PDA

View Full Version : If Falkirk and Killie draw their games...

Toaods
14-09-2009, 08:27 PM
we've come out of this week OK.

Not lost too much ground in the league table and a few folk getting closer to the exit door at ER.

Jonnyboy
14-09-2009, 09:45 PM

Not lost too much ground in the league table and a few folk getting closer to the exit door at ER.

One down, one to go although I'd prefer a Killie win :greengrin

Toaods
14-09-2009, 09:55 PM
One down, one to go although I'd prefer a Killie win :greengrin

would they not go ahead of us though on 'more goals scored at home' on a countback?

Jonnyboy
14-09-2009, 09:56 PM
would they not go ahead of us though on 'more goals scored at home' on a countback?

Aye but it would put Hearts on the bottom :wink:

BEEJ
14-09-2009, 09:57 PM

On the other hand, with all the other results being draws we'll be the only team not to have gained anything from this round of SPL fixtures!

:wink:

Toaods
14-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Aye but it would put Hearts on the bottom :wink:

I'm happy to wait another week for that.

jacomo
14-09-2009, 10:37 PM

What is all this chat about players leaving, because I'm struggling to think of many who we can send on their way at the moment. :confused:

We had a terrible performance on Sunday, but Yogi seems to have thrown a whole can of petrol onto the fire. Talking about players leaving in early September is nonsense - the squad is set for the next 4 months at least.

Toaods
14-09-2009, 10:48 PM
What is all this chat about players leaving, because I'm struggling to think of many who we can send on their way at the moment. :confused:

We had a terrible performance on Sunday, but Yogi seems to have thrown a whole can of petrol onto the fire. Talking about players leaving in early September is nonsense - the squad is set for the next 4 months at least.

don't think many saw Van Zanten moving on in the last window but there you go.

iwasthere1972
14-09-2009, 11:33 PM

A 4-0 win for Killie tomorrow night would be a great result and would root the Yams to the foot of the table. :devil:

The following week Killie and Hearts play Rangers and Celtic respectively while we have St Johnstone at home. Hopefully we will have learned from our mistakes at Hamilton by then enabling us to leapfrog Killie if they don't beat the huns.

HFC 0-7
15-09-2009, 10:18 AM

Yogi can empty players if he likes, terminate contracts by mutual consent etc, putting players out on loan. Its easy to get shot of players.

Andy74
15-09-2009, 11:35 AM
On the other hand, with all the other results being draws we'll be the only team not to have gained anything from this round of SPL fixtures!

:wink:

Exactly, instead of pushing clear into third we may well be the only team in the league not to have taken any points this weekend.

If we are serious about being the third best team in the league, for what that's worth, then it's not on to keep doing this just when you need the points to push ahead.

joe breezy
15-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Exactly, instead of pushing clear into third we may well be the only team in the league not to have taken any points this weekend.

If we are serious about being the third best team in the league, for what that's worth, then it's not on to keep doing this just when you need the points to push ahead.

Indeed but you cannae change the past and may as well be slightly positive whilst realising it can't happen again.
A positive mindset should be able to enable all to move on and make the best of what's to come. Learn lessons but don't wallow in misery.

I agree with what you said though.