PDA

View Full Version : Stack or Maka

HFC 0-7
17-09-2009, 10:34 AM
With Stack having an OK couple of games with no real mistakes or errors I was wondering who people now wanted as the no1 choice?

Andy74
17-09-2009, 10:40 AM
I's a question we can't answer until Stack has played many, many games. Mistakes happena nd also we will see how open we become to cross balls if we have no keeper attacking them as Stack chooses not to do.

FWIW Maka is playing on Saturday by the looks of it as Stack is injured.

HFC 0-7
17-09-2009, 10:45 AM
I's a question we can't answer until Stack has played many, many games. Mistakes happena nd also we will see how open we become to cross balls if we have no keeper attacking them as Stack chooses not to do.

FWIW Maka is playing on Saturday by the looks of it as Stack is injured.

How is it a question that cant be answered now? I have asked after the games Stack has had who do you want in goals. I never asked who do you want in goals after stack has played 25 games.

Hibstrooper
17-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Maka has done nothing to deserve to be dropped so I think it's a bit unfair he's found himself out of the team.

I've seen nothing so far from Stack that indicates he's better than Maka.

I think Maka is a superb keeper for his age and will only get better.

Andy74
17-09-2009, 10:48 AM
How is it a question that cant be answered now? I have asked after the games Stack has had who do you want in goals. I never asked who do you want in goals after stack has played 25 games.

Okay, ask away for what its worth!

TornadoHibby
17-09-2009, 10:53 AM
With Stack having an OK couple of games with no real mistakes or errors I was wondering who people now wanted as the no1?

Stupid post FWIW as Stack has had relatively nothing to do in his games if one works on the assumption that each of the goals HE lost was someone else's fault! :confused:

We do know by anecdotal evidence (YouTube clips) that he is apparently "hard" and from what I heard him shout at Deek on Sunday, he is rather "forthright" verging on abusive to his colleagues! :agree:

We also know that he doesn't like to attack crosses but would rather wait and deal with any shots or headers coming from very short range at him from his position on his goal line! :wink:

We also know (from official Hibs site) that he has only played around 80 first team games over 6 plus seasons so may be injury prone! :wink:

I think therefore that the poll is at least several weeks (assuming that he plays in goal over that period) premature as we really don't know very much about his skills and abilities as yet! :wink:

I haven't voted for the reasons noted above! :cool2:

HFC 0-7
17-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Stupid post FWIW as Stack has had relatively nothing to do in his games if one works on the assumption that each of the goals HE lost was someone else's fault! :confused:

We do know by anecdotal evidence (YouTube clips) that he is apparently "hard" and from what I heard him shout at Deek on Sunday, he is rather "forthright" verging on abusive to his colleagues! :agree:

We also know that he doesn't like to attack crosses but would rather wait and deal with any shots or headers coming from very short range at him from his position on his goal line! :wink:

I think therefore that the poll is at least several weeks (assuming that he plays in goal over that period) premature as we really don't know very much about his skills and abilities as yet! :wink:

I haven't voted for the reasons noted above! :cool2:

Here we go, obviously a big lover of Maka and doesnt want anyone to say a bad thing against him even if it is a poll to show people may or may not want stack as no 1. The poll will show something - peoples opinions. it will show whether people want to stay with Maka at this time, or will want to ditch Maka and favour a relatively untried keeper for Hibs. The poll doesnt say " who is the better keeper" or " who has played better for Hibs". If the poll showed that people want Maka as no 1, it shows that people thing he still has what it takes to become a good keeper or that they just may not like stack. If it shows stack as No1 it shows that people maybe dont like Maka because of mistakes, or because they feel Stack should be given a chance to show what he can do.

TornadoHibby
17-09-2009, 11:03 AM
With Stack having an OK couple of games with no real mistakes or errors I was wondering who people now wanted as the no1?

Maka will never be no 1! :wink:

He's no 50! :agree:

:greengrin

HFC 0-7
17-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Maka will never be no 1! :wink:

He's no 50! :agree:

There, I have edited the post. Happy now?:boo hoo:

TornadoHibby
17-09-2009, 11:12 AM

Here we go, obviously a big lover of Maka and doesnt want anyone to say a bad thing against him even if it is a poll to show people may or may not want stack as no 1. The poll will show something - peoples opinions. it will show whether people want to stay with Maka at this time, or will want to ditch Maka and favour a relatively untried keeper for Hibs. The poll doesnt say " who is the better keeper" or " who has played better for Hibs". If the poll showed that people want Maka as no 1, it shows that people thing he still has what it takes to become a good keeper or that they just may not like stack. If it shows stack as No1 it shows that people maybe dont like Maka because of mistakes, or because they feel Stack should be given a chance to show what he can do.

