PDA

View Full Version : Question Why no criticism of Stack

Franck is God
14-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Why has there been no criticism of Stack? I wasn't at the game yesterday but I saw Stack in the league cup and then against Celtic.

The guy has been rooted to his line for 3 games now, the first goal yesterday was a perfect example of this. It was a decent corner but if Maka had been in goals there would be countless threads about how we need a dominant keeper at the back and how he should have come for the ball.

If however you stay on your line and never take a chance then obviously that equals no mistakes so no criticism....

Hibs Spain
14-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Why has there been no criticism of Stack? I wasn't at the game yesterday but I saw Stack in the league cup and then against Celtic.

The guy has been rooted to his line for 3 games now, the first goal yesterday was a perfect example of this. It was a decent corner but if Maka had been in goals there would be countless threads about how we need a dominant keeper at the back and how he should have come for the ball.

If however you stay on your line and never take a chance then obviously that equals no mistakes so no criticism.... Unless not coming off your line to prevent a goal doesn't count as a mistake?:dunno:

Danderhall Hibs
14-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Unless not coming off your line to prevent a goal doesn't count as a mistake?:dunno:

Which one should he have come off his line for yesterday? The penalty or the cross that reached the 18 yard line?

I think the answer to the question is he got no criticism 'cos he done nothing wrong!

WindyMiller
14-09-2009, 06:48 PM
We didn't lose a goal due to him not coming off his line. The 6 yard box was pretty crowded, so perhaps he decided staying on his line was the best option. If the ball hadn't struck Nish's arm no harm would've came from that play.

Hibs Spain
14-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Which one should he have come off his line for yesterday? The penalty or the cross that reached the 18 yard line?

I think the answer to the question is he got no criticism 'cos he done nothing wrong!Rooted to his line when a benign corner came over ending up with our bulldozer of a CF giving away a pen.:wink: He's mince..

fife hfc
14-09-2009, 06:56 PM
I wasn't at the game but he done nothing wrong at both goals so how can he be blamed:confused: Get a grip :grr: and with the numpty Maka in goals the score would have been the same.

Hibs Spain
14-09-2009, 06:56 PM
We didn't lose a goal due to him not coming off his line. The 6 yard box was pretty crowded, so perhaps he decided staying on his line was the best option. If the ball hadn't struck Nish's arm no harm would've came from that play.So Stack would have got away with it? Is that what you're saying?

WindyMiller
14-09-2009, 06:57 PM
So Stack made the right decision.

fife hfc
14-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Rooted to his line when a benign corner came over ending up with our bulldozer of a CF giving away a pen.:wink: He's mince..

do you butt **** makalambay or something:greengrin Your love affair with him is getting boring. he has had his chance and stuffed it up.

Franck is God
14-09-2009, 07:01 PM
I suppose everyone has his or her own opinion on how they like their keeper to play. I would rather have a keeper that really dominates the box and comes for crosses from free kicks and corners.

In the last two games against Celtic and Hamilton, Stack's reluctance to come for crosses allowed both sides to fire ball after ball into the six yard box, if the keeper steps off his line for a couple then they have to rethink their tactics and try something else.

What is not his fault was the number of free kicks and corners that we have given away in the last two games, if we're not defending them very well the last thing we should be doing is inviting pressure.

hibeezuco
14-09-2009, 07:06 PM
I've been to all the games stacks played in and I have yet to see him come and claim a cross. The fact is that aerial ability is what separates an average goalie and a good one. Im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt jst now but if it continues then he's not gonna instill any confidence in his centre backs by staying rooted to his line.

Pedantic_Hibee
14-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Rooted to his line when a benign corner came over ending up with our bulldozer of a CF giving away a pen.:wink: He's mince..

You make my eyes bleed. Seriously.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Theres no need to get on his back as he has done nothing wrong. 2 games and folk are wanting to get on his back. He could'nt do anything with the 2 goals yest and was infact unlucky with the penalty.

Spike Mandela
14-09-2009, 07:55 PM
I have seen Stack in two games. He has lost 3 goals. He has shown no exceptional qualities but has made no glaring errors. Like others have said he stays on his line and does not command his six yard box.

Maka has well documented flaws but is young with obvious talents in shot stopping and is certainly a presence in the box.

Between a rock and a hard place for me!

Hibs Spain
14-09-2009, 08:04 PM
I have seen Stack in two games. He has lost 3 goals. He has shown no exceptional qualities but has made no glaring errors. Like others have said he stays on his line and does not command his six yard box.

Maka has well documented flaws but is young with obvious talents in shot stopping and is certainly a presence in the box.

Between a rock and a hard place for me!Lost three goals already? In two games? Well well... There you go ... So,if it's goals lost we judge a keeper on :dunno:

Allant1981
14-09-2009, 08:21 PM

There was no way he could have came and claimed that ball. Would have been the same for any keeper

Gatecrasher
14-09-2009, 08:26 PM
There was no way he could have came and claimed that ball. Would have been the same for any keeper

Except maka of course :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
14-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Lost three goals already? In two games? Well well... There you go ... So,if it's goals lost we judge a keeper on :dunno:

I make it that he's conceded 3 goals in 3 games. None of which were his fault.

Maka's conceded 2 goals in 2 games. 1 of which was his fault.

Allant1981
14-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Except mama of course :wink:

Who?

Gatecrasher
14-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Who?

Sorry typo meant maka,:greengrin

bingo70
14-09-2009, 08:36 PM
I make it that he's conceded 3 goals in 3 games. None of which were his fault.

Maka's conceded 2 goals in 2 games. 1 of which was his fault.

Think we both know your wasting your time here. :wink:

Allant1981
14-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Sorry typo meant maka,:greengrin

Thought we had signed another keeper:wink:

Gatecrasher
14-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Thought we had signed another keeper:wink:

Oh god no! Can you imagine the threads if we had 3 keepers to argue over:bitchy:

rossi
14-09-2009, 08:45 PM
It is a shame to have a go at a guy after 3 games but IMHO the corner that Falkirk's penalty came from was definitely the goalkeepers ball; you can't stay on your line then hope to save a header from 4 yards out. Every corner Celtic had against us was panic stations and they eventually scored off a header from inside the 6 yard box. Every team in Scotland will be pumping high balls into the 6 yard box against us - without Jones it'll be scary.

Cool_Hand_Luke
14-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Lost three goals already? In two games? Well well... There you go ... So,if it's goals lost we judge a keeper on :dunno:

You could also go on the points picked up when each of the keepers played

Maka - played 2 - 6 points
Stack - played 2 - 0 points

:stirrer: :devil:
:greengrin

scott7_0(Prague)
14-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Ok so I will turn this up a little for the op, why no criticism of Hibs free scoring strikers??? :greengrin

lucky
14-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Stack is an average keeper. He will do the basics well and wont make glaring errors. Makka will make a great save then drop the next one in. As such the whole of the Hibernian family sh8te themselves whenever the ball goes near him. As for Sundays debacle there is no way was Stack at fault for either goal.

Hibs90
14-09-2009, 09:18 PM
do you butt **** makalambay or something:greengrin Your love affair with him is getting boring. he has had his chance and stuffed it up.

He is just right. Makalambay is ten times better than Stack will ever be.

Maka back in goals for the Saints games.

Hibs Spain
14-09-2009, 09:19 PM
You could also go on the points picked up when each of the keepers played

Maka - played 2 - 6 points
Stack - played 2 - 0 points

:stirrer: :devil:
:greengrin I'd already thought of that but didn't want to bring it up unless some people thought I wasn't being fair.. :greengrin

PISTOL1875
14-09-2009, 09:21 PM

Meeko thank god you are still alive.. I thought you dropped off the face of the planet.. Have you still not seen how Arsenal got on at the weekend ???

Cool_Hand_Luke
14-09-2009, 09:22 PM
I'd already thought of that but didn't want to bring it up unless some people thought I wasn't being fair.. :greengrin

The stats don't lie :greengrin

Allant1981
14-09-2009, 09:22 PM

Are you kidding? Maka is a good shot stopper and thats about it. Its clear that the defence have no confidence in Maka and made this clear when the monk played last year. I'll reserve judgement on Stack until he has played more than 3 games

Hibs90
14-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Meeko thank god you are still alive.. I thought you dropped off the face of the planet.. Have you still not seen how Arsenal got on at the weekend ???

I seen the score but will reserve judgement until I see the highlights/full game.

:wink:

PISTOL1875
Stack is an average keeper. He will do the basics well and wont make glaring errors. Makka will make a great save then drop the next one in. As such the whole of the Hibernian family sh8te themselves whenever the ball goes near him. As for Sundays debacle there is no way was Stack at fault for either goal.

