PDA

View Full Version : Yogi's Comments - Ties in with what I heard on Saturday Night

The Voice Of Reason
14-09-2009, 02:19 PM
From today's Scotsman :-

On what I have seen since I came in, one or two have to be taking a real look in the mirror and start to appreciate this club. It is not here for them, they are here for Hibs.

"Over the next few months I have some big decisions to make and the fans are going to have to trust me. There will be more comings and goings. It is a case of 'shape up or ship out'.

Sounds very similiar to what TM said before he emptied Grant Brebner. :boo hoo:

I heard on Saturday night (from someone who works for Hibs full time) that Yogi would not be too displeased if Riordan was sold. Yogi approached Rod Petrie with this idea but RP refused to sanction the sale (Burnley were at least 1 club who did table a bid).

Hopefully I am not going to be accused of being a Yam over this, I am only expressing my thoughts and sharing what I heard on Saturday night.

Thoughts ?

poolman
14-09-2009, 02:24 PM

On what I have seen since I came in, one or two have to be taking a real look in the mirror and start to appreciate this club. It is not here for them, they are here for Hibs.

"Over the next few months I have some big decisions to make and the fans are going to have to trust me. There will be more comings and goings. It is a case of 'shape up or ship out'.

I heard on Saturday night (from someone who works for Hibs full time) that Yogi would not be too displeased if Riordan was sold. Yogi approached Rod Petrie with this idea but RP refused to sanction the sale (Burnley were at least 1 club who did table a bid).

Hopefully I am not going to be accused of being a Yam over this, I am only expressing my thoughts and sharing what I heard on Saturday night.

Thoughts ?

http://www.meatmatters.com/images/cookingtips/Mince.jpg

The Voice Of Reason
14-09-2009, 02:26 PM

Cheers for that.

hibsdaft
14-09-2009, 02:26 PM
but RP refused to sanction the sale

:faf:

:wink:

Big Frank
14-09-2009, 02:27 PM

Thoughts ?

Wow.

Did your source expand as to the reasons why the manager wouldn't be adverse to seeing the back of Riordan?

It leads one to think that Riordan is undermining him in some way?

Do we have a potential powderkeg situation with bad boys like Riordan, Miller and Stokes?....

smurf
14-09-2009, 02:31 PM

Thoughts ?

There's rumours of Russian interest in Deeks apparently?

I wouldn't completely rule out Yogi or Rod punting Derek but why then would Yogi be singing his praises so highly in the media only this weekend?

Previously Yogi has spoken of Derek not knowing when to leave the training field...

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-09-2009, 02:32 PM

Superb. If a picture paints a thousand words.....

PaulSmith
14-09-2009, 02:34 PM

I wouldn't completely rule out Yogi or Rod punting Derek but why then would Yogi be singing his praises so highly in the media only this weekend?

Previously Yogi has spoken of Derek not knowing when to leave the training field...

Stimulate interest

scott7_0(Prague)
14-09-2009, 02:43 PM
http://www.logolalia.com/mailart/archives/pish-clean-3.jpg

IWasThere2016
14-09-2009, 02:50 PM
We cannot afford to take Derek's goals out of the side IMHO.

Failing to replace Jones is a mistake but then selling Riordan would be compounding it and madness.

Judas Iscariot
14-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Why did you not post about Riordan before now?

TornadoHibby
14-09-2009, 02:53 PM

Thoughts ?

And how close to the Board and the Management Team exactly is your "source" may I ask? :hmmm: :shhhsh!:

Westie1875
14-09-2009, 02:55 PM
We cannot afford to take Derek's goals out of the side IMHO.

Failing to replace Jones is a mistake but then selling Riordan would be compounding it and madness.

Agree, many fans would also question it - like it or not but Riordan brings extra punters through the door.

I'm not convinced Yogi's comments were about Deek anyway.

euro Hibby
14-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Deeks would not last 5 minutes in Russia ....... there are more side attractions and night clubs and there is a big language problem.

He really needs to mature in his own environment before making his next move. I also believe that the Russian Interest is paper talk.

Hibs need his goals and I think he needs Hibs.

