PDA

View Full Version : October 10th -Free weekend?

MB62
14-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Looking at the fixture list I noticed that Saturday October 10th is a free weekend.

Anybody know the reason behind this :dunno: :confused:

sambajustice
14-09-2009, 01:51 PM
International fixtures I would assume auld yin...

Ecosse has no game because of the group of 5 thing...

I think FIFA/UEFA has set an international fixture calendar...

Danderhall Hibs
14-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Looking at the fixture list I noticed that Saturday October 10th is a free weekend.

Anybody know the reason behind this :dunno: :confused:

World Cup play-offs I think mate.

Jumbo
14-09-2009, 02:01 PM
World Cup play-offs I think mate.

They are the weekend 14th November, the 10th of October is the last of the World Cup group games

MB62
14-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks folks. Assumed it would be something like international fixtures but didn't see why the SPL would have a blank Saturday when Scotland were not going to be playing.

I suppose the amount of foreign internationalists playing in the SPL these days (unless you're Dundee Utd :wink: :greengrin) then it makes sense that way to keep it free.

Just need to get p155ed that day instead. :party:

AFKA5814_Hibs
14-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks folks. Assumed it would be something like international fixtures but didn't see why the SPL would have a blank Saturday when Scotland were not going to be playing.

I suppose the amount of foreign internationalists playing in the SPL these days (unless you're Dundee Utd :wink: :greengrin) then it makes sense that way to keep it free.

Just need to get p155ed that day instead. :party:

:agree: Bamba, Makalamby, Zemmama and Benji could all be away with their respective countries that weekend.

hibee_girl
14-09-2009, 03:31 PM
International fixtures I would assume auld yin...

Ecosse has no game because of the group of 5 thing...

I think FIFA/UEFA has set an international fixture calendar...

Scotland do have a game, pretty sure we're playing Japan in a friendly.