Please show me where I have even suggested in my post what you imply in your first sentence! :confused:

Also, please correct any errors of fact which I may have made in my post just to get that one cleared up too! :confused:

I have clearly explained why I believe that your post and your poll are premature in my post to which you have replied. :agree:

Just to be clear, I do not believe that as Hibs fans, we have had enough time to form a considered and mature view as to Stack's goalkeeping capabilities and therefore it is inappropriate to express a view upon the question you have posed! I am aware from other threads that some other posters feel comfortable suggesting that Stack is better than Maka despite that lack of knowledge of Stack's full goalkeeping abilities. I, however, am not and therefore will not do so! :cool2:

Bob1875
17-09-2009, 11:15 AM
I want Maka back in for the simple fact Stack doesn't collect balls that come into his 6 Yard area!!! Totally unacceptable for a goalkeeper IMO.

Seany HFC 7-0
17-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Maka has done nothing to deserve to be dropped so I think it's a bit unfair he's found himself out of the team.

I've seen nothing so far from Stack that indicates he's better than Maka.

I think Maka is a superb keeper for his age and will only get better.

:confused: Every other game the guy seems to make a mistake. Last game of last season against aberdeen was unreal! First game of this season aswel against st mirren! Might not be solely to blame for it but still. Thats just two from the top of head could go on. Sorry mate just my opinion the guy is not good enough.

TornadoHibby
17-09-2009, 11:16 AM
There, I have edited the post. Happy now?:boo hoo:

I was never unhappy with the way you worded it and simply amused myself with the post you quoted! :wink:

Still think this is all a waste of time for all of the reasons I have given! :cool2:

NOLA
17-09-2009, 11:22 AM
i think maka should be a no.2 for a couple of seasons, as he's good enough to play some games during the season but not every week.

Golden Bear
17-09-2009, 11:32 AM
A silly question really. What is required however is a good back up keeper in order to keep Stack on his toes.

:duck:

HFC 0-7
17-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Please show me where I have even suggested in my post what you imply in your first sentence! :confused:

Also, please correct any errors of fact which I may have made in my post just to get that one cleared up too! :confused:

I have clearly explained why I believe that your post and your poll are premature in my post to which you have replied. :agree:

Just to be clear, I do not believe that as Hibs fans, we have had enough time to form a considered and mature view as to Stack's goalkeeping capabilities and therefore it is inappropriate to express a view upon the question you have posed! I am aware from other threads that some other posters feel comfortable suggesting that Stack is better than Maka despite that lack of knowledge of Stack's full goalkeeping abilities. I, however, am not and therefore will not do so! :cool2:

I know your a Maka fan from other posts. You are saying that the poll is useless but is clearly not. If people feel, as you do that Stack hasnt shown enough then you would probably vote for Maka. Others may have had enough of Maka and mistakes he has made, and would have anyone else, in this case stack. You seem to be very protective of anyone saying a bad word against Maka (as seen is other threads). this post will show if people want change, regardless of if the change as proven itself. Also, to prove if he has enough quality, stack would need games, and would need to become No1 to show this. You have said that a couple of games arent enough to prove this. Unfortunately because only one goalkeeper can play at a time, it requires a decision to be made, more often than not, before the keeper has proven himself.

Mickey Edwards
17-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Ma-Kalambay

TornadoHibby
17-09-2009, 11:56 AM
I know your a Maka fan from other posts. You are saying that the poll is useless but is clearly not. If people feel, as you do that Stack hasnt shown enough then you would probably vote for Maka. Others may have had enough of Maka and mistakes he has made, and would have anyone else, in this case stack. You seem to be very protective of anyone saying a bad word against Maka (as seen is other threads). this post will show if people want change, regardless of if the change as proven itself. Also, to prove if he has enough quality, stack would need games, and would need to become No1 to show this. You have said that a couple of games arent enough to prove this. Unfortunately because only one goalkeeper can play at a time, it requires a decision to be made, more often than not, before the keeper has proven himself.