Andy74
14-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Riordan has been working very hard this season and Hughes has just done an interview about how the thinks he has now changed off the park.

Seems very unlikely that he would be anywhere near first in the queue to go for attitude.

Stokes, Miller, McBride, Cregg, Stack and Galbraith he has just brought here, he has made Hogg captain and has been signing Rankin's praises for his attitude.

Can't see him meaning McCann, Hanlon or Murray

So who exactly is left that he could mean?

From the guys who played that leaves Bamba and Nish really and he thinks Bamba has been ouir best player.

And if Nish is one why keep him on a whole game he struggled in??

I'm struggling to put together his other public statements and the fact he brought in a lot of the players, and what he is now saying.

The Voice Of Reason
Why did you not post about Riordan before now?

Cos I only heard the information on Sat night........and when I read Yogi's comments today I felt it was worth posting.

I am an easy target I know, but I felt it was worth posting.

I agree that we don't want to lose Deek out of the team.....lets see how this one develops.

matty_f
You'd have to ask what RP would have to gain from refusing to sanction the sale of Riordan, when he's been fine to see Fletcher and Jones go.

So far as I can see, what the manager has wanted, the board have tried to deliver. If Yogi had wanted Deek gone, he'd be gone, IMHO.

jacomo
14-09-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm struggling to put together his other public statements and the fact he brought in a lot of the players, and what he is now saying.

:agree:

It all seems a bit strange, to be honest. Though this is not the first time I've had the impression that Yogi's mouth runs away from him at times when giving interviews.

JimBHibees
14-09-2009, 03:13 PM

One reason would be to get his price up

jacomo
14-09-2009, 03:17 PM
One reason would be to get his price up

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Riordan's a known commodity... and one who doesn't seem keen on leaving Scotland, either. He turned down several chances to leave Celtc for the Championship, so I'm not sure he'd relish a move to Russia.

Probably a good thing too... the nightlife out there would kill him! :wink:

TornadoHibby
14-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Cos I only heard the information on Sat night........and when I read Yogi's comments today I felt it was worth posting.

I am an easy target I know, but I felt it was worth posting.

I agree that we don't want to lose Deek out of the team.....lets see how this one develops.

Might be better now that you have set a hare off running that you speak to your "source" and get some more concrete information which you might also like to share with the regulars on here?! :wink:

Otherwise, what would be the point of your OP? :hmmm:

sevenil
14-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Though this is not the first time I've had the impression that Yogi's mouth runs away from him at times when giving interviews.

Yup me too

lapsedhibee
14-09-2009, 03:59 PM
this is not the first time I've had the impression that Yogi's mouth runs away from him at times when giving interviews.

Like an olympic sprinter going downhill with a following gale.

Hibby 2005
14-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Some of Yogi's comments lately are not making a great deal of sense, maybe starting to crack a little? When he first came he sounded inspiring, now he just sounds too much like a teacher handing out punishment to his naughty pupils.

Hibs90
14-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Some of Yogi's comments lately are not making a great deal of sense, maybe starting to crack a little? When he first came he sounded inspiring, now he just sounds too much like a teacher handing out punishment to his naughty pupils.

:bitchy:

matty_f
14-09-2009, 05:08 PM

He's only been in the job about 9 weeks or so FFS! Starting to crack?

Give me strength!

AK86
14-09-2009, 05:16 PM

No , He sounds like someone who is not too impressed with certain peoples attitude
I think he was getting at Deek or Stokes (or both?)

SRHibs
14-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Wow.

Did your source expand as to the reasons why the manager wouldn't be adverse to seeing the back of Riordan?

It leads one to think that Riordan is undermining him in some way?

Do we have a potential powderkeg situation with bad boys like Riordan, Miller and Stokes?....

http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2173871&postcount=30

I think we know who this post is on about now.:agree:

Silverhibee is always reliable in his information. Although no names are mentioned I think it's more than likely Riordan's been back to his old ways.

matty_f
14-09-2009, 05:30 PM

Silverhibee is always reliable in his information. Although no names are mentioned I think it's more than likely Riordan's been back to his old ways.

Not necessarily, did Silverhibee not have Sol Bamba in Blackburn for signing talks during the transfer window?:devil:

Dirkster23
14-09-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm not sue why so many people seem to doubt the OP. I don't know if Yogi's words are aimed at Riordan, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were.

