PDA

View Full Version : BOWLS - Problem with stickers (Now available in the hibs shop)

MB62
15-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Right folks, jsut when I thought everything was sorted, I got a phone call from the printers saying that I had to check with the club as we were using their official badge and that it was copywrite stuff.
I've just phoned the club and spoke to a really nice lass, however, she is saying that we are NOT allowed to do this as the club catagorically will NOT allow it.

I have to e-mail her with the details as I asked if the club would be prepared to do this officially from the club shop, but she is not hopeful.
Apparently the company I have gone to have had exactly the same problem with loads of othe clubs, the Yams being one, who also refused, but then told the printers to go ahead anyway and they would sell the stickers officially from Swinie.

What I can get is HIBERNIAN on one side and 1875 on the Bias side which, if everybody is still up for it, and assuming Hibs don't take up the print run to sell officially, I am going to go for.

Let me know if the new option above is suitable please.

James Connolly
15-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Bit of a bummer Mike; but I'd still be up for the new option.

Lmc2105
15-09-2009, 04:48 PM
you fought hibs would support all sports the supporters do no:confused:

bit of a let down by the club me thinks,

but yeah the alternative is fine :agree:

sambajustice
15-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Typical football club mentality!

How about Hibernian 1875 on the "big" side and a Harp for the Bias?

Jack
15-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Not for me thanks. :-(

Good try but I'm not surprised by the club. BMW, when the clubs I'm with tried something similar, threatened legal action for thinking about it!

MB62
15-09-2009, 05:58 PM
I've slightly jumped the gun lads as I am still waiting on the club getting back to me, hopefully tomorrow, but the way the girl spoke on the phone, I'm not too hopeful. She was very pleasant, just didn't think it would probably be worth it.
TBH, if the club don't think it's worth their while doing it, I don't see why they would have a problem with us going ahead with it. It's not as though I am making any money out of it as I was just doing it at cost price to get my outlay back. You can bet your boots though if the club do go ahead, it will be at least twice the price I was going to sell for, and possibly even more. I can probably understand that, they have to make some sort of profit on it, but it will put people off buying them.

There I go jumping the gun again though, I don't know what they will say, so fingers crossed eh.

BTW, even if they did sell them at say £1.50 a set, I would still buy them.

Scouse Hibee
15-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Just won't be the same without the badge!!

tanfield
15-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Would still buy the stickers Mike. As someone has already stated what about a harp on the bias side??

ANDY McGEECHAN
15-09-2009, 07:52 PM
10 sets of whatever you decide mate.

sg7nil
15-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Lots of guys would have bought multiple sets of the stickers if it made it cheaper to get them in bulk.

If the official shop was to get them, they'd probably not sell as many, since there would be no advantage to buying a pile at a time.

You'd be able to just pick your sets up one or two at a time.

MB62
16-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Lots of guys would have bought multiple sets of the stickers if it made it cheaper to get them in bulk.

If the official shop was to get them, they'd probably not sell as many, since there would be no advantage to buying a pile at a time.

You'd be able to just pick your sets up one or two at a time.

I can understand the club trying to protect the name and stop bandits selling counterfeit goods. The girl on the phone said she get an incredible amount of requests to let people use the club crest and name and it's without exception that they get knocked back.

I have had a look on the official web site and they sell pencils at 49p each so they are prepared to do such things. Bowls stickers would be less repetative sale I would imagine, but they would be something that would shift, IMO.

Anyway, I will wait until I hear from the girl at the club, hopefully she will reply today at some stage with some decision.

MSK
17-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Heard anything back Mike ..?

MB62
17-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Heard anything back Mike ..?

Yes, BUT,

I got a phone call from someone from Easter Road yesterday asking me about the whole situation and explaining about the copy write issue. It sounded very much like to me that the club were going to get in touch with the printers and take this wee venture up themselves officially, selling the stickers in the shop. The guy seemed to be worried that, for Hibs to make it worth their while to do this, their mark up on a set of stickers would be more than twice what I was quoting everybody and that people then might not be interested. I told him my own opinion on this was, I would rather pay Hibs say £1.50 for a set of stickers than a printer down south 70p, knowing I am ever so slightly helping the club, but that I couldn't speak for everybody else.
He said he was going to get in touch with the printers and speak to them, then call me back. Up until close of business last night, he had done neither, as I phoned the printers to explain what was happening.
I will wait until early afternoon tomorrow and try and get back in touch with both Hibs shop and printers to see what is happening, if anything.
Bottom line I suppose, if Hibs are not going to do it for whatever reason, then we can do an alternative ourselves but it will have to be without the club crest, for the obvious copy write problems.
Hopefully the club shop will go ahead with this though and we can all buy them from there.

MSK
17-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Yes, BUT,

I got a phone call from someone from Easter Road yesterday asking me about the whole situation and explaining about the copy write issue. It sounded very much like to me that the club were going to get in touch with the printers and take this wee venture up themselves officially, selling the stickers in the shop. The guy seemed to be worried that, for Hibs to make it worth their while to do this, their mark up on a set of stickers would be more than twice what I was quoting everybody and that people then might not be interested. I told him my own opinion on this was, I would rather pay Hibs say £1.50 for a set of stickers than a printer down south 70p, knowing I am ever so slightly helping the club, but that I couldn't speak for everybody else.
He said he was going to get in touch with the printers and speak to them, then call me back. Up until close of business last night, he had done neither, as I phoned the printers to explain what was happening.
I will wait until early afternoon tomorrow and try and get back in touch with both Hibs shop and printers to see what is happening, if anything.
Bottom line I suppose, if Hibs are not going to do it for whatever reason, then we can do an alternative ourselves but it will have to be without the club crest, for the obvious copy write problems.
Hopefully the club shop will go ahead with this though and we can all buy them from there.Cheers Mike...cracking work mate ..fingers crossed ...

