PDA

View Full Version : Today's Game

BigBamba
19-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Wasn't at the game so would like to know everybodys opinion on today and ratings for each player :confused::thumbsup:

GGTTH:greengrin

jakedance
19-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Bamba was outstanding. The best player on the park by a distance.

St Johnstone were probably the better team. We were very poor at times, particularly before we scored but we've got that extra quality that will win us games even when we don't play well.

We scored three great goals. Miller and Stokes will only get better. Wotherspoon is going to be a star. One of the big pluses was the quality on the bench. Benji, Zemmamma and Galbraith all came on and had some good touches. I know everyone has theories about where we need to strengthen but this is our strongest squad in years.

We've had a reasonably good start to the season without playing particularly well. At some point everything is going to click into place and someone will take a real doing.

ancient hibee
19-09-2009, 05:13 PM
In the second half Saints missed 5 good chances without troubling the goalie plus one cleared off or over the line.The midfield line up was wrong-McBride should have been played deeper instead of Rankin-Stokes was isolated-and the lack of a centre half is going to see us take a terrible hammering one day.

truehibernian
19-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Thought both full backs were very very poor today, Hanlon not winning a single header with his opponent first half, and McCormack's distribution terrible. McInnes clearly targeted this area as well, as the amount of times they were able to get crosses into the box was unbelievable. Bamba and Wotherspoon get the pass marks today, with Galbriath showing what we need in a wide area..........decent delivery ! Nearly every cross he made was a good, whipped in one........cracking finish from both Stokes and Riordan but to me Riordan was dropping far too deep and leaving Stokes to fight a lonesome battle up front. Poor football today which only improved after the substitutions.

VegasHibby
19-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Bamba was outstanding. The best player on the park by a distance.

St Johnstone were probably the better team. We were very poor at times, particularly before we scored but we've got that extra quality that will win us games even when we don't play well.

We scored three great goals. Miller and Stokes will only get better. Wotherspoon is going to be a star. One of the big pluses was the quality on the bench. Benji, Zemmamma and Galbraith all came on and had some good touches. I know everyone has theories about where we need to strengthen but this is our strongest squad in years.

We've had a reasonably good start to the season without playing particularly well. At some point everything is going to click into place and someone will take a real doing.

A sign of good things when not playing well but still go 3rd. When things do click we should be very hard to beat. Yogi's still doing alot of changing around def going through teething problems.
Surprised to see only 10,700 or so there today.

frazeHFC
19-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Imo for ratings:

Stack - 5 - didn't have much to do but some bad kicks and decisions
McCormack - 6 - got forward and supported Wotherspoon
Bamba - 8 - Fantastic :thumbsup:
Murray - 8 - Fantastic, should be permanent captain :thumbsup:
Hanlon - 7 - Another great performance
Wotherspoon - 7 - Great touch and awareness
McBride - 6 - Sprayed the ball about well
Miller - 6 - Took time to adapt but looks a great addition
Rankin - 7 - Good performance especially tracking back
Riordan - 7 - Dropped back, worked hard, most "un-lazy" i have seen him in a long time!
Stokes - 8 - Wasn't great until his goal but then got confidence and was much better, keep it up :thumbsup:

Subs: (ratings also considering the short time they were on the pitch)

Galbraith - 6 - Very skillfull and great dribbling/crossing
Benji - 3 - Seen much better by him
Zemmama - 4 - Good skill but not as sharp as he will get

Overall though - LUCKY, but deserved a win, played well after first goal!

hibee_girl
19-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Stack 5 - He didn't have a lot to do, his kicking was poor plus his mad run at
the end of the game could have cost a goal
McCormack 6 - Good game, got forward a lot
Murray 9 - Great game in his best position
Bamba 7 - A good game from him
Hanlon 6 - Needs to learn to keep his hands off opposition players
Rankin 7 - Another good game from him although with the abuse he was getting from people around me you wouldn't think so
McBride 6 - Did well
Miller 7 - Some great touches from him, he'll be even better once he's fully fit
Wotherspoon 8 - Another great performance from him
Deek 7 - Worked hard at the start of the game then he got his goal and he seemed to give up
Stokes 8 - Two great goals and good work rate from him

RoxburghHibs
19-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Stack 6 - He didn't have much to do but handled the game well. Kicking was poor today
McCormack 6 - Decent game will get better with more games
Murray 8 - Give him the captain arm band
Bamba 8 - Won every header and tackle my MOM
Hanlon 7 - Good game from Hanlon gives 100%
Rankin 7 - He's a different player under Yogi
McBride 7 - The pick of our midfield, never wasted a ball all day
Miller 6 - Some cracking touches no doubt he will be a key player this season
Wotherspoon 7 - Another great performance but should have scored!
Deek 7 - Worked really hard and scored a screamer
Stokes 7 - Like Deek worked really hard and scored two crackers

Hiber-nation
19-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Strange game, in fact I can't remember the last time we actually dominated possession in a home game. We toiled in the air against them and no wonder, considering the amount of giants they had compared to us.