There's no doubting Deeks talent but anyone can see he's not the hardest worker in the team. From the comments Yogi's made since he was appointed it's clear he likes players who put a shift in for the team.

I know he's made statements about how hard Deeks is working in training etc, but could this just be Yogi's style of management- talk him up during the week and hope he gets a performance at the weekend? It could also be that the transfer windows now closed, so why bad mouth players you've got to try and get the best from for the next 3 months.

As i said earlier, i don't know if Yogi's comments were aimed at Deeks or not, but with him saying there's big decisions to be made it sounds like a popular player he's talking about.

HibbyKeith
14-09-2009, 06:05 PM
There's no doubting Deeks talent but anyone can see he's not the hardest worker in the team.

Personally think thats one of the things derek has improved on since he was last a hibs player. doing a fair bit tracking back etc.

The Voice Of Reason
14-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Might be better now that you have set a hare off running that you speak to your "source" and get some more concrete information which you might also like to share with the regulars on here?! :wink:

Otherwise, what would be the point of your OP? :hmmm:

The point of my OP - well I wasn't going to post anything at all, but when I read Yogi's comments I decided to do so, simple as that.

Hopefully those who know me on here will know that I am not making this up.....I can kind of appreciate the scepticism though. :agree:

P.S I expected to be accused of being a Yam......that hasn't happened yet. I did like the picture of the mince though, that made me laugh!

Dirkster23
14-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Personally think thats one of the things derek has improved on since he was last a hibs player. doing a fair bit tracking back etc.

I agree, he is working back a lot more than he has in the past. However, in terms of effort he probably still puts in less than any other player.

Just to set the record straight, i'm a fan of Deeks and think he's worth his place in the team for the bits of magic he can produce.

I'd be surprised if Yogi was having a go at Stokes a few weeks after bringing him in...that leaves Riordan or Bamba as his obvious targets.

horseflesh
14-09-2009, 06:48 PM
This all just b0llocks, if you wanted to put your foot down over a players behaviour the first you would do is drop him from a match and i dont think he has had any reason to do that to Riordan

CapitalHibs
14-09-2009, 07:11 PM
I agree, he is working back a lot more than he has in the past. However, in terms of effort he probably still puts in less than any other player.

Just to set the record straight, i'm a fan of Deeks and think he's worth his place in the team for the bits of magic he can produce.

I'd be surprised if Yogi was having a go at Stokes a few weeks after bringing him in...that leaves Riordan or Bamba as his obvious targets.

Might be nothing in it, but I remember dunfy fans complaining that Bamba always seemed to get a "bit too big fer his boots" after he had been away on International duty and mixing with some of the Ivory Coast stars:dunno:

KeithTheHibby
14-09-2009, 07:12 PM

And I am quite sure that Silverhibee knows Derek (family?) so I seriously doubt he would be posting about him.

PaulSmith
14-09-2009, 07:18 PM
No idea what or who Hughes is talking about but pretty sure it will be either Riordan or Stokes, I would guess that he wouldn't have been impressed that they spent 4 days on the sauce in Dublin at their recent weekend off...

PC Stamp
14-09-2009, 07:26 PM
He's only been in the job about 9 weeks or so FFS! Starting to crack?

Give me strength!

Up 'til yesteday Yogi's interviews had been "inspiring", "open", "like a breath of fresh air", "way more communicative than any Hibs manager in the past" etc ...

Some of the terms used to describe Yogi's communication with the fans.

Now we've played poorly and lost a game which on paper we were expected to win and today his interviews are "too open", "he let's his gob run away with him", "sending mixed messages", "suggest he's cracking" etc ...

We Hibs fans do have a tendency to rip the written media whilst at the same time taking every word they write as gospel! A few carefully chosen quotes in the press which are of course selected by them purely to be controversial and all of a sudden it's knee jerk time again.

