PDA

View Full Version : Its only bloody september!

Gus Fring
17-09-2009, 12:16 PM
My internets been down for 6 days, i left :hnet: and everyone was hopeful, confident for the future. Most were in agreement that Yogi was the man to take us forward, to give us what we want/deserve.

I come back and the most vocal among us are comparing Yogi to mixu, comparing the team to last seasons and one poster suggested we adopt the attitude of the YAMS? :jamboak:

Now ill admit, the performance against hamilton was poor (the celtic game was positive for us IMO), but i still have buckets of confidence in the team and Yogi. He's said in interviews he knows what the issues are and also knows who they lie with in some cases. Hes clearly got a pre set plan for how to deal with this.

But the way the majority of posts are going on here just now you'd think we had been knocked out of both cups, we were battling relegation, and the players were being photographed in gutters every weekend and were running onto the pitch half cut.

To the minority who over react after the loss of ONE match I say this:

GET A GRIP FFS! ITS ONLY BLOODY SEPTEMBER!:wink:

shamo9
17-09-2009, 08:58 PM
That's just the way Hibs fans operate. We endure a seemingly endless torrent of disappointment, and just when a glimmer of hope trickles through the menacing clouds - BANG! Back down we go.

Also a lot of the Mixu/Yogi comparisons were injest rather than anything else, and Yogi did admit that he got things wrong (a vast improvement)!

Finally, the comments about our team now being as poor as last season are woefully off the mark. We were never poor enough to get humped by Hamilton last season... :wink:

monktonharp
17-09-2009, 11:27 PM
I was severely depressed! it was my birthday that day,and after having a "few" and seeing a magnificent turn out of our fans,coupled with quite a bit of general good vibes regarding this match,I was very dissapointed but thinking back,I should not have been surprised as it has happened so many times. we are not a lucky team/club and have to work hard. if you look at the 2 goals we lost,we were rather unlucky with both. couple that to the misrable performance of so many players at the one time then hey presto=defeat.Yogi has to look at his inner being too though

Phil D. Rolls
18-09-2009, 08:53 AM
My internets been down for 6 days, i left :hnet: and everyone was hopeful, confident for the future. Most were in agreement that Yogi was the man to take us forward, to give us what we want/deserve.

I come back and the most vocal among us are comparing Yogi to mixu, comparing the team to last seasons and one poster suggested we adopt the attitude of the YAMS? :jamboak:

Now ill admit, the performance against hamilton was poor (the celtic game was positive for us IMO), but i still have buckets of confidence in the team and Yogi. He's said in interviews he knows what the issues are and also knows who they lie with in some cases. Hes clearly got a pre set plan for how to deal with this.

But the way the majority of posts are going on here just now you'd think we had been knocked out of both cups, we were battling relegation, and the players were being photographed in gutters every weekend and were running onto the pitch half cut.

What exactly was it that poster said?

FWIW, I thought the board went OTT in the lead up to the new season. Expectations were ridiculously high. At the same time, the reaction to Sunday's defeat seems to be a bit OTT as well.

Gatecrasher
18-09-2009, 01:56 PM
What exactly was it that poster said?

FWIW, I thought the board went OTT in the lead up to the new season. Expectations were ridiculously high. At the same time, the reaction to Sunday's defeat seems to be a bit OTT as well.

:top marks

some folk talking us up big time and others bought into the hype.

a big reality check against accies ans some OTT reactions to it

HFC 0-7
18-09-2009, 03:21 PM

Its all Yogi and the boards fault! If we never bought these players then our expectations wouldnt be high! :wink: I agree with you, 4 games, 2 wins 2 defeats, one against the old firm, which we should have got something out of. Hamilton was a one off (it better be), all teams have them its the game after a bad defeat that will give us an indication!

Tricla
18-09-2009, 03:30 PM

:top marks

Great post. Best on here in a while. Too many negative Eddy's on here.

Hermit Crab
18-09-2009, 07:12 PM
I was severely depressed! it was my birthday that day,and after having a "few" and seeing a magnificent turn out of our fans,coupled with quite a bit of general good vibes regarding this match,I was very dissapointed but thinking back,I should not have been surprised as it has happened so many times. we are not a lucky team/club and have to work hard. if you look at the 2 goals we lost,we were rather unlucky with both. couple that to the misrable performance of so many players at the one time then hey presto=defeat.Yogi has to look at his inner being too though

Im willing to bet that our magnificent fans wont turn out at Motherwell in such great numbers if results against the saints arent up to scratch.