100% correct.. Everytime the ball goes anywhere near Maka in the box , the whole of the home support fears the worst is coming....

Danderhall Hibs

Can you tell me why if you think Maka is good you have to think Stack is crap? Is it impossible to admit that they are both decent keepers who both have strengths and weaknesses?

I can't understand the witch-hunt against Stack - he's not even made a mistake yet FFS and you (and others) have written him off!

C'mon tell us what it is - does he need a catchy song or does he not spend long enough signing autographs?

Spike Mandela
14-09-2009, 09:24 PM

Pedant Alert!!!!:greengrin

Hate to keep labouring this point but any keeper who loses a goal is at fault. Stopping goals is his job!!

Hibs90
14-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Can you tell me why if you think Maka is good you have to think Stack is crap? Is it impossible to admit that they are both decent keepers who both have strengths and weaknesses?

I can't understand the witch-hunt against Stack - he's not even made a mistake yet FFS and you (and others) have written him off!

C'mon tell us what it is - does he need a catchy song or does he not spend long enough signing autographs?

I never said Stack was crap. I just think Maka is a better goalkeeper.

Danderhall Hibs
14-09-2009, 09:25 PM
I never said Stack was crap. I just think Maka is a better goalkeeper.

If you think Maka is "ten times better than Stack" then that equates to him being crap. :wink:

Why is he better? What in the 270 minutes of Stack has made you come to this conclusion?

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-09-2009, 09:26 PM
I would not blame Stack for any of the goals that he has conceded so far. If Maka had been in goal, I would not have blamed him either.:nerd:

PISTOL1875
14-09-2009, 09:28 PM
I seen the score but will reserve judgement until I see the highlights/full game.

:wink:

It was a exciting game.. You should go out your way and watch the highlights somewhere.....

PISTOL1875
14-09-2009, 09:30 PM

He made plenty of mistakes against Celtic by not coming off his line when the ball was there to be claimed...

Jack
14-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Ok so I will turn this up a little for the op, why no criticism of Hibs free scoring strikers??? :greengrin

Thats my line :grr:

GreenPJ
14-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Until we have a commanding centre half then my preference would be Maka. Teams will know that at the moment we are soft touches down both flanks and don't have the centre halves to command the box so we need a dominant goalkeeper. Maka is prone to the odd mistake, however, I think we need his presence just now until we solidify at the back.

On a slight side note it does worry me that Yogi does not appear to have a preferred team yet. We have made so many changes at right back when I think we have had a bigger problem at left back/left mid. He seems to be following the Mixu philosophy of trying to accomodate 3 strikers rather than play the best formation. He needs to formulate a formation and team and give them a few games together.

Littlest Hobo
14-09-2009, 09:56 PM
I've only seen Stack play twice and already I'm having my doubts about the fella. I'm no Maka fan either but by the looks of it, I think he could be back in goals sooner than we think. When will we ever get a couple of decent goalkeepers in? You just couldn't make this stuff up.:grr:

Franck is God
14-09-2009, 10:17 PM
as long as Stack stays in goals teams will fire the ball straight into the six yard box every time with as much pace as they can manage knowing that he will stay on his line.

I thought in pre-season we were starting to see the Maka we all knew he was capable of being, Stack is good cover with a bit of experience but Maka is the better of the two.

I saw someone mention that he was at fault for the St Mirren goal, he was partly at fault but Hogg and Hanlon deserve their share of the blame too.

Allant1981
14-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Maka is not good enough plain and simple as he has shown on numerous occasions. No idea how stack will turn out to be but if he doesnt turn out to be any good then we will be up **** creek without a paddle as Maka is not the answer

Speedway
14-09-2009, 11:04 PM
If Maka is the best option, we're in trouble. Sometimes I wonder if he knows what position he's playing.

Stack is solid and unspectacular. Stack for me.

BigKev
14-09-2009, 11:08 PM
I don't see how the people defending Maka somehow believe he comes and claims every cross ball into the box. He doesn't and 9/10 when he does he's that easy to nudge off the ball anyone could do it. For a big guy he doesn't collect enough and he even let Nade outjump him at ER last season ffs (the goal was ruled out for a non existent foul).

Maka has his good points but is soft as ***** and his concentration and handling woeful for a top class keeper.

Stack has came in, played three games, kept 1 clean sheet, lost 1 goal against arguably the best side in the country, concedened another from a penalty and lost one more from a fine finish after our centre half's were posted missing.

The Maka lovers should look for another scapegoat - why not jump on the Nish bandwagon??

TornadoHibby
15-09-2009, 08:21 AM

Funny, here's me thinking that he had maybe done that to you as you seem to positively dislike him with a severe vengeance! :cool2: :confused:

Seany HFC 7-0
15-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Maka is not good enough plain and simple as he has shown on numerous occasions. No idea how stack will turn out to be but if he doesnt turn out to be any good then we will be up **** creek without a paddle as Maka is not the answer

Maka isnt the answer, far too many mistakes he has had loads of chances. No time for hes young needs experience pish. Just not good enough im afraid.

Andy74
15-09-2009, 09:58 AM
I think Stack has done okay but to be fair he does not command even his six yard box.

I've heard people use this in the past against Hibs keepers with the simplistic belief that anything in the six yard box should be the keepers.

All of a sudden people are seeing that actually that may not always be the case depending on the delivery and how crowded the box is.

When comparing keepers it's not really good enough to say that one of them hasn't made a mistake yet just because he hasn't dropped something or messed a kick up, a mistake is also not even trying to go for something that you should be collecting to take the pressure off.

I don't think there's too much in it with the two goalkeepers. They both have their plus and minuses, but Maka certainly goes for more things which inevitibly will bring the odd spill or missed attempt.

I agree with those who say we will be under pressure from crosses with Stack in the team and we have looked, very, very vulnerable from those areas in the games he has played.

J-C
15-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Must admit against Celtic the fact that Stack was rooted to his line at all times gave Celtic the license to whip balls into his are knowing he wouldn't come for them and putting pressure on our backs. At least when Maka comes and commands his box it makes the opposition think twice about using the cross ball all the time.

Notice the radio commentators on sunday mentioning the fact about Stack and his inability to come for crosses.

PISTOL1875
15-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Must admit against Celtic the fact that Stack was rooted to his line at all times gave Celtic the license to whip balls into his are knowing he wouldn't come for them and putting pressure on our backs. At least when Maka comes and commands his box it makes the opposition think twice about using the cross ball all the time.

Notice the radio commentators on sunday mentioning the fact about Stack and his inability to come for crosses.

:faf::faf::faf:

mim
15-09-2009, 11:52 AM
As others have rightly said, our future opponents will be throwing the ball into our box at every opportunity.

Either Stack has to start competing for cross balls, or Maka must come back in, imho.

Golden Bear
15-09-2009, 11:58 AM
It was very, very, predictable that a thread like this would appear sooner rather than later - regardless of the quality of Stark's performances.!

TornadoHibby
15-09-2009, 12:58 PM
It was very, very, predictable that a thread like this would appear sooner rather than later - regardless of the quality of Stark's performances.!

Why? :confused:

Phil MaGlass
15-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Stack is looking an average keeper at the moment and he was not very good against Celtic with his hesitating.Give him a few games like Maka,I think they can only get better,I do believe we have the makings of a couple of good keepers.

Perspective
15-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Maka for me, every time.

crewetollhibee
15-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Do we still have Zibi's phone number ?:devil:

Dashing Bob S
15-09-2009, 02:19 PM
I love the title of this thread and Stack's already getting slaughtered on it after three games.

One thing you never, ever have to do here is worry about somebody not being criticised. Stick around.

Barney McGrew
15-09-2009, 02:32 PM
As others have rightly said, our future opponents will be throwing the ball into our box at every opportunity.

Either Stack has to start competing for cross balls, or Maka must come back in, imho.

That's my thoughts too. While Stack hasn't made any mistakes that have directly led to a goal, he hasn't given a lot of confidence to the back four by coming and claiming balls that he should have done. Contrast that with Cerny on Sunday who took pressure off his centre halfs by coming out for the few balls that we did manage to get into the box.

Both our keepers will have their strengths and weaknesses, but so far Stack hasn't shown enough to be considered the long term answer. Time will tell I guess.

