PDA

View Full Version : interesting comments from Stokes and Miller

Hibs7
15-09-2009, 10:35 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Stokes-and-Miller-set-the.5646829.jp

well worth a read and shows Yogi is no mug.

Phil D. Rolls
15-09-2009, 10:38 AM
"The honeymoon period is over. If these guys don't want to go out there and give everything for themselves then I don't want them in my side."

I felt that there was a lack of spirit and commitment in the team last year, let's hope that Yogi has found the answer.

lapsedhibee
15-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Interesting read (though no comments from Stokes or Miller :wink: ).

Hibercelona
15-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Good to see that Yogi recognizes that he made some bad choices against Hamilton. :agree:

And for me, thats what will set the difference between him and Mixu.

It's early days for Yogi... but he's a man that will learn and learn fast. :thumbsup:

Also good to read that Stokes and Miller are determined to get to full match fitness and show the club and fans what they can do.

Hopefully they can lead by example and get the same idea drilled into the other lads minds.

Hibs7
15-09-2009, 10:45 AM
I liked the bit about the 3 x 7 aside teams hmmmmm:agree:

josef k
15-09-2009, 11:29 AM
I liked the bit about the 3 x 7 aside teams hmmmmm:agree:

Anyone guess/have inside info as to who the hard working 7 were?

HibeeB
15-09-2009, 11:40 AM

Or, indeed, the 14 lead swingers?

lapsedhibee
15-09-2009, 11:40 AM

Peter, Janet, Jack, Colin, George, Pam and Barbara.

Hibercelona
15-09-2009, 11:56 AM

The ground's keeper
The head janitor
1 of the admin staff
The technician
A turnstile worker
1 of the ball boys
yer maw :devil:

Jack
15-09-2009, 12:15 PM

Hamilton mugged us :grr:

Our midfield, allegedly!

Snow White made them a promise they couldn’t refuse :wink:

monktonharp
15-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Hamilton mugged us :grr:

Our midfield, allegedly!

Snow White made them a promise they couldn’t refuse :wink:Hamilton outfought us,true. They did get lucky though and got off to a flier,regarding the hapless handling ,for their penalty,and they went unpunished for the handball immedietly prior to their second goal. I could go on,about other "breaks" they got via the ref, but we had some totally inept performances,almost all round. you can expect poor days from one or two players during a match,but Sunday's stuff was unforgivable as it looked as if they thought it was enough to just turn up!

VegasHibby
16-09-2009, 05:24 AM

I don't doubt Yogi for one minute. He's really committed to his cause and it's a matter of time before things start working for him. Good to hear Miller and Stokes wanting to work harder. But it does make me wonder about alot of the players at Easter Rd they seem to have been spoiled with light training sessions and taking things for granted. I think Yogi is trying to change some of the players culture outside of match day just like Collins was trying to do. I hope it works this time

Pedantic_Hibee
16-09-2009, 06:15 AM
I don't doubt Yogi for one minute. He's really committed to his cause and it's a matter of time before things start working for him. Good to hear Miller and Stokes wanting to work harder. But it does make me wonder about alot of the players at Easter Rd they seem to have been spoiled with light training sessions and taking things for granted. I think Yogi is trying to change some of the players culture outside of match day just like Collins was trying to do. I hope it works this time

I think it will work. I think this time, such is the board's apparent belief and backing of Yogi, that Rod Petrie wouldn't even get his butler to answer the door to any dissident that comes a-chapping.

Any player who tries that will be skulking down Petrie's 800 yard driveway with his prayers unanswered and will find himself transfer-listed the following day no doubt.

Yogi's gonna get it right. :agree:

matty_f
16-09-2009, 07:04 AM
Yogi recognised that the big mistake that Collins made was trying to fix too much, too quickly.

Yogi will change the cultures at the club (getting rid of Boy George, for a start) but he won't do it overnight.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Yogi recognised that the big mistake that Collins made was trying to fix too much, too quickly.

Yogi will change the cultures at the club (getting rid of Boy George, for a start) but he won't do it overnight.

We want harmony in the team and players not afraid to show their true colours? [ Karma Chameleon?]Like Yogi says if the don't knuckle down they will be shown the door. [ you'll come and go?]

Tyler Durden
16-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Apparently Miller and Byrne scored in a 2-2 draw with Hamilton in this bounce game.

Billychaotic182
16-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Apparently Miller and Byrne scored in a 2-2 draw with Hamilton in this bounce game.

It was Galbraith that scored our 2nd

sahib
16-09-2009, 05:47 PM

I do.
Funny how his big signings are such, "jolly top ho blokes", in his unbiased opinion.