PDA

View Full Version : A leaving Easter Road tune?

duncs
16-09-2009, 06:23 PM
I've just finished watching the re-run of last night's Boston Red Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim game. The Red Sox won, and they have a traditional that if they win, they play a song, Dirty Water by The Standells.

Does anyone think that would work at Easter Road? A victory song so to speak - something that we can all sing along to when we're leaving the stadium.

Also, what song would you deem appropriate for a win after 90 gruelling minutes down at the Leith San Siro?

Hibee_Rab
16-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Any bouncy proclaimers song- 500 miles, then I met you, misery to happiness today- take your pick

NOLA
16-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Green Day - the time of your life, always works for me when we win!

Bishop Hibee
16-09-2009, 08:57 PM
When I went to see Richmond v Brisbane (Aussie Rules) at the MCG, Richmond won and sang the club anthem on the pitch at the end!

Get Deek etc. belting out GGTTH over the PA after a derby win :thumbsup:

CB_NO3
16-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Greenday does not do it for me, I hate Emo's and goths, wierdos the lot of them.

LamontHFC©
16-09-2009, 10:18 PM
The whole stadium wouldn't sing anyway, so would defeat the purpose really.

Hibercelona
16-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Greenday does not do it for me, I hate Emo's and goths, wierdos the lot of them.

I half agree with you there.

Goth's + Emo's = very weird people (if thats what they are)

On the other hand....... Greenday rocks! :greengrin

iwasthere1972
17-09-2009, 12:13 AM
When I went to see Richmond v Brisbane (Aussie Rules) at the MCG, Richmond won and sang the club anthem on the pitch at the end!

:bitchy: Please no.

JE89
17-09-2009, 12:47 AM

Just because somebody likes a band doesn't mean that they are an Emo or goth. I went through a phase of listening to just green day for about 5 months. And I certainly am no goth/emo.
Does this mean that all folk who enjoy dance music are chavs and those who enjoy country music are rednecks? :bitchy:

As for the original question - the Silencers - I can feel it :faf:
Nah seriously though - agree with Hibee_Rab - anything by the Proclaimers :agree:

Dr_Regal
17-09-2009, 03:43 AM
I've just finished watching the re-run of last night's Boston Red Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim game. The Red Sox won, and they have a traditional that if they win, they play a song, Dirty Water by The Standells.

Does anyone think that would work at Easter Road? A victory song so to speak - something that we can all sing along to when we're leaving the stadium.

Also, what song would you deem appropriate for a win after 90 gruelling minutes down at the Leith San Siro?

Big Red Sox man here. In between the top and bottom of the 7th at fenway the whole crowd also sings Sweet Caroline, which is pretty immpressive actually.

American sports have this excellent way of marketing there product so that everybody can enjoy a game, whether they like baseball or not has nothing to do with it as far as the average punter goes. My wife hates baseball but jumped at the chance to go see the red sox at fenway recently. Anyway thats for a marketing thread...Perhaps "Marketing hibs in the 21st century" may be my thesis paper this year !!!

Leaving ER after we beat the Jambos 6-2, I would have loved to have heard....Ac/Dc Shoot to thrill

WestSideHibby
17-09-2009, 07:05 AM
Maybe I'm getting old... but I'm sick of hearing pop music blasted out over the tannoy whenever the teams run out/score etc. At 'New Brockville' at the start of the season, you couldn't even hear the crowd cheer when Falkirk scored because it was so loud.

If I wanted to listen to crappy pop music at the football I'd put some on my ipod and take it with me. I much prefer to actually hear the fans singing... bah humbug etc etc...

Graham Law
17-09-2009, 07:16 AM
What about the Black Eyed Peas new song ... i gotta feeling...that tonights gonna be a good night .....

As it always is if the Hibees have bagged the points?

That said i wish they would stick to Hibs song's before the team come out ...

erin go bragh
17-09-2009, 07:26 AM
Big Red Sox man here. In between the top and bottom of the 7th at fenway the whole crowd also sings Sweet Caroline, which is pretty immpressive actually.

American sports have this excellent way of marketing there product so that everybody can enjoy a game, whether they like baseball or not has nothing to do with it as far as the average punter goes. My wife hates baseball but jumped at the chance to go see the red sox at fenway recently. Anyway thats for a marketing thread...Perhaps "Marketing hibs in the 21st century" may be my thesis paper this year !!!

Leaving ER after we beat the Jambos 6-2, I would have loved to have heard....Ac/Dc Shoot to thrill
pretty sure the moby track.why does my heart feel so bad,was played at the end.:top marks:faf::faf:classic

Phil D. Rolls
17-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Any bouncy proclaimers song- 500 miles, then I met you, misery to happiness today- take your pick

:yawn:

Lordy, is there no hope for us? Why not get them swinging their pants to Sunshine on Leith, it always gets the fans going, hairs on the back of yer neck, AEK Athens, greatest atmosphere ever, etc etc etc

Viva_Palmeiras
17-09-2009, 08:12 AM
The Taxi theme tune... works win or lose. Could also double up for sending offs...:thumbsup:

hibsbollah
17-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Maybe I'm getting old... but I'm sick of hearing pop music blasted out over the tannoy whenever the teams run out/score etc. At 'New Brockville' at the start of the season, you couldn't even hear the crowd cheer when Falkirk scored because it was so loud.

If I wanted to listen to crappy pop music at the football I'd put some on my ipod and take it with me. I much prefer to actually hear the fans singing... bah humbug etc etc...

Me too:agree:

FRes Hibbie
17-09-2009, 09:07 AM
What about the Black Eyed Peas new song ... i gotta feeling...that tonights gonna be a good night .....

As it always is if the Hibees have bagged the points?

That said i wish they would stick to Hibs song's before the team come out ...

I was just about to suggest the same thing :agree:

ginger_rice
17-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Not Sunshine on Leith, IMHO that should be reserved for special occasions, I doubt very much if I'll ever hear it sung again like it was at Hampden.

HIBERNIALEITH
17-09-2009, 07:56 PM
I was just about to suggest the same thing :agree:

Yup, that's the one!!

Or,................Oh what an atmosphere by Russ Abbott!! No-one's gonna sing it anyway!!:devil:

Bishop Hibee
17-09-2009, 09:07 PM

Lordy, is there no hope for us? Why not get them swinging their pants to Sunshine on Leith, it always gets the fans going, hairs on the back of yer neck, AEK Athens, greatest atmosphere ever, etc etc etc

All SPL teams would play The Proclaimers at their ground if the band were fans. Given the negative posts on here sometimes, what about a bit of Leonard Cohen but only when we win to bring us back to reality :rolleyes:

Future17
17-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Green Day - the time of your life, always works for me when we win!

And the original title, "Good Riddance", would fit the end of a game nicely! :wink:

I once saw a clip of Deek on X Factor singing about a red satchel or something like that, good voice but stuggled with the high notes.

Wouldn't have made it past boot camp IMO. :greengrin