PDA

View Full Version : How far was the keeper off his line?

hibhib7
14-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Miles off his line when the kick was taken - no matter how bad we played the ref made some shocking decisions. He didn't even see the arm on the line that denied us a goal and allowed the offender to get off Scot-free.

Jim44
14-09-2009, 04:14 PM
I honestly don't think incompetence had anything to do with the referee's shocking performance. I think he had set himself an agenda and only veered from it, ie. the Hibs penalty, because he realised that signalling that the ball hit the defender's chest was an act of cheating he couldn't get away with. He cheated just before the second goal when he failed to disallow Hibs a free kick for deliberate hand ball which was so blatant that a blind man running for a bus couldn't have missed it. This guy's integrity lies miles below the standard incompetence of many of the SFA referees and I think he should be investigated.

500miles
14-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Cerny would have saved it if he had dived in the same direction while staying on his line anyway. Garbage penalty.

lucky
14-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Just watched the highlights and he was on the six yard box line. Nish's sending was also ridiculous but we were almost as bad as the ref.

Broken Gnome
14-09-2009, 04:36 PM
I preferred the free kick on the edge of the Hamilton box, when...
...he paced out a very iffy looking ten yards
...allowed Hamilton to line up a wall two yards further forward despite standing in his original position the whole time
...then allowed the charger to get in the way of Rankin's shot a further two yards forward.

I Love Lamp
14-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Not sure about Cerny at the penalty because I haven't seen a good angle, though typically the West of Scotland Raj didn't flag this up.

That Accies should essentially be rewarded because four, supposedly cream-of-the-Scottish-referee-crop (though that's saying very little) officials, can't spot who has carried out the deliberate handball is lamentable.

Maybe if you got players to swap a Zorro Mask around every 10 minutes you could play a second goalkeeper role at set pieces and because the referee can't identify them, you never lose men for deliberate handball. In my opinion, he should've just sent one of them off because one of them deserved to be sent off and deal with the housekeeping, should he pick the wrong one, later.

Yes that would be unfair to the wrongly identified player but to not act at all beyond giving the penalty is unfair to the whole opposition team, its officials and its supporters.

A richt p*sh state of affairs.