There seems to be an increasing number of people these days whose football lives appear incomplete without misery and/or something to moan about! :rolleyes:

CapitalHibs
14-09-2009, 07:28 PM
No idea what or who Hughes is talking about but pretty sure it will be either Riordan or Stokes, I would guess that he wouldn't have been impressed that they spent 4 days on the sauce in Dublin at their recent weekend off...

uh-oh!
:worms:

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2009, 07:33 PM
I prefer riordan playing up front in a front 2, playing him in a 3 wider, yes he does a lot more work tracking back, but it also takes him away from were he does all his best work, and also tires him out more doing the work of a midfielder. Resulting in him being less effective.

Dirkster23
14-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Too many people knee jerking again on the basis of a few selected quotes in the press which are of course selected by them purely to be controversial! If the media selected one quote and then gave the explanation along with it then they wouldn't sell papers cos punters want controversy. That said, we'd probably still have the knee jerkers because a growing number of people just can't wait for a bad result. It's like their lives are incomplete without misery and/or something to moan about! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I can't see anyone on this thread that's said anything to suggest they want Hibs to lose :confused:

One thing you can always say about Yogi- he's a straight talker. If the quotes in today's Scotsman are correct then he's fairly unhappy with the attitude/effort of certain players. Whilst i agree some quotes can be taken out of context, i'm struggling to think of the leading questions he must have been asked to come out with those statements.

PC Stamp
14-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Too many people knee jerking again on the basis of a few selected quotes in the press which are of course selected by them purely to be controversial! If the media selected one quote and then gave the explanation along with it then they wouldn't sell papers cos punters want controversy. That said, we'd probably still have the knee jerkers because a growing number of people just can't wait for a bad result. It's like their lives are incomplete without misery and/or something to moan about! :rolleyes:
I can't see anyone on this thread that's said anything to suggest they want Hibs to lose :confused:

One thing you can always say about Yogi- he's a straight talker. If the quotes in today's Scotsman are correct then he's fairly unhappy with the attitude/effort of certain players. Whilst i agree some quotes can be taken out of context, i'm struggling to think of the leading questions he must have been asked to come out with those statements.

I wasn't suggesting that to be the case Neil and in fact was editing my earlier post as just it seems as you were replying to it. It wasn't upon re-reading it worded how I wanted it. Of course I don't believe that any true Hibby wants Hibs to lose a game but I do think there is a growing number who seem to take some sort of pleasure in wallowing in the misery by bashing the team whenever we do.

Yogi has said since day one that he has a big job in front of him and that success won't happen overnight. He's said that we need to be patient. Players will come and others will go. There will be poor performances and bad results along the way. We won't win every game and at present we won't play silky football for 90 minutes in every game even though that's the eventual aim. He's also asked us to be patient on a good number of occasions and to trust in him that he knows what he's doing and knows where this club should be in Scottish football. Yet the minute the first bad result comes along people totally forget all that to jump aboard the misery train!

clerriehibs
14-09-2009, 08:06 PM

Thoughts ?

and he persists in playing him because ... ?

Jack
14-09-2009, 08:52 PM
You can imagine the conversation.

Yogi. I want Deek sold.

Rod. We've just sold Jones and Fletch. Do you want a riot? If he's still a problem we'll flog him in one of the next windows. Big him up so we can get a good price.

Yogi. Sounds like a plan I'll play him when I can. BTW did you ever get that wine stain oot your suit?

poolman
15-09-2009, 05:14 AM

In the name o the wee man :rolleyes:

Steve-O
15-09-2009, 06:29 AM
I said earlier today that I wouldn't be surprised to see Riordan sold sooner rather than later based on these comments.

Just a guess, but can we think of many others who are reknowned for 'playing up'??

Dashing Bob S
15-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Great to see that some fans believe we want to sell one of our best players following a defeat from Hamilton. If we lose the next derby to Hearts do you think we sell the training centre to property developers? If we win, will we resign Scott Brown and build a creche under the new stand so that parents of young children can attend games?

poolman
15-09-2009, 07:30 AM
Great to see that some fans believe we want to sell one of our best players following a defeat from Hamilton. If we lose the next derby to Hearts do you think we sell the training centre to property developers? If we win, will we resign Scott Brown and build a creche under the new stand so that parents of young children can attend games?

:agree: We got beat away from home from Hamilton, indeed a bad result.