Thought Bamba was top notch and Liam Miller will surely be a massive player for us. Great sub by Yogi - Galbraith turned the game.

On the down side McCormack was poor, and Rankin must have been doing that unseen work as I think he touched the ball twice in the 2nd half, can't believe the marks they got. Riordan and Stokes did little apart from the goals - they both need to do more but Stokes is still finding his fitness and the goals will do him the world of good.

thebakerboy
19-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Was at the St Mirren game ,saw Falkirk on TV and Celtic(was in Bulgaria on holday) and was at game today.Feel best we played was against Celtic and we have been resilient and a bit lucky in the other games. There is I hope a lot to come but so far results better than play deserved.Today thought Bamba good and Murray but how can we not defend our penalty box with 4 centre halfs in back 4.Think Miller started to control midfield in patches and will be a good signing,Stokes goals will make him and expect him to score regularily but Deeks needs to work hard all game not just sometimes. Galbraith looks like he could be very exiting. But please Yogi give us 4 4 2 for gods sake its what the squad are best suited at playing:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Ryan91
19-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Imo for ratings:

Stack - 5 - didn't have much to do but some bad kicks and decisions
McCormack - 6 - got forward and supported Wotherspoon
Bamba - 8 - Fantastic :thumbsup:
Murray - 8 - Fantastic, should be permanent captain :thumbsup:
Hanlon - 7 - Another great performance
Wotherspoon - 7 - Great touch and awareness
McBride - 6 - Sprayed the ball about well
Miller - 6 - Took time to adapt but looks a great addition
Rankin - 7 - Good performance especially tracking back
Riordan - 7 - Dropped back, worked hard, most "un-lazy" i have seen him in a long time!
Stokes - 8 - Wasn't great until his goal but then got confidence and was much better, keep it up :thumbsup:

Subs: (ratings also considering the short time they were on the pitch)

Galbraith - 6 - Very skillfull and great dribbling/crossing
Benji - 3 - Seen much better by him
Zemmama - 4 - Good skill but not as sharp as he will get

Overall though - LUCKY, but deserved a win, played well after first goal!

Do take into consideration that both Benji and Zouma have just finished Ramadan only yesterday (i think) and i doubt that they are fully fit, give it a couple of weeks and they'll be playing much better than they did today.

GGTTH

BigBamba
19-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Do take into consideration that both Benji and Zouma have just finished Ramadan only yesterday (i think) and i doubt that they are fully fit, give it a couple of weeks and they'll be playing much better than they did today.

GGTTH
I am sure the guy on the radio said it finished tonight mate

Hibby Bairn
19-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Thought Stack and McCormack were terrible. Really terrible.

Hanlon, I thought, had a great game. Miller absolutely strolled the game and looked a class above everyone else on the pitch. Will be a fantastic signing.

Stokes and Riordan are lazy barstewards but they can score so I guess that is fine??? But when they don't score they are largely a waste of space I would suggest. Stokes trying to challenge for the ball in the air is a joke.

Our problem I think is the forwards. Little movement. Lazy gits. Too wee. But we all know they are goalscorers so we persevere. Sometimes it works....last week it didn't. In both games we failed to control the game. Totally dominated today by St Johnstone. St Friggin Johnstone!!! But the forwards got us the goals and last week they didn't. The performance however was fairly similar.

I'm not looking forward to Motherwell.

number9dream
19-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Stack - Looks like a real mean hombre but doesn't claim enough crosses and made the odd rash decision 5
McCormack - Several bad touches and poor distribution. Not a full-back 4
Hanlon - Shaky first 10 mins but settled into a fine game. 6
Bamba - The sublime and the ridiculous. Some great blocks and wonderful touches but still a few heart-stopping moments. 7
Murray - Made a few important challenges but the defence struggled to deal with corners and long thrown-ins. The onus is on the skipper for organisation. 6
Wotherspoon - Looks the part. Plays with his head up but didn't get out wide enough to deliver crosses. 6
McBride -Since everything goes through him, with very little variation, he was under a lot of pressure early on but got going once we were ahead. 6
Miller - A few nice touches but is way short of fitness. 5
Rankin - Hard to work out what his role was today but he worked hard all over the pitch. 6
Riordan - Did next to nothing but cracked in a fine goal. 6
Stokes - Still carrying a few extra pounds but took the first goal very well and the second will have boosted confidence. 7

Galbraith - Injected some much-needed pace to the team. I'd be tempted to give him a start on Tuesday. 6
Benji & Zouma - Good to see them involved. Hope to see them in action again in midweek. 5s