PDA

View Full Version : Have I missed something? (BLACK STRIP)

WellingtonHibby
16-09-2009, 01:51 PM
When did this happen? And why?
Ive not seen anything about it on the 'fishul site..?
Is it on sale? Does it make a mockery of the "cost effective" shorts/swap top schtick?

Andy74
16-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Is it on sale? Does it make a mockery of the "cost effective" shorts/swap top schtick?

It's barely had a mention. From another thread it appears most thought it was the old black one brought back for the day, I don't think it was, it was this year's design in black.

No idea why it was needed, maybe they will be launching it at some stage. Christmas maybe!

GlesgaeHibby
16-09-2009, 02:02 PM

Totally. There was nothing wrong with wearing the home strip on sunday.

Ritchie
16-09-2009, 02:14 PM
it was the ref's decision... said our home and away strip would clash with hamiltons.

i think the black strip is actually a goalie top.... thats what i heard anyway. :confused:

scott7_0(Prague)
16-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Totally. There was nothing wrong with wearing the home strip on sunday.

But we were not at home :wink:

Pretty Boy
16-09-2009, 02:28 PM
The simple fact is if the fans and club insist on having a white away strip then in the modern game we will need a 3rd strip against Celtic, Hamilton and possibly Kilmarnock.

Cocaine&Caviar
16-09-2009, 02:32 PM
A short sleeved (non goalkeeper) shirt black shirt is now in the clubstore window...

Andy74
16-09-2009, 02:40 PM
The simple fact is if the fans and club insist on having a white away strip then in the modern game we will need a 3rd strip against Celtic, Hamilton and possibly Kilmarnock.

Agree with you there, although I think we get to carried away with clashes where there really are none.

I've said this a few times about the white strip, it makes no sense as it doesn't really help with most of the potential clashes we have,

Tomsk
16-09-2009, 02:59 PM
it was the ref's decision... said our home and away strip would clash with hamiltons.
i think the black strip is actually a goalie top.... thats what i heard anyway. :confused:

Is this for real?

Does it mean we are going to have to change every time we play a team that wears white shorts?

Golden Bear
16-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Is this for real?

Does it mean we are going to have to change every time we play a team that wears white shorts?

I certainly hope not!

I'm convinced that the *loody back strip is jinxed - I don't recollect seeing a match which we've actually won whilst wearing it.

DITCH THE BLACK - and make it sharpish!

:grr:

PC Stamp
16-09-2009, 03:42 PM
We beat Gretna 1-0 at Fir Park IIRC? Fletch scored from a Stevenson cut back.

Sir David Gray
16-09-2009, 03:49 PM
We beat Gretna 1-0 at Fir Park IIRC? Fletch scored from a Stevenson cut back.

According to this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7086255.stm) it would seem that we were wearing our normal green strips that day. I think you are correct though, I'm sure we did win at least one match whilst wearing a black strip. :agree:

To be fair though even if that was correct, we could probably have worn pink strips with yellow spots and had eleven Christian Nades in our team and still beaten Gretna. :greengrin

Hibercelona
16-09-2009, 03:51 PM
According to this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7086255.stm) it would seem that we were wearing our normal green strips that day. I think you are correct though, I'm sure we did win at least one match whilst wearing a black strip. :agree:

To be fair though even if that was correct, we could probably have worn pink strips with yellow spots and had eleven Christian Nades in our team and still beaten Gretna. :greengrin

Hearts couldn't beat them with 1 Nade, never mind 11. :devil: