PDA

View Full Version : Thank f*** for...

AllyF
19-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Sol Bamba. :agree:

mentalhibee
19-09-2009, 05:18 PM
I'd say Bamba was MOTM, Ian Murray was great aswell!

Greenway
19-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Bamba was good today, we'd have been in real trouble if it wasn't for him winning a lot of defensive headers. We have lost a good deal of height in defence now that Jones is away.

I was less impressed with Stack who appears to be a Subbutteo goalie who can't come off his line. That is apart from his inexplicable moment of madness when he ran way out his goal and never got anywhere near the ball.

Barney McGrew
19-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Big Sol had a good game today, with some really nice touches on the deck.

I still think he has a tendancy to go for balls in the air in the left back position that he doesn't need to go near.

Ritchie
19-09-2009, 06:19 PM
I'd say Bamba was MOTM, Ian Murray was great aswell!

i agree jackie chan. :agree:

Hibercelona
19-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Bamba and Murray.... 2 fantastic players which i'm grateful we have at the club. :thumbsup:

Pete70
19-09-2009, 08:04 PM
He seemed far more comfortable on the right side and he & Murray look have the makings of a decent partnership

skipster7
19-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Sol Bamba. :agree:
played verywell but needs to realise you cant just go through the player to get the ball.just a wee bit patience sometimes and we might stop daft free kicks.:agree:

WindyMiller
20-09-2009, 09:10 AM
What he lacks in height v. Jones he more than makes up with his footwork and distribution.
Hopefully we'll stick with him and Ian for a few weeks to let them gel.

dirtydirk
20-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Bamba was good yesterday but his distribution after he wins the ball is terrible. He still seems to want to punt it rather than just pass the ball to feet. If he got this part of his game right then he would be a fantastic player.

ancient hibee
20-09-2009, 09:55 AM
If Bamba and Murray were so good why did practically every ball into the box cause mayhem?

blackpoolhibs
20-09-2009, 10:24 AM
If Bamba and Murray were so good why did practically every ball into the box cause mayhem?

I only watched it on alba, but mayhem is not the word i would use, when describing yesterdays defencive performance.:confused:

3pm
20-09-2009, 10:49 AM
I only watched it on alba, but mayhem is not the word i would use, when describing yesterdays defencive performance.:confused:

Maybe not mayhem but we conceded a lot of chances - a couple of which came from Bamba's area. I think a better team might have punished us but we survive to tell the tale.

However, it's not just a problem with the defence - it's the whole team. We need to work harder as a unit when we are defending.

sahib
20-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Bamba was good yesterday but his distribution after he wins the ball is terrible. He still seems to want to punt it rather than just pass the ball to feet. If he got this part of his game right then he would be a fantastic player.

:bitchy: Nope! I remember, mostly, nice wee passes from Bamba.