PDA

View Full Version : Maka's Back Due To Stack's Back

YehButNoBut
17-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Seemingly Maka is likely to be back in between the sticks on Saturday as Stacks has picked up a back injury.

Hopefully will be under more pressure to perform with Stack's challenging him for his place.

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/MaKalambay-set-for-return-to.5655150.jp

1two
17-09-2009, 03:16 PM
I liked your headline better!:greengrin

Hibs90
17-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Good to see the big man back in goals. Hopefully can put in a good shift.:thumbsup:

stubru59
17-09-2009, 03:36 PM
[QUOTE=YehButNo But;2177773]Seemingly Maka is likely to be back in between the sticks on Saturday as Stacks has picked up a back injury.

That's all we need.

Scouse Hibee
17-09-2009, 03:40 PM
FFS how many games before the next howler

Liberal Hibby
17-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Good news - hopefully he can finally nail down the keeper's shirt and show the doubters how good he really is.

Scouse Hibee
17-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Good news - hopefully he can finally nail down the keeper's shirt and show the doubters how good he really is.

Yeah right, cos he's not really had a chance to do that before has he!!!

Liberal Hibby
17-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah right, cos he's not really had a chance to do that before has he!!!

Not really - particularly as a minority of fans get on his back as a matter of course. Let's not forget his age either.

BigKev
17-09-2009, 03:56 PM
I bet Hibs Spain will be devastated :cool2:

Scouse Hibee
17-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Not really - particularly as a minority of fans get on his back as a matter of course. Let's not forget his age either.

Fans don't get on his back as a matter of course, it's because of the mistakes he makes. Yes he has had ample opportunity to prove his worth, he has proved he's not good enough to be first choice.

Good point about his age, he's still learning but we can't afford for him to learn in the first team. My opinion of course and others will differ as does yours, I hope he proves me wrong but going on past performances I just can't see it. I voice my opinion on here but would never get on his back at the game.

TornadoHibby
17-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Fans don't get on his back as a matter of course, it's because of the mistakes he makes. Yes he has had ample opportunity to prove his worth, he has proved he's not good enough to be first choice.

Good point about his age, he's still learning but we can't afford for him to learn in the first team. My opinion of course and others will differ as does yours, I hope he proves me wrong but going on past performances I just can't see it. I voice my opinion on here but would never get on his back at the game.

What type and age of keeper can we realistically afford at Hibs then bearing in mind our wage structure etc? :confused:

Golden Bear
17-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Jeez, help ma boab.

I'll now need to up my medication prior to Saturday's game. The guy makes me a quivering wreck to be honest.

Jumbo
17-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Seemingly Maka is likely to be back in between the sticks on Saturday as Stacks has picked up a back injury.

Hopefully will be under more pressure to perform with Stack's challenging him for his place.

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/MaKalambay-set-for-return-to.5655150.jp

Not another injury, i hope we've not signed the Chris Killen of goalkeepers :rolleyes:

maturehibby
17-09-2009, 05:24 PM
I forget was he dropped or had he picked up an injury and wasnt 100% fit ? had he not picked up his illness.
its good to have our no 1 (50) back in his rightful place for saturday and he wont let us down

hibsbollah
17-09-2009, 05:25 PM
I would love it if he had a blinder:agree:

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2009, 05:28 PM

I think we all would.

Danderhall Hibs
17-09-2009, 05:33 PM

I think we all would.

We would indeed. :agree:

Then we could all sit back and watch the next game in no doubt that he'll chuck one in.

bingo70
17-09-2009, 05:35 PM

I wouldn't, i hope he has nothing to do.

woodythehibee
17-09-2009, 05:40 PM
'mon the Maka :agree:

Dashing Bob S
17-09-2009, 05:41 PM
A pity we can't get UEFA to change the rules so we can play with two keepers. Staka could stay on his line, while Maka could go wandering around the box.

Hibs Spain
17-09-2009, 08:19 PM
I bet Hibs Spain will be devastated :cool2:Creaming myself! If he screws up i'll never speak to him again :greengrin C'mon Maka,let's do it.. Let's go for 50% + clean sheets this year :thumbsup:

Hibercelona
17-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Really can't understand the Maka bashing.

It's always the goalies fault when Hibs conceed a goal. :yawn:

Hainan Hibs
17-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Good to have a keeper that comes off his line back in goals.

:devil:

Taz_hibee
17-09-2009, 08:54 PM
I only hope that the fans give him the backing on Saturday that all the team deserve during a game.
Personaly I cannot understand the hysteria of some people on here who go on about the huge number of blunders he has made, I am a ST holder so see him most games and could count on 1 hand the mistakes he has made that have actually cost us goals last season and this so far

Hibs Spain
17-09-2009, 09:10 PM
I only hope that the fans give him the backing on Saturday that all the team deserve during a game.
Personaly I cannot understand the hysteria of some people on here who go on about the huge number of blunders he has made, I am a ST holder so see him most games and could count on 1 hand the mistakes he has made that have actually cost us goals last season and this so farCalm down .. Out of the seventeen odd thousand that can go or regularly go to the games about four don't appreciate him :agree: The four that don't appreciate him on this site brings the total to eight world wide :greengrin

Puddocky
17-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Creaming myself! If he screws up i'll never speak to him again :greengrin C'mon Maka,let's do it.. Let's go for 50% + clean sheets this year :thumbsup:

You won't have clean sheets if you're creaming yourself.......:wink:

BEEJ
17-09-2009, 09:29 PM
A pity we can't get UEFA to change the rules so we can play with two keepers. Staka could stay on his line, while Maka could go wandering around the box.
:hilarious Brilliant!

Cool_Hand_Luke
17-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Not lost a game with Maka between the sticks this season :thumbsup:

emmjayfox
18-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Good to have a keeper that comes off his line back in goals.

:devil:

it is what he does when he comes off his line i worry about.:bitchy:

ancient hibee
18-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Hibs defence trials no pass back system.

lEXO
18-09-2009, 05:27 PM
The team was ***** last week by all accounts.He didnae play, so hopefully if he is in this week, his mates turn up and the team get a result.Cos don,t forget they all need to perform not just the goalie.

yekimevol
18-09-2009, 06:16 PM
gd maka has conceded less goals yes he has his blunders and is a bit unorthodox which makes the hole of er hold their breath but the big man has been better this season. i guess due to the fact the new keeper coach is hear because that amount of mistakes which look identical is not a coincidence:rolleyes:

Taz_hibee
18-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Calm down .. Out of the seventeen odd thousand that can go or regularly go to the games about four don't appreciate him :agree: The four that don't appreciate him on this site brings the total to eight world wide :greengrin

I am perfectly calm and will still be tomorrow with Maka in goals but you will hear the ones who are sadly desperate for him to make a mistake loud and clear :grr:

Danderhall Hibs
18-09-2009, 11:13 PM
gd maka has conceded less goals yes he has his blunders and is a bit unorthodox which makes the hole of er hold their breath but the big man has been better this season. i guess due to the fact the new keeper coach is hear because that amount of mistakes which look identical is not a coincidence:rolleyes:

He's only played once this season and he dropped a clanger!