PDA

View Full Version : Hogg dropped today

2belhaven
19-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Heard that Hogg has been dropped. Can't say i'm surprised if true. His form has been poor and i always felt he was wrong person to be captain. Ian Murray will no doubt get the armband today.

Had a decent season last year but over the piece just
not up to the standards required IMO.

Kick Off time will reveal all.

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2009, 12:12 PM
A brave decision, but the right one if true.:top marks

HibeeJoxy
19-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Do you have a reliable source or is it just wishful thinking?:confused:

lEXO
19-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Heard that Hogg has been dropped. Can't say i'm surprised if true. His form has been poor and i always felt he was wrong person to be captain. Ian Murray will no doubt get the armband today.

Source?

Dashing Bob S
19-09-2009, 12:25 PM
A brave decision, but the right one if true.:top marks

If so it shows that Yogi has nads the size of asteroids and will do everything he can for this club to be succesful.

hibiedude
19-09-2009, 12:28 PM

Got text at 13.00 saying hogg dropped no injury mentioned. So will see what the issue is with hogg but strange if yogi has dropped the captain

BryanV
19-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Praise for Yogi for his strong action must be tempered by the fact that he only recently made Hogg captain and even more recently failed to bring in a centre back. Presuming this is true.

HibeeJoxy
19-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Dropping Hogg and playing a 4-4-2 would go a long way to proving that Yogi has learnt from the mistakes he made last week.

Lets just hope the rest of the team have also learnt and we can take the 3 points today :wink:

GlesgaeHibby
19-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Good on Yogi. It sends out a clear message that if you don't perform/give 100% you will be dropped, no matter who you are, captain included.

HIBERNIALEITH
19-09-2009, 01:05 PM
I just got a call saying he's been booted out and 3 other players???:confused:

Viva_Palmeiras
19-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Good on Yogi. It sends out a clear message that if you don't perform/give 100% you will be dropped, no matter who you are, captain included.

what he said...

Viva_Palmeiras
19-09-2009, 01:23 PM

why not start a separate thread - more impact?
sniff.

BT58
19-09-2009, 01:24 PM

out of where??????
he has been pants lately,,,,maybe he is one of the players whom jh has been talking about,,,,,,,,,who the 3 others are, any ones guess
hb

Martin
19-09-2009, 01:34 PM
injured - no dropped

hibiedude
19-09-2009, 01:38 PM

Have to agree I hear yogi blamed the captain for last weeks farce against Hamilton and words were spoken at training on Thursday.

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 01:41 PM
injured - no dropped

Why's he on the bench then?

brythehibby
19-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Definately dropped just seen the team. Miller starts his first game.

Surely if injured as others suggest he wouldn't be on the bench?

Martin
19-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Why's he on the bench then?

The same reason why Maka was on the bench when he had a thigh problem.

He 100% had a knock.

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 05:12 PM

He 100% had a knock.

It's different for a keeper though. Still if Yogi said it at the press conference I'll believe it.

Jonnyboy
19-09-2009, 06:39 PM
injured - no dropped

He 100% had a knock.

No reason to disbelieve that but in all honesty I'd have dropped him anyway because his form has been shocking and wearing the captain's armband shouldn't mean immunity :wink:

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2009, 06:49 PM
No reason to disbelieve that but in all honesty I'd have dropped him anyway because his form has been shocking and wearing the captain's armband shouldn't mean immunity :wink:

I'd have dropped him too John. The injured quote is always a good way of getting out of telling the fans someone is dropped. :wink:

Beefster
19-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Have to agree I hear yogi blamed the captain for last weeks farce against Hamilton and words were spoken at training on Thursday.

I don't believe this is true.

Irrespective of how poor Hogg is, only a piss-poor man-manager would pin the blame on one team member when fourteen were responsible.

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 07:00 PM

Irrespective of how poor Hogg is, only a piss-poor man-manager would pin the blame on one team member when fourteen were responsible.

And he wouldn't have been on the bench either. I don't think Hogg's got the ego to have a blazing argument with his gaffer either.

stubru59
19-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Irrespective of whether Hogg did, or did not have words with Hughes, he deserved to be dropped.

One of our poorer performers over the last 4-5 games.

Still, the defence looked a bit dodgy at times today.

hibiedude
20-09-2009, 08:50 AM

Hogg role as captain was the reason for yogi's anger, his motavation to his team mates when things are not going well on the park is there for all to see. I can't remember the last time our team captain was dropped to the bench.

overdrive
20-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Irrespective of whether Hogg did, or did not have words with Hughes, he deserved to be dropped.

One of our poorer performers over the last 4-5 games.

Still, the defence looked a bit dodgy at times today.

Mainly due to the fullbacks IMO. I thought Murray and Bamba looked a far better than what we've had there so far this season.