PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy transfer manager

CallumLaidlaw
18-09-2009, 07:58 PM
So, you win the lottery tonight, and decide to pay for a new east stand, and tell yogi that he has £10m to spend on transfer fee's and wages. If YOU were yogi, how would you spend it (as realistically as possible)?

Me?

Wotherspoon a 5 year contract - £5k a week - £1.3m
Bamba 2 year extension - £5k a week - £520k

Now
Moritz Volz - 3 year deal - £6k a week, £25k signing fee- £961k
Don't laugh - Bobo Balde - 7 month contract - £5k a week, £3k appearance bonus, £20k signing fee - £180k plus appearance bonus. Say 25 games in all competitions, so - £255k

January
Would offer Killie £400k and Colin Nish for Kevin Kyle - 3 year deal - £5k a week, £1k scoring bonus (estimate 15 goals a season), and £25k signing fee - £1.25m

So far I've spent £4.286m, and can spend the next 3 months planning to bring in 1 or 2 other faces in Jan, then use the rest in the summer.

immediate team

............Riordan....Stokes

Rankin.....Miller.....Bamba....Zemmama

Hanlon....Murray....Balde......Volz

.................Stack

Bench
Maka
Hogg
Stevenson
McCann
Cregg
McBride
Galbraith
Wotherspoon
Benji
Nish
Byrne

With Bamba to midfield, Murray instead of Hogg, and Balde into the defence, plus Kyle in January, the team would have some presence about it. Flair provided by Zemmama, Riordan, Volz, and Wotherspoon and Galbraith from the bench.

Anyone else wanna play? :greengrin

007 Mickey Weir
18-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Wotherspoon a 5 year contract - £2k a week
Murray 3yr Contract £3k a week
Zemamma 3yr Contract at £3k a week

Now

January
Would offer Killie £400k and Colin Nish for Kevin Kyle - 3 year deal - £5k a week, £1k scoring bonus (estimate 15 goals a season), and £25k signing fee - £1.25m

Arfield & Barr. 3yr Deal £750k Fee

Out
Thicot/Hogg Free

immediate team

............Riordan....Stokes........

................Zemmama..............

.....Miller.....Arfield.....Wotherspoon........

Hanlon....Murray.......Barr......Volz

.................Stack...............

Reserves
Maka
Bamba
McCormack
McCann
Stevenson
Cregg
McBride
Rankin
Galbraith
Welsh
Currie
Benji
Kyle
Byrne

CallumLaidlaw
19-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Wotherspoon a 5 year contract - £2k a week
Murray 3yr Contract £3k a week
Zemamma 3yr Contract at £3k a week

Now

January

Arfield & Barr. 3yr Deal £750k Fee

Out
Thicot/Hogg Free

immediate team

............Riordan....Stokes........

................Zemmama..............

.....Miller.....Arfield.....Wotherspoon........

Hanlon....Murray.......Barr......Volz

.................Stack...............

Reserves
Maka
Bamba
McCormack
McCann
Stevenson
Cregg
McBride
Rankin
Galbraith
Welsh
Currie
Benji
Kyle
Byrne

What would your team be till January without Arfield and Barr?

Future17
19-09-2009, 09:54 AM
What would be the point in handing a new contract to Wotherspoon now, paying him £2k or £5k?

I would agree that he looks like a talent and extending his contract would be a good idea, but I wouldn't give that sort of money to someone his age - too much of a distraction from his football.

He also hasn't earned it yet for all the promise he has shown and you would just have a queue of angry players at your office door asking why they aren't getting paid the same.

Finally, even £5k per week would not be enough to dissuade him from a money-related move if he were so-inclined, as Rangers, Celtc and a multitude of clubs from down south would be able to pay much more.

CallumLaidlaw
19-09-2009, 11:41 AM
What would be the point in handing a new contract to Wotherspoon now, paying him £2k or £5k?

I would agree that he looks like a talent and extending his contract would be a good idea, but I wouldn't give that sort of money to someone his age - too much of a distraction from his football.

He also hasn't earned it yet for all the promise he has shown and you would just have a queue of angry players at your office door asking why they aren't getting paid the same.

Finally, even £5k per week would not be enough to dissuade him from a money-related move if he were so-inclined, as Rangers, Celtc and a multitude of clubs from down south would be able to pay much more.

I'm pretty certain Wayne Rooney would have been paid more than £5k a week at 17 years old.
A longer contract with higher wages at least means that his sell on value increases when the bigger club does come calling.
I have worked in places where some people get paid more than others when doing the same job, but the better performers got the better money.