Your inability or unwillingness to accept my point of view as it is different from yours is unfortunate and tiresome as you keep re-stating over and over again things I have refuted very clearly providing my reasons for so doing! :confused:

I have asked you to point out any errors of fact in my comments on this thread and you haven't! :confused:

Your current post give me no more information than that which you have already posted and which I have already commented on! :confused:

It is too early for any reasonable person to pass an opinion on Stack's goalkeeping abilities END OF! :confused:

If you want to indulge yourself by pretending otherwise then that's fine but please don't tell me I'm wrong for wanting to give myself a decent look at the guy over a number of games before I form a view as to whether I think he is a better keeper than Maka or not! :wink:

For the record, and as I have said elsewhere on here, I believe Maka has all of the attributes needed to be a top class keeper and once he marries that to confidence in himself as a top goalkeeper he will truly be a top keeper IMO! :agree:

For those who play decent level competitive sport of any kind then the concept of confidence and belief being at least as important as the technical skills of the particular sport will be familiar and sometimes that self confidence only comes with a decent bit of experience IMO!:agree:

Anyone who has never played competitive sport at a decent level may not appreciate that as clearly as someone who has and form a wrong perhaps "knee jerk" view when it may not be justified! :wink:

That's all folks! :cool2:

HFC 0-7
17-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Your inability or unwillingness to accept my point of view as it is different from yours is unfortunate and tiresome as you keep re-stating over and over again things I have refuted very clearly providing my reasons for so doing! :confused:

I have asked you to point out any errors of fact in my comments on this thread and you haven't! :confused:

Your current post give me no more information than that which you have already posted and which I have already commented on! :confused:

It is too early for any reasonable person to pass an opinion on Stack's goalkeeping abilities END OF! :confused:

If you want to indulge yourself by pretending otherwise then that's fine but please don't tell me I'm wrong for wanting to give myself a decent look at the guy over a number of games before I form a view as to whether I think he is a better keeper than Maka or not! :wink:

For the record, and as I have said elsewhere on here, I believe Maka has all of the attributes needed to be a top class keeper and once he marries that to confidence in himself as a top goalkeeper he will truly be a top keeper! :agree:

For those who play decent level competitive sport of any kind then the concept of confidence and belief being at least as important as the technical skills of the particular sport will be familiar and sometimes that self confidence only comes with a decent bit of experience IMO!:agree:

Anyone who has never played competitive sport at a decent level may not appreciate that as clearly as someone who has and form a wrong perhaps "knee jerk" view when it may not be justified! :wink:

That's all folks! :cool2:

As I keep saying, the poll is not for is Stack better than Maka, I am not asking anyone about Stacks abilities specifically, I am asking whether people would rather have maka or stack as no 1 at this point in time. I am not asking whether to have Maka or Stack as number 1 for ever more. What I am asking is based on what you have seen or know of each keeper who you would rather have. Now, you think it is to early to rate Stack then I would assume that would mean that you wouldnt want him as No1 keeper at this time. I would imagine there are other people in your position but rather than say that the poll is useless I would think people would vote for maka then maybe post a reply saying " at this time I dont know if Stack is a better keeper or not because he hasnt had anough games therefore I voted for Maka being no 1 keeper at this time, but after Stack has had games I may change my mind". I respect your choice for saying that stack hasnt had enough time, but some people may not care and think that Maka has had enough chance.

TornadoHibby
17-09-2009, 12:07 PM
A silly question really. What is required however is a good back up keeper in order to keep Stack on his toes.

:duck:

:faf: :faf: :faf: :faf: :faf:

Now that nearly had me p**sing ma pants! :greengrin

Sloppy
17-09-2009, 08:51 PM
maka:agree:

...WentToMowAnSPL
17-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Maka !

Wow 50:50 !

:) Interesting post.

I think it is worth stating that it this is an infinitely better situation than Simon Brown versus Zibi etc etc.

...WentToMowAnSPL
17-09-2009, 09:05 PM
There is a problem with this poll :

Currently 49.21% think that Stack should have the No.1 Jersey as Maka prefers the No 50 Jersey

50.79% think that Maka should have the No.1 Jersey because they don't realise that he prefers having the No. 50 and is the better keeper