PDA

View Full Version : Media Hamilton v Hibs highlights

cabbageandribs1875
14-09-2009, 03:09 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8255157.stm

1. what a cheap penalty to give away :agree:

2. we should have had a foul for handball(came off curiors arm) before hamilton foul for the 2nd goal

3. i think nish's 2nd yellow was a tad softish

apologies if already posted :cool2:

erin go bragh
14-09-2009, 03:21 PM
terrible from start to finnish. that joke of a ref didnt help but we were shocking:grr: three up front didnt work for mixu and its not going to work for yogi.[not with nish as the loan striker]

EskbankHibby
14-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Bamba ballwatching for the 2nd goal, should leave Hanlon to challenge for the 1st ball then deal with the 2nd ball by challenging Curier who he should have been marking.

Soft 2nd yellow for Nish.

WindyMiller
14-09-2009, 03:27 PM
terrible from start to finnish. that joke of a ref didnt help but we were shocking:grr: three up front didnt work for mixu and its not going to work for yogi.[not with nish as the loan striker]

Unfortunately he's not, we're stuck with him! :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
14-09-2009, 03:29 PM
pretty sad that only deeks penalty miss is our only attacking action in the highlights :agree: just how bad were we :grr:

WindyMiller
14-09-2009, 03:37 PM
pretty sad that only deeks penalty miss is our only attacking action in the highlights :agree: just how bad were we :grr:

Deeks had 2 free-kicks, 1 on target, in the first half.
In the second Hanlon burst through a crowd of players but hit it straight at the keeper. Deeks missed the pen which resulted from a header on target.
eh........... Think that's it.

jacomo
14-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Wasn't at the game, and don't really feel I got much insight from those "highlights".

2nd booking for Nish does look soft, but it was a foul... he's got his arm wrapped around the defender's neck. All the other decisions looked spot on to me.

TornadoHibby
14-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Wasn't at the game, and don't really feel I got much insight from those "highlights".

2nd booking for Nish does look soft, but it was a foul... he's got his arm wrapped around the defender's neck. All the other decisions looked spot on to me.

As I posted on another thread, Nish was pulled over by the Hamilton no 6 and landed on top of him with the no 6 then making it look like Nish had given him a dunt and a facial injury! :agree:

He was delighted when Nish got the second yellow and then the red as he had, FWIW, set out to get him booked IMO! :grr:

H18sry
14-09-2009, 04:03 PM
How can any ref worth his salt award us a penalty, and not send off the offending player:confused:

Hibercelona
14-09-2009, 04:04 PM
How can any ref worth his salt award us a penalty, and not send off the offending player:confused:

He never even awarded us a pen :bitchy:

It was the linesman.

The ref was never going to give us anything yesterday.... the muppet.

ballengeich
14-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Looked like Cerny was well off his line when Deek hit the penalty so it should have been retaken.

Cropley10
14-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Our record in a black kit is honking, have we ever won a game in it?

Also not only was the goalie off his line, but why wasn't the boy sent off for deliberate hand ball...??!

lapsedhibee
14-09-2009, 04:35 PM
why wasn't the boy sent off for deliberate hand ball...??!

Probably the linesman was too far away to see who it was.

What were all the Hamilton players protesting about though? It was as clear a case of handball as could be.

PISTOL1875
14-09-2009, 04:51 PM
What the hell was Bamba doing for the second goal ??? The guy is a bomescare at the back.. Get him into midfield.....:grr::grr::grr::grr:

The_Horde
14-09-2009, 09:53 PM
What the hell was Bamba doing for the second goal ??? The guy is a bomescare at the back.. Get him into midfield.....:grr::grr::grr::grr:

I'm quite happy with him in there, it's Hogg i'm worried about.

The mistake actually reminded me of a couple of times Rob Jones done the same and put my heart in my mouth.

Littlest Hobo
14-09-2009, 10:07 PM
The first penalty decision was very soft in my opinion? The balls bounced up, Nish has went to head it and it comes off his arm. That's never a deliberate penalty in yer nelly:grr: Shocking decision I thought?:grr:

The second goal, why on earth did Bamba come across to head a ball that he wasn't entitled too head? Hanlon was marking Mensing, it should have been left up to him to jump and clear the ball?:rolleyes: Result,Bamba leaves Curiur (ball watching)goes to head the ball that should be bread and butter for Hanlon,the two of them jump and still Mensing wins the header?:grr: Shocking play from Bamba.

Sir David Gray
14-09-2009, 10:15 PM

I'm sure I heard somewhere (think it was Radio Scotland on the way home) that neither the referee, nor his linesman, could actually identify the player who had handled the ball.

I don't think I'm imagining things. :greengrin

Also, I haven't seen any highlights yet but I saw the ball CLEARLY striking Curier's arm about two seconds before they got awarded the free kick, which ultimately lead to their second goal.

cabbageandribs1875
14-09-2009, 10:26 PM
actually now looking back, it's bizarre how the referee didn't book a hamilton player(even if it was the wrong one) the player would surely have been red-carded for preventing a goal ? but instead, hamilton kept there full compliment of players and deeks misses the penalty...double whammy :grr: i can understand the linesman not seeing it across the line but where the duck was the referee :I'm waiti which also raises the question, hamilton have a cheat playing for them :agree::devil: although cheating is apparently acceptable nowadays anyway :agree:

Jonnyboy
14-09-2009, 10:35 PM
actually now looking back, it's bizarre how the referee didn't book a hamilton player(even if it was the wrong one) the player would surely have been red-carded for preventing a goal ? but instead, hamilton kept there full compliment of players and deeks misses the penalty...double whammy :grr: i can understand the linesman not seeing it across the line but where the duck was the referee :I'm waiti which also raises the question, hamilton have a cheat playing for them :agree::devil: although cheating is apparently acceptable nowadays anyway :agree:

In the instant that the ball was handled the referee clearly thumped his chest to indicate that's how he'd seen it and only changed his mind on the word of his assistant. For me I'd say if he saw the ball strike a defender then he must have known which defender it was!! Baffling that no action was taken IMO :agree:

weedgiehibbie
14-09-2009, 10:45 PM

to help sum up how bad the ref was, its obvious the ref never saw the handball on the line as it was the linesman who say it and gave the penalty not the ref

now if its a handball on the line by a defender then its obviously an attempt on target by the attacking team and the ball is on the goal line - why the referee is not aware of this and watching it (which he sould be) as it happens shows how bad he is - if i was seen to be completely oblivous to a major incident in my work i would be hauled up for a disciplinary yet this (_0_) of a ref gets away scot free - not to take anything away as to how pathetic hibs were

cabbageandribs1875
14-09-2009, 10:56 PM
In the instant that the ball was handled the referee clearly thumped his chest to indicate that's how he'd seen it and only changed his mind on the word of his assistant. For me I'd say if he saw the ball strike a defender then he must have known which defender it was!! Baffling that no action was taken IMO :agree:

to help sum up how bad the ref was, its obvious the ref never saw the handball on the line as it was the linesman who say it and gave the penalty not the ref

in that case, full marks to the assistant because i honestly cant see how he could look along the line(if he was keeping up with play) and spot that hand ball....there's at least a half dozen body's on/around the line between the goal and the assistant :agree: