PDA

View Full Version : NHC Eddie May lives round the corner from me!

john18722
19-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Was just washing the dishes in my flat looking out of my ground floor kitchen window when Falkirk manager Eddie May, dressed in Falkirk FC suit and tie walks passed my window! A bit surprising! I live in a development with no thru road therefore I assume our friend Eddie May lives round the corner from me!

Spoonjilloun
19-09-2009, 09:33 AM
i take it u live at fettes village then?

Toaods
19-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Was just washing the dishes in my flat looking out of my ground floor kitchen window when Falkirk manager Eddie May, dressed in Falkirk FC suit and tie walks passed my window! A bit surprising! I live in a development with no thru road therefore I assume our friend Eddie May lives round the corner from me!

poor Eddie...he's really suffering from the credit crunch there.

Imagine having to walk to all your home games.

john18722
19-09-2009, 09:38 AM
I do indeed. Falkirk can't be paying him much if he lives around here! Maybe he is still on his youth team coach salary?!

Phil D. Rolls
19-09-2009, 10:48 AM
I do indeed. Falkirk can't be paying him much if he lives around here! Maybe he is still on his youth team coach salary?!

Yeah it's the height of depravation there. I heard they based Shameless on Fettes Village. :greengrin

john18722
19-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Yeah there was a gang war here last night, I couldn't get any sleep. My car is on it's roof in flames just now......

Phil D. Rolls
19-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Yeah there was a gang war here last night, I couldn't get any sleep. My car is on it's roof in flames just now......

It must be a nightmare tripping over those Chablis bottles in the morning though. And some of those people have their families before they are 35!
:greengrin

O'Rourke3
19-09-2009, 11:33 AM
:hijack: It was only after we took the cup home against Dunfermline that I noticed Derek McWilliams lived 2 doors along.

Pedantic_Hibee
19-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Our very own John Hughes lived for years about a 30 second walk from my old house in Leith.

I served him chewing gum once :greengrin

Toaods
19-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Our very own John Hughes lived for years about a 30 second walk from my old house in Leith.

..he's still chewing it.

O'Rourke3
19-09-2009, 12:03 PM

Looking at today's Scotsman interview are you sure he wasn't nicking it? :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
19-09-2009, 12:17 PM
..he's still chewing it.

"Once you've met Pedantic, you hud oan to any memento ye can from him....and that bit ay chuggy will remain in my mooth until I'm no longer here, or until he gies me another one"

As for nicking the chewing gum, if Yogi walked into your shop and told you he was taking chewing gum and walking out with it, would you tackle him? If you did you would end up in the crisps shelf with a cucumber up yer back door :boo hoo:

GlesgaeHibby
19-09-2009, 01:04 PM

I can top that. Oor man Yogi lives just roond the corner from me, see him leaving for the training centre some mornings.

Coco Bryce
19-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Yogi stay's just round the corner from me now, Hibs can't be giving him that good a wage with his little £500k house :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
19-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Derek Riordan blanked my missus when she served him this morning. She's only known him since he was three.

I don't give a monkeys, he scored today.

Sylar
19-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Both Craig Levein and Robert Douglas use the same coffee house as my Mrs and I.

Levein actually sat at our table last week and spoke to us for the best part of half an hour - the conversation started with "you're not a Hibby, are you?!?" as I had my away top on at the time - was a good laugh actually! :thumbsup:

lapsedhibee
19-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Both Craig Levein and Robert Douglas use the same coffee as my Mrs and I.

Arabica? :dunno:

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 07:03 PM
"Once you've met Pedantic, you hud oan to any memento ye can from him....and that bit ay chuggy will remain in my mooth until I'm no longer here, or until he gies me another one"

:hilarious

Sylar
19-09-2009, 07:05 PM

I edited that almost instantly (continuing the coffee content :wink:), yet it took you a full 5 minutes to formulate a reply!

You must type slower than orogeny!

Peevemor
19-09-2009, 07:06 PM

Levein actually sat at our table last week and spoke to us for the best part of half an hour - the conversation started with "you're not a Hibby, are you?!?" as I had my away top on at the time - was a good laugh actually! :thumbsup:

Naw, Maxwell!

jax67
19-09-2009, 08:23 PM
..he's still chewing it.

Heard he lent it to Fergie once:agree:

sahib
19-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Derek Riordan blanked my missus when she served him this morning. She's only known him since he was three.

He blanked Yogi when he subbed him today as well. He is maybe on a bit of a downer today. Tell the wife not to be too harsh on him.

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 09:06 PM

Walkabout, Haddows or Threshers?

IWasThere2016
19-09-2009, 09:28 PM

Levein's a good lad, S :agree:

lapsedhibee
20-09-2009, 08:12 AM
You must type slower than orogeny!

Well, he's porbally got one of they ergonomic keyboards, which cost a lot. :grr:

Jim44
20-09-2009, 10:50 AM
I can top that. Oor man Yogi lives just roond the corner from me, see him leaving for the training centre some mornings.

Nothing whatsoever against Glasgow, but I'm surprised that Hughes lives so far away from his job. Maybe the market's still a bit iffy for moving house. Thereagain, maybe I'm a bit parrochial for assuming that he would want to live in Edinburgh. :greengrin

New Corrie
20-09-2009, 11:20 AM

You're not wrong QM, he's a proper gentleman, one of the good guys.

Jamesie
20-09-2009, 11:25 AM

Outwith the realm of an Edinburgh Derby I've never had a problem with Levein. And - some may say I'm taking it too far - Jim Jeffries too. Probably one of the most straightforward, honest managers in Scottish football. No taking the piss ala Strachan.

Dunbar Hibee
20-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Yogi lives in Port Seton does he no :confused:

Jamesie
20-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Moving back to the topic in hand, I live very close to the ground and I used to have Torben Joneleit as a neighbour. Invited him round for Dundee United v Kilmarnock on Setanta one Monday night (we were playing one or the other the following Saturday) and I knew he was living on his tod at the time but he didn't show.

Daniel Galbraith lives nearby now, as did Dermot McCaffrey last year. Zarabi was here too, and when there was the big fire last year we had Benji's mum living downstairs!

Jamesie
20-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Yogi lives in Port Seton does he no :confused:

Eight minutes from the training ground according to yesterday's Scotsman interview, so you could be right.

Phil D. Rolls
20-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Walkabout, Haddows or Threshers?

Listen what we do behind closed doors is nobody's business but our own. :greengrin