PDA

View Full Version : For those who knew Dad.

Jimbo
15-09-2009, 04:52 PM
http://www.legacy.com/can-calgary/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=132876953

If it's wrongly located, feel free ......

GreenPJ
15-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Rip

Golden Bear
15-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Sincere condolensces.

PC Stamp
15-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Jim,

So very sorry to hear of Henry's death. As you know, I had the great pleasure of meeting Henry on a couple of occasions when I visited Calgary and met up with you and the Calgary Hibs lads.
He was a fine man with many a tale to tell.

I'm sure the many happy memories you hold will soon wash away the grief you feel now.

My thoughts are with you all at this sad time.

Best wishes
Cliff Pike
Hibernian TV

Jonnyboy
15-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Rip

Hibercelona
15-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Afraid I never had the pleasure of meeting him. But it sounds like he was a really great man.

You and your family must be going through an extremely difficult time right now, it can't be easy to lose your old man.

My condolences to you and the rest of your family.

And may his soul rest in peace.

Jimbo
16-09-2009, 05:09 AM
My thanks for the condolences, with a special mention to Cliff for his kind words. (all true, btw) The auld man wasn't perfect, but was as good as most of us come.

I didn't do this to instigate one of those "rip" threads, just to let some of the guys on here who may have known Dad, know what had transpired.

Thanks again.

gylehibby
17-09-2009, 11:04 AM
It was a pleasure knowing your father and it must be a very sad sad lose for you all.
All of our thoughts are with you guys right now.

Special memory for Claire and I was when Henry was dancing on the table in Jeffs house in the wee small hours after another Scottish Cup Final (losing) party.
Look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Sincere condolensces.

Darren1875
17-09-2009, 01:28 PM
R.i.p

ozzie
17-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Rest in peace uncle henry

you will be at the scottish cup triumph in my heart & we will celebrate in style just for you.

jim, tommy & leslie & the kids thinking of you at this sad time

Donna x

CalgaryHibs
17-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Just got back from holidays and found out that wee Henry has past on, sad day for us here in Calgary. Henry was our oldest member but never be forgotten.
Went to visit him and his last words to me were "Kenny when i die i'll be looking doon on the HI-BEES!"

Sad day indeed.

Thanx to the Hibs.net boys for this thread.....

hughio
17-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Just got back from holidays and found out that wee Henry has past on, sad day for us here in Calgary. Henry was our oldest member but never be forgotten.
Went to visit him and his last words to me were "Kenny when i die i'll be looking doon on the HI-BEES!"

Sad day indeed.

Thanx to the Hibs.net boys for this thread.....

Had to laugh out loud when I read the gentlemans last words to you!

That's what you call a fan!

RIP

BarneyK
18-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Rest in Peace, Uncle Henry

La Machine Vert
18-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Jim,
Very sorry to learn of Henry's passing and sincere condolences to you and the family.

I'll cherish the great memories of sharing many a beer and tale in his company at the
Ship before going to the Rose where he'd out-party everyone in sight.

He was a very kind, sincere man, a great Hibee and was much loved my all who met him. I can tell you that he was very much in my thoughts during his last few days as indeed he always will be.

Rest in Peace Henry.

Dave Baxter

King Paddy
18-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Just like to offer my condolences. I no how it feels to lose a dad i lost mine a few years back. All i can say is remember the good times you had together.

Jimbo
19-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Jim,
Very sorry to learn of Henry's passing and sincere condolences to you and the family.

I'll cherish the great memories of sharing many a beer and tale in his company at the
Ship before going to the Rose where he'd out-party everyone in sight.

He was a very kind, sincere man, a great Hibee and was much loved my all who met him. I can tell you that he was very much in my thoughts during his last few days as indeed he always will be.

Rest in Peace Henry.

Dave Baxter

Ha ha, Dave, isn't that the truth.

A final thanks to all.
The Ship did him proud, post-funeral on Thursday. They closed off the East side, (patio included) laid on a couple of kegs, shots of Glenmorangie, a crackin' buffet, along with a slide show on one of their big screens featuring almost 200 pictures, old and new. Was feeling a tad ruff ruff yesterday morning.

One (well, 3) last thing(s);
Gylehibby - Davie?
Donna - cousin Sandra's daughter?
BarneyK - ?

ozzie
19-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Ha ha, Dave, isn't that the truth.

A final thanks to all.
The Ship did him proud, post-funeral on Thursday. They closed off the East side, (patio included) laid on a couple of kegs, shots of Glenmorangie, a crackin' buffet, along with a slide show on one of their big screens featuring almost 200 pictures, old and new. Was feeling a tad ruff ruff yesterday morning.

One (well, 3) last thing(s);
Gylehibby - Davie?
Donna - cousin Sandra's daughter?
BarneyK - ?

Jim, im cousin helens daughter and BarneyK is my big brother. Also darren1875 is cousin sandras youngest.

Jimbo
19-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Jim, im cousin helens daughter and BarneyK is my big brother. Also darren1875 is cousin sandras youngest.

As kids, your mum used to tell us ghost stories. :eek:

Please tell her, Sandra, Mima, Ian and Ronnie, I was asking and will hopefully see them next time I'm home.
You'll know what I mean when I say Ian is the only truly "sensible" one in there. :wink:

Jim

vahibbie
19-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Jim,
Sorry to hear about your Dad, he sounded like a really great guy.
Looks like you picked up your love of the horses from him although he was probably a lot better at it than you. After all he was a Hibby.
Did Les make it across? Please pass on my sympathy to her as well.
Take care of yourself.
Cheers, Bill.

Jimbo
20-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Jim,
Sorry to hear about your Dad, he sounded like a really great guy.
Looks like you picked up your love of the horses from him although he was probably a lot better at it than you. After all he was a Hibby.
Did Les make it across? Please pass on my sympathy to her as well.
Take care of yourself.
Cheers, Bill.

Thanks, Bill. Long time no speak.
Actually, we were about as hopeless as each other, although he had less of an excuse as he tended to back the favourites, as opposed to me and my "wishful thinkers".

Les is still here, as are my brother and his son. Tam and Scott are going down to Vegas, tomorrow, for a few days, then they all head back next Sunday. (I'm taking a crash course in contortionism, in order to smuggle myself into one of their suitcases)

I'll pass your message along to her.

Cheers, mate.

ozzie
20-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Hi Jim

i've sent you a pm.

& i'll make sure i tell iain you were asking for him as hes not likely to have read it on here, him being the blacksheep an all :greengrin

gunnerhibee
21-09-2009, 04:31 AM
who's posted on this link - those I know and those I don't. Dad would've appreciated all your kind words.
Davie, see you at ER in the not too distant future.
Donna, I remember the night big cuz Sandra had that wee party for 'Henri' and we all (well at least most of us) ended up singing Hibs songs, much to the chagrin of the Jambos in attendance !!
Bill, glad to hear that you're alive and well - was beginning to wonder, since you hadn't 'surfaced' for a while -)
Kenny, it's now down to you and Ross to keep the green flag flying in Calgary!!

ozzie
21-09-2009, 12:51 PM
hahahaha, that was a great night, i've still got little videos on my phone of you singing & dancing to glory glory, & uncle henry singing henry the eighth :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

you will need to pop over for a wee drink at my mum's soon.

donna x

blueisthecolour
21-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Rip.