PDA

View Full Version : Did the ref cheat?

Hibercelona
14-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Don't get me wrong.... we were dreadful yesterday and probably didnt deserve anything anyway.

But do you feel like we were cheated?

Lets look at the facts...

1. Hamilton get a pen from a Nish hand ball, that Nish knew nothing about, which the ball was going out of play anyway.

2. They get a freekick which leads to a goal (bad marking on our part) but when we should have had a freekick for a blatant hand ball.

3. The linesman had to award us a blatant pen for a handball on the goal line which should lead to a straight red card.... because the referee claimed not to see it... even although he was in perfect view of what happened.

4. Hamilton waste the next 5 minutes running into the box when Riordan was ready to take the pen... the ref only dishes out 2 yellow cards... which of course only wasted more time.

5. The pen itself was saved by the goalie who must have been at least a yard of his line.

6. Nish gets the softest 2nd yellow you'll ever see.... sure, he had his arm around the defender... but hardly a 2nd bookable offence.

So taking all these facts into account.... do you feel like we were cheated yesterday? Even although we were poor.

Hibbyradge
14-09-2009, 04:39 PM
No. He didn't cheat.

Why would he?

Monts
14-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Its the hibs players and manager that cheated.

They cheated the fans :agree:

Jim44
14-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Don't get me wrong.... we were dreadful yesterday and probably didnt deserve anything anyway.

1. Hamilton get a pen from a Nish hand ball, that Nish knew nothing about, which the ball was going out of play anyway.

2. They get a freekick which leads to a goal (bad marking on our part) but when we should have had a freekick for a blatant hand ball.

3. The linesman had to award us a blatant pen for a handball on the goal line which should lead to a straight red card.... because the referee claimed not to see it... even although he was in perfect view of what happened.

4. Hamilton waste the next 5 minutes running into the box when Riordan was ready to take the pen... the ref only dishes out 2 yellow cards... which of course only wasted more time.

5. The pen itself was saved by the goalie who must have been at least a yard of his line.

6. Nish gets the softest 2nd yellow you'll ever see.... sure, he had his arm around the defender... but hardly a 2nd bookable offence.

So taking all these facts into account.... do you feel like we were cheated yesterday? Even although we were poor.

No. He didn't cheat.

Why would he?

I've already said in two posts that he deliberately cheated. The guy's a human being and human beings cheat at times.

Hibercelona
14-09-2009, 04:45 PM
No. He didn't cheat.

Why would he?

If we had won yesterday, we would be sitting in 3rd spot on 9 points, only 1 point behind the ugly duo.

Although we were poor yesterday, I honestly do believe IMO that the SFA set out to make it as difficult as possible for us.

I've seen it happen plenty of times in the past and not just to us, but to other teams in the SPL also.

Hibercelona
14-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Its the hibs players and manager that cheated.

They cheated the fans :agree:

I'm not denying the fact that we were poor... but surely something sinister went on.

Referee's dont make these many so called "mistakes" in 1 game.

Monts
14-09-2009, 04:47 PM
If the SFA or whoever are trying to keep order with the top two, then why have they had more players sent off then any others so far this season? :confused:

Golden Bear
14-09-2009, 04:47 PM

He also blamed the sun for not giving us a stonewall corner when the Hamilton keeper saved one of the few shots at goal we had (ok it was going by the post but that is incidental)

He initially waved away the penalty appeal so there's no doubt in my mind that he DID see it.

Neither him nor his linesman could identify the culprit so at the very least he was totally incompetent and hopefully he'll be sent downstairs for a few games at least.

maturehibby
14-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Ipredicted that we would be losing a player due to a sending off and was proved right - this is the same idiot that sent Bamba off last season at ER in his home debut .
he isnt a cheat but is a useless referee who should be retired

AK86
14-09-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm not denying the fact that we were poor... but surely something sinister went on.

Referee's dont make these many so called "mistakes" in 1 game.
Having a bad game dosnae make you a cheat
we were cheated yesterday, but not by the ref

Hibercelona
14-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Having a bad game dosnae make you a cheat
we were cheated yesterday, but not by the ref

But surely we can't just put this down to another "bad performance".

These "mistakes" were not made by accident, they were as clear as day.

Hibbyradge
14-09-2009, 05:06 PM

Why ask the question if you're already convinced of the answer and won't accept other people's opinions?

It's incredibly Yammish to suggest that the ref cheated Hibs, Hibs ffs, to protect the OF, only 4 games into the season, when we were playing pish.

He made mistakes. He was either unlucky or he's incompetant.

No chance was it deliberate.

Jim44
14-09-2009, 05:12 PM

Exactly. I'm begining to feel that I'm getting paranoic about it but the cheat could never have innocently made so many blatant wrong decisions. The penalty decision was the worst of all. I saw it as clearly as daylight. The defender deliberately stopped it with his arm and I looked at the referee immediately. He was only a few yards from it but shook his head and patted his chest. Now if he hadn't seen it how could he have thought it hit his chest? He saw it, didn't want to give a penalty but realised how blatant a handball it was and covered up his cheating by running to his assistant. Someone has suggested that this cheating was in some way instigated by the SFA. I don't know about that but no-one will convince me that several of his decisions were corrupt and not 'mistakes'.

Hibercelona
14-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Why ask the question if you're already convinced of the answer and won't accept other people's opinions?

It's incredibly Yammish to suggest that the ref cheated Hibs, Hibs ffs, to protect the OF, only 4 games into the season, when we were playing pish.

He made mistakes. He was either unlucky or he's incompetant.

No chance was it deliberate.

So other people are entitled to share their opinions, but its yammish for me to share my own? :confused:

As i've said already in this thread, I am not denying the fact that we played poor.

But the ref was beyond a joke, and he was beyond "incompetent" IMO.

Although we were reeking yesterday, I believe (IMO) that the ref knew exactly what he was playing at.

As other people said before the game. We wouldn't finish with 10 men with this ref in charge. And we didnt... It was a very soft 2nd yellow, even if Nish didnt play well.

Before every SPL game, we can already seem to tell how the game is going to pan out by knowing which ref will be in charge.

Are you telling me that its just sheer "chance" that bad decisions are made in games when we get certain referees?

Danderhall Hibs
14-09-2009, 05:21 PM
If we had won yesterday, we would be sitting in 3rd spot on 9 points, only 1 point behind the ugly duo.

Although we were poor yesterday, I honestly do believe IMO that the SFA set out to make it as difficult as possible for us.

I've seen it happen plenty of times in the past and not just to us, but to other teams in the SPL also.

:hilarious

Hibercelona
14-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Exactly. I'm begining to feel that I'm getting paranoic about it but the cheat could never have innocently made so many blatant wrong decisions. The penalty decision was the worst of all. I saw it as clearly as daylight. The defender deliberately stopped it with his arm and I looked at the referee immediately. He was only a few yards from it but shook his head and patted his chest. Now if he hadn't seen it how could he have thought it hit his chest? He saw it, didn't want to give a penalty but realised how blatant a handball it was and covered up his cheating by running to his assistant. Someone has suggested that this cheating was in some way instigated by the SFA. I don't know about that but no-one will convince me that several of his decisions were corrupt and not 'mistakes'.

Exactly...

1 or 2 shocking decisions I can accept as "maybe" being incompetent.

But the amount of shocking choices made yesterday were beyond any accident.

Hibercelona
14-09-2009, 05:23 PM

Thank you for your great contribution to the topic. :wink:

Hibbyradge
14-09-2009, 05:27 PM
So other people are entitled to share their opinions, but its yammish for me to share my own? :confused:

As i've said already in this thread, I am not denying the fact that we played poor.

But the ref was beyond a joke, and he was beyond "incompetent" IMO.

