PDA

View Full Version : Anybody read this Yogi quote?

Hibby 2005
14-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Yogi commenting in the Evening News on Sunday's game - "maybe I had too many flair players playing" - quite frankly an astonishing quote given the evidence on the park.

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Yogi commenting in the Evening News on Sunday's game - "maybe I had too many flair players playing" - quite frankly an astonishing quote given the evidence on the park.

Riordan and ....... can someone help me out who the rest were?:confused:

Jim44
14-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Riordan and ....... can someone help me out who the rest were?:confused:

.....what about the as yet unknown quantity, Stokes. He definitely wasn't up for the game.

TornadoHibby
14-09-2009, 04:43 PM
.....what about the as yet unknown quantity, Stokes. He definitely wasn't up for the game.

No point in singling individuals out Jim! :confused:

We were absolutely shocking yesterday and the players and management alike should be embarrassed at their efforts or, more accurately, lack of effort! :grr:

IWasThere2016
14-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Jesus! That's nearly Mixu-esque style gibbering!!!

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2009, 04:45 PM

If he's an unknown quantity, how are we to know he's a flair player?:wink:
If you go through the starting 11, its riordan and to a lesser extent stokes. None of the other 9 could in any way be described as flair players. Its a strange comment if you ask me, deflecting from the real reason we were crap, his team selection and formation.

Jim44
14-09-2009, 05:22 PM
If he's an unknown quantity, how are we to know he's a flair player?:wink:
If you go through the starting 11, its riordan and to a lesser extent stokes. None of the other 9 could in any way be described as flair players. Its a strange comment if you ask me, deflecting from the real reason we were crap, his team selection and formation.

I meant that he is an unknown quantity in terms of how things are going to pan out for him at ER. His performances in England have been mediocre by all accounts and I think he has been, perhaps correctly, set up as a class act on the basis of his time at Falkirk.

Golden Bear
14-09-2009, 05:31 PM

Further:-

This is what Yogi said in his post match interview for the Beeb:-

"I picked my team and made sure I had some physical stuff in there, but we were second-best".

So it looks like we had too many flair players but at the same time a fair sprinkling of physical players!

It's make your mind up time!

:confused:

AK86
14-09-2009, 05:34 PM
maybe he meant Nish.........................he is always on the flair:wink:

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2009, 05:50 PM
I meant that he is an unknown quantity in terms of how things are going to pan out for him at ER. His performances in England have been mediocre by all accounts and I think he has been, perhaps correctly, set up as a class act on the basis of his time at Falkirk.

Perhaps or perhaps not, although nothing to do with what Yogi said about having too many flair players in the team. Even if you count stokes, him and riordan would be the only 2 we could put anywhere near that category.:confused:

Hiber-nation
14-09-2009, 06:27 PM

:yawn:

He never said that but don't let it get in the way of your continual negative guff. Looks like the journo asked him if he had too many flair players playing.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hughes-warns-Hibs-stars-Shape.5643767.jp

WindyMiller
14-09-2009, 06:42 PM

No I never read that quote.

There's no such quote in the article.

Hibby 2005
14-09-2009, 07:32 PM
"Did I put out too many flair players?" was the direct quote from Yogi to the journalist. Much the same as I quoted above.

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2009, 07:35 PM
"Did I put out too many flair players?" was the direct quote from Yogi to the journalist. Much the same as I quoted above.

No you didnt John, in fact you never had enough on at the start.

CapitalHibs
14-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Mibbies two wiz too many:offski:

Pedantic_Hibee
14-09-2009, 07:38 PM

I read that as the journalist asking him the question and Yogi answering it to be honest.