Hibs90
15-09-2009, 02:35 PM
:faf::faf::faf:

You obviously haven't been watching Hibs recentley then. :wink:

J-C
15-09-2009, 05:52 PM
You obviously haven't been watching Hibs recentley then. :wink:

He enjoys watching the CH's having to deal with every single ball that comes into the area instead of a keeper who at least makes an attempt to come out and deal with it himself.

Feed McGraw
15-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Stack may not be the greatest keeper around and like all keepers`will make mistakes, but he looks competent and confident, which will do me after what has gone on in the goalkeeping department at ER these last few frustrating years.

Danderhall Hibs
15-09-2009, 06:54 PM

If he comes back in he'll drop some.

Why? :confused:

The reason that this was always going to happen is that a few folk on here like Maka and think he'll end up at a "top European side" one day so they are on the new guy's back, not because of anything he's done but because he's not do do do do Makalambay.

Dashing Bob S
15-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Maka for me, every time.

I think Stack does a lot of unseen coming off his line.

Musselbound
15-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I think Stack has done okay but to be fair he does not command even his six yard box.

I've heard people use this in the past against Hibs keepers with the simplistic belief that anything in the six yard box should be the keepers.

Anything in the 18 yard box it seems to me.

I thought there was un unwritten rule that Hibs keepers were given two or three games before they got slagged - oh well, the time has come for Stack I suppose.

deek68
15-09-2009, 07:30 PM
I feel sorry for Hibs latest goalkeeping acquisition, the odds on him being accepted were always.... no better not.

[QUOTE=Danderhall Hibs;2175044]Can you tell me why if you think Maka is good you have to think Stack is crap? Is it impossible to admit that they are both decent keepers who both have strengths and weaknesses?

Agree. Perhaps a mixture of both would do. Makastack? Stackalambay?

Seriously, i thought Szamtoulski (excuse the spelling, quite possibly incorrect) was the most competent keeper we've had since Daniell Anderssen (excuse the spelling etc) and that was five years ago. We've suffered with keepers over the years and we'll suffer again at some point soon. Just my oh-pin-yon.

Dk.

MrRobot
15-09-2009, 08:19 PM
I feel sorry for Hibs latest goalkeeping acquisition, the odds on him being accepted were always.... no better not.

[QUOTE=Danderhall Hibs;2175044]Can you tell me why if you think Maka is good you have to think Stack is crap? Is it impossible to admit that they are both decent keepers who both have strengths and weaknesses?

Agree. Perhaps a mixture of both would do. Makastack? Stackalambay?

Seriously, i thought Szamtoulski (excuse the spelling, quite possibly incorrect) was the most competent keeper we've had since Daniell Anderssen (excuse the spelling etc) and that was five years ago. We've suffered with keepers over the years and we'll suffer again at some point soon. Just my oh-pin-yon.

Dk.

I didnt see the big deal in Shama TBH. Good at Dundee Utd first time round, but when going for a ball, his feet barely left the ground(Whittaker at home).
Had bad problems with his hamstrings too so he couldnt even kick the ball.

I think Maka is the best we have and I really like the guy. Think he is a top class guy and without all the hassle he gets, he will be a solid goalkeeper.

All about opinions though.

deek68
15-09-2009, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=deek68;2176045]I feel sorry for Hibs latest goalkeeping acquisition, the odds on him being accepted were always.... no better not.

I didnt see the big deal in Shama TBH. Good at Dundee Utd first time round, but when going for a ball, his feet barely left the ground(Whittaker at home).

I think Maka is the best we have and I really like the guy. Think he is a top class guy and without all the hassle he gets, he will be a solid goalkeeper.

Fair enough. Maybe Szamtoulski was past his best but i like Makalambay too. I just wish he was better. Are you saying he'll be a better keeper if we lay off him?

Allant1981
15-09-2009, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=deek68;2176045]I feel sorry for Hibs latest goalkeeping acquisition, the odds on him being accepted were always.... no better not.

So no hassle and he is all of a sudden going to be a good goalie. Away and dont talk rubbish. So if he makes a mistake the other players aren't allowed to say anything incase he starts greeting and becomes a bad goalie again

Hibs Spain
15-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Stack may not be the greatest keeper around and like all keepers`will make mistakes, but he looks competent and confident, which will do me after what has gone on in the goalkeeping department at ER these last few frustrating years."May not be the greatest keeper around" ?? Well spotted. Along with every other manager in Britain! Don't go giving yourself any accolades for that piece of astuteness :rolleyes:

Hank Schrader
15-09-2009, 10:41 PM
"May not be the greatest keeper around" ?? Well spotted. Along with every other manager in Britain! Don't go giving yourself any accolades for that piece of astuteness :rolleyes:

Tell me, do the majority of your other 1008 posts on here involve you being a tiresome, condescending welt? :dunno:

Hibs could sign Gianluigi Buffon and you would still argue that Maka was the better option:bitchy:

Hibercelona
15-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Tell me, do the majority of your other 1008 posts on here involve you being a tiresome, condescending welt? :dunno:

Hibs could sign Gianluigi Buffon and you would still argue that Maka was the better option:bitchy:

It's amazing what 1000 posts on Hibs.net can do to your mind.

You begin to lose all sense or time, reasoning & logic. :devil:

MrRobot
15-09-2009, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=HibbyCal;2176110]

So no hassle and he is all of a sudden going to be a good goalie. Away and dont talk rubbish. So if he makes a mistake the other players aren't allowed to say anything incase he starts greeting and becomes a bad goalie again

Did I say that ? I said if WE stop giving him hassle; stop making him the scapegoat all the time then maybe he wont feel the constant pressure of being blamed for every goal conceded.

BigKev
15-09-2009, 11:25 PM
[QUOTE=superhibi1;2176181]

Did I say that ? I said if WE stop giving him hassle; stop making him the scapegoat all the time then maybe he wont feel the constant pressure of being blamed for every goal conceded.

He isn't - When Maka plays well he's praised by the majority on here. (Tynie last season for example).

With punters like Hibs Spain about it's likely we end up going ott though so when he does make a mistake (normally idiotic, basic ones) then he will get stick - it's human nature - look at Colin Nish or Hoggy for example.

There doesn't have to be sides taken - it's about opinions. Stack in my eyes has yet to be seriously tested but the fundamentals of a good keeper seem to be there.

Maka can also look good but unlike Stack can also look capable of selling a goal from the simplest backpass or weak shot.

As Stack is currently seen as no.1 I suggest we all get behind him and forget the petty squabbling over who's better.

J-C
16-09-2009, 07:25 AM

By all means argue your corner but personal abuse in an answer should not be tolerated and it's not very clever.

CRAZYHIBBY
16-09-2009, 07:32 AM
If we played both at the same time i reckon we would have the perfect keeper

Hibs Spain
16-09-2009, 07:45 AM

Hibs could sign Gianluigi Buffon and you would still argue that Maka was the better option:bitchy:I don't know what Maka did to get dropped or what Stack did to keep a spot after a nothing game against Brechin :cool2:

BigKev
16-09-2009, 07:48 AM
I don't know what Maka did to get dropped or what Stack did to keep a spot after a nothing game against Brechin :cool2:

Apart from being injured probably not a lot......:wink:

hibsbollah
16-09-2009, 08:58 AM

Do you think you might have lost your sense of perspective just then?:faf:

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2009, 09:20 AM
I don't know what Maka did to get dropped or what Stack did to keep a spot after a nothing game against Brechin :cool2:

Conclusive proof you dont even watch the games. Maka had been one of the 3 amigos who gave away another comedy capers goal against St Mirren in the first game of the season. And the 2nd game against falkirk, he let in a shot that Stack would have saved easily. Maka again went down in instalments, similar to the goal he lost to Hearts at easter road last season.

In the 2 starts he made this season, he had let in 2 goals a normal keeper would have avoided letting in. Although he did come and catch a couple of crosses.

TornadoHibby
16-09-2009, 09:47 AM

Conclusive proof you dont even watch the games. Maka had been one of the 3 amigos who gave away another comedy capers goal against St Mirren in the first game of the season. And the 2nd game against falkirk, he let in a shot that Stack would have saved easily. Maka again went down in instalments, similar to the goal he lost to Hearts at easter road last season.

In the 2 starts he made this season, he had let in 2 goals a normal keeper would have avoided letting in. Although he did come and catch a couple of crosses.

