PDA

View Full Version : NHC Mogga's not popular

givescotlandfreedom
18-09-2009, 12:53 PM
This thread gave me a right good laugh :greengrin http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/celtic-chat/70059-mowbray-worse-than-strachan.html

Mikeystewart
18-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Even though everyone hails mowbray as one of the best managers we've had from what i remember other than the fact he never seemed to be able to get the goalkeeping issue/ defence thing sorted his substitutons where often questionable and badly timed. There was never an antisipation of something going wrong and he wouldnt change things untill they were too late. For example bringing macdonald on in the 87th minute rather than replacing samaras for killen.

Speedway
18-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Even though evrtyone hails mowbray as one of the best managers we've had from what i remember other than the fact he never seemed to be able to get the goalkeeping issue/ defence thing sorted his substitutons where often questionable and badly timed. There was never an antisipation of something going wrong and he wouldnt change things untill they were too late. For example bringing macdonald on in the 87th minute rather than replacing samaras for killen.

Mowbray was our best win to games ratio manager since Turnbull.

The thread however, is a fine piece of literature from some of Glasgows most decorated strategists.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-09-2009, 02:43 PM
How does google ads work (or in this case not :greengrin)

Rangers FC Blinds; Rangers Signed pictures advertised on the celtc site hehe

maturehibby
18-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Serves them right keep on stealing players and managers and all to no effect - when will they ever learn

col02
18-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Mowbray will be found out more often than not this coming season in games that matter imho!

oneone73
18-09-2009, 03:19 PM
I take it there was no end-of-game huddle on the pitch, then?

IWasThere2016
18-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Mowbray will be found out more often than not this coming season in games that matter imho!

I agree C. He had better players at Hibs than he has now at Cellic :cool2:

monktonharp
18-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Mowbray will be found out more often than not this coming season in games that matter imho!you saying he will play the last game of the season for a draw and automatic entry to europe,and hand the title to rangers?:wink:

Jim44
18-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Typical kneejerk reaction from Celtic supporters after a defeat ( this one away in Europe so they've no right to expect to win). No matter who is in charge, O'Neill, Strachan or Mowbray, any defeat has them baying for blood. A win against the Jambos at the weekend will see a return to the 'worldbeaters' status. :dizzy:

NOLA
18-09-2009, 03:47 PM
he needs more time to work his style onto the players, unfortunately for him you don't get time at the infirm.

Brando7
18-09-2009, 04:28 PM
he needs more time to work his style onto the players, unfortunately for him you don't get time at the infirm.

:agree:

Only seen the 2nd half last night but they were well poor, dont think they even tested the keeper in the 2nd half

If they get beat by the yams on thier own patch on sunday all hell will break loose imo

ScottB
18-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Screw em, some of them are so deluded thinking back to the times of 'Saint Martin' nobody can live up to it.

Mowbray is as good as they can get and are lucky to have him. Though they shouldn't be surprised to lose key games at points.

ancient hibee
18-09-2009, 05:03 PM
But Captain Caldwell said they could win the Europa Cup.

Latapy1911
18-09-2009, 06:20 PM
cant stand celtic fans

they won the league 3 years in a row with a pish team yet they moaned about Strachan because he didn't play fancy football,

NOW mowbary is in and trying to make them play nice, and there having a go at him for not winning 2 games

****ing moron fans :grr:

The_Todd
18-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I wished you hadn't posted that link, I've just spent a good 45 minutes reading that forum gobsmacked and pishing myself laughing.

There's a 10 page thread which all sparked off because Craig Burely had the audacity to call Aiden McGeady "British" - if you ever want to do a study in paranoia, it's all there! :faf:

Bostonhibby
18-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Not celtic minded..........:faf:

erin go bragh
18-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Even though everyone hails mowbray as one of the best managers we've had from what i remember other than the fact he never seemed to be able to get the goalkeeping issue/ defence thing sorted his substitutons where often questionable and badly timed. There was never an antisipation of something going wrong and he wouldnt change things untill they were too late. For example bringing macdonald on in the 87th minute rather than replacing samaras for killen.
:confused: yes like replacing gary o with a certain ivan at castle greyskull was a bad move:wink: mowbray was the best thing n ages to happen to us:grr:shame on you for nit picking