Although we were reeking yesterday, I believe (IMO) that the ref knew exactly what he was playing at.

As other people said before the game. We wouldn't finish with 10 men with this ref in charge. And we didnt... It was a very soft 2nd yellow, even if Nish didnt play well.

Before every SPL game, we can already seem to tell how the game is going to pan out by knowing which ref will be in charge.

Are you telling me that its just sheer "chance" that bad decisions are made in games when we get certain referees?

Why bother watching football if you think it's corrupt?

Next thing you'll be telling us how the media are against us too.

But, aye, you're entitled to your opinion.

AK86
14-09-2009, 05:27 PM

what was clear as day?

both pens were a bit iffy imo
Murray commited a foul and got penalised for it. It was on the halfway line anyway so we should have dealt with it
Nish got sent off for persistant fouling

once we start blaming other things for a bad display we just sound like the OF

Monts
14-09-2009, 05:28 PM

Your now officially part of the clique :duck:

Hibercelona
14-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Why bother watching football if you think it's corrupt?
Next thing you'll be telling us how the media are against us too.

But, aye, you're entitled to your opinion.

What else would I turn to?

Cricket? :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
14-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Your now officially part of the clique :duck:

But you're not. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
14-09-2009, 05:33 PM
What else would I turn to?

Cricket? :greengrin

Horse racing. :agree:

Hibbyradge
14-09-2009, 05:36 PM

:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
14-09-2009, 05:36 PM

Its rigged I tell you!

Rigged! :grr:

:duck:

Hibbyradge
14-09-2009, 05:38 PM
what was clear as day?

both pens were a bit iffy imo
Murray commited a foul and got penalised for it. It was on the halfway line anyway so we should have dealt with it
Nish got sent off for persistant fouling

once we start blaming other things for a bad display we just sound like the OF

Correct, sir.

Funny how the ref never cheats when the dodgy decisions go our way.

They're always understandable, if not brave. :rolleyes:

lEXO
14-09-2009, 05:47 PM
No dont beleive they cheat.Incompetent sometimes? Yes, but cheats no way.

Monts
14-09-2009, 05:48 PM
But you're not. :greengrin

Thats it...im not having that cheek. Your out again :wink:

SloopJB
14-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Pffffrt
Where's the bonkers police when you need them

WindyMiller
14-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Ipredicted that we would be losing a player due to a sending off and was proved right - this is the same idiot that sent Bamba off last season at ER in his home debut .
he isnt a cheat but is a useless referee who should be retired

I had a pretty good view of their penalty award, and I admit to being a bit puzzled.
I thought the ball struck Nish after coming off the post. So I'd argue it was accidental, and that there was no goal scoring opportunity as the ball wasn't running to a Hamilton player.

He deemed it a penalty, therefore deliberate, but didn't send Nish off.

At our penalty, their player touches the ball (accidently or not), right on the line. He wasn't even going to book him for what i thought was always an automatic red.

Westie1875
14-09-2009, 07:34 PM
From what I have seen previously from that ref, I would say he is just totally incompetent. Should not be reffing top flight games, EVER.

Horse
14-09-2009, 08:13 PM

Nae excuses - Even if we were cheated I would have hoped the injustice would have spurred on the team and not made them play like a bunch of pansies. We were beaten by the better team regardless of any refereeing decisions.

lucky
14-09-2009, 09:14 PM
The ref never cheated he was just crap, like the rest of the guys in Black ( i know he was wearing blue) but you get my point

Prof. Shaggy
14-09-2009, 09:20 PM
I really don't care about the ref.
If Hibs had played half as well as they did against Celtic, we would have won and the ref could have done nothing about it.

whiskyhibby
14-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Its funny how his incompetence only seemed to adversely affect one team :grr::grr::grr::grr:

sahib
14-09-2009, 09:30 PM

We always get less breaks, from refs, when we look like getting anywhere near the OF. Since this happens very, very rarely and is normally of short duration it is difficult to spot.
We will be allowed to win again when we are no longer a threat.

Littlest Hobo
14-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Thought the ref lost the plot at one point. He had an absolute stinker in my opinion. Not as bad as some of our players though!:rolleyes::grr:

Ritchie
15-09-2009, 08:58 AM
this is the type of thread i'd expect to see on brokeback :jamboak:

Conspiracies & corruption only happen against the yams :agree:

If Only
15-09-2009, 09:54 AM

Maybe you should get yourself a life away from your darkened room, conspiracy theory!!!!!! face the facts Hibs where atrocious on Sunday it does happen and it has happened to better teams than ours. We dont have a god given right to win every game. If we did we would be supporting one of the old firm. Accept the fact that we where second best and I dont think we would have won even if you were refereeing.

brog
15-09-2009, 10:00 AM
The ref never cheated he was just crap, like the rest of the guys in Black ( i know he was wearing blue) but you get my point

That basically sounds like a template for all Scottish refs with one or 2 exceptions, notably Calum Murray. I saw last night that Colin Hendry & Scott Booth both said Nish's ordering off was wrong. Was there any discussion re penalty incident? I haven't seen anything other than this forum.

Hibercelona
15-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Maybe you should get yourself a life away from your darkened room

I was at the game. :rolleyes:

Were you even there?

face the facts Hibs where atrocious on Sunday

Really? I must have forgotten to mension that in this thread. :rolleyes:

kaimendhibs
15-09-2009, 10:55 AM

I said this at the time to my pal. he patted his chest as if to say thats where he saw the ball hit the defender> If he saw that, why did he change his mind?? Didnt believe him then and dont now, fact is he didnt want to give a stonewall pen:grr:

KeithTheHibby
15-09-2009, 11:15 AM

I don't think we were cheated, just reckon the ref had a mare.

MB62
15-09-2009, 11:35 AM
I just watched our penalty miss on t.v. there and can't believe how far off his line the Hamilton keeper was, he must have been 3 or 4 yards off his line.

What the eff was the linesman watching? it's his only job at a penalty! :grr:

poolman
15-09-2009, 11:38 AM

I think it's more a case of blatant incompetence :agree:

Hibbyradge
15-09-2009, 11:41 AM
I said this at the time to my pal. he patted his chest as if to say thats where he saw the ball hit the defender> If he saw that, why did he change his mind?? Didnt believe him then and dont now, fact is he didnt want to give a stonewall pen:grr:

He thought it had hit his chest.

The linesman put him right.

Is that possible?

He could have over ruled the linesman.

Why didn't he?

Jim44
15-09-2009, 11:44 AM

Is that possible?

Why didn't he?

Because he would have looked a bigger @rse than he already did. :greengrin

Hibercelona
15-09-2009, 11:48 AM

Is that possible?

The ref hits his chest to signal that it wasn't a pen, but then denies seeing what happened after the game.

So why did he hit his chest if he claims he didnt see what happened? :confused:

Why didn't he?

Because according to him, he never had a clear view of what happened.

But if he never had a clear view of what happened, then how can he possibly make the call to say it wasnt a penalty?

Hibercelona
15-09-2009, 11:49 AM

That as well. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
15-09-2009, 11:52 AM

Obviously. :wink:

Clearly corruption is the favoured option, bit it is just possible that he changed his mind after talking to the linesman in an attempt to get the decision right, though, isn't it?

If you were being generous, likesay.

HFC 0-7
15-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Some terrible comments about SFA involvement to stop us getting up there with the old firm! If the ref made mistakes, thats what they were, no way was it an act of cheating. If the arguement was that they didnt want to Hibs to get in amongst the old firm then why not book or send of Nish when he hand balled it for their penalty?

The ref was stinking, but thats its. You cant imply that it was the refs 'cheating' that cost us the game. I would say it was our own fault. To win games you need to score and it wasnt the refs fault that we were absolutely rubbish at creating chances.

