PDA

View Full Version : **Fresher's Fair - Edinburgh Uni Hibs Society - win SIGNED top!!**

JennaFletcher
15-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Just a quick reminder to those of you who are at Edinburgh University, fresher or not... come along to the societies fair:

Tomorrow (Wednesday) 16th and Thursday 17th - 10am - 4pm! At the pleasance sports hall - Cairngorm Room.

Membership fees = £3... well worth it as a lot of good stuff to come in the year... plus Wed and Thurs only.. sign up and pay your membership fees and get a raffle ticket to win a SIGNED 09-10 Hibs shirt.

The signed shirt will be on display at the fair, come along and see what you have a good chance of winning! :agree:

The winner will be drawn at the end of the fair on Thursday and we will notify this person by email/phone! Could be you...!

Baldy
15-09-2009, 10:18 PM
if I come along can you get me some student ID :greengrin

Jamesie
15-09-2009, 10:29 PM
It is great to see this up and running; as early as 2002 I was trying to do likewise with no success, so well done to Jenna to getting the ball rolling here. :thumbsup:

JennaFletcher
16-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Thanks for all the support :agree:

Sitting in the fair just now... no one has been yet, so come see us! Besides... since there's not many people turned up yet you have a really good chance of winning the signed shirt - so many raffle tickets!
:wink:

HibeeEmma
16-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Where is the fair?

JennaFletcher
17-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Where is the fair?

The societies fair is in the Pleasance court yard. We can be found on the right had side as you walk through the main archway. We're in a little house up some stairs. There are signs up outside the building detailing what societies are in each area.

You thinking of coming down?

:greengrin

danhibees1875
17-09-2009, 11:53 AM
How many people have signed up so far?

:thumbsup:

Sir Mixulot
17-09-2009, 12:53 PM
There have been 17 folk signed up- not including the committee members (3 of us).
Anyone reading this and is part of Edinburgh University get yourself done hear and signed up!

mglancy23
17-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Where is the fair?

bet you missed it cos you where late :greengrin

Supraninja
17-09-2009, 08:22 PM
So who won the top then? My jambo mate signed up just to try and win it... i hope he didnt, his plans for it sounded less than satisfactory.

JennaFletcher
17-09-2009, 08:51 PM
We decided to do the draw in front of everyone at our first meeting next Friday at 6pm in Native State. So then when I win it, everything will look legit :wink: Just joking, only new members are in this draw!

Will be emailing all those who've supplied me an email with info on Friday and any other updates... :agree:

All in all, a very successful two days for us... 26 or so people signing up and 20 or so paying membership fees up front.

Thanks to all those who came down to see us, without your support we wouldn't get very far. Your support is central to the running of our society. see you all soon :agree:

Frogga
17-09-2009, 09:04 PM
I couldn't make it over the past few days but would still like to sign up... I came to the original sign up a few months ago so you might have my details.

Can I still join... Please... :greengrin

HibeeEmma
17-09-2009, 10:04 PM
bet you missed it cos you where late :greengrin

Your 100% right. I went down on Wednesday for an hour but couldn't find it in the roasting hot room and didn't know where else there was. Was late for a post-grad talk so couldn't spend time looking then was meant to go down today but was very late meeting friends so didn't end up having time to go.

Can I still join as well?
What does membership get you?
Are there socials?

Tattie
17-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Hi Jenna, me and my my mate tried to sign up last semester when it was first started but never got round to meeting you but we did give you our emails, could you find out if we are members or not?

SvenNeil
17-09-2009, 10:59 PM
My hibby nephew arrived from Shetland on Saturday and has a ST for the first time. Unfortunately, he has been on the skite all this week and has taken 'full advantage' of freshers week :wink:

Is there an e-mail or contact number he can get to join up with the merry band of UoE student hibee supporters?

He dosen't deserve to win any signed shirt btw - he'd only spew on it :greengrin

JennaFletcher
19-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi guys

Sorry it's taken me a few days to get back to you all, my internet has been playing up a bit.

You can still sign up, please email euhfc@hotmail.co.uk with the email add you would like to be added to our mailing list. Any queries or suggestions should be sent to this email address.

Membership is £3 (the lowest we could set it according to Edinburgh University Students Association) and we're looking into various things that we can get you for this amount. Hibs have already told us directly that we can get priority tickets for home and away matches - which will be especially good for popular games such as Hearts, Rangers and Celtic.

We're looking into getting Society membership cards that will enable us some sort of discounts and privileges. We're telling Hibs we can get the students involved (especially international) and through the gates, which in turn we'd like something back... hopefully the start of a good relationship!

We're able to book rooms within the University, so that'll probably occur sometimes, hopefully get some good speakers in, possibly ex players, managers etc.

We are aware the Aberdeen and Celtic supporters societies have 5 a sides frequently, which we can arrange if there is substantial interest.

Socials will be plentiful. We're aiming to meet up once a week, Fridays from 6pm to chat Hibs/football and get to know eachother better. First one is this friday at 6pm in Native State.

All relevant info will be sent to you through email at the above mentioned address.

We're a new society, just finding our feet, so we'd really like to know what you would like to see happening, we'll probably be able to arrange something! :agree:

Hope you all agree that this will be a good society and the continued support is pivotal while we're setting up.:agree:

Thanks
Jenna

danhibees1875
19-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Where is this native state place?

GlesgaeHibby
19-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Where is this native state place?

Just by George Square.

danhibees1875
19-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Just by George Square.

Awesome, which side though? Towards the library or bristo square?

GlesgaeHibby
19-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Awesome, which side though? Towards the library or bristo square?

By Bristo Square, can't remember the street it's on. Near the mosque.

stevensons-fan
19-09-2009, 05:54 PM
By Bristo Square, can't remember the street it's on. Near the mosque.

Its opposite the informatics forum on the main road where the shuttle bus stop is, next to the Japanese restaurant i think it is! :agree:

Supraninja
19-09-2009, 11:07 PM
I have substantial interest in 5 a sides :agree:

GlesgaeHibby
20-09-2009, 03:04 PM
I have substantial interest in 5 a sides :agree:

As do I. As a postgrad at Heriot Watt I don't have access to a Hibs supporters society :boo hoo: but if you guys want to get some fives organised somewhere in Edinburgh area I'd love to join. (If welcome, of course:wink:).

danhibees1875
25-09-2009, 11:21 AM
I take it this is still on tonight? Just making sure as I haven't received any emails from the society at all - so I think i might have written my email illegibly at the time. :greengrin

Betty Boop
25-09-2009, 11:31 AM
I take it this is still on tonight? Just making sure as I haven't received any emails from the society at all - so I think i might have written my email illegibly at the time. :greengrin

Tut tut, Arab Hibee will be gunning for you now! :greengrin

JennaFletcher
25-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Hi guys

Just a quick update - tonight is still going ahead. 6pm at Native State.

Dan - apologies you haven't received an email, I sent emails out to all those who left email addresses, maybe I typed it wrong?! What is your email? I'll add it to the mailing list.

The jist of the email was: draw for Hibs shirt to be done tonight, if you have yet to pay membership fees you can still sign up and enter the raffle for a chance of winning the Hibs shirt I so desperately want! Other stuff I was going on about was just to see who is interested in attending home matches, away matches and who would like to do 5 a side.

We're working on contact with the club so any updates on that front will be sent out to you asap via email and on this forum!

Be great to see you all tonight :greengrin

Jenna