done ok for himself despite picking up the 'Calamity' nickname. Capable of brilliance prone to error? Sometimes thats the trade of you have to make.

Hibs Spain
20-09-2009, 12:11 PM
These posts are hilarious. I am so glad I don't sit anywhere near you at ER as you must be a nightmare at games. You have absolutely NO credibility but you still think you're an expert. :faf:

Maka has made a whole DVD's full of errors; my favourite worst mightmare is the wander off his line to the edge of the 6 yard box, leaving an empty net for Hearts in the Cup game. Stack hasn't even come close to one of these yet...It was by a lot of luck that we weren't a few down after 15 mins.. cross after cross and Stack was lost. He just can't do it. Last 15 mins was the same he was nowhere at crosses and I wouldn't be surprised if Murray's clearance was a goal.3-1... Deuchar scores 3-2 and they're throwing balls into the box in the safe knowledge that Stack won't be coming for anything .. Could have been a real sickener. Make no mistake,we were lucky to win that game!

The_Horde
20-09-2009, 12:21 PM
It was by a lot of luck that we weren't a few down after 15 mins.. cross after cross and Stack was lost. He just can't do it. Last 15 mins was the same he was nowhere at crosses and I wouldn't be surprised if Murray's clearance was a goal.3-1... Deuchar scores 3-2 and they're throwing balls into the box in the safe knowledge that Stack won't be coming for anything .. Could have been a real sickener. Make no mistake,we were lucky to win that game!

No, they were throwing crosses into the box because our defense, Bamba apart, were hopeless at defending them.

And have been even with Maka in goal.

J-C
20-09-2009, 12:30 PM
I can't beliebe all the petty arguments on this thread concerning Stack, yes he went walk about at the end, his kicking was average and he still looks uncomfortable at crosses.
Then we have Maka, comes for crosses but the ball sometimes looks like a bar of soap in his hands, kicking and distribution is decidedly average, prone to make huge bloopers and cost us but his 1 on 1 shot stopping is first class.

So in a nutshell, both are about the same as each other, good points and bad ones which make no difference who is in goal for us, lets just get behind whoever is in goal and give them our support.

Hibs90
20-09-2009, 12:32 PM
I can't beliebe all the petty arguments on this thread concerning Stack, yes he went walk about at the end, his kicking was average and he still looks uncomfortable at crosses.
Then we have Maka, comes for crosses but the ball sometimes looks like a bar of soap in his hands, kicking and distribution is decidedly average, prone to make huge bloopers and cost us but his 1 on 1 shot stopping is first class.

So in a nutshell, both are about the same as each other, good points and bad ones which make no difference who is in goal for us, lets just get behind whoever is in goal and give them our support.

Except Maka is younger and will only improve. Maka for me.:agree:

The_Horde
20-09-2009, 12:36 PM

Although Stack's kicking/distribution in general is normally spot on IMO.

Something to do with his injury?

--------
20-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Question: Why do you take such obvious delight in criticising a Hibs player? Sometimes you come across as Hibs Pain :wink:

This whole thing's giving me a pain, J.

Every goal we concede has to be the fault of whichever keeper happens to have been playing. It can't be down to an outfield player not closing his man down quick enough, or a defender playing a suicide passback, or even just the normal alarums and excursions of a football game.

It HAS to be the fault of Maka or Stack (or Staka or Mack or Macstaka or whoever) and the guilty party must be BINNED! NOW! Without passing GO! Without collecting his £200! He must be GONE! Depending on whether the poster's a Makamaniac or a Grahamgroupie.

Counting up, Hughes has brought in Stack, McBride, Cregg, Galbraith, Stokes, and Miller; he's got Benji and Zouma back; McCann is returning to fitness; Wotherspoon, McCormack and Hanlon are young players playing regularly who weren't doing so last season. That's 6 players in, 3 players promoted from the reserves, 2 players returning from loan; and a player returning from long-term injury. 12 in all.

IMO he's still looking for his best 11; the squad will have to be given time to gel, and defending one player by damning another isn't helping anyone.

For those who think WE'VE got troubles - did anyone see WBA-Boro last night? Looked like the Boro team had just met up in the dressingroom half-an-hour before the game.....

Southgate? :chop:

Toaods
20-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Although Stack's kicking/distribution in general is normally spot on IMO.

Something to do with his injury?

can't be - we are told he passed a fitness test before the game. Not much point in having a fitness test with another keeper at the ready and playing him.

Jonnyboy
20-09-2009, 12:46 PM
FAO Hibs Spain

I'm pretty sure you suggested Stack had no saves to make against the Saints?

Stats from the match show St. J had five shots on target

Murray cleared one with his foot

Can you remind me who stopped the other four going into the net?

Toaods
20-09-2009, 12:52 PM
FAO Hibs Spain

Can you remind me who stopped the other four going into the net?

These official match stats are as much use as a chocolate u-know-what.
What were the 4 saves??

I recall one ball through he stoped at chest height which was never any real threat.

he done well when diving in at Murray Davidson's feet but that didn't amount to a shot on target.

The Punch wouldn't have counted as one?

Jonnyboy
20-09-2009, 12:54 PM
What were the 4 saves??

I recall one ball through he stoped at chest height which was never any real threat.

I don't keep the stats D. Using figures quoted in SoS

The one in the second half where he dived at the feet of Murray Davidson?