But all of a sudden players are being sold, they're out on the pish again and playing with hangovers, Yogi's crackin up :bitchy:

When's it gonna end, we're doomed a tell ye, doomed :boo hoo:

Sudds_1
15-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Maybe Yogi thinks Hogg is popular with the fans? :rolleyes:

Ritchie
15-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Up 'til yesteday Yogi's interviews had been "inspiring", "open", "like a breath of fresh air", "way more communicative than any Hibs manager in the past" etc ...

Some of the terms used to describe Yogi's communication with the fans.

Now we've played poorly and lost a game which on paper we were expected to win and today his interviews are "too open", "he let's his gob run away with him", "sending mixed messages", "suggest he's cracking" etc ...

We Hibs fans do have a tendency to rip the written media whilst at the same time taking every word they write as gospel! A few carefully chosen quotes in the press which are of course selected by them purely to be controversial and all of a sudden it's knee jerk time again.

There seems to be an increasing number of people these days whose football lives appear incomplete without misery and/or something to moan about! :rolleyes:

:agree::top marks

we are all hibs fans on here, we should be used to getting built up and then let down.

fwiw, i think sunday was just a blip and we'll make up for it on saturday.

Steve-O
15-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Think some of you are forgetting that it was the manager that has basically started this conjecture with his comments at the weekend.

Sudds_1
15-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Sunday's result was classic Hibs..............same old stuff I've suffered for over 40 years supporting my team.

Yogis's comments? My own view FWIW is that he's trying to send the fans a message that he's hurting..and that the players aint doing what he's telling them on the training ground (on Sunday his screams to several players made that clear).

Lets face it, I'd rather have that than the previous incumbent telling us how "fantastic" we were, how the performance was good, how we were plain unlucky, and that the boys did a "fantastic" job........:agree:

skipster7
15-09-2009, 09:25 AM

he must have a double then as hes usually glued to his xbox every night and seems to be knuckling down more than ever in games :confused:
please elaborate ?

RickyS
15-09-2009, 09:44 AM
he must have a double then as hes usually glued to his xbox every night and seems to be knuckling down more than ever in games :confused:
please elaborate ?

radio commentator on sunday (rob mclean i think) said that there was a russian club sniffing about him, preparin a big offer. there window does not close until october. I personally hope its not true regardless of the money involved, infact i would love deek to sign a new long contract, but he has to listen to what Yogi's telling him.

Phil D. Rolls
15-09-2009, 09:45 AM

Thoughts ?

You are a Yam. :greengrin

Seriously though, it sounds very much like Yogi has given people a chance, and it's "his way, or the highway".

ps Are you any relation to "The Bloke in the Pub", he used to vie with "The Voice of Reason", for the title of Britain's worst informed columnist.

JimBHibees
15-09-2009, 09:50 AM

Surely not, would have thought Stokes should have been trying to get fit.

GreenOnions
15-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Should've spent the money on a new stand after all I reckon! :boo hoo:

Kato
15-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Why do people feel the need to post every bit of rumour they hear. Certain fans were making rumours up during pre-season and within hours they were up on the boards, being taken as gospel and growing wings.

Source? Guy in the pub on a saturday night.

Real or not some things are better off being left unsaid and allow the real events to unfold.

I understand though that ego's require bolstering, so posting every titbit of info, sometimes to the detriment of the club, is a requirement to do so.

I heard a rumour (on this thread) the OP is scared of being called a Jambo. Why is that?

oneone73
15-09-2009, 10:26 AM

Interesting. Wasn't Deek sent home "with a virus" at the start of last week?:hmmm:

scoopyboy
15-09-2009, 10:29 AM
I think people bad mouthing Derek Riordan in this thread are completely wrong.

He trains well and I don't think for a minute it is Derek who Yogi is getting at.

Any misdemeanours I have heard involving him are post match.

I think our poor trainers are from the Foreign Legion and this just might show in the January transfer window. If I'm right I think Yogi may be unpopular in the short term but he may feel he has to do it for long term progress.

oneone73
15-09-2009, 10:33 AM
I think people bad mouthing Derek Riordan in this thread are completely wrong.

He trains well and I don't think for a minute it is Derek who Yogi is getting at.

