PDA

View Full Version : Under 19s on Friday

oconnors_strip
16-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Hibs under 19s are playing Hamilton away this Friday at New Southcroft Park, Rutherglen, kick off 2.30pm.

oconnors_strip
18-09-2009, 09:22 AM
just a wee reminder people! get along if you can

Ringothedog
18-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Any updates available ?

sunshine1875
18-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Any updates available ?

Goalless after 38 minutes. Rangers losing 3-0 away to Motherwell.

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/football/scotland/

PC Stamp
18-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Hamilton now lead 1 -0 just coming up to half time.

hibs0666
18-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Goalless after 38 minutes. Rangers losing 3-0 away to Motherwell.

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/football/scotland/

Motherwell have apparently got a smashing U19 team this year.

PC Stamp
18-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Motherwell have apparently got a smashing U19 team this year.
Motherwell now 4 up. :thumbsup:
Hibs now 2 down! :boo hoo:

Edit ... now Motherwell 4 Rangers 1

PC Stamp
18-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Hamilton get a 3rd just on HT. Hibs defending is apparently very poor to say the least!

sunshine1875
18-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Hamilton get a 3rd just on HT. Hibs defending is apparently very poor to say the least!

The same Hamilton team that lost 5-0 at home in their last home fixture against Aberdeen. Though they did beat Rangers away at Murray Park.

hibs0666
18-09-2009, 02:27 PM

I wonder if the management knew it was all going to go Pete Tong on the bus over. :wink:

PC Stamp
18-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Now 4-0 Hamilton.

legends of 73
18-09-2009, 03:11 PM
make that 5 defence has fell to sh@t bad day at the office

ahibby
18-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Even thought it's only the U19s I hope the game is over?

blackpoolhibs
18-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Was it 8 or 9 who moved up from the 19s last season? Maybe its asking a lot from this bunch to do much this season. I wouldnt worry too much about today, i'm sure the kids will be fine. And also, i'm sure i read somewhere the kids in the 15s or 16s are very good too. Maybe we have to miss a year for more trophies and quality to come through?

PC Stamp
18-09-2009, 03:25 PM
5-0 Hamilton FT.

monktonharp
18-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Was it 8 or 9 who moved up from the 19s last season? Maybe its asking a lot from this bunch to do much this season. I wouldnt worry too much about today, i'm sure the kids will be fine. And also, i'm sure i read somewhere the kids in the 15s or 16s are very good too. Maybe we have to miss a year for more trophies and quality to come through?I'm not worried,nevertheless losing 5 nil at home isnae good! from a set up that is surely streets ahead from Hamilton,where's O'Connor's Strip?? we demand answers !!!!:grr:

Kojock
18-09-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm not worried,nevertheless losing 5 nil at home isnae good! from a set up that is surely streets ahead from Hamilton,where's O'Connor's Strip?? we demand answers !!!!:grr:

It was away from home. :wink:

ancient hibee
18-09-2009, 04:47 PM
One of the reasons that the u 19s did so well last season was that they had one of the oldest teams-perhaps this year there are far more younger players.

oconnors_strip
18-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Was it 8 or 9 who moved up from the 19s last season? Maybe its asking a lot from this bunch to do much this season. I wouldnt worry too much about today, i'm sure the kids will be fine. And also, i'm sure i read somewhere the kids in the 15s or 16s are very good too. Maybe we have to miss a year for more trophies and quality to come through?

at least 10 players have moved up or on from last season's squad. this season we have a very young squad, most of them have came through the ranks at hibs and are still eligible to play at under 17 level. this season is all about forming a team that will learn and develop together. so noone should expect anything like last season, and that team had one season to develop then one season where they were outstanding.

I'm not worried,nevertheless losing 5 nil at home isnae good! from a set up that is surely streets ahead from Hamilton,where's O'Connor's Strip?? we demand answers !!!!:grr:

as someone said it was an away match, played at rutherglen. as for a good set up...yes we have an excellent set up at hibs with under 19s and younger. as ive explained above this season is all about learning and developing a squad of very young players.

the players from today's match know how bad they played, are very disappointed in themselves and are wondering where it went wrong. but they will be back into training on monday and hopefuly can take lessons from today and come fighting back next saturday when they are at home to st.johnstone.

oconnors_strip
18-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Team today was

Lewis Graham
Scott Taggart
Scott Smith
Aaron Chalmers
Callum Booth
Matty Welch
Dean Horribine
Fergus Bell
Keith Murray
David Love
Lewi Horner

bench
Stuart Beveridge
Paul Grant
Calum Burns for Welch
David Crawford for Murray
Jamie Doris for Dean Horribine
David Gold
Marc Lancaster

monktonharp
18-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Team today was

Lewis Graham
Scott Taggart
Scott Smith
Aaron Chalmers
Callum Booth
Matty Welch
Dean Horribine
Fergus Bell
Keith Murray
David Love
Lewi Horner

bench
Stuart Beveridge
Paul Grant
Calum Burns for Welch
David Gold
Marc Lancastermy apoligies,thought it wis at home,shouldnae get pumped like that by a team like Hamilton..........even if it's away:duck:

matty_f
18-09-2009, 11:13 PM
The same Hamilton team that lost 5-0 at home in their last home fixture against Aberdeen. Though they did beat Rangers away at Murray Park.

AFAIK, Hamilton's first 2 bad results were largely down to the fact that their games were on the same days as their first team, and thanks to the 3 U21 player rule, their under 19 team was weakened. :agree:

That said, Hamilton were excellent today - for everything that went wrong for Hibs, two things went right for Hamilton. They were well worth the win.

I'm not worried about the result or the performance - it's out of character for these boys, and I'm sure they'll bounce back from it.

Randerson_4
19-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Team today was

Lewis Graham
Scott Taggart
Scott Smith
Aaron Chalmers
Callum Booth
Matty Welch
Dean Horribine
Fergus Bell
Keith Murray
David Love
Lewi Horner

bench
Stuart Beveridge
Paul Grant
Calum Burns for Welch
David Gold
Marc Lancaster

2 of the u19s outstanding defenders from last season, surprising they fell apart today. Still, results like this will teach them as much as last seasons heroics. Hopefully just a blip

oconnors_strip
19-09-2009, 11:40 AM
2 of the u19s outstanding defenders from last season, surprising they fell apart today. Still, results like this will teach them as much as last seasons heroics. Hopefully just a blip

the whole team fell apart yesterday, but its a learning curve for the lads. everyone had highs and lows in the work place and this sadly was one of the lowest lows you can have. they are all very very disappointed and some said its the worst game they have ever played in!!!

getting behind the players and encouraging them in everything they do will only make them stronger and have more belief in themselves. this can start next week when we play st johnstone at home.

BEEJ
19-09-2009, 01:01 PM
the whole team fell apart yesterday, but its a learning curve for the lads. everyone had highs and lows in the work place and this sadly was one of the lowest lows you can have. they are all very very disappointed and some said its the worst game they have ever played in!!!

getting behind the players and encouraging them in everything they do will only make them stronger and have more belief in themselves. this can start next week when we play st johnstone at home.
Was the Bengelloun geezer that scored two goals for Hamilton U-19s the same one that was due to join us in the summer?

oconnors_strip
19-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Was the Bengelloun geezer that scored two goals for Hamilton U-19s the same one that was due to join us in the summer?

dont think so, this laddie is about 5ft tall.

matty_f
19-09-2009, 07:45 PM

Think he's his brother - IIRC Bengelloun signed for Hamilton, he was there shouting encouragement (in French). Pretty sure it was him, though I could be wrong.