PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Hibs song

Seany HFC 7-0
18-09-2009, 09:18 AM
We have a few anyone got one in particular they enjoy belting out? Even personal ones that are made up. One that springs to mind recently was at the celtic game. "Gary hows the wife! Gary! Gary! Hows the wife!" :hilarious

cwilliamson85
18-09-2009, 09:27 AM
"There is a bonny footba team at Easter Road they play" always gets my toe taping

superfurryhibby
18-09-2009, 11:45 AM
A rendition of "Sunshine on Leith" hits the spot after a win against the Heart's, but "Glory, Glory to the Hibees" is my all time favourite

I always liked singing "The Merry Ploughboy" which was a favourite of mine in the seventies, usually reserved for games against the Currant Buns. Those games had a lot of tensions and much anti-orange sentiment was in evidence, with songs like Die, Die ya Hun (to the tune of Mary Hopkin's "Those were the Days") etc.. to the fore.

I remember liking the Colin Stein song (the infancy of my going to games era) but cannae really recall the words, other than it was about running somewhere and calling for Colin Stein, Colin Stein (does anyone know the song?).

Singing eh, mostly a thing of the past at the games. A shame that many younger fans will never know how awesome an atmosphere could be created at the big games at ER before the introduction of all seated stadia. The terracing sang loads, as did the North Stand and standing enclosure below it. Some noise!

MacBean
18-09-2009, 11:50 AM
We have a few anyone got one in particular they enjoy belting out? Even personal ones that are made up. One that springs to mind recently was at the celtic game. "Gary hows the wife! Gary! Gary! Hows the wife!"

sorry for the ignorance, but what was the meaning behind this song?
i sang along anyway :hilarious

The_Todd
18-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Am I the only one who enjoys Hibs Heros? :greengrin

1two
18-09-2009, 12:23 PM
sorry for the ignorance, but what was the meaning behind this song?
i sang along anyway :hilarious

Pretty sure his wife left gary after he was caught giving it to some hun cheer leader or something. :greengrin

Big Frank
18-09-2009, 12:40 PM
:singing:"we're Turnbulls Tornadoes,yes thats who we are.." :singing:

Gets me every time :scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

blackpoolhibs
18-09-2009, 12:59 PM
I was walking down gorgie swingin ma chain,
along came a hearts fan and asked me ma name,
a kicked him in the balls and a kicked him in the head,
and now that hearts fan is dead

with a nananannanana nananananananana nananannanana we are the mental hibees.

Thats my favorite, although we dont here it a lot these days.:devil:

California-Hibs
18-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Cant beat a good redition of Hail Hail when we all stand up and belt it out. Espeically when the hands point and the opposition fans ''AND IF, YOU KNOW, YOUR HISTORY'' :thumbsup:

Billychaotic182
18-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Cant beat a good redition of Hail Hail when we all stand up and belt it out. Espeically when the hands point and the opposition fans ''AND IF, YOU KNOW, YOUR HISTORY'' :thumbsup:

Hail Hail for me

Joe Baker II
18-09-2009, 02:02 PM
A rendition of "Sunshine on Leith" hits the spot after a win against the Heart's, but "Glory, Glory to the Hibees" is my all time favourite

I always liked singing "The Merry Ploughboy" which was a favourite of mine in the seventies, usually reserved for games against the Currant Buns. Those games had a lot of tensions and much anti-orange sentiment was in evidence, with songs like Die, Die ya Hun (to the tune of Mary Hopkin's "Those were the Days") etc.. to the fore.

!

Sunshine on Leith one of my favourites and I would love to see the Merry Ploughboy/Off to Dublin in the Green back at ER (over 20 years since I have heard it though). Wrap the Green Flag Round Me (originally an American Civil War song) is also one that would be good to have back at ER.

Die, Die you Hun is certainly a song that we can do with out, sadly it still surfaces very occasionally. Cannot help thinking same people who sung it were those who became hyper-sensitive at OF/Hearts singing songs like the Sash that far less offensive lyrics!

Hainan Hibs
18-09-2009, 02:21 PM

Fantastic song:thumbsup: And I would love to see 10,000 Hibees try to hit the extremly high note at the same time:greengrin

My favourite would be our chants of "We are the people" just for the way it really really really annoys the Huns:greengrin

hibhib7
18-09-2009, 02:32 PM

I remember liking the Colin Stein song (the infancy of my going to games era) but cannae really recall the words, other than it was about running somewhere and calling for Colin Stein, Colin Stein (does anyone know the song?).
Singing eh, mostly a thing of the past at the games. A shame that many younger fans will never know how awesome an atmosphere could be created at the big games at ER before the introduction of all seated stadia. The terracing sang loads, as did the North Stand and standing enclosure below it. Some noise!We used to sing (mostly Scotland games) ''We don't need Eusebio, we've got Colin Stein''. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
18-09-2009, 02:32 PM
tell all the yams you know
that we dont give a ****** where they go
they'll be sha*ing gail platt
in roy croppers flat
no we dont give a ****** where they go

:devil:

superfurryhibby
18-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Sunshine on Leith one of my favourites and I would love to see the Merry Ploughboy/Off to Dublin in the Green back at ER (over 20 years since I have heard it though). Wrap the Green Flag Round Me (originally an American Civil War song) is also one that would be good to have back at ER.

Die, Die you Hun is certainly a song that we can do with out, sadly it still surfaces very occasionally. Cannot help thinking same people who sung it were those who became hyper-sensitive at OF/Hearts singing songs like the Sash that far less offensive lyrics!

I agree that the sentiments of that song are unpleasant, my mitigation is that I was a laddie at the time and have fortunately grown up (a wee bit) since.

Regarding "The Sash", I'm sure there are many who find the closing sentiments of FTP (as embellished by Rangers fans) quite offensive as well? I also reckon that those (ie; the majority of the terracing) who belted out "The Merry Ploughboy" were also very likely to give it laldy with Die, Die ya Hun and others of that ilk (The Mountbatten-No Queen of Scotland song or King Billy had an Army......etc).

I cannae believe there are those who like the "Hibs Heroes" song of the nineties. An abomination that no sane fan would even attempt to sing.

The_Todd
18-09-2009, 02:51 PM
My favourite would be our chants of "We are the people" just for the way it really really really confuses the Huns:greengrin

Fixed it for you.

Posh Swanny
18-09-2009, 03:34 PM
To Charlie Adam...

"Charlie, show us your teeth! Charlie, Charlie, show us your teeth!"

Still makes me giggle now!

Dr Jimmy
18-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Still has to be "booked for being ugly" to Steve Fulton because of the truth and integrity of the lyrics.

EH6 Hibby
18-09-2009, 05:11 PM
We all dream of a team of Ivan Sproull's! :thumbsup:

Gerrintaethem
18-09-2009, 05:17 PM
I like the South Morroco one for some reason :agree:

ronaldo7
18-09-2009, 06:14 PM
I was walking down gorgie swingin ma chain,
along came a hearts fan and asked me ma name,
a kicked him in the balls and a kicked him in the head,
and now that hearts fan is dead

with a nananannanana nananananananana nananannanana we are the mental hibees.

Thats my favorite, although we dont here it a lot these days.:devil:

I was singing this ditty in Dnipro G. :thumbsup:

manx hibee
18-09-2009, 06:24 PM
ones called ronald ones called frank
one missus penalties
the other ones a W**k

this woz funny after beating Rankers in the cup!:scarf::scarf:

BS44
18-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Cheer up, cheer up, the boys will see you through
The boys that beat the Celtic and the Glasgow Rangers too.
Cheer up, cheer up, the boys will see you right
The boys that wear the colours the colours green and white.

Oh i don't know why the Rangers sing that they always hated green
For green's the finest colour that the world has ever seen.

And

The hills are alive with the sound of John Greig's a w@****.

SouthMoroccoStu
18-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Away up in gorgie he creeps round the parks,
To look for school children that are oot after dark,
He tempt them with mars bars, smarties and twix,
But you better watch out -cause it's Graeme Rix!!!

:devil::devil::devil::devil:

Glory glory

Landells
18-09-2009, 09:31 PM
"Green and white and white and the only team for me Iv always been a hibernian soldier"

:agree:

Peevemor
18-09-2009, 09:38 PM
:singing: We're the Edinburgh Hi-Bees baby,
We've got class.
Hi-Bees ya bas! :partyhibb

SouthMoroccoStu
18-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Rudi Skacel is a ...........:devil:

I believe Deeks likes this one too!!!:wink:

blackpoolhibs
18-09-2009, 10:24 PM
:singing: We're the Edinburgh Hi-Bees baby,
We've got class.
Hi-Bees ya bas! :partyhibb

We dont carry razors we dont carry chains
we only carry shotguns to blow out your brains.:duck:

iwasthere1972
18-09-2009, 10:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhfPvG9pVug

:thumbsup:

King Paddy
18-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Green submarine comes to mind in the mid sixties. Remember Pat Quinn scoring a hatrick at tynie and the the above song created a great atmosphere among the hibs support. The ploughboy song was very emotive in the days of yore but would we want it back. One thing i would like to say is why don't we sing like in the good old day's?.

iwasthere1972
18-09-2009, 11:21 PM
For the great Pat Quinn

Come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
Come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn

By Manfred Mann

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liIQLIx2Onw

One for the auld yins. :thumbsup:

Pete
18-09-2009, 11:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhfPvG9pVug

:thumbsup:

Favourite hibs "record" and great video. The lyrics mean so much and nearly brings a tear to my eye.