Any misdemeanours I have heard involving him are post match.

I think our poor trainers are from the Foreign Legion and this just might show in the January transfer window. If I'm right I think Yogi may be unpopular in the short term but he may feel he has to do it for long term progress.

Good news about Deek. For "Foreign Legion" are we talking sons of the desert?

oldbutdim
15-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Interesting. Wasn't Deek sent home "with a virus" at the start of last week?:hmmm:

:cool2:

I thought he was "sent home" with a virus at the start of last week.
Or he may have been sent "home" with a virus.

Whatever it was, it was definitely pretty sinister and there were " " s involved somewhere.

Or "somewhere".

The Voice Of Reason
15-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Why do people feel the need to post every bit of rumour they hear. Certain fans were making rumours up during pre-season and within hours they were up on the boards, being taken as gospel and growing wings.

Source? Guy in the pub on a saturday night.

Real or not some things are better off being left unsaid and allow the real events to unfold.

I understand though that ego's require bolstering, so posting every titbit of info, sometimes to the detriment of the club, is a requirement to do so.

I heard a rumour (on this thread) the OP is scared of being called a Jambo. Why is that?

Not going to get in to an argument, but I will respond to your post.

As stated previously, I originally chose not to post, but when I read Yogi's comments I decided to post something as I felt it was linked.

My source wasn't "a bloke down the pub".

My post had nothing to do with my ego.

I expected to be accused of being a Yam as that is what happened when I stated my feelings on Mixu not being the man for the job many many months ago !

scoopyboy
15-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Good news about Deek. For "Foreign Legion" are we talking sons of the desert?

I like little cryptic clues now and again.

You have me sussed.

oneone73
15-09-2009, 11:53 AM
I like little cryptic clues now and again.

You have me sussed.

That's Laurel and Hardy on the way out then ...

scoopyboy
15-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Does the Ivory Coast have a desert (out of curiousity)?

Kato
15-09-2009, 12:47 PM
As stated previously, I originally chose not to post, but when I read Yogi's comments I decided to post something as I felt it was linked.

So you couldn't help yourself.

My source wasn't "a bloke down the pub".

Bloke/blokess, pub/bus/bakers. Does it matter?

My post had nothing to do with my ego.

Yeah yeah.

I expected to be accused of being a Yam as that is what happened when I stated my feelings on Mixu not being the man for the job many many months ago !

Why are you trying to cause trouble for players on here?

If any player is to leave adn it helps the club what's the big deal? Why not just let it go until something actually happens?

Calvin
15-09-2009, 12:53 PM

Well Stokes looks to have redeemed himself:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Stokes-and-Miller-set-the.5646829.jp

lapsedhibee
15-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Well Stokes looks to have redeemed himself:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Stokes-and-Miller-set-the.5646829.jp

So it's settled then. Deeks is to be sold to Russia, defo.

500miles
15-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Maybe Yogi thinks Hogg is popular with the fans? :rolleyes:

Don't think Yogi cares who is popular. McBride was very unpopular at Falkirk, but Yogi believed in him, and continued to play him. McBride's time so far at Hibs would suggest Yogi was right.

bigwheel
15-09-2009, 04:16 PM
There's a huge amount of assumptions and guesswork this OP is based on....

So Yogi comes out and tells us he has some hard decisions to make to drive this team forward.....what's the big deal?

Riordan a likely candidate to go....what nonsense...Yogi has spent more time bigging Riordan (and Stokes) up in the last week than he has on this "they need to trust me" message to the fans.....

I'm going to ignore the guesswork and judge Yogi's views on his actions e.g. who is getting a game, and who isnae.....

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2009, 04:17 PM

So Yogi comes out and tells us he has some hard decisions to make to drive this team forward.....what's the big deal?

Riordan a likely candidate to go....what nonsense...Yogi has spent more time bigging Riordan (and Stokes) up in the last week than he has on this "they need to trust me" message to the fans.....

I'm going to ignore the guesswork and judge Yogi's views on his actions e.g. who is getting a game, and who isnae.....

:thumbsup::top marks

The Green Goblin
15-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Well, according to some on here, Maka was dropped despite being fit for the Celtic game and there`s Yogi talking about shaping up or shipping out...