Here we go again then! The respective goalkeeping afficionados berate one another whilst each touts "his man" as the rightful holder of the first team goalkeeping position! :cool2:

BH, where is the match evidence please for the bit I've highlighted in bold as Stack hasn't had any saves of that type to test himself with IIRC! :wink:

Or, is it just that you think he would have done better than Maka without actually having any evidence upon which to base your view? :confused:

Stack has actually had very little to do in his three games so far again IIRC other than to pick the ball out of the back of the net (in two of them!). :agree: :wink:

Hibs Spain
16-09-2009, 09:59 AM

In the 2 starts he made this season, he had let in 2 goals a normal keeper would have avoided letting in. Although he did come and catch a couple of crosses.Conclusive proof?? An interesting but totally innacurate piece of logic :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Here we go again then! The respective goalkeeping afficionados berate one another whilst each touts "his man" as the rightful holder of the first team goalkeeping position! :cool2:

BH, where is the match evidence please for the bit I've highlighted in bold as Stack hasn't had any saves of that type to test himself with IIRC! :wink:

Or, is it just that you think he would have done better than Maka without actually having any evidence upon which to base your view? :confused:

Stack has actually had very little to do in his three games so far again IIRC other than to pick the ball out of the back of the net. :agree: :wink:

Its just my opinion.:wink: I have said many times, i think Maka has it in him to be a good keeper. Although at this moment in time, for me he just makes too many mistakes. Yes he comes for crosses, he also spills them. Take the St Mirren goal, Bad pass back to him, another bad pass to hanlon, he's robbed, the cross comes in, Maka flaps again and hey presto a goal.

Maka's pass to hanlon should have been up the park, something i'm sure you will agree Stack would have done. Leaving the resulting cross to the defense would have let Hogg head it clear, but Maka took it off his head, and the ball ends in the net. You see there is something for keepers staying on their line.:wink:

The goal against Falkirk i think i could have saved, his arms are not extended, go watch it again, i have. Its a soft goal, and yes i think Stack would have saved it.:confused:

Andy74
16-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Its just my opinion.:wink: I have said many times, i think Maka has it in him to be a good keeper. Although at this moment in time, for me he just makes too many mistakes. Yes he comes for crosses, he also spills them. Take the St Mirren goal, Bad pass back to him, another bad pass to hanlon, he's robbed, the cross comes in, Maka flaps again and hey presto a goal.

Maka's pass to hanlon should have been up the park, something i'm sure you will agree Stack would have done. Leaving the resulting cross to the defense would have let Hogg head it clear, but Maka took it off his head, and the ball ends in the net. You see there is something for keepers staying on their line.:wink:

The goal against Falkirk i think i could have saved, his arms are not extended, go watch it again, i have. Its a soft goal, and yes i think Stack would have saved it.:confused:

So should Hanlon also be dropped just now? He probably has it in him to be a good left back but when he took the pass from Maka it should have been straight up or out the park.

Not his first mistake either and should he be making his mistakes in the first team?

Riordan missed from 12 yards a couple of times at the weekend including a penalty. Bad mistakes.

If it goes for Maka it goes for others surely?

TornadoHibby
16-09-2009, 10:46 AM
So should Hanlon also be dropped just now? He probably has it in him to be a good left back but when he took the pass from Maka it should have been straight up or out the park.

Not his first mistake either and should he be making his mistakes in the first team?

Riordan missed from 12 yards a couple of times at the weekend including a penalty. Bad mistakes.

Maka's become the current goalkeeping "problem" for too many people on here blinded by the past few seasons of seriously poor keepers at Hibs and it seems that nothing he can do will appease these people or persuade them that he is actually a decent keeper and can only get better with experience IMO! :cool2:

Damn it, the top keepers make "schoolboy errors" from time to time. For example, what about Cech's blunder at the weekend for Stoke City's goal ffs? :confused:

Does anyone think that the Chelsea fans are ripping him and seeking demotion to the reserves for Cech? :cool2:

Malkowski and Brown and their goalkeeping "antics" have continued to affect some people's judgement as to the abilities of different people and that is myopic and unhelpful to everyone IMO! :agree:

However, some people feel better about themselves if there is another person that they can denigrate unfairly (my view) making them seem less than they actually are! :cool2:

That mentality cannot be defeated with rational debate I'm afraid! :grr:

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2009, 10:51 AM

Dont be stupid andy, i mentioned the 2 goals this season, what about all the others too. Yogi's not daft, he will have watched him lots of times, and witnessed a few of his gaffs in person. If you start replacing all the players who are making mistakes, we wouldnt have many left in the team, so i'd imagine Yogi is starting with those who do it regular. Hogg should be next.

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Maka's become the current goalkeeping "problem" for too many people on here blinded by the past few seasons of seriously poor keepers at Hibs and it seems that nothing he can do will appease these people or persuade them that he is actually a decent keeper and can only get better with experience IMO! :cool2:

Damn it, the top keepers make "schoolboy errors" from time to time. For example, what about Cech's blunder at the weekend for Stoke City's goal ffs? :confused:

Does anyone think that the Chelsea fans are ripping him and seeking demotion to the reserves for Cech? :cool2:

Malkowski and Brown and their goalkeeping "antics" have continued to affect some people's judgement as to the abilities of different people and that is myopic and unhelpful to everyone IMO! :agree:

However, some people feel better about themselves if there is another person that they can denigrate unfairly (my view) making them seem less than they actually are! :cool2:

That mentality cannot be defeated with rational debate I'm afraid! :grr:

Thats just rubbish, Maka has had some great games for us, i have said so many times. But IMHO he has cost us too many times, and thats why he's no longer No1, its nothing to do with what anyone says on here, its because the manager chooses to go with someone else. I dont feel better or worse in any way because Yogi picks one player or another.:confused:

TornadoHibby
16-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Thats just rubbish, Maka has had some great games for us, i have said so many times. But IMHO he has cost us too many times, and thats why he's no longer No1, its nothing to do with what anyone says on here, its because the manager chooses to go with someone else. I dont feel better or worse in any way because Yogi picks one player or another.:confused:

Don't take things so personally BH! :cool2:

I full realise that the manager picks the team and that he is ultimately responsible for the results achieved, win or lose! I would anticipate that his choices will not only be based upon match performances alone but also on training efforts and mental attitude and hunger for each game and for a victory of the players! :agree:

However, no excuse in my view for slating a young Hibs player (with serious potential to be an excellent keeper longer term for the club as well as now!) on a public message board which he, the manager and anyone else who cares to have a look can read! Frankly, finding fault is the easiest thing in the World to do for anyone whether knowledgeable about a subject or not! :agree:

That's why there are so many critics, many without rationale or considered justification for their "criticism"! :grr:

Golden Bear
16-09-2009, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=HibbyCal;2176245]

He isn't - When Maka plays well he's praised by the majority on here. (Tynie last season for example).

With punters like Hibs Spain about it's likely we end up going ott though so when he does make a mistake (normally idiotic, basic ones) then he will get stick - it's human nature - look at Colin Nish or Hoggy for example.

There doesn't have to be sides taken - it's about opinions. Stack in my eyes has yet to be seriously tested but the fundamentals of a good keeper seem to be there.

Maka can also look good but unlike Stack can also look capable of selling a goal from the simplest backpass or weak shot.

As Stack is currently seen as no.1 I suggest we all get behind him and forget the petty squabbling over who's better.

:agree:

Sums it up for me.

If we're looking for consistency of performance, then on the evidence so far, I'd opt for Stack every time.

Andy74
16-09-2009, 11:24 AM

I'm not so sure its as simple as him not being no1 anymore. He had planned to give Stack a game in the cup and Mak got injured and he kept his place as he done nothing wrong. Hughes had said that Mak has been working really hard and has been very good for him so far. Yes, he played a part in the St Mirren goal, along with a couple of others, but I'm not buying that he was responsible for the Falkirk one.

I don't really care either way who is in goal but it's just not true that Hughes has dumped Maka over mistakes. Stack got a wee break in that he got in and stayed in, that's all.

down the slope
16-09-2009, 11:25 AM
What about the goal up at Aberdeen last season when he kicked it against the Dons player-he should never be near getting a game after amateur gafs like that.

TornadoHibby
16-09-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm not so sure its as simple as him not being no1 anymore. He had planned to give Stack a game in the cup and Mak got injured and he kept his place as he done nothing wrong. Hughes had said that Mak has been working really hard and has been very good for him so far. Yes, he played a part in the St Mirren goal, along with a couple of others, but I'm not buying that he was responsible for the Falkirk one.

I don't really care either way who is in goal but it's just not true that Hughes has dumped Maka over mistakes. Stack got a wee break in that he got in and stayed in, that's all.

:top marks

Sudds_1
16-09-2009, 11:50 AM
If you think Maka is "ten times better than Stack" then that equates to him being crap. :wink:

Why is he better? What in the 270 minutes of Stack has made you come to this conclusion?