Hibs Spain
20-09-2009, 01:06 PM
FAO Hibs Spain

Can you remind me who stopped the other four going into the net?I remember a weak long ranger just before half time,an easy pick up from an overhead kick in the second half ..Any others must have been deemed shots on a technicallity :greengrin

Jonnyboy
20-09-2009, 01:09 PM
I remember a weak long ranger just before half time,an easy pick up from an overhead kick in the second half ..Any others must have been deemed shots on a technicallity :greengrin

You're clearly a Maka fan (D'oh :greengrin) and that's fair enough but your seeming inability to acknowledge anything done well by Stack whilst turning a blind eye to Maka's faults weakens your stance considerably IMO :wink:

Hibs Spain
20-09-2009, 01:30 PM

You're clearly a Maka fan (D'oh :greengrin) and that's fair enough but your seeming inability to acknowledge anything done well by Stack whilst turning a blind eye to Maka's faults weakens your stance considerably IMO :wink:I'm not here to be weakened or strengthened.And I don't take a stance.I simply reflect on what I see.And in Stack I see a very very average keeper with NO outstanding attributes ..

Jonnyboy
20-09-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm not here to be weakened or strengthened.And I don't take a stance.I simply reflect on what I see.And in Stack I see a very very average keeper with NO outstanding attributes ..

And others see a young, inexperienced and often shaky Maka

Opinions eh? :wink:

Hibs Spain
20-09-2009, 01:33 PM
And others see a young, inexperienced and often shaky Maka

Opinions eh? :wink:One of the things that make the world go round :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
20-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm not here to be weakened or strengthened.And I don't take a stance.I simply reflect on what I see.And in Stack I see a very very average keeper with NO outstanding attributes ..

and at the minute I'd rather have a average but steady goalkeeper than a "potentially" good goalie who still makes regular goal-costing errors.
Maka has plenty time

Hibs Spain
20-09-2009, 01:44 PM
and at the minute I'd rather have a average but steady goalkeeper than a "potentially" good goalie who still makes regular goal-costing errors.
Maka has plenty timeAnd having crosses coming in from all angles and not coming for them aren't errors?

CallumLaidlaw
20-09-2009, 01:48 PM
And having crosses coming in from all angles and not coming for them aren't errors?

To me, if the team know that the keeper isnt going to be coming for the ball, they know that they have to deal with it, and he wont be getting in the way. With Maka, you never know if he's gonna come or not, and if he will actually hold onto the ball

Hibs Spain
20-09-2009, 02:03 PM
To me, if the team know that the keeper isnt going to be coming for the ball, they know that they have to deal with it, and he wont be getting in the way. With Maka, you never know if he's gonna come or not, and if he will actually hold onto the ballThree defenders almost had Stack by the throat in the first half for not coming for a ball.So that theory's out the windae :greengrin

lEXO
20-09-2009, 04:03 PM

You're clearly a Maka fan (D'oh :greengrin) and that's fair enough but your seeming inability to acknowledge anything done well by Stack whilst turning a blind eye to Maka's faults weakens your stance considerably IMO :wink:
:top marks

:rolleyes:

Toaods
20-09-2009, 04:14 PM
The one in the second half where he dived at the feet of Murray Davidson?

archiebald
20-09-2009, 05:34 PM
We did win 3-0 didnt we :confused:

Bishop Hibee
20-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Having been at the game and now watched the highlights online, it's clear to me that our full backs and midget midfielders inability to win a header is more of a problem than Stack's goal keeping.

Bishop Hibee
20-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Rankin,Miller and McBride?? What are you on about?? When are they ever involved in the six yard box or thereabouts when a cross comes over? There are two recently opened opticians outlets called Vision World.... One in Main St, Davidson's Mains.. The other at 130 Lothian Rd... We can help you.. Identify yourself by your name on here and i will guarantee an improvement in your quality of life.:wink:

Were you at the game? Where do you think our midfielders stand? Hanging about outside the box? I think you might benefit from a trip to Specsavers. As posted above, our full backs hardly covered themselves in glory at cross balls either.

I'm not saying Maka is a dreadful keeper. We've all seen enough of Zibi, Brown and Ollie to know what a bad keeper is. From what I've seen, Stack for me is a safer pair of hands.

Dashing Bob S
20-09-2009, 05:49 PM
...ah-ha...saviour of the universe...do do do do....

BEEJ
20-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Make no mistake,we were lucky to win that game!

We did win 3-0 didnt we :confused:
Yes, but apparently we fluked it. :hilarious

There are wind-up merchants.....and then there's Hibs Pain.

ancient hibee
20-09-2009, 05:59 PM
When you see Ben Foster in action it's quite clear that we have two goalies of EPL standards.

ArabHibee
20-09-2009, 06:58 PM
What were the 4 saves??

he done well when diving in at Murray Davidson's feet but that didn't amount to a shot on target.

The Punch wouldn't have counted as one?

What is a chocolate u-know-what?:dunno:

Danderhall Hibs
20-09-2009, 07:06 PM
When you see Ben Foster in action it's quite clear that we have two goalies of EPL standards.

What about Shay Given - he barely came off his line today. He must be really pish?

lapsedhibee
20-09-2009, 07:11 PM
What is a chocolate u-know-what?:dunno:

Chocolate ashtray. As in "as much use as a chocolate teapot on a motorbike" - ie not much use at all.

Toaods
20-09-2009, 08:26 PM
What about Shay Given - he barely came off his line today. He must be really pish?

too wee and over-rated. Carved himself out a career losing goals in 'bad' teams for years whilst looking good... a sort of Gordon Marshall or Alan Combe if you like..:wink:

fife hfc
20-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Watched the whole game again and never once noticed these crosses that he let sail over his head. The crosses did not come swinging on top of him but rather outside the six yard box away from goal. Crosses into the areas where STJ delivered them should dealt with by our defenders. Even when Murray cleared off the line it comes from a deuchar flick on which would mean any gk would struggle if they came out for it.

I like Makalambay (but getting mightly p!ssed off with a certain posters inability to see his mistakes) and feel he has some excellent attributes but at the moment Stack has done nothing wrong and looks a steady GK. He should keep his place and maka should get his head down and wait for his chance.