I dunno.

But it strikes me there are echoes of John Collins here, and how unhappy he was with the attitude of the players. Yogi will need to know when to praise and when to punish, which was something Collins seemed to get wrong.

I for one am not a bit sorry he`s said this, or should our manager really have to compromise his standards and expectations for a Hibs player`s ego?

I don`t think so....

GG

HIBERNIALEITH
15-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Sunday's result was classic Hibs..............same old stuff I've suffered for over 40 years supporting my team.

Yogis's comments? My own view FWIW is that he's trying to send the fans a message that he's hurting..and that the players aint doing what he's telling them on the training ground (on Sunday his screams to several players made that clear).

Lets face it, I'd rather have that than the previous incumbent telling us how "fantastic" we were, how the performance was good, how we were plain unlucky, and that the boys did a "fantastic" job........:agree:

:thumbsup:I concur!!!!! Completely agree with this!!!:thumbsup:

BarneyK
15-09-2009, 11:17 PM
He surely can't be referring to Zemmama or Benji. They're fasting (and have been for the past 3 weeks), and neither started at the weekend. Would be a bit rich blaming Zouma in the circumstances.

AK86
15-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Why dosent he just go the whole hog (nae pun intended!!!!!!!!!) and tell us who he isnt happy with?
why should the fans be left in the dark about the facts all the time
keeping us in our place?
He see's the players day in +out, if he can see people "winging it" name them, :confused:

MrRobot
15-09-2009, 11:27 PM
I think if anything he is referring to either Nish or Bamba.

AK86
15-09-2009, 11:35 PM
I think if anything he is referring to either Nish or Bamba.
Dont think its Nish. For all his faults he dosent appear to give it big time charlie stuff.
Bamba ...........maybe
I think it Deek who is on his radar. Bags of talent, but attitude and body language is suspect
If it is I hope he sorts it oot cause I wouldnt want to lose the huffy wee yam slayer a 2nd time:bitchy:

RIP
16-09-2009, 07:08 AM
Well, according to some on here, Maka was dropped despite being fit for the Celtic game and there`s Yogi talking about shaping up or shipping out...

I dunno.

But it strikes me there are echoes of John Collins here, and how unhappy he was with the attitude of the players. Yogi will need to know when to praise and when to punish, which was something Collins seemed to get wrong.

I for one am not a bit sorry he`s said this, or should our manager really have to compromise his standards and expectations for a Hibs player`s ego?

I don`t think so....
GG

Yeh GG - that's my point (made on another thread) that this 'negative culture' has been around at ER under Petrie and the club appears to entertain it. Petrie certainly didn't give Collins enough backing IMO

Mowbray, Collins, Mixu and now Yogi have been confronted with problems of:

Off-field discpline
Poor attitude to training
Not playing for each other
Acting like big-time Charlies
Disobeying the manager's instructions

and yet the employer who pays these guys good wages to perform stands idly by leaving the coaches to struggle or give up. It's pretty obvious to me that no manager to date has had any lasting success at Hibs trying to tackle these problems.

I belive they are systemic and need a more fundamental approach from the top down

TornadoHibby
16-09-2009, 08:00 AM

It's the only sensible approach to adopt as "debating" the pros and cons of each player seeking to try and "work out" who is/are the culprit(s) is a complete and utter waste of time IMO! :agree: :wink:

Let the facts speak for themselves as they inevitably always do! :wink:

ancient hibee
16-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Yeh GG - that's my point (made on another thread) that this 'negative culture' has been around at ER under Petrie and the club appears to entertain it. Petrie certainly didn't give Collins enough backing IMO

Mowbray, Collins, Mixu and now Yogi have been confronted with problems of:
Off-field discpline
Poor attitude to training
Not playing for each other
Acting like big-time Charlies
Disobeying the manager's instructions

and yet the employer who pays these guys good wages to perform stands idly by leaving the coaches to struggle or give up. It's pretty obvious to me that no manager to date has had any lasting success at Hibs trying to tackle these problems.

I belive they are systemic and need a more fundamental approach from the top down
Which was the club that fined Riordan recently again?