Actually........on the basis that most think Maka is crap, making him 10 times better than Stack reduces the latter to stomach acid.

....... I think. :duck::rolleyes:

Franck is God
16-09-2009, 12:00 PM
The reason I started this thread was not in itself a criticism of Stack it was a question of the double standards that a lot of posters on this board have.

Some players are allowed to perform poorly and make mistakes and others aren't, simple as that. I won't mention any other names as we all know who they are!

The reason I chose Stack is that in the three games he has played he hasn't done anything special or made any mistakes, what he has done is stay out of the way which IMO is worse particularly for a goalkeeper.

I am a fan of Maka and hope that he is back in the team soon, I also hope that it is not the result of a blunder by Stack that costs us a game simply because Maka is the better choice.

Golden Bear
16-09-2009, 12:23 PM
The reason I started this thread was not in itself a criticism of Stack it was a question of the double standards that a lot of posters on this board have.

Some players are allowed to perform poorly and make mistakes and others aren't, simple as that. I won't mention any other names as we all know who they are!

The reason I chose Stack is that in the three games he has played he hasn't done anything special or made any mistakes, what he has done is stay out of the way which IMO is worse particularly for a goalkeeper.

I am a fan of Maka and hope that he is back in the team soon, I also hope that it is not the result of a blunder by Stack that costs us a game simply because Maka is the better choice.

:confused:

Sorry - but you'll need to explain that one.

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Don't take things so personally BH! :cool2:

I full realise that the manager picks the team and that he is ultimately responsible for the results achieved, win or lose! I would anticipate that his choices will not only be based upon match performances alone but also on training efforts and mental attitude and hunger for each game and for a victory of the players! :agree:

However, no excuse in my view for slating a young Hibs player on a public message board which he, the manager and anyone else who cares to have a look can read! Frankly, finding fault is the easiest thing in the World to do for anyone whether knowledgeable about a subject or not! :agree:

That's why there are so many critics, many without rationale or considered justification for their "criticism"! :grr:

I am not taking it personally. As for slating players on a message board, people are just saying what they will say at work or in the pub, the message board is just an extension of those places. Fans are supporters and critics of the team, when things are going well, as they were before sunday, the message board was mostly upbeat. Sundays result as others when we lose will get the opposite effect. As for players being hurt at what they read, dont read them, or better still play well. Perhaps if they are that meek, footballs not the career for them?

J-C
16-09-2009, 12:54 PM

Sorry - but you'll need to explain that one.

I think what he means is that a goalkeeper has to try and command his box and come for crosses and corners etc, instead of leaving it up to the defenders to do it, which will put added pressure on them and in turn not give them a lot of confidence in their keeper.

HFC 0-7
16-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Plenty of good points on here, so I will add mine.

Maka for me is an OK keeper, but is prone to making mistakes. He might even have more ability than stack but is still prone to making mistakes. Maka has cost us the game a few times and his mistakes are sometimes very silly and bad (Aberdeen last season). I think what Yogi is doing here is trying to get someone with consistency. OK, stack may not come for enough crosses, but he will probably always be like that. The team will learn this an be able to cope with it.

Maka on the other hand is inconsistent and I for one brick it when he comes out for a cross with the one hand up trying to cushion it and catch it all in one motion. The defense will probably be the same and the will mean they wont be comfortable with maka playing behind them. If stack is consistent then the team will be comfortable with what he can and cant do.

In summary, Maka has made far to many mistakes, I would say more than any other current SPL keeper. What hibs were crying out for was a consistent keeper. I would rather lose a goal that some keepers could save or deal with, but ours couldnt, rather than one that could and should have been saved by all keepers but ours made a shambles of and didnt save or deal with it.

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Plenty of good points on here, so I will add mine.

Maka for me is an OK keeper, but is prone to making mistakes. He might even have more ability than stack but is still prone to making mistakes. Maka has cost us the game a few times and his mistakes are sometimes very silly and bad (Aberdeen last season). I think what Yogi is doing here is trying to get someone with consistency. OK, stack may not come for enough crosses, but he will probably always be like that. The team will learn this an be able to cope with it.

Maka on the other hand is inconsistent and I for one brick it when he comes out for a cross with the one hand up trying to cushion it and catch it all in one motion. The defense will probably be the same and the will mean they wont be comfortable with maka playing behind them. If stack is consistent then the team will be comfortable with what he can and cant do.

In summary, Maka has made far to many mistakes, I would say more than any other current SPL keeper. What hibs were crying out for was a consistent keeper. I would rather lose a goal that some keepers could save or deal with, but ours couldnt, rather than one that could and should have been saved by all keepers but ours made a shambles of and didnt save or deal with it.

:top marks Well said, my feeling exactly.:agree:

TornadoHibby
16-09-2009, 01:31 PM
This "Maka has cost us the game a few times" generalisation needs nailed IMO, i.e. substantiated with specific details of specific incidents in the matches concerned which are unequivocal and objectively reported and not subjective opinions of one person IMO! :agree:

It's far too easy to generalise subjectively to support a point being promoted and perhaps by airing the "facts" properly, it might just do everyone a favour and put this to rest once and for all! :cool2:

Then the lad can be left alone on here to do what he is at Hibs to do and that is to play in goal for the first team! :agree:

HFC 0-7
16-09-2009, 01:39 PM
This "Maka has cost us the game a few times" generalisation needs nailed IMO, i.e. substantiated with specific details of specific incidents in the matches concerned which are unequivocal and objectively reported and not subjective opinions of one person IMO! :agree:

It's far too easy to generalise subjectively to support a point being promoted and perhaps by airing the "facts" properly, it might just do everyone a favour and put this to rest once and for all! :cool2:

Then the lad can be left alone on here to do what he is at Hibs to do and that is to play in goal for the first team! :agree:

Aberdeen Last Season, think it was last game of the season. The one against Hearts when he made a complete meal of Velicka's header. Will that do?

Also, remember the 3 - 3 game at easter road against aberdeen? looked dodgy for 2 goals then completely missed the ball at a cross!

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2009, 01:39 PM

Surely you can see the amount of goals he's been accountable for, not sure how many points, but he has made many mistakes that have resulted in us losing a goal. There have been many threads on each of those. When we start to have them on Stack, then it will be his turn. It could probably be called flack for stack.:wink:

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Aberdeen Last Season, think it was last game of the season. The one against Hearts when he made a complete meal of Velicka's header. Will that do?

Falkirk away, St Mirren at home, just this season. Hearts Aguir free kick, falkirk again away, wandering about like a drunk trying to find the toilet, hearts again, Nade's only professional goal to date. And these are just off the top of my head, not even mentioned the aberdeen goal.

Andy74
16-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Falkirk away, St Mirren at home, just this season. Hearts Aguir free kick, falkirk again away, wandering about like a drunk trying to find the toilet, hearts again, Nade's only professional goal to date. And these are just off the top of my head, not even mentioned the aberdeen goal.

He's been here a long time now and almost every goal we concede, what is it about 60 a season or so, has to past the keeper somehow.

If he's only directly responsible for a few over a couple of years I'd imagine it stands up against almost any keeper in world football.

He's no worse than any other at this standard.

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2009, 01:50 PM
The official site says Maka has played 55 games since signing, if this is right, he's made too many mistakes in so few games to warrant keeping his place.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10290~29983,00.html

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2009, 01:53 PM
He's been here a long time now and almost every goal we concede, what is it about 60 a season or so, has to past the keeper somehow.

If he's only directly responsible for a few over a couple of years I'd imagine it stands up against almost any keeper in world football.

Not reasons to want better though andy, and yogi seems to think stack deserves his chance, Maka this season gave yogi no option to make the change. 2 mistakes in 2 games is not a great ratio for a keeper.

HFC 0-7
16-09-2009, 01:54 PM

Maka has the ability, his decision making is what faults him. When to come for a cross and when not to. What position to take, when to clear it and when to pass it. I refer back to my post about the 3-3 game at easter road against aberdeen. He was in doubt for 2 of the goals and one of the goals was just shocking, completely missing the ball. I agree that all keepers make mistakes, I disagree that he makes the same amount as other keepers. He makes more, and they are a lot worse - Aberdeen last season! He makes a lot of mistakes that dont result in goals as well, but puts pressure on the rest of the team and causes the rest of the team to lose confidence!

Andy74
16-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Not reasons to want better though andy, and yogi seems to think stack deserves his chance, Maka this season gave yogi no option to make the change. 2 mistakes in 2 games is not a great ratio for a keeper.

You seem to be on a campaign with this one!

I don't believe there was a mistake against Falkirk and I don't believe he was dropped due to form. You seem to have manufactured both these ideas and have peddling them for the last couple of weeks here.

In the long run the best keeper will play and that's great. We're a bit away from knowing who that will be though.

Andy74
16-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Maka has the ability, his decision making is what faults him. When to come for a cross and when not to. What position to take, when to clear it and when to pass it. I refer back to my post about the 3-3 game at easter road against aberdeen. He was in doubt for 2 of the goals and one of the goals was just shocking, completely missing the ball. I agree that all keepers make mistakes, I disagree that he makes the same amount as other keepers. He makes more, and they are a lot worse - Aberdeen last season! He makes a lot of mistakes that dont result in goals as well, but puts pressure on the rest of the team and causes the rest of the team to lose confidence!

Okay, I'd still love people who genuinely beleive this to start a sticky thread where the highlights of all the games each weekend are watched and anything that coud be construed as any sort of mistake by the goalkeeper noted (with the same critical eye that Maka would get!) No harm in proving the point convincingly.

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2009, 02:03 PM
You seem to be on a campaign with this one!

I don't believe there was a mistake against Falkirk and I don't believe he was dropped due to form. You seem to have manufactured both these ideas and have peddling them for the last couple of weeks here.

In the long run the best keeper will play and that's great. We're a bit away from knowing who that will be though.

No campaign at all andy. He was partly to blame for the goal against St Mirren, and i have watched the goal over and over again against Falkirk, he should have saved it, far too slow getting down, and never really extended his arms either.:confused: Watch it again, i believe most keepers should have saved it.

I agree with you on your last point, we are a long way from knowing the best keeper, i hope Stack is a better keeper though, i dont want another who costs us as many goals as Maka does.

TornadoHibby
16-09-2009, 03:27 PM

Spot again again Andy taking the pragmatic "real or NHC world" view!

:top marks

TornadoHibby
16-09-2009, 03:31 PM
No campaign at all andy. He was partly to blame for the goal against St Mirren, and i have watched the goal over and over again against Falkirk, he should have saved it, far too slow getting down, and never really extended his arms either.:confused: Watch it again, i believe most keepers should have saved it.

I agree with you on your last point, we are a long way from knowing the best keeper, i hope Stack is a better keeper though, i dont want another who costs us as many goals as Maka does.

At last the reasoning behind your stance on Maka becomes crystal clear! :cool2:

Anyone will do for you except Maka if I'm reading the bit in bold correctly! :confused:

The jury's decided for you then BH and you're now hoping that Stack will measure up to your template for the Hibs no 1 goalkeeper! :wink:

I personally think you are wrong and that Maka will prove that to be the case too! As always, time will tell! :wink:

hibsbollah
16-09-2009, 03:38 PM

:bitchy:

Here we go again. Leaving aside your classless drunk/toilet comment aside, you could make a subjective 'list' about perceived errors of any keeper in the world, heres mine for Petr Cech; 2 mistakes against Liverpool in the Champions league in March, a howler against Bolton the week before that, cost his country by fumbling in a 3-2 defeat against Turkey in the Euros, and back to his usual calamity self last week against Stoke.

Hibs Spain
16-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Falkirk away, St Mirren at home, just this season. Hearts Aguir free kick, falkirk again away, wandering about like a drunk trying to find the toilet, hearts again, Nade's only professional goal to date. And these are just off the top of my head, not even mentioned the aberdeen goal.So that's one or two games lost through a misjudgment by Maka... That's probably the best record in Britain!
You're going to have to quantify your deliberately silly comments,which are just to prolong a thread that you enjoy IMO. His %age of clean sheets is good.. What about the Falkirk goalie against us a couple of weeks ago?All over the place. Langfield the other night,almost a howler,got away with it,clean sheet,not a peep from anyone.You inflate a rare mistake and manifest it your mind to reflect something that simply doesn't exist. ie Maka makes more mistakes than anyone else etc etc Costs more points than anyone else cos he's just on that pitch making mistake after mistake :blah::blah: You're almost amusing :cool2:

Danderhall Hibs
16-09-2009, 03:48 PM

Here we go again. Leaving aside your classless drunk/toilet comment aside, you could make a subjective 'list' about perceived errors of any keeper in the world, heres mine for Petr Cech; 2 mistakes against Liverpool in the Champions league in March, a howler against Bolton the week before that, cost his country by fumbling in a 3-2 defeat against Turkey in the Euros, and back to his usual calamity self last week against Stoke.

That's only 4 - where are the rest?

The next list of mistakes made I'd like too see is Reina (Liverpool)...

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2009, 04:24 PM
At last the reasoning behind your stance on Maka becomes crystal clear! :cool2:

Anyone will do for you except Maka if I'm reading the bit in bold correctly! :confused:

The jury's decided for you then BH and you're now hoping that Stack will measure up to your template for the Hibs no 1 goalkeeper! :wink:

I personally think you are wrong and that Maka will prove that to be the case too! As always, time will tell! :wink:

The reason i want someone better than Maka, is i want my keeper to be less prone to the kind of mistakes Maka makes. As i have said many times, i think Maka has the making of a decent keeper, but i feel we need someone who is more consistant. Is Stack that man, i dont know yet, just anyone wont do, you put those words in, not me.:confused: Its my opinion though, that from what i have seen so far, and its only a couple of games, Stack seems more solid. As you say time will tell.:wink:

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2009, 04:27 PM

I dont care 1 jot if peter chech throws the ball into his own net.:confused:

lEXO
16-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Dont think the guys performances so far justify criticism.Much in the same way Maka at times has,nt, or many other players.When some who might get overlooked.

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2009, 04:32 PM
So that's one or two games lost through a misjudgment by Maka... That's probably the best record in Britain!
You're going to have to quantify your deliberately silly comments,which are just to prolong a thread that you enjoy IMO. His %age of clean sheets is good.. What about the Falkirk goalie against us a couple of weeks ago?All over the place. Langfield the other night,almost a howler,got away with it,clean sheet,not a peep from anyone.You inflate a rare mistake and manifest it your mind to reflect something that simply doesn't exist. ie Maka makes more mistakes than anyone else etc etc Costs more points than anyone else cos he's just on that pitch making mistake after mistake :blah::blah: You're almost amusing :cool2:

No i think you have the monopoly on silly comments. You think Maka is the best keeper in the world, whoever came in, you were going to slaughter.
Point me to a post were i have said he's cost us more points than any other keeper. Your comments mean nothing, when you think he makes rare mistakes.

BigKev
16-09-2009, 04:53 PM
So that's one or two games lost through a misjudgment by Maka... That's probably the best record in Britain!

Hibs Spain in pro Maka rant - can you not give it a rest - other people are entitled to an opinion in case it escaped your notice.

Rare mistake? There's been plenty - from failing to set up walls against Gretna and Motherwell to the other more prominent ones against Hearts (twice), Aberdeen (at least twice), Falkirk (twice), St Mirren (twice).

That's off the top of my heid (and only mistakes which have cost goals) - out of 55 games it's a pretty high mistake to game ratio regardless if it cost us points or not.

Stack has the number 1 jersey - get behind him ffs and stop waiting for him to sell a goal.

hibsbollah
16-09-2009, 05:01 PM
I dont care 1 jot if peter chech throws the ball into his own net.:confused:

Is that the best you can do?:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Is that the best you can do?:greengrin

Yes, when Peter chech or David james make a blunder, it makes no difference to me whatsoever. Although when Maka makes them, it does. As i have pointed out previously, in 55 appearances for the club, he's had more gaffs proportionally, than i think is acceptable. Goals that are DIRECTLY down to him conceded, are more than i think he should be conceding. It appears the manager also thinks this. Its up to Maka to prove us wrong.

lEXO
16-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Hibs Spain in pro Maka rant - can you not give it a rest - other people are entitled to an opinion in case it escaped your notice.

Rare mistake? There's been plenty - from failing to set up walls against Gretna and Motherwell to the other more prominent ones against Hearts (twice), Aberdeen (at least twice), Falkirk (twice), St Mirren (twice).

That's off the top of my heid (and only mistakes which have cost goals) - out of 55 games it's a pretty high mistake to game ratio regardless if it cost us points or not.