Hibercelona
15-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Some terrible comments about SFA involvement to stop us getting up there with the old firm! If the ref made mistakes, thats what they were, no way was it an act of cheating. If the arguement was that they didnt want to Hibs to get in amongst the old firm then why not book or send of Nish when he hand balled it for their penalty?

The ref was stinking, but thats its. You cant imply that it was the refs 'cheating' that cost us the game. I would say it was our own fault. To win games you need to score and it wasnt the refs fault that we were absolutely rubbish at creating chances.

Because he would have been helping us out by sending him off early. :duck:

HFC 0-7
15-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Because he would have been helping us out by sending him off early. :duck:

TRUE!!!!:greengrin Do you not think your comments were a bit over the top regarding the SFA etc? I think, in general, that the refs in scotland are of a low standard. I think they get a lot wrong and its easy to pick up on this when we get beat but I dont think they cheat. I also think that they may favour the old firm in tight decisions, more so at their grounds, maybe because of intimidation. Anyhoo, I think we got beat cause we were honking on Sunday but I am looking forward to this weekend! I just hope the players can still run after the Ar*se kicking they should have received after the performance.

Jim44
15-09-2009, 12:04 PM

I'm not disputing your second paragraph. We were lousy and deserved to be beaten.Neither am I remotely suggesting that there was anything as sinister as an attempt to favour the interests of the Old Firm. I am, however, open to seriously believing that an individual is capable of awarding decisions falsely, if he can get away with it, against a team he dislikes or for whatever twisted reason he might have. :dunno:

HFC 0-7
15-09-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm not disputing your second paragraph. We were lousy and deserved to be beaten.Neither am I remotely suggesting that there was anything as sinister as an attempt to favour the interests of the Old Firm. I am, however, open to seriously believing that an individual is capable of awarding decisions falsely, if he can get away with it, against a team he dislikes or for whatever twisted reason he might have. :dunno:

I hear what your saying, I just, personally, dont think it happened like that at the weekend. The ref had opportunities to stick the knife in, awarding a penalty against us and not booking nish or sending him off, it didnt make sense. I am pretty sure there was bad decisions for Hamilton too. I wasnt pointing the post to you directly regarding the SFA involvement. No doubt we will have decisions for us and against us throughout the season, it happens, unfortunately everyone remembers the ones against us!

If Only
15-09-2009, 12:51 PM
I was at the game. :rolleyes:

Were you even there?

Really? I must have forgotten to mension that in this thread. :rolleyes:

What gives you the right to pick out the parts of my reply that you want to answer why not put all of my reply on . And yes I was there but I dont know what that has to do with your conspiracy theory.

Hibercelona
15-09-2009, 12:59 PM
What gives you the right to pick out the parts of my reply that you want to answer why not put all of my reply on . And yes I was there but I dont know what that has to do with your conspiracy theory.

Well seeing as your post never actually contained any questions, I seen no need to highlight the full post.

It's incompetence in your opinion.

It was cheating in my opinion.

What gives you the right to slate me for having an opinion? :confused:

Hibbyradge
15-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Well seeing as your post never actually contained any questions, I seen no need to highlight the full post.

It's incompetence in your opinion.

It was cheating in my opinion.

What gives you the right to slate me for having an opinion? :confused:

What would his motivation be for cheating Hibs?

JimBHibees
15-09-2009, 01:09 PM

Could be any number of things, doesnt like Hibs, Yogi, both, an Accies fan, loves the West of Scotland, etc :greengrin

Hibercelona
15-09-2009, 01:10 PM

We seem to already know how the game's are going to go depending on who the ref is.

We all knew something like this would happen with this referee and it did.

How can we just keep putting it down to incompetence?

Can it not just be that certain refs have it in for certain teams? (and I don't just mean us)

We will probably get Richmond in a few weeks, and something like this will happen all over again... yet, people will continue to put it down to "incompetence".

Why? Because it's yammish if you don't?