MB62
22-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Apparently Hibs have now been in touch with the printers and have taken this up themselves. Hopefully we will soon be able to buy them officially from the shop.

sambajustice
22-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Apparently Hibs have now been in touch with the printers and have taken this up themselves. Hopefully we will soon be able to buy them officially from the shop.

:grr::grr::grr:

Just stealing your ideas and will charge 3 or 4 times the price!!!

You should be asking for royalties!!

MB62
12-10-2009, 07:43 AM
I was in the club shop on Saturday and spoke to Richard, the guy who is dealing with the bowls stickers. He is definitely going ahead with this and should hopefully have these in the shop in the next few weeks.

There was apparently a problem with the crest, he was not happy with the initial artwork produced, but they are working on this problem. I also think they might be WHITE with GREEN lettering, which would not have been my choice but I will still buy them anyway.

tanfield
12-10-2009, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the update Mike. Like you I would have preferred the colours the other way round but will still buy them.:agree:

MB62
12-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the update Mike. Like you I would have preferred the colours the other way round but will still buy them.:agree:

I thought Richard was being a bit pernickity with the badge stuff and tried to mention that the GREEN background was the better option, but I think it was falling on deaf ears because of the problems with the badge.
I felt like saying, 'fer F's sake, it's only bowling stickers, does it really matter how detailed the badge actually turns out' but he seems to take great pride in his work so good on him for that I suppose.

tanfield
16-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Not been down to the Hibs shop for a while. Anyone know if they have got the Bowls stickers in yet??

gilliecabbage
16-11-2009, 10:55 PM
these stickers will look amazing on my green classic II's:thumbsup:

James Connolly
06-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Right, only 13 weeks on Saturday till opening day...not that I'm counting.:wink:

Any updates on these elusive stickers?

MSK
06-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Right, only 13 weeks on Saturday till opening day...not that I'm counting.:wink:

Any updates on these elusive stickers?Was thinking aboot that earlier funnily enough ..:greengrin

Cannae wait ..:thumbsup:

tanfield
23-01-2010, 11:30 AM

Any updates on these elusive stickers?

Just popped into the club shop this morning and the stickers are in stock. They are white with "Hibernian F.C." on outside sticker and hibs badge on bias side in green. Looks excellent:thumbsup:

Priced at £1 for a set of 4 so not excessive. Just picked up a couple of sets.

Big thanks to Burnsie for making this happen:agree:

Lmc2105
25-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Just popped into the club shop this morning and the stickers are in stock. They are white with "Hibernian F.C." on outside sticker and hibs badge on bias side in green. Looks excellent:thumbsup:

Big thanks to Burnsie for making this happen:agree:

Sounds good Andy :thumbsup:

btw is it not about time to start the thread and rivalry with hibs and the northern:devil:

MSK
25-01-2010, 07:37 PM

Big thanks to Burnsie for making this happen:agree:Excellent Andy ..cheers for letting us know ..gonna pop down next week & snap up a few sets...

btw is it not about time to start the thread and rivalry with hibs and the northern:devil:Coming soon Lee ...:thumbsup:

Lmc2105
25-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Excellent Andy ..cheers for letting us know ..gonna pop down next week & snap up a few sets...

Coming soon Lee ...:thumbsup:

counting the days kenny :thumbsup:

MSK
25-01-2010, 08:20 PM
counting the days kenny :thumbsup:Gonna look classy wi us :hnet: beating Northern hibbies (again) wi oor newly stickered bowls eh !!! ...:thumbsup:

tanfield
25-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Gonna look classy wi us :hnet: beating Northern hibbies (again) wi oor newly stickered bowls eh !!! ...:thumbsup:

You better believe it. I know it's still a while away but I can fix the draw to get Mike again????:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
01-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Picked up four sets on Saturday at the club shop, excellent they will look superb especially as there are several with Jambo stickers at our club. :greengrin

MB62
03-02-2010, 08:08 AM

btw is it not about time to start the thread and rivalry with hibs and the northern:devil:

Morning guys.

I was just thinking about this today, which is the reason I popped into this thread obviously.

Great news on the stickers, I had almost given up hope on them and was starting to think I may have to come up with an independant alternative but I will visit the shop in the next few days when I go to get my tickets for Saturday.

On giving you :hnet: mugs a hammering this up coming season. I will need to try and come up with a date for this, some time in June hopefully

Is there any dates in June that doesn't suit people.

MSK
03-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Morning guys.

I was just thinking about this today, which is the reason I popped into this thread obviously.

Great news on the stickers, I had almost given up hope on them and was starting to think I may have to come up with an independant alternative but I will not visit the shop in the next few days when I go to get my tickets for Saturday.

On giving you :hnet: mugs a hammering this up coming season. I will need to try and come up with a date for this, some time in June hopefully

Is there any dates in June that doesn't suit people.What was the last date we had Mike ...my heid was a blur that day ...:party: ...:hnet:

MB62
03-02-2010, 09:01 AM
What was the last date we had Mike ...my heid was a blur that day ...:party: ...:hnet:

Saturday June 20th. A great day which was thoroughly enjoyable, despite :hnet: scrapping a narrow win that day.

It will not happen again :greengrin

MSK
03-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Saturday June 20th. A great day which was thoroughly enjoyable, despite :hnet: scrapping a narrow win that day.

It will not happen again :greengrinHow about round about the same time then Mike.. Sat 19th ...D day !!!! ...thats Dooms day for you lot :greengrin