Stack has the number 1 jersey - get behind him ffs and stop waiting for him to sell a goal.
That,s fair comment really. I just hope that the same sentiments are used if Maka comes back in at some point.Lets face it Zibby,Andy Mcneil,Maka,Simon Brown etc have all been heavily criticised by the Hibs support in general.This must have some effect on them(and most players if their getting **** every week) but agree with your get behind them and stop looking for them to lose a goal/ make a mistake.
To many on here of the glass half full theory i think.

Hibs Spain
16-09-2009, 05:12 PM

Stack has the number 1 jersey - get behind him ffs and stop waiting for him to sell a goal.I'm confident you'll find that every goalie makes fumbles and mistakes of varying degrees of severity in every game. The majority many more than Maka.

hibsbollah
16-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Yes, when Peter chech or David james make a blunder, it makes no difference to me whatsoever. Although when Maka makes them, it does. As i have pointed out previously, in 55 appearances for the club, he's had more gaffs proportionally, than i think is acceptable. Goals that are DIRECTLY down to him conceded, are more than i think he should be conceding. It appears the manager also thinks this. Its up to Maka to prove us wrong.

You know the point i'm making, although you're choosing not to see it. To repeat myself, if you closely analyse even the very best keepers out there you can pick out gaffes and howlers that a committed critic with time on their hands can use to demonstrate that he is, in fact, nae very good.

Like your other bete noirs (Benji and Hogg), I think youve made your mind up about Maka and will probably be deeply irritated when he has a good game.

HFC 0-7
16-09-2009, 05:24 PM

The reason Maka is criticised and stack is because of what you mention - mistakes. Maka has made them, Stack hasnt. I would much rather have a keeper that is steady and goes under the radar, a keeper that the defense know clearly what he is capable of. Maka can play well but makes mistakes, and not just the silly mistakes, big ones, like the aberdeen game last season. I thinkthe reason stack has not been criticised is because he hasnt had a howler, lets just hope he keeps it that way.

BigKev
16-09-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm confident you'll find that every goalie makes fumbles and mistakes of varying degrees of severity in every game. The majority many more than Maka.

Of course they do. That's not my point which is your refusal to see anything negative in Maka's performances make you a laughing stock.

Maka's fumbles and mistakes cost goals, that's a fact - Yogi has now put his faith in Stack so he should have everyone's support.

Get over the fact your hero is currently no.2 and stop hoping Stack makes a mistake so you can champion Maka's cause.

Again.:yawn:

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2009, 05:30 PM
You know the point i'm making, although you're choosing not to see it. To repeat myself, if you closely analyse even the very best keepers out there you can pick out gaffes and howlers that a committed critic with time on their hands can use to demonstrate that he is, in fact, nae very good.

Like your other bete noirs (Benji and Hogg), I think youve made your mind up about Maka and will probably be deeply irritated when he has a good game.

Rubbish, i saw the point you were trying to make, although it completely ignores the fact that out of 55 appearances, he has been the cause of at least 10 sloppy goals being conceded, that are completely down to his gaffs.
And as for making my mind up over him, not at all, you are another with selective reading. How many more times do i have to say i actually think he has the making of a decent keeper??????????? I tell you what is irritating, anyone insinuating i'd hate it if a hibs player played well.:blah::blah:

Captain Trips
16-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Stack should rightfully, like Maka, like Zibi like Mcneill be given the chance to make saves and the odd error early on like all before him did. Stack hasnt made any 100% glaring errors so should be given support even if makes an error.

If he stays on his line that may well be an issue, but looking for a keeper who comes off his line with confidence imo thats not Maka. I would continue with Stack.

Hibs Spain
16-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Stack should rightfully, like Maka, like Zibi like Mcneill be given the chance to make saves and the odd error early on like all before him did. Stack hasnt made any 100% glaring errors so should be given support even if makes an error.

If he stays on his line that may well be an issue, but looking for a keeper who comes off his line with confidence imo thats not Maka. I would continue with Stack.Why should he be allowed to do that? What's Maka done wrong for Stack to even be getting a chance to show us why no one else on these islands wanted him?:confused:

Hibee_Rab
16-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Rubbish, i saw the point you were trying to make, although it completely ignores the fact that out of 55 appearances, he has been the cause of at least 10 sloppy goals being conceded, that are completely down to his gaffs.
And as for making my mind up over him, not at all, you are another with selective reading. How many more times do i have to say i actually think he has the making of a decent keeper??????????? I tell you what is irritating, anyone insinuating i'd hate it if a hibs player played well.:blah::blah:

I'm not really either way on this debate, I haven't seen enough of stack to judge and I think maka's become like marmite on here, it is as if you have to love him or hate him (I think he is a good keeper with great potential who can sometimes be a game winner and can sometimes cost us with lapses of concentration/ other mistakes) but if you are going to judge him by stats the ones you've used are a matter of opinion whereas you cannot deny his 20 clean sheets in 55 games

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm not really either way on this debate, I haven't seen enough of stack to judge and I think maka's become like marmite on here, it is as if you have to love him or hate him (I think he is a good keeper with great potential who can sometimes be a game winner and can sometimes cost us with lapses of concentration/ other mistakes) but if you are going to judge him by stats the ones you've used are a matter of opinion whereas you cannot deny his 20 clean sheets in 55 games

Yes i agree. :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
16-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Why should he be allowed to do that? What's Maka done wrong for Stack to even be getting a chance to show us why no one else on these islands wanted him?:confused:

Cost us goals. Regularly.

Captain Trips
16-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Why should he be allowed to do that? What's Maka done wrong for Stack to even be getting a chance to show us why no one else on these islands wanted him?:confused:

Every player has been given the chance to bed in why shouldnt he, Maka is still making errors. Further to that the mistakes he has made, a lot were from nothing, the one v Aberdeen was an utter disgrace that was up there with Zibi's finest. After 1 season doing stunts like that being dropped was 100% deserved.

Hibs Spain
16-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Cost us goals. Regularly.37% clean sheet record? And that's with our mob in front of him.. What does it take to get a bit of perspective here?

Danderhall Hibs
16-09-2009, 07:34 PM
37% clean sheet record? And that's with our mob in front of him.. What does it take to get a bit of perspective here?

Coming from you that's some statement!

He'll get 2 or 3 clean sheets then throw a goal in. That accounts for some of the 63% of non-clean sheets.

Captain Trips
16-09-2009, 07:36 PM
37% clean sheet record? And that's with our mob in front of him.. What does it take to get a bit of perspective here?

Yes and it could have been over 40% if he hadnt made silly errors. Maybe that mob in front help to get it 37%?

Defenders cost goals and keepers cost goals, Maka has cost goals from nothing situations, deserved to be dropped what a pity that down to Maka himself your statistic of 37% is far lower than it could be due to Maka himself.

Hibs Spain
16-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Yes and it could have been over 40% if he hadnt made silly errors. Maybe that mob in front help to get it 37%?

Defenders cost goals and keepers cost goals, Maka has cost goals from nothing situations, deserved to be dropped what a pity that down to Maka himself your statistic of 37% is far lower than it could be due to Maka himself.Would 40% make him statistically the best goalie on the planet? .... Oh nooooooo... Let's go for perfection? No errors at all! And saving everything resulting in the normal run of play.. You know thingslike the other team shooting at you :greengrin

Hibs Spain
16-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Coming from you that's some statement!

He'll get 2 or 3 clean sheets then throw a goal in. That accounts for some of the 67% of non-clean sheets.Hope you're not in accounting or banking :greengrin Has Maka EVER to our knowledge had a "howler"? A La the Celtic goalie, the Ranger's goalie, the Chelsea goalie, the Arsenal goalie,the Liverpool goalie,all in the last year?

Danderhall Hibs
16-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Hope you're not in accounting or banking :greengrin Has Maka EVER to our knowledge had a "howler"? A La the Celtic goalie, the Ranger's goalie, the Chelsea goalie, the Arsenal goalie,the Liverpool goalie,all in the last year?

Maths teacher. :wink:

Yes. Aberdeen (away) in May.

lEXO
16-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Because he,s a Hibs player.Or should we pick and choose who we give support or chances to? Jesus we,ve had all sorts of players at ER over the years(including guys who left,then returned like prodigal son,s) and the fact they wear a Hibs top entitles them to support in my view. You cant argue for people to support a player you like,then moan when others are afforded the same support you give.

Dibben
16-09-2009, 08:14 PM

Was Maka not injured which made Yogi's decision easy for the Celtic game?

BH.

Franck is God
16-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Yes. Aberdeen (away) in May.

you mean the goal that was actually should have been a free kick against Miller? Well only a free kick determined by the laws of the game....and even then an incredibly unlucky deflection.

Was that also not the game where his saves actually kept the score down including saving a penalty?

