PDA

View Full Version : Throw ins

gstarbry1875
16-09-2009, 04:20 PM
I don't know if this is just a pet hate of mine or if everyone else sees this as well but every time we have a throw in we don't seem to be able to keep possession or create anything from it. whether it be deep inside our own half or in an attacking position we never seem to be able to make something of it!!

It's very frustrating, and something i think we need to work on, as other teams we play against always seem to be able to keep possesion or create something from their throw ins.

just wonder what other people think of this, whether they have picked up on it or not or whether it's just me....:grr:

Hibee_Rab
16-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Hibs have been cr*p (is that allowed? I'll play it safe) at throws ins for as long as I can remember aswell, no matter how good our team is at the time we can never seem to get them right:confused: I think it would be good for us to train someone up as a 'long throw taker' because then it can be as useful as a freekick

Cropley10
16-09-2009, 04:38 PM
I don't know if this is just a pet hate of mine or if everyone else sees this as well but every time we have a throw in we don't seem to be able to keep possession or create anything from it. whether it be deep inside our own half or in an attacking position we never seem to be able to make something of it!!

It's very frustrating, and something i think we need to work on, as other teams we play against always seem to be able to keep possesion or create something from their throw ins.

just wonder what other people think of this, whether they have picked up on it or not or whether it's just me....:grr:

Jeez it's hard not to notice. Under Mixu we were dreadful, especially from a throw in our own half, where the only tactic was a throw to Fletch to nod and see if we could win the 50:50.

I'm not convinced that it's not something 'beneath' our players to train and work on!:grr:

Jack
16-09-2009, 04:55 PM
We’ve been crap (I’ll try it) since it was a shy!!!!

Mixu was asked about this last year and he said it was something they worked on. :cool2:

TBH I have noticed we’re not as bad as we were, still not as good as many other teams who throw to feet, instead of groin or bounce to thigh or that really awkward height that you cant do anything with it.

Www1875hfc
16-09-2009, 05:53 PM

Dont know how many times we have discussed this at a match,seems every time the opposing side get a throw in,they have a man spare,but when we get a throw in, we dont have options.
Does ma bloody heed in so it does.:grr:

Hibs Spain
16-09-2009, 06:03 PM

just wonder what other people think of this, whether they have picked up on it or not or whether it's just me....:grr:I've noticed it for years.It's a basic thing that can be productive but we seem to have no idea about it. I reckon we must have had more foul throws against because of basic lack of technique than anyone else. Even when we get a simple one we throw it at the guy's throat or knee or make it as hard as possible for the receiving player to control it easily :grr:

ancient hibee
16-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Shades had a great long throw-the only decen one we've ever had.

It amazes me that when we are defending and have a throw when the thrower commts the cardinal sin of throwing into the middle of the park instead of down the wing.

Newhaven
17-09-2009, 06:10 AM
We've been crap at throws since 1984 - just chucking it up the line hoping for a flick on.

I was hoping East Mains would bring an end to this but sadly no :boo hoo:

RIP
17-09-2009, 07:32 AM
You should go watch Letham Sky Blues U13's when my Cammy (full back) takes a thow-in

Plenty of calling for the ball and loads of movement. Coach teaches signals i.e. "On my head" (flick-on); "Over my shoulder" (turn and run); "to my feet" (Quick One-Two"); "To my chest" (overhead/overshoulder kick)

All players on their toes and brains working

hibsbollah
17-09-2009, 08:32 AM
since it was a shy!!!!

When did it stop being called a shy?:confused:

hibhib7
17-09-2009, 11:42 AM
For as many years as I can remember (probably since Eric Schaedler) I've dreaded us getting a 'shy' in our own half, as it invariably starts a dangerous attack for the opposition.

I can't remember us being different under any manager.

Sir David Gray
17-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Our main problem, from what I can see, is that our players are like statues at throw-ins.

There is very little movement by any of them to try and lose their marker and that often leads to the opposition easily regaining possession.

Jack
17-09-2009, 12:24 PM
When did it stop being called a shy?:confused:

When it became a throw in :agree:

Woody1985
17-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Shades had a great long throw-the only decen one we've ever had.

It amazes me that when we are defending and have a throw when the thrower commts the cardinal sin of throwing into the middle of the park instead of down the wing.

Throwing down the line pisses me off when I play. Unless you're deep in your own half then try and get it to a players feet and use the ball rather than it being swept away by a full back. :grr:

sam armstrong
17-09-2009, 01:02 PM

We don't have a striker who can hold on to the ball under pressure. Benji can do it but he is not playing at the moment.

Ell_Chrisso
17-09-2009, 01:05 PM
You should go watch Letham Sky Blues U13's when my Cammy (full back) takes a thow-in

Plenty of calling for the ball and loads of movement. Coach teaches signals i.e. "On my head" (flick-on); "Over my shoulder" (turn and run); "to my feet" (Quick One-Two"); "To my chest" (overhead/overshoulder kick)

All players on their toes and brains working

Shooting downhill at 7 acres will also help this cause :wink:

vahibbie
17-09-2009, 01:10 PM
We’ve been crap (I’ll try it) since it was a shy!!!!

Mixu was asked about this last year and he said it was something they worked on. :cool2:

TBH I have noticed we’re not as bad as we were, still not as good as many other teams who throw to feet, instead of groin or bounce to thigh or that really awkward height that you cant do anything with it.
Better than last season but still rank:bitchy:
We show little initiative or real movement at throw-ins and as already posted no-one since Shades that could hurl the baw a decent distance.
Mibbe throw-ins are no "flair" enough for us to practice:devil: