PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Spin

ahibby
15-09-2009, 01:14 PM
I think the Hibs Spin is spinning out of control these days. Players going on about our training facilities being the reason the came etc. Come off it the most important thing is surely how much money they can earn in a short career. Maybe I have the wrong attitude but I would go where the money is not where the training facilities are best (the exception of course would be Hearts, no matter how much they offered).

Yogi telling us that he has had the full support of the board. Come off it, if that was truely the case then surely we would have someone in midfield who can actually win a ball and a centre half worthy of the title. If it is the case though then why hasn't Yogi got either. You know Bamba is capable of winning the ball in midfield his problem is what then to do with it. However, if we had a decent centre half in then Bamba could play in midfield.

Either the board aren't totally committed to doing what needs to be done or Yogi hasn't identified what we need!

The_Todd
15-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Given that we're not exactly well known for our wages, I doubt that any of our players are here for the purpose of filling their bank accounts.

I can't see why the facilities aren't a valid reason?

Ell_Chrisso
15-09-2009, 01:28 PM
I think the Hibs Spin is spinning out of control these days. Players going on about our training facilities being the reason the came etc. Come off it the most important thing is surely how much money they can earn in a short career. Maybe I have the wrong attitude but I would go where the money is not where the training facilities are best (the exception of course would be Hearts, no matter how much they offered).

Yogi telling us that he has had the full support of the board. Come off it, if that was truely the case then surely we would have someone in midfield who can actually win a ball and a centre half worthy of the title. If it is the case though then why hasn't Yogi got either. You know Bamba is capable of winning the ball in midfield his problem is what then to do with it. However, if we had a decent centre half in then Bamba could play in midfield.

Either the board aren't totally committed to doing what needs to be done or Yogi hasn't identified what we need!

am i the only one not understanding much of this post?

take Liam Millers comments against this, i think the fact we do have some of the best facilities available does influence players decisions into coming to us... :confused:

s.a.m
15-09-2009, 01:33 PM
If had two clubs pursuing me, with wages not too far apart, I would feel more positive about a club that looked properly set up and professionally run.

Jonnyboy
15-09-2009, 01:46 PM

Sorry buddy but I disagree with a lot of what you say

It's pretty well documented by the players that have arrived at the club since the training centre opened that the facilities helped them make up their minds whether to sign or not. I don't know if you've had a tour of the place but it's top notch with wonderful facilities to assist players in getting fit and recovering from injury.

As to the Board not backing the manager I think the rash of signings since Yogi took over nullifies your argument. If we've not signed a centre half or midfield ball winner its because Yogi has not identified his targets rather than the Board not giving him the money.

No offence buddy, just a counter view to your own :thumbsup:

Hibercelona
15-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Well if I had the choice between...

Playing at a club on smaller wages, but with great facilities, run by great people with a great attitude about the game, a better looking stadium, an excellent youth academy & great fans.

And...

Playing for a club who pays bigger wage, but not necessarily on time, a manky stadium in a manky area, people who just arent people, poor facilities that they don't even own, can't pay their water bills, can't pay to fix a light, they have a poor attitude about the game and prefer to play lump ball & who's liability has flown out the window.

I know where i'd go. :agree:

Peevemor
15-09-2009, 01:54 PM
LTYF :devil:

Monts
15-09-2009, 02:02 PM

...or the other clubs didnt want to let their players leave :dunno:

ahibby
15-09-2009, 07:02 PM
...or the other clubs didnt want to let their players leave :dunno:

Could be.

ahibby
15-09-2009, 07:04 PM
LTYF :devil:

:rotflmao: Atleast I can understand why you would think that.

ahibby
15-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Sorry buddy but I disagree with a lot of what you say

No offence buddy, just a counter view to your own :thumbsup:

No worries I was just playing devils advo.. and all that. Sorry.