But no your right he definitely cost us the game...

Danderhall Hibs
16-09-2009, 08:18 PM
you mean the goal that was actually should have been a free kick against Miller? Well only a free kick determined by the laws of the game....and even then an incredibly unlucky deflection.

Was that also not the game where his saves actually kept the score down including saving a penalty?

But no your right he definitely cost us the game...

:agree: That's the game I'm talking about.

BTW the question wasn't when did he cost us a game in the last 12 months.

Captain Trips
16-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Would 40% make him statistically the best goalie on the planet? .... Oh nooooooo... Let's go for perfection? No errors at all! And saving everything resulting in the normal run of play.. You know thingslike the other team shooting at you :greengrin

No the % is also a reflection on the team as a whole, unfortunatley the position of a goalie is one where errors are highlighted.

Franck is God
16-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Stack may end up being a great keeper for us and as Hibs fan I hope he does I just haven't been overly impressed by what I've seen so far.

As I've said already my reasoning for starting this thread was not to criticise it was to ask that all of our players are judged on the same merits. Had Maka been in goals on Saturday there would have been a huge number of posts/threads blaming him for the goal because he should have come for it and I was just pointing out the double standards for judging certain players.

For example I will not defend Nish for having a poor game and then getting sent off but Riordan missed a penalty and was barely involved in the game other than set pieces, Stokes also had a bit of a mare but neither of them have received the same amount of negative comments if any.

Danderhall Hibs
16-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Stack may end up being a great keeper for us and as Hibs fan I hope he does I just haven't been overly impressed by what I've seen so far.

As I've said already my reasoning for starting this thread was not to criticise it was to ask that all of our players are judged on the same merits. Had Maka been in goals on Saturday there would have been a huge number of posts/threads blaming him for the goal because he should have come for it and I was just pointing out the double standards for judging certain players.

For example I will not defend Nish for having a poor game and then getting sent off but Riordan missed a penalty and was barely involved in the game other than set pieces, Stokes also had a bit of a mare but neither of them have received the same amount of negative comments if any.

Admit it - this is a :witch: hunt.

Franck is God
16-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Admit it - this is a :witch: hunt.

its really not. I asked a question and made an honest comment on a player, hardly a witch hunt.

Danderhall Hibs
16-09-2009, 09:05 PM
its really not. I asked a question and made an honest comment on a player, hardly a witch hunt.

Just wanted to use the new smilie mate.:greengrin

I think it's just Pancho and Meeko that are :witch: hunting Stack.

Speedway
16-09-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm confident you'll find that every goalie makes fumbles and mistakes of varying degrees of severity in every game. The majority many more than Maka.

Prove it.

Are you sure about that?

Stack has, so far, been given no chance with the samaras header, no chance with the Curier goal and has conceded a penalty kick which he did not give away. He has also kept a clean sheet in the cup and denied Celtic a second goal with an excellent block in the second half.

Maka the circus act, has jumped over a ball v. Aberdeen costing us a goal, Blootered a ball against someone's erchie v. Aberdeen costing us a goal, gone walkabout v. Hearts costing us a goal, Danced to the Benny Hill theme at Love Street, costing us a goal; and that's just the ones I can remember before we discuss his opening day antics this season.

He has made many glaring errors that even Jamie Langfield is struggling to emulate.

Stack is rightfully number one and should remain so until he repeats the performances of Maklownbay who is likely to go down in history with Simon Clown and Zibi MalClownski.

lEXO
16-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Prove it.

Are you sure about that?

Stack has, so far, been given no chance with the samaras header, no chance with the Curier goal and has conceded a penalty kick which he did not give away. He has also kept a clean sheet in the cup and denied Celtic a second goal with an excellent block in the second half.

Maka the circus act, has jumped over a ball v. Aberdeen costing us a goal, Blootered a ball against someone's erchie v. Aberdeen costing us a goal, gone walkabout v. Hearts costing us a goal, Danced to the Benny Hill theme at Love Street, costing us a goal; and that's just the ones I can remember before we discuss his opening day antics this season.

He has made many glaring errors that even Jamie Langfield is struggling to emulate.

Stack is rightfully number one and should remain so until he repeats the performances of Maklownbay who is likely to go down in history with Simon Clown and Zibi MalClownski.
Your post was pretty good until you started calling maka a clown.Poor stuff calling a Hibs player a clown.
:jamboak:

Hibs Spain
16-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Maths teacher. :wink:

Yes. Aberdeen (away) in May.Oh dear..oh dear ... Would that be an accurate analogy? Like shots being fired at the keeper?

Danderhall Hibs
16-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Oh dear..oh dear ... Would that be an accurate analogy? Like shots being fired at the keeper?

Hearts (home) in January.

Hibs Spain
16-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Hearts (home) in January.:confused:

Toaods
16-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Stack has looked Ok so far but not anymore than that.

certainly nothing to make me feel we potentially have the new Goram between the sticks(though the Huddle break in was funny)

From my first impressions I see another Simon Brown / Steve Banks....reliable enough with a good strong build but in true English style, leaving most crooses coming into the box for his centre half to clear.....oops.

I don't see the point in everyone on here pitting their personal preferences of Maka over Stack or vice-versa as without doubt Stack is an improvement on last years back-up to Maka so they should spur each other on a bit more over the season.

Most important thing is, if either starts to f.up there is no need to leave them in.

Hibs Spain
16-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Stack has looked Ok so far but not anymore than that.

certainly nothing to make me feel we potentially have the new Goram between the sticks(though the Huddle break in was funny)

From my first impressions I see another Simon Brown / Steve Banks....reliable enough with a good strong build but in true English style, leaving most crooses coming into the box for his centre half to clear.....oops.

I don't see the point in everyone on here pitting their personal preferences of Maka over Stack or vice-versa as without doubt Stack is an improvement on last years back-up to Maka so they should spur each other on a bit more over the season.

Most important thing is, if either starts to f.up there is no need to leave them in.Unless of course Maka f.s up ... :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Unless of course Maka f.s up ... :greengrin

You missed the word again out.

Andy74
17-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Maka will be playing on saturday, let's see how long for this time!

Speedway
17-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Your post was pretty good until you started calling maka a clown.Poor stuff calling a Hibs player a clown.
:jamboak:

but baracking other team's players isn't? that's double standards. incompetence is incompetence regardless of what colour shirt the player is wearing.

lEXO
17-09-2009, 03:24 PM
but baracking other team's players isn't? that's double standards. incompetence is incompetence regardless of what colour shirt the player is wearing.
Depends what your idea of incompetence or criticism is.I support Hibs and their players, but you calling our players clowns etc is,nt double standards,it,s just rude.As i said before your post was good up until you called Maka a clown.If you cant make your point without personal insults, it,s hard to take you seriously.

Speedway
17-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Depends what your idea of incompetence or criticism is.I support Hibs and their players, but you calling our players clowns etc is,nt double standards,it,s just rude.As i said before your post was good up until you called Maka a clown.If you cant make your point without personal insults, it,s hard to take you seriously.

I sincerely hope I am never taken seriously.

lEXO
17-09-2009, 04:15 PM
I sincerely hope I am never taken seriously.
Enough said really.

Speedway
17-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Enough said really.

Hopefully so, anyone taking anyone else seriously on this board has a gap in their life.

The sort of gap that Maka leaves at free kicks.

lEXO
17-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Hopefully so, anyone taking anyone else seriously on this board has a gap in their life.

The sort of gap that Maka leaves at free kicks.
Anyone that feels the need to be as rude as often as you do obviously has something missing from theirs.

Speedway
17-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Anyone that feels the need to be as rude as often as you do obviously has something missing from theirs.

That's right, a quality goalkeeper in my team.

lEXO
17-09-2009, 05:51 PM
That's right, a quality goalkeeper in my team.
You would just move on to some other "clown" then.Right back,centre half,midfield etc.There would always be something missing eh.

Speedway
17-09-2009, 05:53 PM
You would just move on to some other "clown" then.Right back,centre half,midfield etc.There would always be something missing eh.

No not at all, I'd skip RB, CH and Midfield and go straight for Nish, who also isn't good enough for this club.

lEXO
17-09-2009, 06:04 PM
No not at all, I'd skip RB, CH and Midfield and go straight for Nish, who also isn't good enough for this club.
And when he moves on,so will you.It will never end.

Speedway
17-09-2009, 08:50 PM
And when he moves on,so will you.It will never end.

Nish always moves me on, to the catering before the whistle blows.

So long as Yogi carried on with the style of player he's bringing in, that'll do me.