My second favourite hibs chant has to be the "so ****ing ugly" towards stevie fulton. It was more obvious than the other one...he heard it, looked round and didn't really know what to make of it.

The favourite has to be the "we are the people" at ibrox. The numpties trying to invade the pitch made my day! The protests towards mcliesh outisde the ground as we were leaving was the icing on the cake.

tortolano
19-09-2009, 05:28 AM
who do you think you are kiddin Mr Jefferies.....if you think your number one..!!! :smug:

SouthMoroccoStu
19-09-2009, 06:10 AM
who do you think you are kiddin Mr Jefferies.....if you think your number one..!!! :smug:

LOL:thumbsup:

At the 5-1 cup final....... His face was tripping him!

Cheer up Jim Jefferies............:singing:

Fantic
19-09-2009, 08:56 AM
We dont carry razors we dont carry chains
we only carry shotguns to blow out your brains.:duck:

I went to a party last Saturday night
Rangers were there and they asked for a fight
I pulled out a razor quick as a flash
and shouted hibs casuals, hibs casuals ya bas

marti1875
19-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Does anyone remember the song that was (obviously) about that certain wee derby game at swiney 0-7? :greengrin
It was something like Bye, bye, Jam Tarts:

"Eddie Turnbull thought he was in heaven,
when Alan Gordon knocked in number seven"

I remember when i stayed on Easter road going to the Golf tavern many, many years ago, just round the corner onto duke street and everyone singing it there but can't remember all the words (maybe that verse i've gave is a bit wrong) but it was something along those lines and loved it as there was a verse for every goal!! A couple of guys singing a verse and everyone else joining in the chorus with the "bye bye jam tarts" part......or have i been down here too long and imagined this song as i've never really ever heard anyone else singing it or mentioning it??...

Oh, good win today, not a clue what the performance was like but 3 nil sounds good to me!! :thumbsup:

YehButNoBut
19-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Does anyone remember the song that was (obviously) about that certain wee derby game at swiney 0-7? :greengrin
It was something like Bye, bye, Jam Tarts:

"Eddie Turnbull thought he was in heaven,
when Alan Gordon knocked in number seven"

I remember when i stayed on Easter road going to the Golf tavern many, many years ago, just round the corner onto duke street and everyone singing it there but can't remember all the words (maybe that verse i've gave is a bit wrong) but it was something along those lines and loved it as there was a verse for every goal!! A couple of guys singing a verse and everyone else joining in the chorus with the "bye bye jam tarts" part......or have i been down here too long and imagined this song as i've never really ever heard anyone else singing it or mentioning it??...

Oh, good win today, not a clue what the performance was like but 3 nil sounds good to me!! :thumbsup:

Remember it well it was sung to the tune of the song Bye Bye Blackbird.

This aint a good version of the song :faf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMOB7tCV59M&feature=related

marti1875
19-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Remember it well it was sung to the tune of the song Bye Bye Blackbird.

This aint a good version of the song :faf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMOB7tCV59M&feature=related

:faf:...Aye, that's the one...and yes, that's an absolute awful version but i'll let you off as it was doing my heid in as to the name of the original song!
I think our Hibs version's way better than that one and the words are way better too!:thumbsup:...cheers.

Hibs07p
20-09-2009, 10:23 AM
If I had the @rse of an eagle,
and I the wings of a crow,
I'd fly over Tynecastle Park
and *****e on the *******s below, below,
*****e on, *****e on,
*****e on the *******s below, below.

1875godsgift
20-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Oh we're the lads ye should a seen us comin
We're only here to drink yir beer an dirty bits an dirty bits
All the lads n lassies smiles upon their faces
Runnin down the ALBION ROAD
To see the Turnbull's aces

Think i was about 6 when my uncle taught us it hence the dirty bits n dirty bits!

HibeeUnderwood
20-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Hibs Heroes is my favourite song :agree:

"Are you Woolworths in disguise?" to the yams is one of my favourite chants :greengrin