PDA

View Full Version : Question Hibs Takeover?

nribs
17-09-2009, 12:29 PM
If Hibs go ahead with the building of the new East Stand will Hibs be ripe for a takeover bid? what with STF still looking to sell to the right people. We will have little debt and what evt we will hav will be over a 20/30 year perios similar to a mortgage, we will have a cracking (finished) stadium, a state of the art training complex.

Martin
17-09-2009, 12:35 PM
We will have little debt and what evt we will hav will be over a 20/30 year perios similar to a mortgage

Are you drunk :wink:

banarc7062
17-09-2009, 12:41 PM
OK seems a fair idea.......I will chip in with a quid to start the fund:wink:

Moulin Yarns
17-09-2009, 12:49 PM
OK seems a fair idea.......I will chip in with a quid to start the fund:wink:

To buy nribs more booze? :duck:

ancient hibee
17-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Who in their right mind would want to buy a Scottish football club?

Jack
17-09-2009, 01:53 PM
TBF SFT has always said he’d sell to the right people. There doesn’t seem to be a rush, for our very well run club, nor does there seem to be anyone STF thinks is ‘good enough’ to look after the club with its best interests, rather than the buyers best interest, at heart.

FWIW IMO anyone who needs to borrow the money to buy Hibs need not apply.

In today's financial climate that leaves Bill Gates, who, incidentally just rented out the top floors of the old GPO.

HenryMonk
17-09-2009, 02:02 PM
if i'm the only euro millions winner on friday ill buy hibs, finish the stadium(corners filled with either seats or giant TV's) with a winning team on park:wink:

MacBean
17-09-2009, 02:14 PM
if i'm the only euro millions winner on friday ill buy hibs, finish the stadium(corners filled with either seats or giant TV's) with a winning team on park:wink:

£86million can go a loooooooooooong way!!! :greengrin

GreenOnions
17-09-2009, 02:57 PM
If Hibs go ahead with the building of the new East Stand will Hibs be ripe for a takeover bid? what with STF still looking to sell to the right people. We will have little debt and what evt we will hav will be over a 20/30 year perios similar to a mortgage, we will have a cracking (finished) stadium, a state of the art training complex.

If we were to build the East Stand this year we would have to find additional loans to the tune of £4m - £5m probably. When added to our existing mortgages of £6m it would not be right to say that we have "little" debt.

I take your point though that we would be in a healthier position than most with a completed stadium/training complex and secured debt.

This season is crucial. We don't want to be turning in another £1.5m operating loss. If we can have a couple of cup runs and improve our league placing then, hopefully, we can break even.

Whether that will be enough to persuade Hibs to go for a new East who knows?

Andy74
17-09-2009, 03:05 PM
£86million can go a loooooooooooong way!!! :greengrin

That would get you two years matching the Old Firm's wage bills. What then?

I've never been one for being obsessed with takeovers. We are the size we are, we could probably get a little bigger by being more successful, but not much.

Clubs should all live within their means and not pay out more than they take in, or at least ensure tha any debt they do need to go in is long term and manageable.

New ownership would have little upside for us and a fair bit of potential to de0stabilise the effieicent way in which we are run.

The longer we stay under the current ownership the better as far as I'm concerned.

MacBean
17-09-2009, 03:09 PM
That would get you two years matching the Old Firm's wage bills. What then?

I've never been one for being obsessed with takeovers. We are the size we are, we could probably get a little bigger by being more successful, but not much.

Clubs should all live within their means and not pay out more than they take in, or at least ensure tha any debt they do need to go in is long term and manageable.

New ownership would have little upside for us and a fair bit of potential to de0stabilise the effieicent way in which we are run.

The longer we stay under the current ownership the better as far as I'm concerned.

I agree completely,

i was trying to be a little sarcastic with my comment, saying that even £86 million would not be enough for us in the future.

however i obviously chose the wrong smilie

The_Todd
17-09-2009, 06:35 PM
We, along side every club in Scotland, is ripe for takeover. Nobody cares though.

The only reason anybody would buy a club in Scotland (Romanov aside) would probably be purely due to some attachment you already have to that club.

There are no billionaires eyeing up the SPL thinking "I could do with a bit of that action".

CapitalHibs
17-09-2009, 07:47 PM
I think it's bleeding obvious that the only way that Hibs can sustain the upward momentum is to get into European competition regularly in the next few years and have a nice wee money spinning run. Quite feasibly possible, IMO.

monktonharp
18-09-2009, 12:15 AM
If we were to build the East Stand this year we would have to find additional loans to the tune of £4m - £5m probably. When added to our existing mortgages of £6m it would not be right to say that we have "little" debt.

I take your point though that we would be in a healthier position than most with a completed stadium/training complex and secured debt.

This season is crucial. We don't want to be turning in another £1.5m operating loss. If we can have a couple of cup runs and improve our league placing then, hopefully, we can break even.

Whether that will be enough to persuade Hibs to go for a new East who knows?not looking at the finance side of it but if there is further delay re-East Terracing then,it wont happen,will it?

Liberal Hibby
18-09-2009, 12:42 AM
We, along side every club in Scotland, is ripe for takeover. Nobody cares though.

The only reason anybody would buy a club in Scotland (Romanov aside) would probably be purely due to some attachment you already have to that club.

There are no billionaires eyeing up the SPL thinking "I could do with a bit of that action".

Every club is ripe for takeover as you say, but there is always a potential buyer who cares. The clue is in your second sentence - the fans.

The only people who can be trusted with the long term future of their football clubs are its supporters and I hope the only people the current regime sell out to is a fans' consortium.

cwilliamson85
18-09-2009, 06:48 AM
If we build the stand this year we will have to either win another cup or get into group stages of Europe to get the money back into the club. The last thing I want to see happen at ER is a club mortgaged to the hill for a stadium that I feel we won’t fill unless the old firm or Hearts play at ER.

Jack
18-09-2009, 09:18 AM
TBH I think SPL clubs would be a great investment for some megalomaniac seeking the European dream.

In EPL, La Liga etc. terms the cost of getting into the CL/Europe, winning or being runner up in the SPL, is loose change by comparison to the sums spent by these leagues big clubs.

The first season (or was it the second) Romanov split the old firm with very little extra investment (extra debt). I’m sure that if Romanov had left Hahahearts to get on with it (as it seems to me with Abramovich who seems happy enough to install a manager then sit in the stand and smile) things could have been very different.

greenginger
18-09-2009, 10:09 AM
I don't think STF took the time and trouble to save Hibs "for the community" to sell the Club on to another individual or consortium.

He could be as careful as he likes choosing the party he sells to but he will know there's nothing to prevent the Club falling into the hands of another Duff/Rolland, Pieman or even a Romanov at some future date.

I would like to see the Club become a Trust with the trustees operating within set guidelines overseeing a Chief Executive and club Secretary as an insurance against an owner on a short term ego-trip, an asset stripper or an "amalgamator" acquiring the Club by default.

archiebald
18-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Maybe Graham Souness or Rod Stewart,David Murray :duck: