PDA

View Full Version : 1 Ref & 4 Assistants

Brando7
17-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Starts in all Europa games tonight....this should be fun :bitchy:

Seany HFC 7-0
17-09-2009, 11:19 AM
What does the other assistant do? Obviously two linesmen and a fourth official...

Dibben
17-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Apparantly the other 2 will stand behind the goals...

Europa League - 4 assistant referees per match

Uefa is to experiment during the group stages with having five referees per match in an attempt to combat players' diving to win penalties and to help resolve other issues.

Two extra officials will stand next to each goal, behind the dead-ball line, to spot infringements and Uefa hopes the move will mean less foul play and simulation by players.

The move is also designed to help determine whether the ball has crossed the goal-line when there is doubt.

Uefa president Michel Platini said: "One day players will give up simulating because referees will see them.

"For years players have cheated because the referees were not of a good enough quality.

"I am convinced, with the extra officials, that if you have referees close by it will prevent players from simulating and they will take the right decision. t does the other assistant do? Obviously two linesmen and a fourth official...

BH.

RoslinInstHibby
17-09-2009, 11:25 AM
What does the other assistant do? Obviously two linesmen and a fourth official...

i thought that there was going to be one on each goal line as well as the 4th official

andyhibs
17-09-2009, 11:26 AM
apparently behind the goals to decide if the ball crosses the line or to spot any funny buisness the ref and 2assistants miss

andyhibs
17-09-2009, 11:27 AM
im to slow, old age i think:wink:

freddie m
17-09-2009, 11:28 AM
The other 2 a goal line assistants, I would hazard a guess that their job would be to say if the ball crosses the line.
Glory glory
:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Jonnyboy
17-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Uefa president Michel Platini said: "One day players will give up simulating because referees will see them."

I'm sure his fellow countrymen Thierry etc will be delighted to read that :devil:

davym7062
17-09-2009, 08:19 PM
even with 5 refs celtic got humped:greengrin

the greatest fans in the world will be hunting them down as we speak:greengrin

majorhibs
17-09-2009, 09:59 PM
At a time when the game and the world are struggling to get by, this is kicked in! There will obviously be a deluge of applicants who will see the easy money to be had, dont even have to run about like a ref, who are right up for this "appointment". Personally I would rather have seen the money spent on video technology, rather than a further bunch of slackers who are scared of a real job getting by on money better spent elsewhere.