PDA

View Full Version : More from Yogi

sunshine1875
19-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Top quotes below:

Hughes leans in. "I'll tell you a secret – I would do this job for free," he whispers.

"One day I will have to leave, and it will break my heart," he continues. "But I will always be a supporter. Possibly the reason I might leave is because I have not got the results. I hope that's not the case. Hopefully I am here for the next ten years."

Stokesy has still got a bit of a way to go," he acknowledges. "He needs guidance. Liam does not need guidance. I know that because of the way he walks in the morning. The first thing he does is go into that gym and does all his stretches, then he trains like a champion. After that he gets right back into that gym and gets his massages. Then after lunch he's back in the gym, working on his fitness. After the game at Hamilton who's out there doing extra runs? Liam. To get them all like that – that's my aim."

It was a tough upbringing, with no complaints. "It's that Leith thing that is ingrained in you - it's the Leith motto: Persevere. You don't show weakness," said Hughes. "You don't show your emotions. You are a man. You are not meant to tell people how you feel. It's ingrained in you. But that makes you the guy you are."

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Saturday-Interview-39Persevere39-a-fitting.5661917.jp

Septimus
19-09-2009, 09:26 AM
I really like the way he said it all in GREEN

Future17
19-09-2009, 09:48 AM
I really like the way he said it all in GREEN

:greengrin

3pm
19-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Nice quotes......it'd be nice to start getting a result or two to go with them. :agree:

down-the-slope
19-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Yogi seems to have high hopes for Liam and its obvious he likes the way he conducts himself...hope the Tache got a big fee inserted in the contract for any approaches as others will be sniffing around if he is half the player Yogi thinks he will be

Mikeystewart
19-09-2009, 10:29 AM
The last two paragraphs give me goosebumps :greengrin

lapsedhibee
19-09-2009, 10:51 AM
"It's that Leith thing that is ingrained in you - it's the Leith motto: Persevere. You don't show weakness," said Hughes. "You don't show your emotions. You are a man. You are not meant to tell people how you feel. It's ingrained in you.
Aye, that's Yogi - tight-lipped or what. :wink:

Disco Dave
19-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Aye, that's Yogi - tight-lipped or what. :wink:

TIT :bye:

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 01:48 PM
TIT :bye:

You'll not last much longer if you're going to call our manager a tit. :wink:

Disco Dave
19-09-2009, 01:51 PM
The paragraph he had highlighted was at the end of an interview when Yogi was talking about losing his brother Peter, found that a bit tasteless and tactless from lapsedhibee there.

lapsedhibee
19-09-2009, 05:18 PM
The paragraph he had highlighted was at the end of an interview when Yogi was talking about losing his brother Peter, found that a bit tasteless and tactless from lapsedhibee there.

Hadn't read the full article, just the extracts above, but reading the full article has confirmed for me that Yogi does tend to go on and on and in the process does tend to contradict himself a fair bit (not that he's a particularly illogical guy - he just seems to go on and on until he's said so many things that some of them are at odds with others). Not sure how the death of a brother nearly twenty years ago should change my opinion on that. As many others have said or implied on here, all Yogi's talk about his innate Hibbiness is less important than what happens on the pitch/in the dressing room. (Though I did think it an interesting article, and obviously intended no offence by my comments.)